Microsoft Xbox

Yeah, no, I dont think this one is for me.
I have a very specific taste when it comes to racing games.
It doesnt have to be full sim, but it cant be typical Need For Speed.
Also - it have to have real cars, not race/painted cars.
Normal roads (not race tracks), with a traffic.
And I have to be able to wreck the car to a point where it explodes, or is undrivable anymore.
So yeah - basically - there is no such game as far as I know.. :LOL:
Closest I ever got was Need For Speed Porshe Unleashed, which was very different from all NFS's I played.

The car doesnt explode BUT it will get damaged and not move

And I have to be able to wreck the car to a point where it explodes, or is undrivable anymore.
Closest I ever got was Need For Speed Porshe Unleashed, which was very different from all NFS's I played.
Shouldn't Wreckfest be close to your liking?

No. Race tracks and no traffic. Wreckfest was a weird gimmick that got boring on the second car I unlocked. Unistalled the same day.. :/

closest you get to have everything you want should be beam.ng - started out as a a soft body physics simulator, now has traffic, realistic cars, a wide variety of "real" roads to drive on + cars can be trashed to a point where it they are not recognizable anymore. it's PC only though.

Yeah, when I said I need a cars to explode - I didnt mean literally. I just need to see some proper damage. Dont want to be driving into a tree, going 200mph and only see a cracked windscreen.
That puts me right off.
I only ever played first Forza, so I thought Forza Horizons at this stage might just be something I always wanted to see.
But it seems to be following the path of all the games - to be more "cool" rather than anything else.

But it seems to be following the path of all the games - to be more "cool" rather than anything else.
The horizon series has always been the casual/arcady racer, that hasn't changed since the first one. If you want a more sim one its the Motorsport series whic is probably the one you tried. Give a try to a race in horizon without assists and turn off cosmetic damage, you don't have to do the crazy stuff to enjoy it.

Me? I like to drive down a volcano in my bird suit at 200mph while my car honks la cucaracha.

GTA comes to my mind. :)

closest you get to have everything you want should be beam.ng - started out as a a soft body physics simulator, now has traffic, realistic cars, a wide variety of "real" roads to drive on + cars can be trashed to a point where it they are not recognizable anymore. it's PC only though.
Had that in mind for him as well. GTA still checking most of his points, ain’t it?!

Yeah, when I said I need a cars to explode - I didnt mean literally. I just need to see some proper damage. Dont want to be driving into a tree, going 200mph and only see a cracked windscreen.
That puts me right off.
I only ever played first Forza, so I thought Forza Horizons at this stage might just be something I always wanted to see.

some new Content Updates that have been showcased today, it’s honestly much more than pure destruction by now - honestly the graphics are starting to look really good, and there is some actual gameplay involved.

it's a really solid game with great driving and damage physics.

some new Content Updates that have been showcased today, it’s honestly much more than pure destruction by now - honestly the graphics are starting to look really good, and there is some actual gameplay involved.

Nerd.

Reactions: OPM

Just bought this one after being intrigued about youtube videos.
I only played a few minutes, but already had my ride down the volcano type of moment a la FH5:

Kind of.

Last edited:
Firewatch is one of those games I wish I wouldn't know so I could play it again.

Looking forward to MK 11. Often thought about buying it, now I can finally play it for half an hour to remember that I am to stupid for these type of games.

Has anyone played Enlisted?
Worth DL?
More of a SIM than arcade?
My mate is playing it while waiting for Santa to get him PS5, so he could play Hell Let Loose.
Its ok. Nothing special.
Best way to describe it is - Hardcore Call of Duty.
Still fast, with small maps, but one-shot-kill type of thing.

My mate is playing it while waiting for Santa to get him PS5, so he could play Hell Let Loose.
Its ok. Nothing special.
Best way to describe it is - Hardcore Call of Duty.
Still fast, with small maps, but one-shot-kill type of thing.
Sounds decent then.
Might DL since it's free ,cheers Marty

Back
Top Bottom