Microsoft Xbox

Good to know. Was gonna ask if other games are fine with it
They all were, yeah, and Witcher3 also was at the start. Then it stopped after few chapters.
And I didnt play anything else to compare it with, so I thought I messed something up.

Age of Empires is out on XBOX. It is really refreshing.

Fantastic game and it is really well implemented in controller gameplay. Feels so good for me.

Is Valheim not released yet on Xbox?
I just assumed it was released when it came to Game Pass about 6 months ago.
No, it was PC gamepass. 14March will be game preview on Xbox gamepass, like they did with Grounded.

My ultimate game pass is due to run out in a couple of weeks, does anyone know the trick where you can get x months for a pound or something? Completely forgotten how to do it

My ultimate game pass is due to run out in a couple of weeks, does anyone know the trick where you can get x months for a pound or something? Completely forgotten how to do it

I buy codes from Instant Gaming, I think they are called.
I normally pay about £2 a month for PC Game Pass, but know they sell Xbox Ultimate Passes too.

90% sure they've stopped this now, as per this article: Eurogamer

I'm in the same boat as you - not sure what to do...

90% sure they've stopped this now, as per this article: Eurogamer

I'm in the same boat as you - not sure what to do...

Yes they have stopped that.
I used to do it every month cancel, wait a day and get it for £1 again - Cancel and then repeat.

It only comes up at full price now, so I now use Keys for Game Pass.

Those days are over when you could renew your subscription for 1€/3 months. You're best off buying Xbox Live Gold (!) months and then one month of Gamepass Ultimate which transforms your Gold months into Ultimate ones, too.

Check this guide out, it's been my guide the last few times.

Brill cheers chaps. I picked up my second Xbox One X at the weekend to replace my original Xbox one in the spare room. Love the XOX and couldn't say no at 80 quid

Reactions: Tom
Loving the Xbox SX in general, one of the best consoles I've ever owned. Great hardware, Game Pass is fantastic, cloud gaming, backwards compatibility... Shame about the football games but that's not Microsoft's fault. :D

I was tempted on getting an XSX but after spunking over a grand on parts for my PC in the past couple of years I couldn't justify it. Plus the XSX is proper fugly and would hurt my OCD placed in my media rack :D. I picked up an XOX around 18 months ago and love how slim and quiet it is, plus I finally got to start buying 4k blu-rays which I've been wanting to do for a while

Loving the Xbox SX in general, one of the best consoles I've ever owned. Great hardware, Game Pass is fantastic, cloud gaming, backwards compatibility... Shame about the football games but that's not Microsoft's fault. :D
Its a great console, but to be completely fair and honest - as it stands - its one of the worst new gen console starts I have ever seen in my life. The exclusives they released are a fucking joke so far and the only thing that keeps this console going is gamepass and little indie gems like Valheim, Grounded, Tunic and the likes.

As much as they could blame the pandemic initially - its getting to a point where this excuse wont fly anymore.

And their hyped exclusives (CrossFireX, Scorn, Redfall) are nothing but a laughing stock.

Its a great console, but to be completely fair and honest - as it stands - its one of the worst new gen console starts I have ever seen in my life. The exclusives they released are a fucking joke so far and the only thing that keeps this console going is gamepass and little indie gems like Valheim, Grounded, Tunic and the likes.

As much as they could blame the pandemic initially - its getting to a point where this excuse wont fly anymore.

And their hyped exclusives (CrossFireX, Scorn, Redfall) are nothing but a laughing stock.
Yeah, can't argue with that. IMO exclusives have been poor across all consoles (excluding the Switch if you like Mario/Zelda).

The PS5 hasn't had many either - and I say that as someone who bought one for Gran Turismo (and I'm glad I did cos the PSVR is mindblowing, truly game-changing). There's God of War, Horizon and Spider-Man too, all great games, but not exactly a bounty.

The Xbox has definitely had the least though. I had to Google a list and it's basically Halo, Gears of War and Forza Horizon, which aren't really in the same league. I just prefer playing every game on it with the hardware/experience being so good personally.

Football games are Microsoft's fault.
If they just continued making them, we might not be in the shit we are now.

I played some FIFA 23 again lately (hell knows why) and noticed some annoying cursor changing issues. At first I thought EA fucked something up again in an update but it turns out, that the left bumper of my Elite Series 2 Controller (as if I need a pro controller, haha...) is broken. Together with the original controller of my Series X and the controller from the Series S which I had before this is the 3rd controller which has bumper or button issues. I know that Xbox controller issues are no breaking news, but it's a disgrace. As if they don't have any quality control at all. On youtube there are some videos how to fix it but I really don't think this should be the way with a ~150 Euro controller. I sent it to Microsoft this morning to replace or repair it. Let's see.

Played some FIFA 23 since it's on gamepass.

Highest difficulty, set up 15 min half time to have enough time for proper build up.

Then this happen.

Everything about that overpaced garbage is shit. AI doesn't make any decent decisions, shooting doesn't make sense, crossing is garbage, anima not working and basically everything is about speeeeeeeed, everything.

Delete and don't play it again.

Attachments

• 90bb6fb7-5f77-439f-aa1a-e19c981aa82d~2.png
    90bb6fb7-5f77-439f-aa1a-e19c981aa82d~2.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 16

Highest difficulty, set up 15 min half time to have enough time for proper build up.

Then this happen.

Everything about that overpaced garbage is shit. AI doesn't make any decent decisions, shooting doesn't make sense, crossing is garbage, anima not working and basically everything is about speeeeeeeed, everything.

Use 5 minute halves and try again.

Then this happen.

You only managed to score 12 goals in a 15 minute match?

A few weeks ago I bought Remnant 1 and was giving it a go. Remnant 2 is coming to gamepass, any comparisons to see if I should move to R2? So far Remanant 1 has been enjoyable but havent gotten to the loot / builds aspects just yet.... I do seem to die a lotCapture1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom