Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

edmundo said:
I went to Napoli v West Ham in the summer and there was trouble at this game (in West Ham) but it was all caused by West Ham fans who went running along the street to the tube station looking for "latins" to attack. In some ways England could be as dangerous as Italy to watch football
yeah west ham fans caused some serious incidents also here in palermo, when they came here in 2006 for a uefa cup match...
the funniest thing is that during the week before the match many english media warned west ham fans from the "brutal, violent, mafiosi italian ultras".... well it turned out that the hammers were the ones chasing palermo's ultras to start a fight.... and the only reason why there were no fights was because palermo's ultras were scared of em (what a bunch of pussies palermo's ultras are :LOL: )... and since the hammers couldn't find any italian fan to fight with, they decided to unleash their fury against our city. the result: a pub in downtown was set on fire and 2 renaissance statue were seriously damaged....
not to mention those "classy" shirts they wore...
westhamtshirt.jpg

at least we kicked their asses out of the cup (palermo won 0-1 in london and 3-0 in palermo). i remember i was quite worried about the match coz that west ham was a pretty good team on paper (tevez, mascherano, benayoun...)
---------------------------------------------------------------

moving on, it appears juventus might get marotta as team director this summer. now THAT would be a great news for juve fans!

Last edited:

inter-3-1-barca-passing-stats.jpg

:LOL: This is why a portugese ref and offside goals shouldn't matter to Barca :P

In other news... Balotelli hasn't been excluded from tomorrow's game vs Atalanta. Moratti was personally involved in the decision which isn't usual so I suspect there must be some tension within the squad. IMO the final nail in the coffin.

From Cassano: "Mario is 19, let's not forget that. He makes mistakes and needs guidance, but he's lucky to have someone like Mourinho giving him advice and teammates that forgive him for everything. He needs to realize though that he can't always have everything he wants. He's a great guy though, I hope he grows up quick because he's the best young player around. I was crazy at his age. Don't do what I did, I made loads of mistakes and ended up never winning anything, and I didn't want to change until I was about 25 or 26. It was mostly my own fault, about 80% of the time. Then I wised up, but finding the right woman also helped me a lot. If it wasn't for her, I don't know what jail I'd be in right now."

when u get to the point that cassano gives u some advices, that's when u know u must have made some very bad decisions in your life :D

HERNANDEZ!!!!! :BOP:
it's almost the end of the season, and i finally feel i can say it: we got ourselves one hell of a player!!!! :))
i can see why wenger wanted him so badly.

sorry ste, but theese 3 points are much more important for us than for the rossoneri :))

Last edited:

Yeah great stuff from Palermo, Milan look poor though. Hernandez and Pastore are two fantastic signings, I hope you qualify for the CL and keep hold of them a little longer.

Great, now Sampdoria definitely need a win versus Roma. Now all Lazio needs to do is get 3pts tmrw so we don't have to try too hard when we go to the Olimpico.

Boy, how are Palermo ever going to replace Liverani? Cigarini?

cigarini would be a great pick. we just have to hope mazzarri will stay in napoli (and given how well napoli is doing right now, there's hope)..... coz any other coach in the world would line up cigarini as a starter.... we won't need to replace liverani before 2012. so, if next season cigarini will get more playtime, then some top club will get him for sure... but if he will keep the bench warm next season too, then we may have a shot at him :))

anyhow, mamma mia, what a performance! i'm just speechless, this palermo is just too good to be true... i'm gonna remeber this season for decades! if any of u guys missed the palermo-milan match, look for a 90 minutes replay, the highlights alone just won't do justice to our performance.
pastore was ubelievably good once again... in the second half it almost looked like zidane was playing in a palermo shirt... just crazy.
and miccoli's goal :...
jumbo said:
Yeah great stuff from Palermo, Milan look poor though. Hernandez and Pastore are two fantastic signings, I hope you qualify for the CL and keep hold of them a little longer.
yeah milan looked poor in the fist half. they were much better in the 2nd.... but so did we :))
as for hernandez and pastore, they're definitely gonna stay for at least 1 year, even if we wouldn't reach the champions league qualification spot.
what's at risk in case of missed qualification is kjaer. if we won't make it, he'll most likely leave.
let's just hope roma will beat samp tomorrow.

little note. palermo, inter and samp are the only teams in the league that never lost a match at home this season. actually in a hypothetical "home fixtures only" league table palermo would be in the race for the scudetto! inter 46; palermo 44; roma 43; samp 39
LOL!

Last edited:

What a match, what a promising Palermo... Just to know, which are your scouts? Because it's amazing how you bought promising players for cheap from South America, players like Pastore, Hernandez, Cavani, Bertolo (who still didn't show all his qualities) or Andujar a couple of years ago, and also from Europe like Kjaer. It seems Palermo have a good network of scouts, like Udinese (who have Carnevale & co who inherited Marino's work). Is it true?

Ma speriamo di no!! :P

Surely you meant it the other way around, right?

More Balotelli news (can't get enough this guy)... Mario apparently called a program on the radio and saluted the Napoli fans after they said he would be welcome at the club... Following this, he chose to attend the Brescia - Reggina game instead of going to watch the Inter vs Atalanta. Seems the real reason why he was left out of the match today was of the way he explained his tantrum vs Barca last week. Apparently the players didn't react well to Balotelli's blaming of "Mou's cries", or instructing from the bench rather, during the Barca game for his sudden loss of control :TD:

If Sampdoria win today, Milan's CL qualification is at big risk considering they have Genoa, Fiorentina, and Juve left. So if Milan lose all of their matches and Sampdoria and Palermo win all theirs, then we are out.

Just to know, which are your scouts? Because it's amazing how you bought promising players for cheap from South America, players like Pastore, Hernandez, Cavani, Bertolo (who still didn't show all his qualities) or Andujar a couple of years ago, and also from Europe like Kjaer. It seems Palermo have a good network of scouts, like Udinese

we do. but then again, is hard to find an italian midclass club which hasn't a top flight scout network today. napoli still has the staff marino hired. corvino's staff (fiorentina) is absolutely on par with palermo's (if not better) samp has in marotta a world class team director (only marino and corvino are better than him in italy). udinese still has leonardi's staff, and now that leonardi moved to parma, he's raising another fantastic young team with lots of promising youngsters.

foschi (our former team director) did a very good job for us. and our current team director, Walter Sabatini, is even better than foschi. sabatini is the one who built lazio (along with rossi, who now is in palermo aswell)... when u think at all the good signings sabatini made for lazio (ledesma, pandev, kolarov, radu, foggia, rocchi just to mention a few).

however i wouldn't consider pastore and hernandez 2 very tough picks. lots of clubs around europe already noticed them. man utd and milan were looking for pastore too, we just had a better timing (although some might say timing is everything in this line of work). same goes for hernandez (arsenal noticed him too).

i'd say the best signings were kjaer, cavani, cassani and nocerino. and each of them is a foschi signing. we were really good in beating so many contenders when we signed nocerino (fiorentina, napoli, sevilla were on him) and cavani (fiorentina, real madrid and inter). cassani was a great find, as no one knew him before we got him.
and kjaer is probably one of the best signings in europe in the last few years.... he litterally came out of nowhere. no other clubs were on him... and given his amazing talent, i'd say we were really great in finding him. it was a "dani alves" kinda signing.... a fantastic player who came out of the blue.
it's really unusual for a kid this good not to be noticed by anyone else... think of ranocchia, for instance, everyone knew he was an extremely promising defender since he was 13!! european clubs have scouts everywhere in europe and south america nowadays, it's a huge global scouting network, so it's extremely unusual to slip through the cracks .... and when u manage to find a potential world class defender no one else noticed yet, well it means u did a great job :))

as for bertolo, i have to say i'm really impressed by his recent performances. he's getting better and better :))
----------------------------------------------------------------

rfu, concerning balotelli, from now on, he and his agent will try anything to piss off inter and force moratti to sell him in the summer, so u should expect a lot of "shit" from him in the upcoming weeks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zeem, i don't think u have anything to worry about. i can't see palermo and samp winning every game till the end of the season.... plus palermo and samp are gonna play each others in a few weeks.... wich means that samp will definitely lose at least one of the remaining matches :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54f_BZgT118

Last edited:

Interesting words by Galliani about the UEFA coefficients:

Ora abbiamo circa uno 0,300 di vantaggio sulla Germania. Se l'Inter non fa punti per il ranking e il Bayern o l'Amburgo vanno in finale, noi abbiamo perso la quarta squadra per la stagione 2011-2012. Spero quindi che l'Inter vada avanti".

"We have an 0,300 advantage over Germany. If Inter don't qualify against Barcelona and Bayern or Hamburg go to the final, we will lose the 4th CL spot for the 11/12 season. I hope Inter goes to the final."

Agree with him. Forza Inter (cries inside).

HAHA. He changes his mind quick. A while back he said he supported all Italian teams. Not Inter. It coulb be understanded both ways though. Don't know which one he meant.

Europa League is making a lot of diffrence. Plus Bayern eliminating 2 Italian teams, especially Juventus who won them 4 points, helped a lot. Altough not in Inter's hand as if both teams go into the final it's over.

Zeem, i don't think u have anything to worry about. i can't see palermo and samp winning every game till the end of the season.... plus palermo and samp are gonna play each others in a few weeks.... wich means that samp will definitely lose at least one of the remaining matches :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54f_BZgT118

I bet after the first Milan goal you were sure we were going to come back and steal it away. That was what I thought atleast. :D

That third goal was awesome. Thank God for Oddo playing as a CB. It has been 4 years and everytime Milan reach a point where they have a centre back problem and they seem to never fix it, well maybe now they did. Where the hell is that Onyewu we signed?

Last edited:

:CONFUSE:
holy shit!
are u guys watching roma-samp? WOW!
after watching this sampdoria i'm less and less confident about our upcoming matchup. they're keeping up with the best roma i've ever seen since spalletti's golden days.
zeem said:
I bet after the first Milan goal you were sure we were going to come back and steal it away. That was what I thought atleast.
yeah i was a bit worried... until that gem by miccoli. anyhow milan was actually quite good in the second half. that goal u scored came from a fantastic play (pirlo 1 touch and pass to ronaldinho... one touch and pass to seedorf.. goal. sweet)

oh wait pazzini just scored again. crap!

excuse me, but...I'm loving PAZZINI!!!!!!! :DANCE:
we do. but then again, is hard to find an italian midclass club which hasn't a top flight scout network today. napoli still has the staff marino hired. corvino's staff (fiorentina) is absolutely on par with palermo's (if not better) samp has in marotta a world class team director (only marino and corvino are better than him in italy). udinese still has leonardi's staff, and now that leonardi moved to parma, he's raising another fantastic young team with lots of promising youngsters.
Plus Genoa who bought young from Balcans (Tomovic, Aleksic, but also Papastathopoulos from Greece), or some years ago bought nowadays stars like Milito and Lavezzi from Argentina. We have really good scouts in Serie A, indeed.
however i wouldn't consider pastore and hernandez 2 very tough picks. lots of clubs around europe already noticed them. man utd and milan were looking for pastore too, we just had a better timing (although some might say timing is everything in this line of work). same goes for hernandez (arsenal noticed him too).
True, also Cavani was bought before any top team. If I didn't remember wrong, Zamparini announced in January market that he bought the Uruguay U20 striker, an unknown player. Ironically, he was supposed to be a goleador, now he's a teamwork-esque attacker but not the expected goleador :P
i'd say the best signings were kjaer, cavani, cassani and nocerino. and each of them is a foschi signing. we were really good in beating so many contenders when we signed nocerino (fiorentina, napoli, sevilla were on him) and cavani (fiorentina, real madrid and inter). cassani was a great find, as no one knew him before we got him.
Cassani was a good player in Hellas Verona (or at least IMO he was a promising Serie B fullback, I remember him in Ficcadenti's Hellas Verona with Bogdani and Behrami) but was never supposed to become so good. Nocerino was dubbed the new Gattuso in Under 21, but did a bad year with Juventus (also Criscito had a bad season that year, poor Juve they sold two really primising players) and all thought he was burned (same for Criscito). Palermo did a good working believing in them
Agree with him. Forza Inter (cries inside).
And forza Fulham too. Their eventual victory will be a lot important. Go Fulham! :)

well miccoli is quite an artist afterall :))

leo we do have a very good scouting network, but that's not our real strenght. la liga's scouting network is pretty much on par with ours. and bundesliga's and ligue un's scouting networks are even better than ours. where we do stand out is in the team director department. we're not the best ones in finding talents... we're the best ones in building teams.
leo said:
True, also Cavani was bought before any top team. If I didn't remember wrong, Zamparini announced in January market that he bought the Uruguay U20 striker, an unknown player. Ironically, he was supposed to be a goleador, now he's a teamwork-esque attacker but not the expected goleador
yeah i remember that too :D
i didn't know about cassani's carreer in verona. but he sure had a great growth in his palermo years. when he first came here, he was nowhere near as good as he is today.
as for nocerino, juve badly wanted to hold him (infact they refused fiorentina, napoli and sevilla's offers). but when they asked us amauri, zamparini made it clear; not putting nocerino in the offer was a deal breaker for palermo.... well done zampa!

concerning criscito, i believe juve still co-owns him (with genoa).
abou said:
Roma's fairytale is over by the looks of things.
not necessarily abou. they're just 2 points behind. 1 inter loss and roma is on top again (not trying to jinx anybody here :P ). sure it's more difficult though.
anyway roma can't have any regrets. they were awesome today.

man the palermo-samp match (wich will occur in 2 weeks) is gonna be EPIC!

Last edited:

I really hope palermo will make it to the CL. I wanted napoli or palermo there but since napoli isnt capable of winning the home games I want palermo to succeed (not to mention my love for miccoliiiiii). :)

not necessarily abou. they're just 2 points behind. 1 inter loss and roma is on top again (not trying to jinx anybody here :P ). sure it's more difficult though.
anyway roma can't have any regrets. they were awesome today.

Yeah, true.

Really looking forward to that match now, two teams in excellent form.

Forza Rosanero! Some of that talent at Palermo deserves to be playing week in, week out in the Champions League.

Still remember Miccoli's scissor kick at Anfield in 2006. :WORSHIP:

Is there any chance at all Miccoli might make the WC squad?

well miccoli is quite an artist afterall :))
I would love to see him in World Cup :(

yeah i remember that too :D
i didn't know about cassani's carreer in verona. but he sure had a great growth in his palermo years. when he first came here, he was nowhere near as good as he is today.
as for nocerino, juve badly wanted to hold him (infact they refused fiorentina, napoli and sevilla's offers). but when they asked us amauri, zamparini made it clear; not putting nocerino in the offer was a deal breaker for palermo.... well done zampa!

concerning criscito, i believe juve still co-owns him (with genoa).
Cassani was an average good sideback, not at the level of other sidebacks like Chiellini (eheh, he was a very good left sideback once) but he did a good job with Hellas shirt (that year they almost reach play-off, and besides the already mentioned Bogdani and Behrami, they also had Adailton, Pegolo and a young Guarente, not a bad team :P )
OMG I didn't know there will be that match :CONFUSE: It will be like a final, Cassano's class against Miccoli's power, the solid Samp against the fresh Palermo. Honestly I don't know who support, they are both good teams. Maybe both them in CL and Milan in EL? :D
Is there any chance at all Miccoli might make the WC squad?
To me, nowadays he have something shit like 5% to go to WC :(

excuse me, but...I'm loving PAZZINI!!!!!!! :DANCE:
HAHAAHA (Does Ric Flair Strutt...) WOOOHHH...WOOOHHH

And in the Olimpico, in front of their cocky fans. It was crazy, after the 2nd goal you could just hear the 80,000 Roma fans go deathly quiet haha Music to my ears hahaha... and then Mexes tearing up... haha what a priceless moment. I knew Roma couldn't handle first place, their balls aren't big enough. And poor Raineri remains a loser... haha

610x.jpg

95819_hp.jpg

:LOL:

Now we need beat Roma in the Coppa and the Super Coppa. That'll teach them to be overachievers :LOL: :P

mupaz.jpg

Two shots, two goals... What a fucking legend. Sorry Zio, but I'm now rooting for Samp to take 4th spot. They deserve our support.

Next weeks game will be very interesting. I know Lazio would rather be relegated than see Roma win the scudetto (I knew that 'thumbs down' gesture will comeback to bite Totti in the ass), but they're pretty much safe from relegation so they might even lets us win. But I learned a long time ago never to trust Lazio :PIG:

oh come one, don't be such a "bad winner" now! :TD: Roma fans cocky? why? they were singing and thanking their players yesterday, even after the defeat. u just can't not admire that. they were moving, to say the least. and mind u, i'm the first one to have a go at their ultras anytime they do something wrong.

and ranieri a loser? please, tell me u're joking here. u just CAN'T be serious here! a loser is someone who lose something he was supposed to win. ranieri was never supposed to win the scudetto. when he came in roma he wasn't even supposed to reach the champions league zone (wich means the 4th spot). those days roma was much closer to the relegation zone than to the 4th spot. ranieri was supposed to save roma from a potentially disgraceful season (a la lazio) and possibly to bring them into an europa league spot (wich means 6° or 7°).
what ranieri has done this season will be remembered for decades. from a neutral point of view, his achievement is more impressive than mourinho's 2 scudetti with inter (assuming he will win the second one this season).
first of, coz between inter and roma there is a financial gap that is wider than the gap between real madrid and villareal. inter spent 87 millions just this season, while roma spent 0.
at the end of the season moratti will pull out of his pocket a little less than 100 millions to pay inter's debts and sweep the club's overdraft (as he's already done almost every year since he bought the club), while roma will end this fiscal year with a profit.

second ,coz coaching a football team in roma means facing a pressure an inter coach will never experience. there's an italian saying that goes "uno scudetto a roma o a napoli vale come 10 scudetti a milano o torino" ("a scudetto won in roma or napoli is as much of an achievement as 10 scudetti won in milano or torino").... coz delivering in those 2 cities is much more difficult.

and third, coz inter had a 14 points head-start over roma before ranieri's comeback began.

so let's put everything in the right perspective and don't let the results get your judgement clouded.
even if roma will win the scudetto (let's not forget that all roma needs is 1 inter loss or even just a draw), that won't turn this season into a disaster for mourinho. actually, even if inter would end this season without winning anything at all (champions league, scudetto or coppa italia), this will still be a great season for mourinho. judging a coach by results only is one of the lamest things a fan can do. mourinho has done an outstanding job with inter this season. this is by far the best, the most complete inter i've ever seen. josè managed to do something no coach has ever done before; he turned inter into a confident team... and all theese merits of josè won't just "vanish" if he won't win a thing. so he will still deserve praise for his amazing job.

likewise, even if roma won't win the scudetto, that won't overshadow ranieri's amazing job.

i'll repeat it one last time fellas. don't judge coaches from their results only. if we had to do this, then this inter would be the poorest inter ever since 2006.... we're at the 35th week now and inter has 73 points.... u know how many points inter had at the 35th week last season? 78. and the season before? 81. and what about the 06/07 season? 90.

if we had to base our judgement over results only (like mourinho's fanboys like to do), then we should say inter has done much better with mancini than with mourinho (wich is clearely wrong). and we should also say that this was inter's worst season since calciopoli... which is crazy coz this is the best inter i've seen in decades.
milanista said:
Come on Ben, you secretly love Zamparini!
well "love" is a bit of a stretch. but i'm definitely very grateful to him. palermo spent 31 seasons between serie b and c... from 1973 to 2004. when zampa bought palermo we were a serie b team, with a 30 billion liras overdraft (that's the equivalent of 15 millions euros... i know, this won't seem so bad to an english fan today, but 15 million euros were a lot of money to owe, for a serie b club in 2003).
zamparini brought us in serie a, he had us playing some very good football (some awesome football, sometimes, like this year). he built 3 amazing squads in the last 7 years (the first one was the one with corini, barone, zauli, toni, santana, grosso, barzagli... the second one was the one with biava, simplicio, bresciano, amauri, miccoli, liverani..... and now we're catching a glimpse of what will be his third palermo, with hernandez, pastore, cavani, kjaer, balzaretti, bertolo).
and he didn't get this gems by overpaying them. we actually made a profit out of each of theese players, as we always sold them for twice the price we paid for them (sometimes much more than twice the price).
today palermo is a good solid football club, which has no debts at all, which is able to fund itself and compete for the 4th spot in such a competitive league as this serie a.

i'd say zamparini has done enough to deserve my gratitude and respect. :))
sure he's stubborn and talks shit most of the times.... but then again, some of the best football club presidents in europe are just as controversial as him (think of Aulas or Del nido, for instance).

Last edited:

F*ck!ng Pazzini.. he NEVER scores when it's really needed then comes up with these performances..

Now quite everything is written (In*&r winning Serie A, Siena and the poor Atalanta being relegated) the only race that is worth following is the one for the 3rd/4th place..
Being Milan more or less safe, I'd just say FORZA PALERMO even if it means seeing the Goddess being relegated to Serie B by the end of this season ='(

i don't think the scudetto challenge is over yet ale. inter will have a hard time winning against lazio. i think we all remember what happened the 5th may of a few years ago, don't we?
afterall roma just needs inter to draw a single game.

as for the 4th spot battle, after watching palermo against milan saturday, i thought we could easily take care of samp.... but after watching sampdoria's match yesterday, i'm not that confident anymore.
that's definitely gonna be the most anticipated match in palermo's history.... i just hope the pressure won't crack the players on both sides and turn it into a boring match.
this might turn out to be the best match of the season... or the most boring one. :))

i don't think the scudetto challenge is over yet ale. inter will have a hard time winning against lazio. i think we all remember what happened the 5th may of a few years ago, don't we?
Ahahah of course I remember it like it happened yesterday..

Anyway, I just realized that Bologna have to face Atalanta and Catania..
Well, let's say that the last match against Cagliari will be nothing difficult (even if I still hope Cagliari play the way they pleyed against you) but I really hope Atalanta can defeat Bologna and maybe (more difficult) Napoli..
Then, we can only hope that a win against Palermo isn't needed =)

I have a question: since who win Coppa Italia will go to Europa League, but this year both finalists Inter and Roma will go to CL, what will happen to italian EL 3rd team? I believe in last years (if this happened) the 7th Serie A's team went in EL (or old UEFA Cup). What will happen this year?

first of, coz between inter and roma there is a financial gap that is wider than the gap between real madrid and villareal. inter spent 87 millions just this season, while roma spent 0.
at the end of the season moratti will pull out of his pocket a little less than 100 millions to pay inter's debts and sweep the club's overdraft (as he's already done almost every year since he bought the club), while roma will end this fiscal year with a profit.
I'm not expert about numbers, but this is not the perfect year to talk about Moratti's money. This year, thank Barça, Inter rebuilt his team thanks to Ibrahimovic's move, thanks to his departure we had fresh spanish 60mln to buy Sneijder, Lucio, Milito and Motta (plus Eto'o, in the Ibra's deal). It's funny but main 2010's Inter was built thanks to a departure. Milan wanted to do the same with Kaka's departure, I believe last summer only Juventus spent lot of money (Diego & Melo for 50mln) without sold big players.

The only thing I know about Milan is that apparently last summer we had -70 million euros, after Kaka we are around -10 million in our balance, meaning we are slowly moving into the white zone. Soon deadweight like Dida and Kaladze go, and we will have a clean slate (hopefully). Seems many teams in Italy are going through this transition of going white, like Udinese, Palermo, Roma and Lazio.

My mini predictions:

Samp
3 v Livorno (h)
1 v Palermo (a)
1 v Napoli (h)
65 TOTAL

Palermo
3 v Siena (a)
1 v Samp (h)
3 v Atalanta (a)
65 TOTAL

Milan
0 v Fiorentina (h)
0 v Genoa (a)
1 v Juve (h)
65 TOTAL

Head to head

Milan - Samp 3-0 and 1-2
Samp - Palermo 1-1 and ?1-1?
Palermo Milan 3-1 and 2-0

that'd be quite a finish edmundo :CONFUSE:

yeah leo the 7th place is valid for the europa league now aswell.

as for your point about the ibra deal, i agree that was a fantastic move by inter (one of the best deals in moratti's era), but even taking into account the money inter got from ibra, they still spent way more than roma.
besides the real issue here is not the price tag of the players itself. what really dumps european clubs balance sheets today are the players wages. and that's why moratti has to refill inter's finances every year to repay the debts.

i don't really blame him. i mean, i don't really like clubs who don't fund themselves, but truth is that's the only way to mantain the top club status nowadays.
a pennywise management, supported by a great coach and a great team director (who can find great players for reasonable cash) can bring u to a certain level (say palermo's leve, fiorentina's level, genoa's and napoli's level), but in order to make that last step, in order to compete with the likes of chelsea, barca, real madrid, man utd, u have no choice other than spending as much as they do. it's a shame, but that's how it goes.

so, to make myself more clear, i didn't mean to criticize moratti for his spending policies (if anything moratti deserves praise... coz at least he covers the expenses and pays the debts every year, and doesn't let the overdraft grow as many other european owners do). my point was, financially inter belongs to a different category (the category of barca, real, man utd, etc.) while roma's financial situation is much closer to the italian midclass club's one. :))

Back
Top Bottom