Rangers Thread

Re: The Rangers Thread - Quadruple Contenders 2007/8 - 1 down, 3 to go

At the opposite end of the spectrum is Ujfaluši, who stood in the tunnel mouth and shook the hands of all the Rangers players as they went inside.

Tomaš is a class act,a player I have always admired and he probably understands that if we had gone toe to toe against his team the outcome would have been different.We don't have the flair to match the biggest teams in European competition so our much maligned style of play is the only option we have if we want to compete.

lo zio,fantastic posts mate.British media are forever making up stories in an attempt to unsettle teams/players,they will print anything in order to sell.I don't believe everything I read.What makes it really funny though is the minority of Rangers/Celtic fans who are convinced there is a media conspiracy against them :DD

After translating the Italian version of uefa.com you can notice differences in the same article.

Example:

English
"Football is like this and today a team who focus on defending from the first to the last minute were rewarded."

Italian translation
"The regret is not having exploited the vast territorial supremacy, sometimes just enough to unlock a race. Football is sometimes like this, and we must learn for the future."

So I stand corrected about Prandelli's comments.

In other news, Rangers have asked that the season be extended to the end of July, so they can win the Olympics, The Open and Wimbledon as well!

un-flag.gif

Good luck to Rangers on the UEFA cup final...

Glad to see that all that anti-football of yours, worked...

Fuck that "Anti-football" talk!
Rangers the best!!!
Manchester won't be big enough!

antifootball1.jpg

I say we should milk this anti-football talk. Only people who don't win because of it, complain about it. :DUMMY:

Last edited:

"These braveheart guys just won't surrender."

- Jose Mourinho, 2008

:EASY:

In other news, Rangers have asked that the season be extended to the end of July, so they can win the Olympics, The Open and Wimbledon as well!

un-flag.gif

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sir David Murray speaks about the Scottish Premier League's decision not to postpone the match versus Dundee United before the UEFA Cup Final...

"We wrote to the SPL on Friday asking for the Dundee United match to be moved in respect of our forthcoming UEFA Cup Final and both the SPL and the Club turned down our request.

"Subsequently, after being informed of their decision, the SFA then became involved and, after a further meeting today, we have once again been turned down.

"As a Club I don't think we have been treated fairly and indeed most, if not all, football associations throughout the world would have taken a different position.In fact, they would have been only too pleased to assist a member club.

"What has happened here is footballing authorities not being proactive in their assistance, but only at this late stage by being reactive through embarrassment.

"Throughout the world people will laugh at this decision in disbelief, and none more so than in Russia as their own association have dUEFA Cupown everything they can to assist FC Zenit St Petersburg.

"We were not asking that all games be called off, simply one match prior to such a prestigious European Final.

"The reaction throughout Europe when we have been discussing other matters with clubs has been one of astonishment that we are in this situation."

He's right. Our league is a joke. An absolute laughing stock.

10.jpg

Tonight it's make or break time! If we don't beat Motherwell, the league will go to Celtc basically.

Kick off 7.45

setanta_sports.jpg

Re: The Rangers Thread - Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo!

Strange signing, Alan Gow. What was the point, really? Why even include him in the UEFA registered squad?

I'm not worried about the rest of the season. Everything is against us but at the same time, it's fantastic! Who'd have thought we would be chasing a quadruple this season? I think the league is ours for the taking and the Scottish Cup is sitting halfway in the bag.

Oops just noticed your reply, last season he looked like a decent player for Falkirk and joined Rangers when there were other clubs interested as it was something of a dream move for him (big pay packet dosen't hurt either ;))), but i just don't understand why he hasn't been used as cover for injured players like DaMarcus Beasley, Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch, Steven Naismith, Chris Burke or give Nacho Novo and Steve Whittaker a bit of rest bite, given the exhausting season Rangers have had.

But i guess most people wouldn't been expected Steve Davis, Kevin Thomson and Steven Whittaker to play as well as they have. Fair enough if he's a tired and tested failure but as far as i can see he's played against East Fife and that's it. :LOL:

Last edited:

11.jpg

Rangers 1-0 Motherwell
Ferguson (73)

That's one of our games in hand down; 2 to go. Hard fought three points. Great finish by Ferguson. Mon!!!

Code:
Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League Table

P  	GD  	PTS
1 	Celtic 	        36 	55 	83
2 	Rangers 	34 	48 	79

Last edited:
Re: The Rangers Thread - Rangers 1-0 Motherwell - Quadruple Contenders 07/08

We are on the way!
I can't understand these schedules of the Scottish League. They are crap.

We are on the way!
I can't understand these schedules of the Scottish League. They are crap.

What happens is...

After 33 games, the league splits into two lots of 6 teams. Each team in the top six then plays the other 5 teams once.

But this season because of postponments due to bad weather, Scotland vs Italy, Rangers vs Lyon, Celtic vs Rangers (due to Phil O'Donnell's death), there has been a lot of fixture backlogs. On top of that, Rangers have gone to a replay twice in the Scottish Cup this season. Normally these would be played midweek, but due to Rangers run in the UEFA Cup, this hasn't been possible. And so it leaves us having to play 7 games in 18 days without a break before the UEFA Cup Final.

Saturday, 10 May 2008
Rangers v Dundee Utd, 12:30, Live on Setanta

Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Zenit v Rangers, 19:45, Live on ITV1

Saturday, 17 May 2008
Motherwell v Rangers, 12:30, Live on Setanta

Monday, 19 May 2008
St Mirren v Rangers, 19:45, Live on Setanta

Thursday, 22 May 2008
Aberdeen v Rangers, 19:45, Live on Setanta

Saturday, 24 May 2008
Queen of the South v Rangers, 15:00, Live on BBC Scotland & Sky Sports

The SPL and Dundee United refused to postpone our game on Saturday or extend the season beyond the Cup Final.

Thank you so much foxtrot! Helped me a lot.

7 games in 18 days!!! Doesn't sounds good to me. I'm a bit worried about it to be honest. I feel the team tired. It could costs the SPL and the UEFA Cup.

Anyway, I will keep the blue flag flying high!
sc-flag.gif

Thank you so much foxtrot! Helped me a lot.

7 games in 18 days!!! Doesn't sounds good to me. I'm a bit worried about it to be honest. I feel the team tired. It could costs the SPL and the UEFA Cup.

Anyway, I will keep the blue flag flying high!
sc-flag.gif

Yeeeeeah!

All the best for SLB next season and good luck to Portugal this summer.
1493.gif

"No-one likes us, we don't care!"

Last edited:

I remember, when I was a kid, watch games between a green team and blue team. I always supported the blue one. Later I realized that these blue team was Rangers. Then I fall in love with Rangers. Now I understand the differences between Celtic and Rangers but I don't care. I don't care about religion, I don't about politics, I just care about football!!!

Thanks to support Benfica foxtrot! Rangers and Benfica have something in common. We don't like green teams (Celtic and Sporting)! :LOL:

Another example of our terrible Scottish journalism. The unfortunate thing is that most people read it and accept it as gospel.

What our press says:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2258327.0.Rangers_are_boring_says_Ricksen.php

"These days Rangers' game is quite boring," said Ricksen. "But it's only because of a lack of good players. And probably they can't buy any because they haven't got enough money."

What was really said:

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?158721

"I agree with you. But now the players are not of the quality that were previously in the "Rangers". They maybe lack the necessary class of players due to a lack of funds. On the other hand, if we talk about results, they've been the best team over the last thirty-odd years: the team are in the final of the UEFA Cup."

Ricksen did get one thing spot-on:

"So much of what is written and said about you- not true?

- Exactly! They write for one purpose - to sell the newspaper. There's nothing can you do: that is the culture of the country. Because of this, I have no desire to communicate with Scottish journalists."

But then, how many Scots read the Russian newspaper Sport-Express. I'm betting none. But they will read The Herald and the responses already have been poor.

"I hope you score an OG next week and get sent to Siberia!" said one.

More crudely was "Ferfandan Ricksen, You are a wank"

It's a sad state of affairs, our press.

I have to say that I agree with everything Ricksen said in his interview.

Last edited:
Re: The Rangers Thread - Fernando Ricksen says we're boring... allegedly.

12.jpg

Rangers 3-1 Dundee United
Novo (7, 18).................. de Vries (76)
Darcheville (90+2)

Two terrible refereeing decisions almost made Dundee United manager Craig Levein cry live on television. He was furious after beign denied a stonewall penalty when Noel Hunt was felled by David Weir after going through on goal and a shot by Craig Swanson which deflected off David Weir was deemed offside after the linesman judged the ball to have hit United player David Robertson. Setanta pundit and former Celtc striker John Hartson felt strongly about the referee Mike McCurry's performance today as well.

Daniel Cousin was lucky to stay on the pitch. He was involved in a tangle with Michael Kovacević which ended in a booking for each player. TV pictures showed, however, Cousin clearly headbutting Kovacević in a mirror image of his antics which seen him sent off against Fiorentina.

Rangers started the game brightly, constantly pressing the ball and playing high up the pitch. A welcome change from the so-called "anti-football" tactics which is used to being seen at Ibrox. Nacho Novo opened the scoring after 7 minutes. He won a free kick just outside the left orner of the penalty box. Kevin Thomson whipped it it and Novo lost his marker leaving a free header for one of the smallest men on the pitch. Novo's second was straight out the top drawer. A goal kick from Neil Alexander was flicked on by Cousin, over the head of Kovacević where Novo had ducked behind. He let it bounce then struck a perfect left-foot volley over 'keeper Zaluska.

Dundee United pulled one back 15 minutes from the end. Mark de Vries bulleted a header past the helpless Alexander, and was subsequently booked for his celebrations - running back to the centre circle telling everyone that it didn't count. Referee McCurry took offence and issued a yellow card.

With United pushing hard for an equaliser, they deployed towering defender Lee Wilkie up front leaving them exposed at the back. Into injury time, the ball was chased and kept in well by Novo. Ferguson picked up on it and sent a low cross across the penalty area for Jean-Claude Darcheville to tap in with his left foot.

Manchester here we come!

Last edited:
Re: The Rangers Thread - Rangers 3-1 Dundee United - Next stop: Manchester!!!

Anti-football continues winning. :LOL:
Manchester, we are coming!!!

COME ON RANGERS! I hope you win the lot. :salute:

MON THE RANGEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRS!!!!!

13.jpg

Last edited:

Good luck tomorrow boys, hope you muller the fuckers

Lol, a little over the top?

Pretty excited for the game...two counter attacking teams with totally different interpretations.

Back
Top Bottom