[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Lovely game ,wish it could be a bit more solo orientated.
Awful tough without the HUD tho. It switches everything off. Mini map, health and notifications are kinda obvious, but it also gets rid of aiming reticle, your ammo count, even fuel level in your car. Aiming in third person without reticle is ridiculously hard.😂
Add to it out of ammo and fuel surprises and you get some proper clusterfucks at times. But its great fun. Really immersive seeing nothing but your character on the screen.

Awful tough without the HUD tho. It switches everything off. Mini map, health and notifications are kinda obvious, but it also gets rid of aiming reticle, your ammo count, even fuel level in your car. Aiming in third person without reticle is ridiculously hard.😂
Add to it out of ammo and fuel surprises and you get some proper clusterfucks at times. But its great fun. Really immersive seeing nothing but your character on the screen.
Not there yet buddy;)
Right now the normal gameplay is plenty ,but I really love.

Not there yet buddy;)
Right now the normal gameplay is plenty ,but I really love.
Fortunately there are difficulty sliders, where you can drop action difficulty while ramping up community management difficulty and making map harsher for resources. There are ways to keep a nice balance without going too much into frustration territory.
I just cant play games with all the crap on the screen anymore, even if it makes it harder to play.

Windjammers 2. Best sequel from a retro game ever, 19.99 and i got tons more fun than some of my 59.99 games like Nier Automata, UFC etc.
Simple, effective, and captivating as fuck. Wasn't even aware it was out : rushed on it and brought it directly haha.

I'm a fan from the 1st even if i try to be objective, but there no other "invented sports" better than that one on console.
The adds are perfectly balanced (smash and push directly the disc) also the few new characters.

It's the only game on my collection i want to play online (i played friendly with the first), but you can't without PS+ : i will probably took a year with the 59.99 option when i'll be way better like i was in the old time, i'm too weak right now in comparison.

One issue : not enough modes offline. My own issue, i got really hard to choose my character (i took the new one from China, pretty good)
I prefers to play with characters with big strenght but slow : as every character have a + and a -, but all are balanced). Will check if there's more offline.

Is there anyone possessing that game? It's out on Steam too.

Yakuza like a dragon - trying this right now, via plus, as I never played one of the yakuza games before.
the story telling is dense, a lot of story and cutscenes… the fighting system (turn based) is not my kind but it serves the purpose I guess. Let’s see how i like it a bit deeper into the game. I’m interested how the story unfolds. A lot of funny moments…

Little Nightmares - (via plus) first time I have my hands on the series as well. Always wanted to try that too… and it’s just lovely. Super cute, the animations, the atmosphere… I like it!

Last edited:
Assassins Creed Origins.
I only played the first Assassin when it came out, so its been a while.
10hours in, really enjoying it.
One thing that bugs me is that the game seems to be designed to be played for 100s of hours.
Since I have a lot of games on the go, or in the queue for playing next - Id rather if it let me get through the story a bit faster.
Thought that switching Enemy Scaling ON will let me pick any quests that are interesting, but it doesnt work like that.
It doesnt scale enemies down, only up.
So Im still blocked from many quests, as enemies are 10 levels higher than me.
Having said that - its a well designed and enjoyable game.
I just had to switch all the rubbish on the screen, like enemy levels, health bars and all notifications. Game looks and plays way better without all that clutter.
Already have Black Flag installed and planning on checking the rest of the franchise.

FIFA 22 NG, trying some new builds in Division 2 now that its much easier with targeted loot.
I tried Tainted Trail: Conquest in Gamepass, really enjoying it if you like card games like Slay the Spire.

Thinking about starting a new run in Stellaris or CK3 would like to start in Xbox instead of PC as I prefer to sit in the couch.

Assassins Creed Origins.
I only played the first Assassin when it came out, so its been a while.
10hours in, really enjoying it.

I really enjoyed AC:Origins, its a great game that surprised me. Hope it doesnt happen to you but I felt it dragged on for a little bit too much. I would say I was about 80% done with the game but after a while I just had to take a break from it a couple of years ago. Hope my savegame is backed up in the cloud, I always think about returning to it.

Hope it doesnt happen to you but I felt it dragged on for a little bit too much
Thats my fear. Thats why I wanted to speed the story up a little bit with level scaling, so it doesnt become boring.
Personally I always found Greek mythology more interesting than ancient Egypt, so Odyssey could suit me better. I just tried Origins coz its on Game Pass, to see if I will even enjoy this new rpg style. Origins has that cross between old and new combat, but from what I heard Odyssey and Valhalla went all button mashing. Which isn't something I particularly hate (if its done well), but its a bit sad to see as Assassins had a very unique type of combat.
They are still decent games and Im surprised how much they packed into this world.

Just clocked 30hrs on Origins.
Its one of the best games I have played in recent years!
It keeps surprising me with its mechanics, encounters and quests.
Last quest I played - 'Gift from the Gods' was like... Woah!
To anyone who ignored this franchise coz, like myself, thought it was a shallow and boring attempt of an open world rpg - I really recommend to try it. Especially since its on Gamepass.
You might just end up and surprised as I am.
Odyssey with all DLC's is waiting in the queue.

Last edited:
Just clocked 30hrs on Origins.
Its one of the best games I have played in recent years!
It keeps surprising me with its mechanics, encounters and quests.
Last quest I played - 'Gift of the Gods' was like... Woah!
To anyone who ignored this franchise coz, like myself, thought it was a shallow and boring attempt of an open world rpg - I really recommend to try it. Especially since its on Gamepass.
You might just end up and surprised as I am.
Odyssey with all DLC's is waiting in the queue.
Might just give it a go.
Let me know if it's anything like Odessey once you play it though.

Because i have Odessey and i fucking hate that game and if origins anything like it, Ill stay fucking clear
:LOL:
Fair enough! :LOL:
But you might be waiting a while.
I dont know how long Origins is.
Lads in here who played both can possibly give you a quicker answer.
What was wrong with Odyssey?

:LOL:
Fair enough! :LOL:
But you might be waiting a while.
I dont know how long Origins is.
Lads in here who played both can possibly give you a quicker answer.
What was wrong with Odyssey?
I'm having issues with movement/fighting etc, feels looks super light.
A gazillion markers on the map with missions/side missions stressing me the fuck out.
Every character with broken English sounding like they're selling ice cream on the beach.
Not my thing I guess ,might be a great game not for me though

I'm having issues with movement/fighting etc, feels looks super light.
A gazillion markers on the map with missions/side missions stressing me the fuck out.
Every character with broken English sounding like they're selling ice cream on the beach.
Not my thing I guess ,might be a great game not for me though

Fighting was very weird and did feel light at the start, but once I unlocked a lot of moves its so damn satisfying.
Feel like witcher dancing and slicing, taking enemy weapons and throwing them at the next guy.
Markers on the map are there, that wont change.
I was severely annoyed with the amount of stuff on the screen, with enemy health bars and levels and all that junk, but once I switched HUD to minimal it feels awesome.
Broken english is there, but I find it funny. There were moments where I laughed at their phrases.
But yeah - sounds like the same type of game. Stay clear. :LOL:

Fighting was very weird and did feel light at the start, but once I unlocked a lot of moves its so damn satisfying.
Feel like witcher dancing and slicing, taking enemy weapons and throwing them at the next guy.
Markers on the map are there, that wont change.
I was severely annoyed with the amount of stuff on the screen, with enemy health bars and levels and all that junk, but once I switched HUD to minimal it feels awesome.
Broken english is there, but I find it funny. There were moments where I laughed at their phrases.
But yeah - sounds like the same type of game. Stay clear. :LOL:
Reading up on AC gam s from their fanbase a lot says AC Odessey is fucking crap, not a real AC while some say it took a change for the better.
Could be a time period thing as well for me

Reading up on AC gam s from their fanbase a lot says AC Odessey is fucking crap, not a real AC while some say it took a change for the better.
Could be a time period thing as well for me
Yeah they defo changed since Origins.
I like both styles.
I liked the old fighting mechanics from part 1, but Im also big fan of open world rpgs if the story is decent enough to keep me going.
Never cared much about the assassins lore and I wouldnt mind if they got rid of the whole modern world part altogether.
I just take them a single standalone adventure in certain time period.

Yeah they defo changed since Origins.
I like both styles.
I liked the old fighting mechanics from part 1, but Im also big fan of open world rpgs if the story is decent enough to keep me going.
Never cared much about the assassins lore and I wouldnt mind if they got rid of the whole modern world part altogether.
I just take them a single standalone adventure in certain time period.
Might try Origins anyway, riktigt ght now I'm waiting for Fenyx rising, looks like a game I might be in to

A bunch of AC games have entered the PS Plus Extra tier, a few there I have been somewhat curious to check out. Then there is Valhalla, of course. But now that I have Forbidden West I don't think I want to be mixing other open world stuff in. Another game I have been checking out through Plus : Rollerdrome. Only has an hour long trial, but is quite promising.

Last edited:
What puts Origins above Odyssey and Valhalla is the location / setting (Egypt / Pyramids / Desert / Oasis, etc.). Although that also means the naval battles have to take place in either flashbacks or specific settings. I forced myself to finish Valhalla just to get it over with. The game really "drags" that badly, ugh. Never again.

And to be honest, I never enjoyed this new direction the series took with the introduction of all these RPG elements. Game (as a series) felt much better before all this. IMO the only AC games that were somehow worth it was the Ezio trilogy, and Black Flag... but remembering that Black Flag was conceptualized almost by accident, as the naval battles in AC III (just another crappy game in the series) were the only thing "salvageable". And then Ubisoft (who obviously only care about making a profit before making good games) not only created a spinoff, but this whole new "skulls and bones" online BS.

To stay on topic, I recently played this NBA Jam Tournament Edition on MAME, but with a modified (hacked) ROM to include both Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal on it. I'll post more details in the retrogaming threat sooner rather than later ; )

Last edited:
What puts Origins above Odyssey and Valhalla is the location / setting (Egypt / Pyramids / Desert / Oasis, etc.). Although that also means the naval battles have to take place in either flashbacks or specific settings. I forced myself to finish Valhalla just to get it over it. The game really "drags" that badly, ugh. Never again.

And to be honest, I never enjoyed this new direction the series took with the introduction of all these RPG elements. Game (as a series) felt much better before all this. IMO the only AC games that were somehow worth it was the Ezio trilogy, and Black Flag... but remembering that Black Flag was conceptualized almost by accident, as the naval battles in AC III (just another crappy game in the series) were the only thing "salvageable". And then Ubisoft (who obviously only care about making a profit before making good games) not only created a spinoff, but this whole new "skulls and bones" online BS.

To stay on topic, I recently played this NBA Jam Tournament Edition on MAME, but with a modified (hacked) ROM to include both Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal on it. I'll post more details in the retrogaming threat sooner rather than later ; )
Great to hear buddy, might actually get in to Origins.
Thanks!

What puts Origins above Odyssey and Valhalla is the location / setting (Egypt / Pyramids / Desert / Oasis, etc.). Although that also means the naval battles have to take place in either flashbacks or specific settings. I forced myself to finish Valhalla just to get it over it. The game really "drags" that badly, ugh. Never again
But that is entirely personal perception.
I was never into ancient Egypt, but I absolutely love greek mythology.
Therefore Im very surprised Origins can keep me hooked like this and really looking forward to Odyssey.
I did hear that Valhalla went a bit overboard with tedious progression mechanics. That sidequests werent that interesting and taking over territories was the main (and very tedious) driver.
A lot of people say they finished Valhalla only to finish it.
Odyssey and Origins were able to keep things interesting.

Escape academy in game pass with my (smart) daughter.
Great couch co op.
Think it's better/more fun as a co op than single player,

Escape academy in game pass with my (smart) daughter.
Great couch co op.
Think it's better/more fun as a co op than single player,
Played that online with a friend when it got released, the persisting split-screen even in that non-couch-coop-situation literally drove me insane. I was looking at my friend's part of the screen way too often (for really no explainable reason at all), wondering why his movement didn't match my input. I even plugged out my controller's batteries one time because I thought my controller was bugged, which I'm not embarrassed to tell, at all :D

Played that online with a friend when it got released, the persisting split-screen even in that non-couch-coop-situation literally drove me insane. I was looking at my friend's part of the screen way too often (for really no explainable reason at all), wondering why his movement didn't match my input. I even plugged out my controller's batteries one time because I thought my controller was bugged, which I'm not embarrassed to tell, at all :D
Ha ha ha, yeah the split screen is tough.
Took me some getting used to and I looked at the wrong one a lot:)

Reactions: Tom
So me and my daughter has played 4 levels of Escape academy so far, she's so good at this, really carrying me.
I'm like a chimp with a controller, pretty much making noises and throwing shit around.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
Bought Mafia yesterday, pretty much the first time that game really dropped in price since release, thought about getting the trilogy for€25 but since I already have Mafia 2 on 360 back comp and mafia 3 only got the first one.

Didn't play this back when it came out so I have no reminiscing eyes to it, just enjoying it a lot.
Just the type of game i needed

Cooking Simulator

I tried a meal, miss some tools in the kitchen and after this put a gas bottle in fryer with two knifes...

... I was alive. Absolutley not realistic. Uninstalled!

🙃

Back
Top Bottom