[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Super Mario 3D World with my daughter

Super Mario Bros Deluxe almost made it to the last world but my Gyro in the controller is not working and we cant progress without it.

Made it past Bowser only to find out there are more worlds. so back to grinding Stars, finished 3/4 worlds only to find out we need all stars/stamps to get to the final one. Daughter is waking me up early on the weekends/telling me after school/ while I shower/ while I eat/ brush/work / while i drive if we can please grind for them. Quality time with a lot of yelling.

Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Super Mario 3D World with my daughter

Super Mario Bros Deluxe almost made it to the last world but my Gyro in the controller is not working and we cant progress without it.

Made it past Bowser only to find out there are more worlds. so back to grinding Stars, finished 3/4 worlds only to find out we need all stars/stamps to get to the final one. Daughter is waking me up early on the weekends/telling me after school/ while I shower/ while I eat/ brush/work / while i drive if we can please grind for them. Quality time with a lot of yelling.
You are a kindfull dad spend time with your daughter.:APPLAUD:

Some german dad's would send your daughter at winter in a rainy night to the next store to buy him a sixpack beer after they breathe cigarette smoke in her face. :LMAO:

I was playing Fifa 23 PC with the EEP and some mods out there. But hell! How many bugs will you made for the Carreer mode €A? Yes!

I did it... I.finally.did.it.

I had been craving for a game with good combat (preferably beefy sword combat). Tried in the past 6 months: Nioh 2, WoLong, FF7R, CodeVein, Godfall, DMC5, MHRise, Astral Chain, Tales of Arise, God Eater 3, Wild Hearts and a few others. There are some good ones there for sure (esp Nioh 2). I didn't want to try Sekiro because of the difficulty and because Soulslike havent really clicked with me (ex: Elden Ring).

I was looking for a Sekiro game which wasnt Sekiro... But a few weeks ago I said what the hell and gave it a try....

And I did it... I just beat (with a sliver of health) Isshin the f*cking Sword Saint. Yes I'm still shaking and my armpits are more moist than the atlantic ocean... but man what a ride. I loved every single moment (well, not actually and my controller and neighbors for sure didn't either). Never had a game made me fist bump so much. My common loop:

This is hard-> this is my wall, time to give up-> this game is bullsh*t-> oh I know what his next move is-> I might be able to do this-> I can do this->Deathblow.

So I did it. never thought I would. I had it for PC to run in prob 4K 60fps but I did it in my XBox just for the quick resume at probably 720p; 29fps.

I did it. But I don't know where to go next as I don't know what can match Sekiro's combat....

I did it... I.finally.did.it.

I had been craving for a game with good combat (preferably beefy sword combat). Tried in the past 6 months: Nioh 2, WoLong, FF7R, CodeVein, Godfall, DMC5, MHRise, Astral Chain, Tales of Arise, God Eater 3, Wild Hearts and a few others. There are some good ones there for sure (esp Nioh 2). I didn't want to try Sekiro because of the difficulty and because Soulslike havent really clicked with me (ex: Elden Ring).

I was looking for a Sekiro game which wasnt Sekiro... But a few weeks ago I said what the hell and gave it a try....

And I did it... I just beat (with a sliver of health) Isshin the f*cking Sword Saint. Yes I'm still shaking and my armpits are more moist than the atlantic ocean... but man what a ride. I loved every single moment (well, not actually and my controller and neighbors for sure didn't either). Never had a game made me fist bump so much. My common loop:

This is hard-> this is my wall, time to give up-> this game is bullsh*t-> oh I know what his next move is-> I might be able to do this-> I can do this->Deathblow.

So I did it. never thought I would. I had it for PC to run in prob 4K 60fps but I did it in my XBox just for the quick resume at probably 720p; 29fps.

I did it. But I don't know where to go next as I don't know what can match Sekiro's combat....
Ghost of Tsushima maybe ? For me that was a fantastic game.

Reactions: Tom
Been playing good few games lately, but one deserving a shout and a big recommendation would be "Deliver Us The Moon". Its on PS Extra now.

Very short indie space adventure game.
Started yesterday, finished today.
Very, very immersive, fantastic story, beautiful music. Highly recommend.

Gonna buy their sequel - "Deliver Us Mars".

I playing DI 2 and Fifa23 on PC.

I playing an Arsenal CM with some mods for example Anth James gameplay mod and EEP.
For Dead Island 2 I need a break after lost my savegame to start the campaign from the begining again.

I playing DI 2 and Fifa23 on PC.

I playing an Arsenal CM with some mods for example Anth James gameplay mod and EEP.
For Dead Island 2 I need a break after lost my savegame to start the campaign from the begining again.
Is DI 2 any good ? Wanted to buy it on PS5 but don’t know if it’s worth 80€.

Since March, I've been enjoying playing WWE 2k23 (best wrestling game I've played since SvR) and the Resident Evil 4 remake. Now I patiently await for Street Fighter 6 release which is just right around the corner. Prior to March, it was FM 23 (with mods), PES 21 (with mods) and few other simulation titles like Rimworld. I might check out Dead Island 2 when it's on sale.

Been playing good few games lately, but one deserving a shout and a big recommendation would be "Deliver Us The Moon". Its on PS Extra now.

I finished Deliver Us the Moon last summer and bought DUM when it was out. It's still a bit rough around the edges but enjoyable, just haven't picked it up again after Hitman Freelancer devoured my gaming life.

I've been playing Zelda OoT, for the first time in my life via the 3DS remake on an emulator.

I know this game is considered a masterpiece and a pinnacle of gaming history from the 5th generation but I never grew up playing it so I don't have that nostalgia or sentimental attachment towards it the same way I do MGS1 or FFVII.

However, playing for the first time I feel like a kid playing this. The music, the charm, the lack of dialog and narrative and simply leaving you to it traversing through this world and using your intuition to solve puzzles and progress. It's so tight and well-contained. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the bloated open-world collectathons and icon-cluttered maps of today.

@Marlon Anthony Completely agree! Ocarina of Time remains to this day, my favorite Zelda. (with Link to the Past being a close second) Something about it is very unpretentious and fun. The whole spirit behind it seems to be to create a straightforward game with tons of charm, with fun factor being the main thrust.. It's not trying to be epic. It speaks for itself!

Just like PES 6. :TU:

I finished Deliver Us the Moon last summer and bought DUM when it was out. It's still a bit rough around the edges but enjoyable, just haven't picked it up again after Hitman Freelancer devoured my gaming life.
I bought Deliver Us Mars, but havent started it yet.
I have my annual space games itch now, so Im playing a lot of them now.
Continued my No Mans Sky save, grinding Elite Dangerous, started Mass Effect Legendary Edition and also have to finish Outer Wilds (which is another one on PS Plus I highly recommend. Absolute gem of a game)

I couldn't resist and got Miasma Chronicles. Brilliant game, puts to shame all recent AAA releases.

I couldn't resist and got Miasma Chronicles. Brilliant game, puts to shame all recent AAA releases.
Looks great but all of these types of games need co-op or I just won't be able to play them, I don't have time to play games alone any more (if I get gaming time, it's either playing with the girlfriend or playing with mates - either that or I'm very lucky and get to play a classic football game).

Frustrates me so much every time I see a game like this that's the perfect candidate for co-op play but they just haven't bothered to implement it (I know it's to keep development costs down but still, so frustrating that I won't get to experience it).

Looks great but all of these types of games need co-op or I just won't be able to play them, I don't have time to play games alone any more (if I get gaming time, it's either playing with the girlfriend or playing with mates - either that or I'm very lucky and get to play a classic football game).

Frustrates me so much every time I see a game like this that's the perfect candidate for co-op play but they just haven't bothered to implement it (I know it's to keep development costs down but still, so frustrating that I won't get to experience it).
I guess you mean local co-op? For this specific one local co-op can be implemented in 2 days max. It's just simple coding for the devs. Online co-op needs more effort for sure.
Bear in mind I'm a huge fan of TBS games. I've played almost all of them in the history of videogaming.

Sorry for posting again. Regarding Miasma Chronicles there are people on Steam complaining about the absence of quicksaves and also the devs choice mechanic that skills cooldown don't reset after combat. This is exactly the problem with modern gaming. This current generation of gamers want everything to be easy. They don't even think this gameplay mechanism adds to the replaybility of the game and it makes it more tactical. Devs also implemented an option to refund skill points whenever you want and choose other skills.

I've been playing Zelda OoT, for the first time in my life via the 3DS remake on an emulator.

I know this game is considered a masterpiece and a pinnacle of gaming history from the 5th generation but I never grew up playing it so I don't have that nostalgia or sentimental attachment towards it the same way I do MGS1 or FFVII.

However, playing for the first time I feel like a kid playing this. The music, the charm, the lack of dialog and narrative and simply leaving you to it traversing through this world and using your intuition to solve puzzles and progress. It's so tight and well-contained. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the bloated open-world collectathons and icon-cluttered maps of today.
That is one of my biggest peeves with modern games, bloody maps and icons everywhere, completely breaking any immersion.

Anyone currently playing Diablo 4?
Looking for some impressions for someone who enjoyed D3. Ill be getting it for sure just not sure if now or to wait for a discount

Anyone currently playing Diablo 4?
Looking for some impressions for someone who enjoyed D3. Ill be getting it for sure just not sure if now or to wait for a discount
Ι am really curious too. This game for me, Diablo 4, is like it came out of nowhere. I don't know if i was visiting the wrong websites/news , or it was promoted only in the shadows, but i only heard about its release very recently.

Also i am curious if there are people that did enjoy Diablo 3? As someone that used to belong to a group of people, waiting for D3 since 2001, the D3 release was maybe the biggest disappointment in my gaming history, given the godly status of Diablo 2.

From close circle of my 10 friends that used to love Diablo, i know only one that did enjoy Diablo 3, and not as much as 2 and 1+Hellfire.

So i am really curious about D4.

Played 30 minutes of Amnesia: The Bunker last night of which 20 minutes consisted of cowering in a closet and 10 minutes of checking my pants for poop.
You have me intrigued. I am downloading. :TU:

From the trailer it reminded me a little of "The Blair witch" game, in as graphically it captures that eerie mood.

What chuckled me though was, your description..Perfectly sums up the tension you feel playing these games. I think the last game that did this to me was Alien Isolation.

You have me intrigued. I am downloading. :TU:

From the trailer it reminded me a little of "The Blair witch" game, in as graphically it captures that eerie mood.

What chuckled me though was, your description..Perfectly sums up the tension you feel playing these games. I think the last game that did this to me was Alien Isolation.
You'll adore this if you're a fan of Alien Isolation, it's probably the next best thing released after AI to resemble its mechanics of how the monster acts and works. Frictional Games surely know how to nail atmosphere and immersion. Thankfully, it's also way shorter than AI. Can't say no to a poop snack to drag me away from Zelda :D

Well, thanks for the recommendation, I picked this up on PS5 this week and it's been a long time since a game gave me the feeling of seeing how much further I can get & what else can I learn about this mystery. It's perfectly paced, with no loading screens, no micromanagement of stats or skills, or inventory to stress yourself over... Just a wonderfully simple yet artistically immersive experience.

I know what you mean about the music, it's so effectively used. It's a blend of haunting, desolate isolation and the beauty of simply being where you are, experiencing outer space's tranquility. It's humbling as it would be venturing into space.

My favorite part is
after all that grafting to finally get the vehicle bay up and running and being in that base for such a long time, only able to view the moon from the seclusion of the windows and at long last those doors open and leave the bay in your buggy...

This is it... we're finally roaming the moon, the bright light of its surface contrasts the dim corridors of the base, the way the music captures the magnificence of being in literally another romanticized world where no man really has business being yet dreamed of touching.
It's been ever such a long time since a game gave me quite an incredible feeling.

Back
Top Bottom