Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely avatar of the beautiful Chrissy Moran, Pro Evo.

Back to the topic, anyone heard under the milkyway tonight by the Church its off the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

N*E*R*D's ALBUM out in March...Incase anyone cared.

My mate has organised Tickets to RED HOT CHILLIES gig in Hyde Park.

He got Eminem tickets through the same company so he gets offered the tickits early......How cool is that :D

I saw the Chilli`s YEARS ago (Reading 99) before they became commercial and shite. Now every jock listens to `em. They have sold out. I bet half of you don`t even remember Plasma Shaft.

Pfff, they had sold out by then ffs ;) Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik were commercial successes and they were out in 89/91 (they were also the best albums imo ;)). Plasma shaft came out years later.

Huh? Ninjabreaks, the Peppers sold out back in the early 90's as Babs pointed out.

Not ment to annoy you BTW. It just got me thinking about bands selling their soul for the $$$.

Chilli Peppers are mere mortals compared to the gods that are Guns and Roses!

g and r suck ass big time metallica are the kings of rock. tbmonkeys i am goin blind wanking over your avatar........

Metallica are the king of sellouts. Last four albums sucked.

Gunners are the best, they knew when to stop and didn't flood the market with second rate albums like Metallica.

Metallica were great about 15 years ago, now they SUCK.

ninjabreakz said:
I saw the Chilli`s YEARS ago (Reading 99) before they became commercial and shite. Now every jock listens to `em. They have sold out. I bet half of you don`t even remember Plasma Shaft.

Mate, the peppers became commercial in '91 with BSSM, a perfect album. Although, you could say when John Frusciante replaced the late Hillel slovak on Mother's Milk (1989) it was their first step into more commercial music, as that album made them huge in the states. Isaw them live in '99 too, and before that in '95 although i consider both as being very recent.

ninjabreakz said:

Wow im so sorry i like commercial Chillies instead of the oldie stuff oh bo-ho-ho......u friggin turkey stuffing wh do you think you are. the last two chillies albums were just quality albums and if they were a comercial success its because their music reached more people not because hey sold out. i use to hear alot of this shit from Manic Street Preacher Hardcores and its perthetic.

I love the way you guys think that these bands must do it on purpose to make money. their just making music man. thats it

it doesn't matter if its successful as long as ots good. if you dont like it dont listen to it. its that simple :roll:

footieBalla said:
TBmonkeys!! who is that bird in your avatar?!

-azn

I dunno she keeps sending me these e-mails with attachments of her stripping and stuff.

i would put the one of her using a bottle of coke and a chair but its too early in the day. did i mention that the bottle is a 3 litre one :mrgreen:

It's not 'us guys' thinking that, it was one person thinking that seeing a 20 year old band 4 years ago made him a real non-commercial bit-of-a-cool-guy. The new albums are indeed very good, we were just pointing out that they went mainstream a long time ago.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
ninjabreakz said:

Wow im so sorry i like commercial Chillies instead of the oldie stuff oh bo-ho-ho......u friggin turkey stuffing wh do you think you are. the last two chillies albums were just quality albums and if they were a comercial success its because their music reached more people not because hey sold out. i use to hear alot of this shit from Manic Street Preacher Hardcores and its perthetic.

I love the way you guys think that these bands must do it on purpose to make money. their just making music man. thats it

it doesn't matter if its successful as long as ots good. if you dont like it dont listen to it. its that simple :roll:

Some fair points. I`m not really into bands, I`m into Nu-Jazz, instrumental hip hop etc. Anything on the NINJA TUNE label, so I listen to a lot of independant, underground stuff.

The albums are still good, it doesn't matter how many people buy them (although By the Way wasn't great). Blood Sugar Sex Magik was defo the best.

Also, i'm gonna see the White Stripes tonight :D , I hope they are as good as Pro Evo says they were in London.

Any hip-hop heads on here!!!!????

Method Man, RedMan, Keith Murray and Erick Sermon are playing at the Apollo in Manchester tonite, its a hip-hop lovers dream, aslong as someone doesnt get stabbed and or shot it should be a good nite....

LOL at peeps dissing the Chillies, they are making by thier own admission making some of the best music of their careers, it always makes me laugh when peeps say a band has "sold out".

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Any hip-hop heads on here!!!!????

Method Man, RedMan, Keith Murray and Erick Sermon are playing at the Apollo in Manchester tonite, its a hip-hop lovers dream, aslong as someone doesnt get stabbed and or shot it should be a good nite....

LOL at peeps dissing the Chillies, they are making by thier own admission making some of the best music of their careers, it always makes me laugh when peeps say a band has "sold out".

I`m a HipHop DJ Vann - I cut and scratch it up proper in da Swansea clubs - heard of Escape? In their Friday nights, Monkey or Rubiks Cube on a Saturday. I play loadsa underground beats, but love droppin` some Method, NWA, Shadow, Gravediggas, RZA, RJD2, Vadim, Skitz but my LOVE is drum+bass is huuuge. Love the big rollas, savage basslines, ambient/jazz/hop soundz. Iz all good. We`re not all geeks in Evo-Web, you know. ;)

Stasman said:
The albums are still good, it doesn't matter how many people buy them (although By the Way wasn't great). Blood Sugar Sex Magik was defo the best.

Also, i'm gonna see the White Stripes tonight :D , I hope they are as good as Pro Evo says they were in London.

Bloody brilliant. Jack White is a guitar legend, and Seven Nation Army at the end was amazing.

joostebrood said:
Chilli Peppers are mere mortals compared to the gods that are Guns and Roses!

Are you right? Yes you are!!! Appetite for Destruction is still one of the best albums ever made!!!!

Good to see that someone in here still appreciates the classics. Guns and Roses forever!

Johnny Utah said:
Metallica are the king of sellouts. Last four albums sucked.

Gunners are the best, they knew when to stop and didn't flood the market with second rate albums like Metallica.

Metallica were great about 15 years ago, now they SUCK.

What was he banned for???

Been a while since I heard something I liked from a band I've never heard of before, but there's a band called 'Keane' who's song 'Somewhere Only We Know' is quality!

ClassicD said:
Been a while since I heard something I liked from a band I've never heard of before, but there's a band called 'Keane' who's song 'Somewhere Only We Know' is quality!

I've heard of this lot...............there supposed to be quality!!! 8)

Franz Ferdinand's album anyone?!?!? Takes a few listens but is GREAT!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom