Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried. Hundred Reasons are over-rated but still okay. Snow Patrol are brilliant but not as good as Athlete...or Elbow. Grandaddy are another top band.

Athlete? You mean that really average student rock band that wouldn't know a tune if it bit them in the arse? Grandaddy were ok, but then they took that one song of theirs and filled four albums with it, only AC/DC can ever hope to get away with that one. All in my humble opinion of course, which was right until I quit HMV obviously.

Best British band at the moment IMO are The Coral, 2 brilliant albums already. Athlete seem not bad, though I wouldn't say their anywhere near the 'best' British band.

Forgot about The Coral completely. They're on a par with Athlete in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm off back to PES Fan now guys.

Until the next time, so long!

Dunno why it took them so long to release this, it was the song played at the end of Donnie Darko, it's a couple of years old.

ClassicD said:
Dunno why it took them so long to release this, it was the song played at the end of Donnie Darko, it's a couple of years old.

Then of course, there's the original 1982 "Tears for Fears" version. ;)
I think it's an apt song for our time, personally. Just look at the world we live in today!

Yeah but this is an old song, it's not like Tears for Fears did it for a movie/album then waited 2 years to release it, just strikes me as odd is all.

Great song mind.

Its a good song but I dont think it should have been the Christmas number 1. I am sure it will drive many to suicide over the festive period

Well if your favourite 'The Idols' got to No.1 I think there might have been a few other people thinking of doing themselves in.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Well if your favourite 'The Idols' got to No.1 I think there might have been a few other people thinking of doing themselves in.
FD

I was going for the Darkness all week as its the most festive, original Xmas song that there has been for years but I knew that once I saw them doing the whole publicity thing late on in the week that they were struggling to get it

New year, new albums and more gigs to go see.

who are you looking forward to seein?

what album cant you wait for to come out?

i'm not sure at the mo as dunno who are gona release albums this year, but you lot might give me some ideas, so come on, who, what and when?

Razorlight are a new rock/punk band and have been on Virgin radio quite abit this past year. Their first album should be out soon. Ive got the 1st 2 singles (6 songs in total) and they're brilliant. Im a fan of them. They're gigging early January around the country in small venues, one in Middlesbrough but i dont think i can make it :(

Span are also releasing their first album Distraction. They're a norwegian rock band, again un-heard of but some good stuff.

Then of course there's the Darkness. A rumoured arena tour of the UK this year, and a new album? Fingers crossed. Hope that sets you up nicely loz

yeah thats cool boro. dont think i'll be going to many gigs til the summer but will check out razorlight, i'm sure i've heard of them b4.

Hopefully get to see Travis and Sting at SECC later this year, need to try and get tix though, that might help. :roll:

FD

ProEvo said:
The White Stripes Tonight At Ally Pally here I come..............!!!!! 8) :D

ya lucky bastard, i'm being observed tomorrow so it was a defo no, no really.

ProEvo said:
The White Stripes Tonight At Ally Pally here I come..............!!!!! 8) :D

They're on at Nottingham Ice Arena on Friday, got my tickets :mrgreen: . And Chilli Peppers are coming to England soon, i am going to get tickets for that also.

I`m into real obscure stuff, like cLOUDDEAD, Cinematic Orchestra, the Herbaliser, DJ Shadow, real savage drum + bass (anything bad company) as I play at my nightclub (Rubiks Cube) every Saturday, I get to drop my amazing tunage.

Bands? I love the Beta Band, Coldplay, Radiohead etc

Is all good. ;)

Would I sound obscene if I said I'd never heard of "Donnie Darko" and asked what the flying fuck it's all about?

Apparently it's sick that I've never seen The Godfather. :eh:

Jack Bauer said:
Would I sound obscene if I said I'd never heard of "Donnie Darko" and asked what the flying fuck it's all about?

What would be strange is the fact that you posted this in the Music thread :roll:

Jack Bauer said:

This guy scares me.

I thought Donnie Darko was something to do with music... If you look further up the page someone talks about him, or it, or whatever it is.

It says something about cinema but I thought it was, like, music cinema or something. I don't know, I just saw it and wanted to reply, and seeing as it's in this thread that's where I posted it.

Sorry! :eh:

It's just an odd film with a rather good soundtrack (and a fkin kickass website), unfortunately it contains the murdered version of Mad World.

Hire it, watch it, read up about it on the net, watch it again. It'll make (more) sense then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom