Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

About Baby-Balo, dude is a real head fuck: “I tried to correct my behaviour for two or three weeks, but I could not take it anymore. I got bored. I am a boy, not a grown man, but I will become one. I always want to become the centre of attention, that’s how I am and others don’t like it.”

and then he goes: “Whatever I do, people always talk about me. They keep at it non-stop. Balotelli here, Balotelli there. Why? Idiot just contradicted himself. He likes to be the cnter of attention yet he doesn't get why he receives so much media attention. I don't wish anythign bad for him, but I don't see think a move to Money City working at well for him. I reckoned he should've gone a mid-table serie A team on a loan deal but now it's clear to me that he wants a big team move where he get the attention he craves.

Quick note on Arnautovic, here's what he had to say about his limited playing time under Mourinho: "Problems with (coach) Mourinho started when I went out five times a week despite being injured. I tried to distract myself, but I did it the wrong way. This won’t happen to me again."

And in recent news, he's just injured himself cycling into a golf cart :LOL:

Rafinha to Genoa for 9mill. FFS. Why is everyone else finding good players for under 10m and we can't find shit for 5 million.

Looks like they got a lot of money from Milito and Motta winning everything. :LOL: 9 mill for each player is not an easy amount of money.

Oh man... Genoa got Rafinha too?!!? Damn!! This team, coach, the directors, they sure as hell know what the fuck they're doing!

Oh man... Genoa got Rafinha too?!!? Damn!! This team, coach, the directors, they sure as hell know what the fuck they're doing!

I'm not so sure PLF.
If i remeber well, then they already bought quite a few new players last year. The result was not what they hoped (CL football) and this year they are once again lots of players.
A team with new player has to gel, that takes time and patience from the board. Last season the Genoa boar lacked this patience.
I'm not so sure if all those transfers are a good sign to be honest. I like Genoa a lot, but i forsee a dificult and disappointing season for them.

Difficult and disappointing = no CL football.

They were very close to CL this year. I think there are many teams of that type in Italy these last few years - Palermo, Napoli, Sampdoria, Udinese, Lazio and Fiorentina... all fighting for the top Euro spot, so they're all investing heavily this summer because now they are realizing that its achievable. Lazio have managed to sign some good players too, and so have Palermo and Fiorentina. I'm waiting for Sampdoria who seem to be relying on their squad from last year plus some younger players - I think they will gel but may struggle in the CL like Udinese a few years ago.

I know who I'm going to manage when FM11 comes out. :D

:LOL:

I'm not so sure PLF.
If i remeber well, then they already bought quite a few new players last year. The result was not what they hoped (CL football) and this year they are once again lots of players.
A team with new player has to gel, that takes time and patience from the board. Last season the Genoa boar lacked this patience.
I'm not so sure if all those transfers are a good sign to be honest. I like Genoa a lot, but i forsee a dificult and disappointing season for them.

Difficult and disappointing = no CL football.
You're right, last season was a mess. But they need to replace aging
players like Rossi (RWB) and Juric (DMF). So their signings make sense. Although I would've picked players familiar with serie a (like from Siena or Atalanta)

Juric has retired I think. Suazo, Papa, Amelia and Zapater have moved. I don't think players like Zuculini or Chico will start, but Eduardo, Rafinha, Toni, Ranocchia and Veloso definitely will.

Inter got Sculli also. I agree that's a lot of change but the players they got besides Toni are young and can finally settle.

Sculli is an interesting acquisition for us. Would much rather him than Kuyt. Apparently we have a deal with genoa where veloso will join us in 2011. Not to happy about that. Don't really rate him.

What a surprise, Lazio signed Hernanes, for what I read he's a good player! (it's strange Lotito will spend 13 mln :LOL: thanks to arab who gave him 18 mln for Kolarov)
Ben, Palermo signed Munoz so I believe he will replace Kjaer (being also a year younger) in Zamparini's mind.

Just to laugh a bit

lotitomorto.jpg

if i didn't say earlier on, I should have.... FAntonio and SuperMario will not provide the answers Italy is looking for. Yeah, I know it's a friendly, the team needs time to gel etc., but IMO they do not solve the underlying problem which is the huge disconnect between the midfield and forward line. De Rossi and co just aren't cutting it, they play too deep. IMO Aquilani and Thiago Motta must be brought into the fold. I bet as soon as that happens you will see a sizable difference.

Glad Sirigu got an outing. For me he's more deserving than Marchetti.

I still rate him as one of the best in that role.
What is this "one of" shit?! No no no, he is the greatest. Period :)) when you look at the perfect right back, professional footballer, from whatever angle you like, it doesn't get better than Javier Zanetti. A couple of goals wouldn't have hurt I suppose :LOL: but I wouldn't trade him for Maicon, Alves, Zambrotta or Cafu, even in their peak years. Has there been a more consistent performer in the history of the game? Unbelievable this guy. And he hasn't been seriously injured once. Totally deserves a new contract and a raise if he wants it. At this rate Cambiasso won't even get to captain Inter :LOL: (he is or was next in line).

Palermo looking at possibly getting him on loan I think as a backup and see how he does...

yeah, with all due respect, anton ferdinand is not palermo material. it sounds more like agent's bullshits. zamparini himself denied any interest in the player.

besides i don't see why we should be interested in him. we're already covered in that department. there's bovo, there's goian and there's munoz.
bovo and goian would already be enough to nail ferdinand on the bench all season long.... and then there's this munoz kid. i still don't know him, but if half of what i heard about him is true, we might have found another gem. and if munoz really is as good as they say, then he will probably fight with goian for the starting spot, one of em will end up on the bench and that means ferdinand wouldn't even make the bench.

what we need now is a 4th pick cb. a 4th pick cb, in a midclass club like palermo, usually plays only 5\8 matches in a season. that's why midclass clubs usually use this role (the 4th cb) to bring in a youngster from the youth team.

so i really don't think we're gonna show any interest in ferdinand...... unless (like Sina said) we're talking about a "free deal" (like a free loan). but if we had to spend money on a 4th cb, u can find much better and cheaper cbs than ferdinand in serie a.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

did any of u guys watched the sevilla-barça supercopa match and cigarini's performance? if u didn't watch it, read this:
http://www.abcdesevilla.es/20100815/deportes-sevilla/cigarini-hizo-201008150134.html
if u didn't watch it AND can't speak spanish, well the title of the article says "cigarini came in and there was light".
apart from the stunning assist for fabiano's goal, the article remarks how cigarini made an instant impact on the team, as soon as he came in. he "turned on the light" in the sevilla side, giving his team a completely different passing dimension.

and that's the assist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjv57OaX20
mazzarri kept this jewel on the bench all season long last year..... and now napoli sold him for just 8 million euros!!!
well done de laurentis:RANT:
if marino were still in charge as napoli team manager, he would have never let this happen.

Last edited:

mazzarri kept this jewel on the bench all season long last year..... and now napoli sold him for just 8 million euros!!!
well done de laurentis:RANT:
if marino were still in charge as napoli team manager, he would have never let this happen.

Sold? I thought he was on loan and, when that finishes, Sevilla have the option to buy him for that much. Although I suppose he's as good as sold, in all honesty

Sold? I thought he was on loan and, when that finishes, Sevilla have the option to buy him for that much. Although I suppose he's as good as sold, in all honesty
that's the point, even though the permanent deal isn't official yet, can u imagine monchi not paying those 8 millions to get the best under 25 regista in europe? right now monchi and del nido are probably laughing at those idiots in napoli who agreed to let luca leave for such little cash.

the only reason why spanish and italian clubs choose theese loan+buy option deals is because they allow the buying club to actually "test" the newcomer and see if he adapts to the new club (and in this case to the new country and league). :))
and apparently luca had absolutely no problem in adapting himself. that was his first official match and he wasn't even a starter, yet as soon as he came in, he single handedly changed the shape of his team and the story of the match. he was so confortable, he looked like a veteran who had played with that club for his entire carreer.
Jumbo said:
You've signed a Polish kid called Kamel Glik for backup I think Ben?
oh yeah, there's also that polish kid. well that makes us more than covered for the cb position, i guess. my only concerns are for the midfield department.... i feel we're a little short on backups at midfield.

Last edited:

I hope everyone is supporting the blucerchiati tonight! FORZA SAMP! Even cry-baby Mancini said stuff in the media - he's convinced Samp will go through, lets hope he's right!

Last edited:

Poor Juve.. just poor. We started off great with a lot of movement and chances then after our goal we just began to fall apart. We just kept launching long balls from defense for Amauri to pick up and it hardly worked. No one provided the ball for Diego (who is now playing a deeper role as a secondary striker). Our defense was shaky at times giving the opposing team WAY too much space to try shots.

We started the second half badly and it only got worse until they equalized from a terribly marked free-kick! How we let that player get the ball so easily really makes me worry about our marking; especially when we have a giant like Chiellini in defense. I'm happy Amauri got his goal though, it wasn't an easy game for him and I was quite satisfied with his performance.

And did anyone see Bonucci's slide tackle on the last man FROM BEHIND! It was a work of art. I want to see more Martinez in the next few weeks though, we paid a great amount for him and we keep on starting Lazafame, I understand he has been on good form but Martinez needs time to gel with the squad.

Lastly, I'm very happy that Diego is staying with us. Del Neri made the right decision and I hope Diego can shine this season. I think he was criticized too much for last season, he was one of our best players and assisted and scored more than Sneijder did! Maybe not worth the money we spent, but too much negativity never does anyone good. And it seems like we've signed Krosic from CSK and he'll be having a medical tomorrow, Not sure what to think on that.

and apparently luca had absolutely no problem in adapting himself. that was his first official match and he wasn't even a starter, yet as soon as he came in, he single handedly changed the shape of his team and the story of the match. he was so confortable, he looked like a veteran who had played with that club for his entire carreer.
Don't jinx him now. Yes he played a nice game but I think because the Barca mids stepped off him too much, affording him a lot of space to collect and spray passes. Amazing assist by the way. But best regista under 25... I don't know, let him get more regular football, playing consistently at a high level, and then we can talk, but certainly the potential is there. I wanted him at Inter actually but apparently we need another DMF :OOOH: There would've still been room for him however, as back up to Motta or the other way around.

Poor Juve.. just poor. We started off great with a lot of movement and chances then after our goal we just began to fall apart.
Fantastic news :P Selling Deigo would've made it all the more funnier. I can't believe selling him was actually an option, ahead of Melo and Amauri. Maybe because he's actually worth something in the market. But Del Neri was 100% right in saying that Diego offers something that you would otherwise not have at all if he left. And I think he would make a great support striker. Reason he drops deep is because there's no one to transition the ball from defence. There's no quick fix for Juve I don't think, but I think Deigo is key for them. Oh and what about a left back? And why did they let go of Caerces? He looked promising and was a versatile player.

In other news, I hear Mario scored on his debut before going off injured. Was decent poachers goal. RQ7 also scored a nice one on his official debut, nice flick up, turn and then shot from just outside the area.

Back
Top Bottom