Microsoft Xbox

Microsoft flight simulator is now available on Xcloud.

Just gave it a try in my macbook. Works great, looks great. In theory if Xcloud uses the Series X blades, should it run with better graphics vs my series S, even if tis 1080p?

Just gave it a try in my macbook. Works great, looks great. In theory if Xcloud uses the Series X blades, should it run with better graphics vs my series S, even if tis 1080p?
Yes the graphics should be better and also the draw distance of scenery. The only drawback is the bitrate of the Xcloud right now which is at 15mpbs but expect this to improve when the service leaves the beta stage.

As we all know Xbox doesn't support bluetooth egen connecting headphones ,and my very expensive headset broke earlier today ,what to do?

I connected my regular wireless headphones to my phone ,then opened up the Xbox app (not game pass app) clicked on console streaming and it works perfectly that way ,really cool!

Btw ,I exchanged my Turtle beach for some other brand ,but the hack above is recommended if not having a pair or when charging your regular

This is great news. I'm gonna end hooking up my 60 year old uncle on gamepass. He loves MS flight simulator but needs a keyboard
I don't know if you noticed but the past couple of days when you launch MSFS on Xcloud there is a mouse cursor on the top left corner of the screen. They might start the support of mouse+KB as early as next week.
I would love though to have MSFS running/streaming from high end PCs instead of series X blades.

I don't know if you noticed but the past couple of days when you launch MSFS on Xcloud there is a mouse cursor on the top left corner of the screen. They might start the support of mouse+KB as early as next week.
I would love though to have MSFS running/streaming from high end PCs instead of series X blades.
When you launch Flight Simulator on Xbox, the mouse comes up - it has done from day one. Really annoys me. :D

Yep. An old Windows-style mouse cursor appears at the very top-left of the screen every time you boot the game.
I have an issue on Xcloud where bush trips assistance options are greyed out. On my PC (I have the simulator installed also) I can change these options but not on Xcloud. Is this a known issue? Can you change these options on your Xbox Series? It's not a big problem for me as I'm quite experienced but I'd like to find a solution for my children that also play this game on Xcloud.

I have an issue on Xcloud where bush trips assistance options are greyed out. On my PC (I have the simulator installed also) I can change these options but not on Xcloud. Is this a known issue? Can you change these options on your Xbox Series? It's not a big problem for me as I'm quite experienced but I'd like to find a solution for my children that also play this game on Xcloud.
I'm not sure sorry - I had to uninstall it because it took up most of the room on my hard drive... :D I hope someone else can help!

Anyone having played Insurgency Sandstorm?
Looking for a shooter ,and BF is a no no for me
Yes. I had played it some weeks on pc some month ago last year. I played only coop because the servers was a bit empty and you can play with bots. But don't know if it is now better or not. Or how it is on consoles.

IS is a hardcore tactical shooter with nice gameplay, small maps and only sometimes you can drive or shoot from it a pickup with mounted mg.

But it have not so many content (I think last content update is many month's ago. And also it have DLC's with cosmetics skins for weapons and new clothes.

I don't know if crossplatform work in Insurgency Sandstorm. If yes we could meet YALLA kick some asses.

Yes. I had played it some weeks on pc some month ago last year. I played only coop because the servers was a bit empty and you can play with bots. But don't know if it is now better or not. Or how it is on consoles.

IS is a hardcore tactical shooter with nice gameplay, small maps and only sometimes you can drive or shoot from it a pickup with mounted mg.

But it have not so many content (I think last content update is many month's ago. And also it have DLC's with cosmetics skins for weapons and new clothes.

I don't know if crossplatform work in Insurgency Sandstorm. If yes we could meet YALLA kick some asses.
Jalla Mohamed jihad Carles:)

Like what I've seen so far ,pretty tired of FUT shooters ,might give this a go.
Think they would/will make this X play
Thanks buddy

Please dont tell me that anyone is considering buying GTAV for the umpteen time...

I think loads of people are buying it again..
They have released it at £8 on the PSN store, that is nothing.
Pretty much everyone is going to buy it at that price, but if it was £20+, most people would of just thought about it and not many would of bought.
At that price they are absolutely guaranteeing sales and massive sales.

I didn't buy it because, I own the PC version and apart from Ray Tracing, I can't see a single extra feature that isn't in the PC version.

XBox Update to allow to pin Quick Resume games

This is a nice little feature. I've gotten so used to quick resume, even with the fast hard drive its a great QoL improvement to just seamlessly between games.

Youll also be able to remap the share button which is great bc I don't use it but sometimes I press it accidentally and take random screenshots.

Still think GTA 5 looks great on my one X ,so most likely not buying it.
If they made GTA 4 looking like today's GTA 5 version I'd buy it for sure.
Looks absolutely horrible that one

Still think GTA 5 looks great on my one X ,so most likely not buying it.
If they made GTA 4 looking like today's GTA 5 version I'd buy it for sure.
Looks absolutely horrible that one
Thats one of my main points.
They already fucked the playerbase so many times.. released same game few times. Released "remastered" edition of old games, which was fucking shite.
And now they are trying to milk even more.
While CD Project Red, after an absolute clusterfuck with Cyberpunk - are getting ready to release Witcher 3 next gen for free.
Rockstar is a bunch of greedy, horrible cunts and if people are still supporting this - they have no one to blame but themselves.

This is a nice little feature. I've gotten so used to quick resume, even with the fast hard drive its a great QoL improvement to just seamlessly between games.

Im a little bit put off by this quick resume thingy. Heard some reports that quick resume was the main reason of previous gen Xbox crashing (coz of memory overload). I even had games on series s crashing (with memory low error) until I read that quick resume might be responsible for this. So I dont use it at all, even now when I have series x.

Im a little bit put off by this quick resume thingy. Heard some reports that quick resume was the main reason of previous gen Xbox crashing (coz of memory overload). I even had games on series s crashing (with memory low error) until I read that quick resume might be responsible for this. So I dont use it at all, even now when I have series x.

Wait, I thought quick resume was just for Series consoles....
So far I have not had problems with it except with some older titles (360 era). If I see it crashes constantly I just quit the game manually but that hasn't happened in quite a while.
I recommend you give it a try again, it really is a nice feature to jump from game to game and have your things just where you left them. Besides the older titles, for me, it has been running great.

Wait, I thought quick resume was just for Series consoles
I dont know, tbh with you.
I had playstation till now.
But when I got the low memory error on series s and started digging, trying to figure out what happened - i found a lot of posts about quick resume to be blamed for that on old consoles..
Could have all been a lot of bollix for all I know...

Quick resume is this gen only ,but you could do a workaround (ish)
Still do it on my One X ,when playing a game i save then turn the Xbox off.
Next time I fire it up and wanting to play the same game I get in straight away.
Not the same but a nice hack if you're playing the same game a lot

If in the US. Walmart has had the Series X in stock for over 12 hours. Shipping in one week. I had two friends order one. Hopefully it’s becoming less scarce and hopefully scalpers are stuck with thousands in their inventory

How are you guys finding cloud gaming quality? I usually install games that I like, thinking I will get better quality this way. But I havent really notice that much of a difference (in a good way. Quality seems to be great both ways)
Do you install the games that you are planning to stick with for a while, or you dont bother? Do you see any difference?

How are you guys finding cloud gaming quality? I usually install games that I like, thinking I will get better quality this way. But I havent really notice that much of a difference (in a good way. Quality seems to be great both ways)
Do you install the games that you are planning to stick with for a while, or you dont bother? Do you see any difference?

I have tried the majority of the cloud gaming services, except the main one Google Stadia.

They are much improved with some being much better than others.
PSNow streaming to both a PC and PS5 is easily the worse the one experienced with clear drops in quality and some input lag - It was even worse than the Steam Link which was a complete waste of time and effort.
The others I have tried like Microsoft Cloud were all playable.
The best by far of the ones used is Nvidia, have it on my shield and the quality in both graphics and input lag is superior - However Nvidia do state that their service runs the equivalent of having a 3080 in your machine - But also with Nvidia you need a 60MB internet connection minimum to be able to enjoy the service.
The Nvidia service is also £17.99 a month for the 3080 version.

I would like to try Stadia, as believe this has no issues either.

My only suggestion would be go in thinking it is equivalent of using an Xbox Series S and you shouldn't be too disappointed with the end results.

Last edited:
I see very little differences when hard wired ,even pretty good with WiFi.
Games that I plan to play and that requires a smooth run (shooters/racing/sports) i DL ,otherwise I stream them.

I should have added that I meant Gamepass Cloud, not cloud gaming in general.
Input lag I understand might be an issue if not hard wired.
But what about graphics quality?
Do you find it any different?
I was playing No Mans Sky via cloud for a few days. Yesterday I installed it since I think ill stick with it for a while.
And I THINK the graphics look slightly better and more crisp...? But that could be my imagination. Hence I asked what you guys prefer

PS Now and Xcloud are both nearly perfect on my end even without Ethernet and just 5G WiFi. It all depends on your ISP and the country you're in. The only issue I have is with XboxApp for Xcloud which for some reason refreshes now and then the screen. No problems at all with Edge and Chrome in all devices. Xcloud games load in just 4-5 secs and picture quality is great.
I have tried GFN with my Steam library and it's also good but premium tiers are a bit expensive for me because I don't have so much time for gaming sessions. Stadia is also very expensive.
Right now I'm paying for PS Plus+Now+Gamepass Ultimate with EA Play. It comes on a decent cost but with 3 children and me gaming now and then it's alright. There are definitely months that the amount I pay is not justified by the time I'm gaming and also children tend to stick with one game rather than trying more in these subscriptions.
Bear in mind though that I'm nearly 45yrs old and I don't care so much about having the best graphics in my games. Give me a decent gameplay and playable framerate and it's all perfect for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom