Messi is not renewing his Barcelona contract

Maybe not run, but with heavy connections. And where the money is - decisions are altered.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/theconv...l-and-left-fans-with-a-crisis-of-faith-118136

That's about the only case you can find about mafia and Serie A, sounds a bit of a, uhm, "stretch" to use that to infer that "half Serie A teams are run buy mafia", no? Do you know that Agnelli was also cleared from direct collusion accusations in the legal process? I'm afraid the article doesn't say it.

There are mafia and other organized crime infiltrations in the Ultras and sometimes in cases of single players and illegal bets- yes, for sure. Where there is to earn and enough space to move, there tragically goes mafia. But ownerships are under heavy, and I mean heavy lens in this side of the things, no way Tony Soprano buys Sassuolo tomorrow, lol.

Maybe not run, but with heavy connections. And where the money is - decisions are altered.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/theconv...l-and-left-fans-with-a-crisis-of-faith-118136
Ultras Vs a country based on slaves building their infrastructure for it's WC, while dying.
A country with no human rights?
A country that has forbidden homosexuality.
A dictatorship who has the capital punishment for same sex intercourse , blasphemy etc.
That's who's filling Leo's pockets.
Yeah that's exactly the same thing...

Last edited:
Mate, italian football is as dirty as the rest but that's a lie. There literally isn't a single team "run by mafia" in Serie A (or any other division that I'm aware of).
Serie A as we both know are under a very big microscope.
Well run league nowadays

It's not like football is "mafia" and "nothing elsewhere". There's criminal organisations everywhere, in every country...
An the most visible your team is, the less a criminal organisation will jump on the train.
You need to see on lower division if you want to see veritable corruption. The more discret the team is, the more a criminal organisation (name it Mafia, or group, or whatever) will focus on. Perhaps the Serie A is the more under focus about corruption by UEFA, since the Calciopoli who was in reality a total mascarade to keep things hidden.

Yes there's probably some players involved, often by force, on Serie D or C, perhaps some in B but on a low ranked club with no name, by Mafia. Same with Ligue 2 or Under in french (as Ligue 2 is pretty "amateurish and discret in comparison to Serie B) or the equal of third division in England, Germany....

But in reality, the interest for group organisation will not be focused on the country, but on the others small leagues from others countries people got no idea they're related with.

Serie A as we both know are under a very big microscope.
Well run league nowadays

Well mate I wouldn't go that far :LOL: , as I said above we aren't different from a lot of other countries.. clubs still do financial tricks to make ends meet, debt of some teams is still enormous and so on. That's international football as a whole in this regard and if I could I'd level it all and start it again from a true human and sportive dimension. But of course I can't and sincerely until my team will be in it will also be almost impossible for me to get off from the train.

The microscope thing is more in regards on the mafia topic. As Vialli correctly explained above Serie A is to exposed and controlled for them to truly infiltrate in a meaningful way.

Well mate I wouldn't go that far :LOL: , as I said above we aren't different from a lot of other countries.. clubs still do financial tricks to make ends meet, debt of some teams is still enormous and so on. That's international football as a whole in this regard and if I could I'd level it all and start it again from a true human and sportive dimension. But of course I can't and sincerely until my team will be in it will also be almost impossible for me to get off from the train.

The microscope thing is more in regards on the mafia topic. As Vialli correctly explained above Serie A is to exposed and controlled for them to truly infiltrate in a meaningful way.
Organised crime always focus on ,like Vialli explained ,lower league.
That's why you see a rise in bets all of a sudden in a Div 4 game in Finland etc.

Press is also directed by some organisations, not directly "criminal". By money, they gives (a journalist who said something he couldn't killed is too suspicious). So you can relativise some article posted from X website or paper. Some are even too obvious, when they focus on one an only thing/not mentionning everything, they want you to focus on what they've been asked to, etc.
It's not complotism, it's manipulation. Manipulation can be positive too, it's not a bad word, but on some paper case... Sometimes it's just a matter of ideology or political direction/choice the paper got.

The finger and the moon thing you know... Well we can go far with all of that.
Edit: i believe that big leagues we watch are exactly what we see, there's nothing. And there's enough money, enough confrontation of "big forces" for having corruptions.
You want to see money, exchange, deals etc? Just take a look at the market transfers, that's all, and everything is legit, everything is under control.
It's rarety, and everything is completely normal for us, in our head. We grown with that system, in that system. And it's hard to found "flaws". Even if the system is made for bigs to stay or being bigger, with foreign transfers without limits etc. (3 in China, but i wonder how long they will stay like this)

I would'n say it's good or bad, it's just like that. It's human, it's conquers and war games, but under sport, better than the real thing.

Last edited:
A country with no human rights?
A country that has forbidden homosexuality.
A dictatorship who has the capital punishment for same sex intercourse , blasphemy etc.
Think of it this way, all that Money that is filling Leo's pockets, would have gone to build another stadiums and kill hundreds of more slaves. So he's doing a 'good' thing...

PSG is cursed anyways, mark my words, even with that front 3, they will still bottle the UCL these next few years. So all that money will end up in a good man's pocket, rather than being used in the things you listed.

Think of it this way, all that Money that is filling Leo's pockets, would have gone to build another stadiums and kill hundreds of more slaves. So he's doing a 'good' thing...
Ha ha ha that's a good take on it:)
Or does he generate more money so they can kill even more?
The egg and hen dilemma.

Yeah hope they bottle it big time.

Read alot of posts in this thread, a lot of uninformed opinions on the first 2 pages, by now I suppose people know better.
And about the "he is rich enough, he could have played for free" and "he didn't extend because of money"
In Spain , on a new contract you can not reduce your wage by more than 50% from the previous contract, to prevent manipulation or some thing.

It is a huge loss for Barcelona but I suppose there are quite some things to be excited about for the new season and the future anyways, in recent months La Masia has started pumping a huge number of talents to look out for again, so a new generation of really good talents so far.

For me, I hate PSG, so In a way I hope Messi can score 500 goals a season there , but PSG still lose the title and get knocked out of the champions league.

I don't understand what's there not to like but hey
I see, I'm alone with this.

Here in my country it is annyoing from all the newssite's or other public things. Everybody here in my country mean Messi is the holly priest and Ronaldo is evil.
The typical black and white colloring by the most one's, if yea or if ney, nothing between these.

And yea, with his 700M € since Messi signed his contract by Barca to last season. It sadly excist so much hunger around the world and so many kids can't go to school, or the climate change. For my opinion it would be enough for a football player to have not more then 100K € in a year.

Sorry for a little bit OT.

That's about the only case you can find about mafia and Serie A, sounds a bit of a, uhm, "stretch" to use that to infer that "half Serie A teams are run buy mafia", no?
Thats literally the first result i clicked on google. And its really irrelevant.
The point I was trying to make is - you wont find a huge money without shady business. Whether its PSG, Man City, or any other club.
Jumping on a bloke like he was "supporting killing of slaves", coz he signed the contract for 2 years - now thats a bit of a stretch.
I dont like PSG. I think its a crap team with no soul. Same as I dont like Man City. But I understand his decision and dont think he should be condemned for it.

Why so many people are talking about Messi, today is Dzeko Day :WHISTLE: At least for Gazzetta dello Sport... That is today's football, PSG and Premier League make the big money moves while others need to save every cent or even lose their key players.

In Fifa they will be the undisputed favorite team of all the young kids that spend their pocket money on Ultimate Team, and probably win another championship in France (no need for Messi, Donnarumma etc for that) but in real life I don't think they will be unbeatable like the hype tries to make people believe. Hard to imagine they will all work that hard for the team, also in defense against stronger opponents, and put their egos aside, a tough job for their manager. If Icardi will be on the bench too much Wanda will definitely not be silent and cause drama.
Plus even with such a good team of course there are still some teams that can beat them, simply because they are very good, too. I am obviously not talking about Inter, expectations for the new season are extremely low after the frustrating last months, but that is another topic.

Thats literally the first result i clicked on google. And its really irrelevant.
The point I was trying to make is - you wont find a huge money without shady business. Whether its PSG, Man City, or any other club.
Jumping on a bloke like he was "supporting killing of slaves", coz he signed the contract for 2 years - now thats a bit of a stretch.
I dont like PSG. I think its a crap team with no soul. Same as I dont like Man City. But I understand his decision and dont think he should be condemned for it.

I get it, for you it's irrelevant, but words are important. I expect Chelsea fans to question my words if they read me saying Abramovich wash dirty russian rubles with their team (used to be a "real" urban legend) just to make the point global capitalism do bad stuff that translates in football. It's definitely not the same. It may be the first result you found on google, if by any chance it means you'll find a million more if you'd care to dig deeper, I assure you you wouldn't find stuff contraddicting what I (or Vialli) told you above.

For the rest I don't even generally disagree with your second point, I think I've also made it clear above, high level modern pro football is rotten to the core. The specific discussion you guys are making is interesting but would require too many words too tackle properly and frankly I come here to relax and share more or less pacific thoughts on football games or the sport itself- reason why I also engage less and less in heated debates even about trivial stuff like Pes or Fifa, let alone morality topics of this magnitude. Maybe some other day.

That said I don't want to drag it forever, even cause I said all I had to said on the topic :) , I know you as a reasonable guy, to me we can close it here.

I apologise if you felt offended, pal. You, or anyone else. Was not my intention.

Nah man don't worry, wasn't offended, I know you were arguing in good faith or else I would probably have dropped it way before or not even responded to you.

i hope they don't.

The scenario which i hope will happen is final of Barcelona vs PSG and Barcelona wins it.

or scenario 2: PSG vs Juventus and Juve wins it.

or scenario 3: PSG vs Man City and City wins it.

or scenario 4: PSG vs Real Madrid and Real wins it.

I hope they don't either. Ideally, none of those teams win it. As Super League backers and/or billionaire projects, they can all - in the nicest possible way - go fuck themselves in a painful way. Maybe with a cactus.

At least Real, Barca and Juve are proper big clubs that have grown in stature over decades. My beloved Aberdeen has more European honours than Man City and PSG. We're away to play an Icelandic team in the Conference League tonight.

I'd stop myself here as this is a very tired rant. Please, football, collapse soon.

You are forgetting about Chelsea and Abramovich, they are also backed by Russia technically, but to a lesser extent, but Abramovich alone is a billionaire

Totally. I was only picking on those five because they'd been mentioned. Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool - they can all get to fuck too. Anything that's operated as a brand and not a football club. No disrespect to their fans and well-meaning people at those clubs, it's just I value sporting merit.

My take on it is this...

I think there were only ever two possible places he'd end up, PSG or Man City. WIth Man City having just bought Grealish and potentially buying Kane there was little chance he'd now go there unlike last season when he probably would have. That left PSG as the only option, given he wants to win things and actually has more players there on his level to play with than at Barcelona currently, particularly attacking wise.

Does he need the money? Of course not. Does any top level player need the money? No. Will they take what's offered? Yes, as we all probably would do as well, much as I like to think I wouldn't.

Football wages are obscene, there's players in League One earning quarter of a million pounds a year for playing third tier football. It's completely mad and it has to go bang before long.

Modern top level football is obscene. The Qatari blood money in PSG, Abramovich's dodgy history of accumulating his fortune, the money floating around in other clubs like Man City, you even have some Newcastle fans desperate to be bought by the Saudi's just so they can sit at the top table of football no matter who provides the money or where it comes from.

Of course there were dodgy owners (on a much smaller financial scale) way back. To those who remember Ken Bates at Chelsea who would be a prime example. Brown paper bags of money to sweeten transfer deals, George Graham the highest profile manager to be caught. He was far from alone though.

I also remember the final day of the season Italian betting odds for draws were often odds on(!) in the early 2000's during those match fixing times.

Back
Top Bottom