Messi is not renewing his Barcelona contract

I feel honoured to have seen this man play. Seen him live once, was only a friendly match back in ~2007. Australia vs Argentina.
The game finished 0-0, but I was mesmerized.

EDIT: I found the game ! It was 0-1 not 0-0. And it was a cracking match! :GSCARF:
- full game is around too

He NEVER lost the ball. There was a moment where Lucas Neil, Craig Moore & another defender.. 3 of them had Messi cornered on the wing. I'm thinking ..'ok he cannot possibly get out of this one' .. He turned them all with only 2 touches :LMAO: The Greatest of all Time! (thus far :))

This is a shot of the late legend, Kobe Bryant's (RIP King) locker.
KB-10.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on episode 2 of a three part pod on Messi (3 hrs per episode).

I guess we all got used how good he was ,so some stuff didn't stick out since he did it all the time.

Like 2012 (the calendar year) 91 goals!
(Ronaldos best year was 69 goals).
Remember how The PL and England had a meltdown over Jamie Vardy's 11 games scoring streak?
Messi had 21 ,scoring 33 goals ,8 straight 2+ goal games.

One columnist said it perfectly ,Maradonna was Maradonna every now and then ,Messi was Messi every game.

One other thing ,it has never before and will never in the future be Messi Vs Ronaldo fight type of rivalry.
Two players from the same league , representing the two powerhouses in that league fighting for the balloon d'Or and golden boot in the league.
Amazing player.

His numbers are simply mind blowing aren't they. Isn't it approaching 50 hat-tricks as well. I can only imagine the number of actual chances he's made in his career. Nutmegs must be in the thousands too. As for the goals, he's not even a bloody striker!

The other thing with both him and Ronaldo is the longevity of their achievements.

His numbers are simply mind blowing aren't they. Isn't it approaching 50 hat-tricks as well. I can only imagine the number of actual chances he's made in his career. Nutmegs must be in the thousands too. As for the goals, he's not even a bloody striker!

The other thing with both him and Ronaldo is the longevity of their achievements.
True , that's a very longstanding rivalry.
In that pod ,they've told that a French documentary , something "monster" was just released ,and it's two hours of interviews with people who had faced Messi/Ronaldo and their thoughts on how terrifying it was.
Some defender said that "any other of those guys could ruin my 10-15 year long career in a flash ,being remembered for having been double nutmegged or something.
Going to miss Messi now and when he's retired ,PSG isn't interesting at all for me.

Going to miss Messi now and when he's retired ,PSG isn't interesting at all for me

Half considered one of those football weekend trips to see Messi (Barcelona) a few years back, wish I'd done it now. To see him in his prime would have been something. Saw Ronaldo at Fratton Park (must have been 2-3 times?) , the first time he was in his young days with fancy flicks, preening and falling over a lot and got dogs abuse :LOL: Could see how talented he was though. Although I'd have to say the best Premier League player I saw during that time was Henry without doubt.

Half considered one of those football weekend trips to see Messi (Barcelona) a few years back, wish I'd done it now. To see him in his prime would have been something. Saw Ronaldo at Fratton Park (must have been 2-3 times?) , the first time he was in his young days with fancy flicks, preening and falling over a lot and got dogs abuse :LOL: Could see how talented he was though. Although I'd have to say the best Premier League player I saw during that time was Henry without doubt.
Henry was a beast ,both scoring and assisting

To this day Henry is the only player I have ever seen substituted by an away team and given a standing ovation by the entire crowd. Best team performance I've ever seen but even then Henry was on an entire other level that day. He was sensational that day even if it was against my team! Brilliant atmosphere too, even at 5-0 down.

To this day Henry is the only player I have ever seen substituted by an away team and given a standing ovation by the entire crowd. Best team performance I've ever seen but even then Henry was on an entire other level that day. He was sensational that day even if it was against my team! Brilliant atmosphere too, even at 5-0 down.

A friend of mine ,a spurs fan (and obviously an idiot) still claims that there's no arsenal player being better than any of his spurs player.
Gazza/Ginola/Kane etc

Back
Top Bottom