[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Origins completed. You know its a good game if emroth completes it.
Since I got new console I completed only two games and one of them was Firewatch that took 5hours to finish.
So investing 50hrs in my limited play time means its a solid fucking game.

Installing Subnautica now, coz this game is haunting me. Big fan of survival/crafting and this one has amazing reviews. Like Origins - the whole settings does not sound appealing to me, but hey - I was wrong before!

Will try that before I jump into AC Black flag and AC Odyssey.

Origins completed. You know its a good game if emroth completes it.
Since I got new console I completed only two games and one of them was Firewatch that took 5hours to finish.
So investing 50hrs in my limited play time means its a solid fucking game.

Installing Subnautica now, coz this game is haunting me. Big fan of survival/crafting and this one has amazing reviews. Like Origins - the whole settings does not sound appealing to me, but hey - I was wrong before!

Will try that before I jump into AC Black flag and AC Odyssey.
IMMORTALITY is out shortly. I would strongly advise to stop playing any other game and invest your time in this one.

Is that the "interactive movie game"?
Coz if it is - it doesnt look remotely interesting to me.

Lovely!
I'm knee deep in mafia atm, but after that!
I was literally just starting Subnautica, so that can wait. Really liked Zelda Breath of the Wild, so had to try this. Lot of similar moments that I had playing Zelda, which mainly involved - "oh!! You can even do that?? Thats so cool.."

As for Origins - yeah, @Isslander - try it when it comes out. I really enjoyed it.

Yesterday I had a try at Fenix via xCloud. It looked and played really good. Seems like fun and enjoyed the little combat I tried. Does anyone know how long the game is? I cant seem to finish something that takes too long... Now that Emroth has been talking about AC:O I'm tempted to start it again but forgot story and controls.

Also trying to get a grip on Stellaris Console Edition controls (I know I know those games are for KB&M but just laying on the couch is so much nicer)

Besides that enjoying FIFA 22

Yesterday I had a try at Fenix via xCloud. It looked and played really good. Seems like fun and enjoyed the little combat I tried. Does anyone know how long the game is? I cant seem to finish something that takes too long..
I already checked it, coz Im in the same boat. I have so many games in the queue that I dont want to get into anything too crazy.
From what people say its about 25hrs to complete (not to 100% it).
To compare - Origins was about 30hrs when focusing on main quest. It took me 48hrs, but I did a lot of side quests.

So, going by my amazing calculation - you said you had to take a break after about 80% of Origins, so your patience limit should be enough to complete this one. ;)

I already checked it, coz Im in the same boat. I have so many games in the queue that I dont want to get into anything too crazy.
From what people say its about 25hrs to complete (not to 100% it).
To compare - Origins was about 30hrs when focusing on main quest. It took me 48hrs, but I did a lot of side quests.

So, going by my amazing calculation - you said you had to take a break after about 80% of Origins, so your patience limit should be enough to complete this one. ;)

Thanks for doing the mafths. Too bad AC:O doesnt support cross save, I could really tackle that 20% thats missing

Ok I can tell more now since I already have 12hrs played on it.
Gameplay is very solid and to be honest - gameplay is what pushes this game forward.

No bullshit weapon breaking like in Breath of The Wild, where most of the time you had to use shitty weapons, coz you wanted to save the good ones for later (and they still broke after few hits).

The story is light and funny, but at times bit cringe and annoying. So gameplay is what keeps it going.

But its typical Ubisoft. Huge map where you have to discover new regions and scout them and grind and collect stuff that will make you stronger to allow progression.

To compare with Origins - Origins had a great story and it was a serious game. The grind felt like a somewhat natural thing to do in order to prepare for what comes next. Plus sidequests were interesting and varied.
Here it just feels forced, especially since gring is just collecting chests and crystals and bolts and plants.

World is much more dense than BOTW, which is both good and bad..
Good coz there is shit loads to do, bad coz I feel like it takes away from exploration a bit.
In BOTW there were quiet, open areas of the map, where you could wind down and just enjoy exploration.
Here its constant climbing, jumping, flying, monsters... its just a bit too packed.
And over inflated with meaningless things to do. I wish the map was more.. empty and quiet.

Dont get me wrong - its still a solid game, but I wouldnt recommend paying full price for it. For gamepass users - its definetely must try. Especially if you didnt play BOTW, coz everything will feel fresh and fun.

Lovely!
I'm knee deep in mafia atm, but after that!
I’m also playing this mate. “Free” on PlayStation Premium at moment (the remake).

Only played the third game before, which was ok, nothing special.

But I’m absolutely hooked on Mafia 1. Can’t stop playing and don’t know why or how I missed this back in the day.

Forza Horizon 4 on the S, Grid Legends on PS5. Playing them a bit differently, Forza with the outside view and Grid with cockpit view. Mostly Forbidden West though, which is really picking up after the smaller first area.

Gamepass member but the most hours ive put in is Apex legends. Very few games out that give the heart pounding thrill like this f2p game. Finished the first Mass Effect few days ago, not sure i will be taking on 2, it was pretty underwhelming for me pace wise. I will defo try out Ni no kuni (1), i missed it on ps3 but the first 10 mins were really well done.

Ghost of Tsushima.
30hrs in. Cleared entire first Island and working my way up on the second. The fact that Im not skipping any combat opportunity and go to each and every question mark is an indication how good this game is.
First game where I switch my armour depending on what Im doing. Love to switch things around and sometimes go full ninja, other times just charge into the middle of a village and lauch at enemies from my horse.
Its a great game with nice balance of quiet and tense moments. And duels are fantastic.

Ghost of Tsushima.
30hrs in. Cleared entire first Island and working my way up on the second. The fact that Im not skipping any combat opportunity and go to each and every question mark is an indication how good this game is.
First game where I switch my armour depending on what Im doing. Love to switch things around and sometimes go full ninja, other times just charge into the middle of a village and lauch at enemies from my horse.
Its a great game with nice balance of quiet and tense moments. And duels are fantastic.
one of the best games I ever played! hands down. finish the game so we could talk later about the story :)

Feel like you guys abeing really unfair to Deathloop, it is a good game. Dares to be a bit different as well. I admit I didn't finish it last year, after a crippling bug wiped out about 2 hours progress, but I always meant to get back to it as I am close to the end.

But right now nothing comes close to beating out Forbidden West for me when it comes to playtime. It just gets better and better the more I play it. Also doesn't hurt that it looks incredible. I find myself taking screenshots during conversations with random characters because everybody looks so good. They also nicked the armor dyeing from Ghost of Tsushima, a wise choise.

Mafia 1. (Remake)

It’s good but I was expecting more for some reason. Story is keeping me going, near the end now I think.

After Ghost of Tsushima I was looking for a new game to play.
Wanted to play Black Flag, but couldnt get pass controls, camera movements and general clunkyness.. pity, coz I really wanted to like it.
So I started Tomb Raider trilogy instead and im really digging it.
Its like Uncharted for adults. Very brutal and raw. Even tho first part is older than Black Flag it still plays smoothly and graphics was nicely updated when they made a reboot.
Its funny how many games I missed while being trapped in football games limbo over the last years.

Back
Top Bottom