Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

Hahha yeah exactly!! :D

Now we see how Buffon can be so important even in this regard! :D :LOL:

I knew there was something odd cuz I'm like Ben would never make a mistake like that. hahaha now I see why, it wasn't a mistake, it was way I saw it.

p.s. Guess Roma couldn't keep Motta and didn't have enough money to buy him! By him going to Juve, they're strengthening a rival and getting weaker themselves. But there's little they could do about it because of their financial situation I guess.

Hahha yeah exactly!! :D

Now we see how Buffon can be so important even in this regard! :D :LOL:

yeah, he has such an impact he can turn an entire defensive line upside down! litterally! :LOL:

as for roma not keeping motta, yeah money was the issue.
roma is in quite a tricky situation right now.

unicredit bank (sensi's creditor) just took control of the club.
it's kinda sad really. roma as a club (and as a company) has no debts at all (thanks to a very good management), but the thing is the club is owned (well, was owned) by italpetroli (sensi's oil company). so italpetroli is pretty much of a holding company (except that it has its own core business, wich is oil).
well italpetroli is in deep financial problems (well actually "was" is the right word, as letting go roma pretty much solved the problem) so, since the sensi family couldn't pay his debts to unicredit bank, the bank took the most profitable asset of the whole group (AS Roma).

so now the bank is the "temporary" owner of the club (altough the sensi family still holds the 49% of the company). unicredit left the current management in charge (aka rosella sensi and hers assistants), but they will now put the club on sale.

Last edited:

p.s. Guess Roma couldn't keep Motta and didn't have enough money to buy him! By him going to Juve, they're strengthening a rival and getting weaker themselves. But there's little they could do about it because of their financial situation I guess.
Some weeks ago I said you something like "Roma can't even buy a lollipop" about Gera. Now do you believe me? I was not joking.

yeah, i'm disappointed aswell. 13 millions is already more than 3 times what we bought him for, so that's a 9 millions capital gain item in our balance sheet.... but still that's way too cheap for such a talented player.
i agree with u Sina, we should have waited one more season. not to raise his value, as his value is already way higher than 13 millions.... but because there were no other buyers in this window. no top clubs in europe need a starting cb apparently. but u just shouldn't put such a player on sale when there's ony one possible buyer, as that will obviously give u less leverage and effect the price tag.
i didn't expect such a mistake by zampa honestly.... he knows (or should know) better than this.
anyhow, my best wishes to simon. he's really a nice, down to earth guy and i truly hope he'll get the attention he deserves.
and congratz to wolfsburg for the great deal! very well played:))

@robbe: indeed that's not a bad move for simon (i never said it was) ;)

anyhow guys i'm very busy theese days, hence i can't catch up with the market moves.... but i just heard juve got motta aswell.
so that's how juve's defensive line will look like next season.
de ceglie---chiellini--bonucci---motta
now we're talking !!! that's what it means to have marotta in charge of the market:))

De Ceglie needs to be replaced though.

about Kjaer, what I don't get is, how is Cavani valued higher?? It's dumbfounding. I hope the rumors of him coming to Inter die out quickly. Apparently Napoli want him on loan with an option to buy... Like they need another misfiring strikers :LOL:

What do you make of these Mario to Manchester rumors that are sprouting everywhere? Is there a talent in the world that is worth this much aggro?

Cavani was lucky to play a very good WC with a team that played 7 matches.
Kjaer was good (but made a mistake against Cameroun) and only played 3 matches.
The WC really is very important.

Players like Gerrard and Ribery wanted to leave their clubs and counted on a good WC to have a good transfer. They were lousy and there 's a big chance that they will end up staying where they are now.

It would be interesting to see how many of the WC-players that are transferred this year will still be at their club in septembre 2011. After WC's (or other big tournaments) clubs do foolish things on the transfer market.

I remember Euro 2004 were one of the best player was a Greek central (DMF???) midfielder. He was transferred to Bologna, but never really made it in Serie A (sorry: can't remember his name). This is a typical example of an impulsive transfer. In 2003 or 2005 this player would never have been transferred to a Serie A club.

I remember Euro 2004 were one of the best player was a Greek central (DMF???) midfielder. He was transferred to Bologna, but never really made it in Serie A (sorry: can't remember his name). This is a typical example of an impulsive transfer. In 2003 or 2005 this player would never have been transferred to a Serie A club.
Zagorakis, captain of Greek 2004. And, as you said, he was a flop.

about Kjaer, what I don't get is, how is Cavani valued higher?? It's dumbfounding. I hope the rumors of him coming to Inter die out quickly. Apparently Napoli want him on loan with an option to buy... Like they need another misfiring strikers :LOL:
u shouldn't expect any logic from player's market rfu. football players don't really have a market value.... and that's pretty easy to realise... afterall each player is unique (hence there's not a market, in first place), they're not "goods" which can be "valued".... and, most important, u don't sell the player, u sell the contract, wich makes all the difference in the world.

kjaer was sold for a pretty low price, coz there was just one buyer.... while cavani had many clubs interested in him, so he was sold for a price that's way above his actual skill... at least imo (i think u can get many better players than cavani for 16 millions).
over the last few weeks there has been an endless..... and completely meaningless debate in both the arsenal thread and the barça thread about fabreagas "real value and pricetag", that just goes to show how silly it is to pretend to establish an objective value for a football player. :))
rfu said:
What do you make of these Mario to Manchester rumors that are sprouting everywhere? Is there a talent in the world that is worth this much aggro?
what does aggro mean mate? :))

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

They just took 3 Milan young players on co-ownership deals like Strasser and Albertazzi who still wants to stay.

Darmian also went to Palermo. I've seen him in the squad for about 2-3 years now. He was once included in our CL squad but never got to play until he replaced Maldini on his retirement match. I thought it was a gesture that here is our next big defender but nothing happened. :D Hope he plays. He is surely not Kjaer's replacement right? :D

true. those are some signings. i think they should calm down a little though. that's the 3rd consecituve season they almost completely change the shape of the starting 11. it's gonna be hard for gasperini to build something in theese conditions.
very good job anyway.

as for balotelli (thanks for the explanation of aggro guys), well if there's a player in the world who is worth this much trouble, that certainly is mario.
he is, without a doubt, an asshole (not a cunt though... or at least not yet), a little spoiled brat with a stupid, immature, unprofessional and confrontational attitude..... but boy is he good!!

i mean just think at the last season. he had some very serious issues with the coach, with the fans, even with some of his teammates. he started about 12 matches and he never played an entire match.... well maybe 1 or 2, but certainly not more than that....
he came in as a sub for usually nothing more than 30\45 minutes for pretty much the entire season.... and yet he scored 11 goals! that is simply mindblowing. how could a 19 years old kid deliver with such ridiculous consistancy, taking into account he wasn't usually lined up as a starter and also considering he had the coach, the fans and even some of his teammates against him... that is just crazy.

people rave about mario's boundless potential... and rightly so. but we tend to overlook how amazing already is his current skill. potential won't allow u to do what mario did this season (and last season). his current skill allowed him to deliver like this. his shots, his dribblings, those are not down to potential, unexpressed skills..... those depend by what he can already do right now.

btw i'm pleasently surprised by inter's management approach to this situation. they're keeping a very smart profile on this matter, showing absolutely no urge to get rid of him, unless some clubs shows up with a crazy offer.
i didn't expect this from moratti and branca... and i'm really happy they're proving me wrong. :))

let's also keep in mind that mourinho isn't here anymore. that obviously won't turn mario into an angel. mario is the main responsible for his own dramas and mourinho's only fault was to react in a very bad way to mario's mistakes (although that was a pretty big fault aswell)...... but with another coach in charge, especially an easy going-low profile fella like rafa, things might turn out to be very different and handling mario might become much easier than it was last year, who knows?
and if that's the case, then holding mario in milano would be a great move from moratti and branca...... as it will be absolutely impossible to replace mario with another player who could provide what mario can. absolutely impossible.
zeem said:
He is surely not Kjaer replacement right?
no he won't. goian will take the starting cb spot left by kjaer, and play along with bovo. :))

Last edited:

Very ambitious Genoa. Chico from Almeria, Eduardo from Braga, Ranocchia from Bari and Toni from Bayern.

Yeah they are building well each season, hopefully they can mount more of a challenge this time round. Ranocchia was already their property though wasn't he? I thought Bari just co-owned him for a while and now Genoa bought the full contract?

It will really annoy me if Palermo or Lazio get Hernanes instead of Milan. He seems to be a good replacement for Seedorf.

It will really annoy me if Palermo or Lazio get Hernanes instead of Milan. He seems to be a good replacement for Seedorf.

We were after him last year but he was valued around 30 mill. Don't expect anything this year also. :( Our most creative player is about to leave for Flamengo and I hope we go for Ganso with that non-EU spot but that's just fantasy. We'll probably just end up with Mancini. :D

Cavani to Napoli is official it seems. Or is it a loan?

but with another coach in charge, especially an easy going-low profile fella like rafa, things might turn out to be very different and handling mario might become much easier than it was last year, who knows?

I see your point and agree but not with Rafa. He's not easy-going. He's pretty anal in fact and it's his way or the highway. The word stubborn definitely comes to mind. But yeah not as controversial or as loud-mouth as Mourinho running to press every second.

Nonetheless, I can't really see Rafa or Mario getting along that well either. They probably won't have as many problems as Jose and Mario had both being huge egotists but I don't think this would be a smooth relationship either.

Benitez has had his own share of problems with players and man-management abilities and that was with compatriots like Xabi Alonso and Riera and they're like angels and saints compared to Mario lol. I doubt he'll approve of Mario's attitude much but yeah Inter should keep him and only sell for a crazy offer and I think that's what will happen.

Last edited:

it's a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season of I think 16m? And what do you guys think will happen to Balotelli now? Lots of speculation surrounding him at the moment to Man City.

Cavani will be like Zarate's transfer I think. Payment over 4 years.

I think Balotelli will stay at Inter. I'd love a secret Milan bid :D

I see your point and agree but not with Rafa. He's not easy-going. He's pretty anal in fact and it's his way or the highway.

really?! i don't know why, but i always figured rafa as a very easy going person..... but then again, that feeling was merely based on the interviews he had with italian journalists (he speaks a pretty good italian).... so that obviously means nothing..... he might well be nice and easy going with the journalist... and at the same time show an anal charater with the players.
infact, on second thought, that would explain some issues he had with some players (like the ones u mentioned).
thanks for the info bro.
and yes, if rafa will assume a "my way or highway" approach with mario, things will get very complicated, as that's exactly how u shouldn'y relate to a player like mario.
----------------------------------------------------------------

as for cavani, yes the deal is official. it's a loan-purchase type of deal (wich means that at the end of this season, napoli will buy the player). napoli is gonna pay 17 million euros. 5 millions will be payed now (for the loan). the remaining 12 millions will be spread over the next 4 years (for the buy-back clause).

italian clubs often use theese type of deals, as they allow the clubs to afford big expenses without burdening too much the balance sheet (as the total ammount will be distributed over 4 different financial years.
---------------------------------------------------------------

stef, i don't think palermo will get hernanes..... he's a very well known player... he's been targeted by many richer\more powerful clubs than palermo. ;)
jumbo said:
Yeah they are building well each season, hopefully they can mount more of a challenge this time round. Ranocchia was already their property though wasn't he? I thought Bari just co-owned him for a while and now Genoa bought the full contract?
ranocchia is co-owned by inter and genoa. both clubs agreed to send the youngster in bari last season, so he could get the playtime he needs and deserves. :))

Last edited:

Thanks Ben, I was half right! :D
:DD you're wellcome mate. i think at the end of the season there's gonna be a WAR between genoa and inter to get "the other half of the player". both inter and genoa won't give up so easily.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

matt, i think it's still too early to say what's gonna happen with balotelli.
mancini sure would love to have him at city, and man city certainly has enough cash to get him..... i believe a lot will depend by mario. we just have to wait and see.
but as i said, i really like how branca and moratti are handling this situation. :))

btw Matt, are u in venezia right now? i hope u were at the "festa del redentore" yesterday. i was there this time last year and it was simply amazing! :))

Last edited:

Inter look like they will get 30-35 million for Balotelli and City deal looks done now according to the press. City are going Crazy. Ancelotti said he is confident they will get Dzeko also.

Real Madrid made a bid for Thiago Silva and he refused. We would have been screwed if he accepted.

It would really be a shame if he went there.
In three four years he will be soooooooo good !!!!!

hey guys, do you know when the fixture for the new season will be drawn? I want to book my vacation depending on the dates as I want to see Palermo live. :D

:DD you're wellcome mate. i think at the end of the season there's gonna be a WAR between genoa and inter to get "the other half of the player". both inter and genoa won't give up so easily.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

matt, i think it's still too early to say what's gonna happen with balotelli.
mancini sure would love to have him at city, and man city certainly has enough cash to get him..... i believe a lot will depend by mario. we just have to wait and see.
but as i said, i really like how branca and moratti are handling this situation. :))

btw Matt, are u in venezia right now? i hope u were at the "festa del redentore" yesterday. i was there this time last year and it was simply amazing! :))

Unfortunately I'm in Milano right now but going to Padova tomorrow by car! Will be in Venezia in August though. But I've heard quite a few things about la Festa del Redentore and the amazing fireworks!

ranocchia is co-owned by inter and genoa. both clubs agreed to send the youngster in bari last season, so he could get the playtime he needs and deserves. :))

I think it went something like this...

- Arezzo owned his full card
- Genoa purchased half his card and sent him on loan to Bari 2 years ago
- Genoa purchased the other half of his card and again loaned him to Bari 1 year ago
- Genoa called him back and are currently working a co-ownership deal with Inter where he will remain at Genoa next year and then move to Inter (apparently Sky is reporting the co-ownership deal is almost done now)

Back
Top Bottom