[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Got Anno 1800 and all DLCs on sale a few days ago. This must be the most addictive game ever made alongside Football Manager. Started playing 11pm yesterday and after 1 hour it was 6am. Absolutely shocking stuff.
It is pretty awesome. I should start a new run. I only have vanilla. Any dlc you recommend that improves or adds a lot of content gameplay?

Got Anno 1800 and all DLCs on sale a few days ago. This must be the most addictive game ever made alongside Football Manager. Started playing 11pm yesterday and after 1 hour it was 6am. Absolutely shocking stuff.
And after two real hours the speaker tell to you; "two hours now, time for a coffee break." 😁

Like you can see, I have Anno 1800 with season pass 1 to 3 too.

But the later the game the even more difficult it will be to manage everything. Sometimes it is hard work. And I was fail every time when I was playing it.

Today I had a tough expirience in CKIII.

I played some serious years at a viking like I posted a page back. And suddenly one of my allied viking was dead. I ignored it and didn't know if I had some thing to do.
And few years a 25 years old viking from sweden invaded my beautifull denmark, arrested my 16 years old son and made me a surrender offer.
I didn't agreed it and challagend him to a duel that I won with my proud axe and killed him.

Now I don't know how I can make more progress... :LMAO:

But holly fack, the game have so many damn svastikas. I know it is the viking history and not the god damn german history they misuse it.

It is pretty awesome. I should start a new run. I only have vanilla. Any dlc you recommend that improves or adds a lot of content gameplay?
I had trouble finding good answers to that also. So I got all of them. 😀

And after two real hours the speaker tell to you; "two hours now, time for a coffee break." 😁

Like you can see, I have Anno 1800 with season pass 1 to 3 too.

But the later the game the even more difficult it will be to manage everything. Sometimes it is hard work. And I was fail every time when I was playing it.
I have thousands of hours on Anno 1400 and I'm quite old and experienced. Yes it can become complex later in the game. You need to have a rhythm in micromanaging and upgrading. It's not easy and this is why many avoid this kind of games.

And what's your opinion about NBA 2k13 ?
I really liked 2k10 all the way to 2k14, played every single one of them. :) I remember that in 2013, I played with my Chicago Bulls with Derrick Rose, traded away Carlos Boozer for Josh Smith, and got to the finals! Played an entire 82-game season. To me, 2k10-2k14 are the Golden Years of the 2K franchise, every one of those games is really well done, for some reason their gameplay, as well as the generation of players, still stands out as my favorite in the entire series! :TU:

@rockstrongo Have you tried 2k14? To me it's the best basketball game of all time! :)
On console, top three game absolutely.
looks and plays amazing, hard when your used to 2k15 and onwards controls.
plus since servers are dead its hard getting rosters and draft classes.
on PC, id say its ok (last gen on pc ps3/360 graphics)
plus it wasnt up until 2k16 when they implemented player lock (you only control one player if you want to) before 16 they had position lock.
But yes amazing game, still looks and plays great.
i have 16 and 17 over it though, lots of great features implemented in those games

One of the main reasons why I love NBA 2k14 on PC is this: https://evoweb.uk/threads/nba-2k-general-thread.79377/page-7#post-3939249 :)
(I've never really minded the graphics update hehe)

The Ultimate Base Roster is definitely the most complete Mod for 2K. It includes ALL the rosters from the 1950's to the present day, ALL teams plus many other additions. I'm a huge fan of 1990's bbal, so this was a dream come true. It's a little big in terms of file size, but definitely worth it! :TU:

One of the main reasons why I love NBA 2k14 on PC is this: https://evoweb.uk/threads/nba-2k-general-thread.79377/page-7#post-3939249 :)
(I've never really minded the graphics update hehe)

The Ultimate Base Roster is definitely the most complete Mod for 2K. It includes ALL the rosters from the 1950's to the present day, ALL teams plus many other additions. I'm a huge fan of 1990's bbal, so this was a dream come true. It's a little big in terms of file size, but definitely worth it! :TU:
Totally get that.
what mode do you play?
they still have the association on 2k14 pc right? (not myleague/mygm)
One thing that is hard to get on older games like 17 is draft classes, i had to create them myself, took days...
Still worth it for me.
I acctually have 14 on pc (somewhere) might give it a go, problem is im 6 seasons in on my myleague for 2k17, doing a myleague but with a mycareer twist, only controlling myself.
great fun, got drafted by the Hornets and now on my 2nd season after signing a big contract with the Jazz after my 4 years with Hornets.
I have to control the draft manually so all players get to their right teams, almost enjoy the fiddling and wheeling and dealing more than playing it.

Right now I am playing Association mode, with the Shawn Kemp Sonics team from the "all-90's roster" included in the Ultimate Base Roster Patch! Usually what I do is I just play 1 season (the reason why I like Association is because of team chemistry and team roles), and then start another season with a different team, perhaps in a different era. I've never played more than one season in any 2K game, so I wouldn't really know how the draft classes for rookies work, I think they auto-generate them.. I can imagine that creating them from scratch would take forever!!

I've also tried MyCareer a few times, might give it a go once again that I have the classic rosters. :)

Right now I am playing Association mode, with the Shawn Kemp Sonics team from the "all-90's roster" included in the Ultimate Base Roster Patch! Usually what I do is I just play 1 season (the reason why I like Association is because of team chemistry and team roles), and then start another season with a different team, perhaps in a different era. I've never played more than one season in any 2K game, so I wouldn't really know how the draft classes for rookies work, I think they auto-generate them.. I can imagine that creating them from scratch would take forever!!

I've also tried MyCareer a few times, might give it a go once again that I have the classic rosters. :)
Usually when a game is alive (like 2k21-2k23) people create real draft classes and puts them up on 2k share for you to download, but once the game is offline and you havent downloaded them, youre on your own.
when i play my myleague i controll all teams, but all other 29 teams i dont play as is set to run them self (auto) but if my player gets traded or if i want to switch team you can, which is a great feature, so thats why its fun to play a long career, make one team good or great then move on to the worst team in the league and start over

I played FS22 and quick round on SPA Francorchamps with ACC and the beauty Ferrari 296. I'm not that e-sports driver like some others and don't have such an skill. :FAIL::THINK::(

Usually when a game is alive (like 2k21-2k23) people create real draft classes and puts them up on 2k share for you to download, but once the game is offline and you havent downloaded them, youre on your own.
when i play my myleague i controll all teams, but all other 29 teams i dont play as is set to run them self (auto) but if my player gets traded or if i want to switch team you can, which is a great feature, so thats why its fun to play a long career, make one team good or great then move on to the worst team in the league and start over
Regarding NBA2k there's a leak/rumour that 2k24 will still be old gen on PC. Absolute disgrace from 2k. I have bought all the iterations since the 1st one, switched to PC with 2k9, me and thousands others have supported this game on PC for 14 years, certain mods contributed to more sales for 2k. And this is what we get back, a middle finger by 2k. What a farce.
Right now I'm seriously thinking boycotting and not buying a single game from this company. I'm waiting to see their official excuse for not upgrading the PC version. Sorry for the rant but this is a joke and I feel stupid paying all this money since early 2000 to be treated like this.
I really wish all console users would stand by the PC ones and boycott 2k24.
P.S. I have a console also.

Regarding NBA2k there's a leak/rumour that 2k24 will still be old gen on PC. Absolute disgrace from 2k. I have bought all the iterations since the 1st one, switched to PC with 2k9, me and thousands others have supported this game on PC for 14 years, certain mods contributed to more sales for 2k. And this is what we get back, a middle finger by 2k. What a farce.
Right now I'm seriously thinking boycotting and not buying a single game from this company. I'm waiting to see their official excuse for not upgrading the PC version. Sorry for the rant but this is a joke and I feel stupid paying all this money since early 2000 to be treated like this.
I really wish all console users would stand by the PC ones and boycott 2k24.
P.S. I have a console also.
2k23 is my first non buy since 2k11, not buying 24 either, not because theyre bad but older games are still so good so theres no need.
and yes not upgrading it to current gen is a big mistake, guess they have no regards for pc players

Been really enjyoing "Unruly Heroes", based on "Journey to the West" a Chinese folk tale and possibly Asia' mosts famous novel (written in the 16th Century), based on the adventures of the Monkey King Wukong and his three friends who are on a quest for knowledge and legendary scrolls. :) The game is on discount on Steam, and it features Donkey Kong-esque type of gameplay, a retro platformer in a way but at the same time with more modern graphics, beautifully rendered. I love these kind of platformer sidescrollers, and, as a huge fan of Asian Mythology and the Wukong story, this was a must-buy for me. Action packed and really fun. :)

I'm still doing some gauntlets in Sekiro (damn you lady butterfly), but took some time to get back into Diablo 4.
I enjoy Diablo 4, looks amazing, but for some reason I'm not really "hooked" on it. Dont know why that is. Dont know if its the loot or if I started with a Barbarian and I feel my skills are just meh. I think Im halfway in the campaign and doing it mostly to see if endgame gets a bit more addictive (I am actually one who really enjoyed Diablo 3 and spent a lot of time doing each of the different classes to a lvl 70).

For now I found some cheap prices and bought (to see if they scratch that loot fix):
TC Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Borderlands 3
Wolcen (this has terrible reviews but meh it was cheap and a friend recommended it for casual play)

Couldn't help it and got Jagged Alliance 3 adding it to the list of every turn based game I have played for 30 years now. I was forced already to restart 2 times the "tutorial" as I haven't played JA2 (and especially 1.13) for ages. Need to get used again to this formula.
The game is selling well which is rather a surprise for me. I guess most sales are coming from 40+yrs old gamers because I can't see most of the new generation of gamers having the patience to play this one.

HLL
First I was on a german server and it was like YES SIR YES my lord. Later I was on a (I think) UK server and everybody was so relaxed. That was nice!

SP Football Life

what a pleasant ride back in time it was. The modded gameplay and the face packs really work well and revive some of that PES atmosphere for me!
I will surely get back for some more matches…

thx @hitmanuk for your support! 💪

Back
Top Bottom