Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

I'm not interested :RANT:

:D
cheer up my friend. juve wasn't as bad as the result might suggest. palermo played pretty well, but we were also pretty lucky on several occasions...
i'm actually quite impressed by juve's display, u can already see some del neri's movements... and that's great coz we're still just in september and the team has a completely new shape. :))

Still they conceded many goals lately. 9 in 3 matches at home. I'd blame Storari for some of them. Did you see the FK from his angle? He just needed to lift his hand a bit which he didn't lift at all and he would have saved it easily but he can also have some great moments. Buffon could solve something when he comes back.

Damn fullbacks are becoming rare and Inter have 4 great ones.

:D
cheer up my friend. juve wasn't as bad as the result might suggest. palermo played pretty well, but we were also pretty lucky on several occasions...
i'm actually quite impressed by juve's display, u can already see some del neri's movements... and that's great coz we're still just in september and the team has a completely new shape. :))

Yeah I know. We actually started brightly, at least until you scored in the second minute :LOL:

I know what to expect from this team, the first half of the season will be tough for sure. I expect more continuity afterwards. Granted, after the Udinese match I had some more hope though.

That's the thing, every Juve fan I know (including myself) expected too much after the 4-0 result in Udine. Palermo's early goal gave them a huge advantage and they played very well especially their attacking players. I can't really complain but this is a growing Juve and as Dom said the first half of the season will be tough but the results will come.

However, I'm very still impressed at how Del Piero is performing right now as he nears 36 years old! He shows great determination and fitness and he deservedly got applauded off the pitch.

He seems to play quite often. We have a policy where Giggs and Scholes don't play two games a week but Del Piero seems to be playing every game these days for you guys, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bertolo left on loan Ben, maybe it was to accommodate one of the new non-eu players?

Yeah he went to Zaragoza for the season.

But I didn't think the non-EU thing would be a problem as he was already a Palermo player. I thought the rule was that you can only bring in 2 non-EU players each season, but there is no limit to the number in the squad? And also non-EU players already in Italy (or even Europe??) don't count, hence Roma was able to sign Adriano, both Burdisso's and Simplicio.

If that's the case then I guess Rossi just didn't have space in the squad for him.

Oh Pinigol(Mauricio Pinilla) How transformed he is!!

When he was at Hearts(my club) he looked a beast of a player with bucket loads of technique and would have pissed all over the SPL but got himself injured. The short spell of games he did play he was dazzling but the injury effected his mind. he'd get close to fitness then rupture his knee then get back after months of and broke his wrist in training:RANT: We had alot of turmoil at the club with the president firing managers and hiring his pals so Pinilla went off the rails when he needed assurances. He had a mental breakdown and the president Vladimir Romanov paid out of his own pocket him to get treatment for his depression and mental state in Spain.(probably felt responsable)

Some of the fans felt he was a wage theif and wanted him out as he'd been spotted in Chile partying and there was no way back then.

Most fans would kill for him to have a Hearts shirt on again as he seems to be the player now we could have gotten. He just came at the wrong time for him and the mess our club was in at the time!

Glad to see him playing so well and say he was a jambo!

I'm sure he'll do well at Palermo.

Last edited:

can someone explain to me why Morganti stopped Eto'o in the dying minutes after Juan tripped up over himself? I wish the reverse happened, we would see who romanista's would go crying to this time round. All in all, it was a dour game. No one deserved to go home with points although we were clearly the better team in the 1st half.

And yet another Pastore-Zidane comparison this week. He has his moments, a moment of brilliance here and there, flashy stuff, like that nutmeg of Chellini, but c'mon, his passing was half-decent, decision making was flawed although purposeful... Remember Pablo Aimar? Now there was brilliance. Unfortunately it was mismanaged and then cut short by injury. Anyway, I hope Pastore keeps his head down, gets on with his football, his well on his way but he hasn't arrived quite yet.

Oh, anyone catch Ibra poke one in with his nose today :LOL:

can someone explain to me why Morganti stopped Eto'o in the dying minutes after Juan tripped up over himself? I wish the reverse happened, we would see who romanista's would go crying to this time round. All in all, it was a dour game. No one deserved to go home with points although we were clearly the better team in the 1st half.

And yet another Pastore-Zidane comparison this week. He has his moments, a moment of brilliance here and there, flashy stuff, like that nutmeg of Chellini, but c'mon, his passing was half-decent, decision making was flawed although purposeful... Remember Pablo Aimar? Now there was brilliance. Unfortunately it was mismanaged and then cut short by injury. Anyway, I hope Pastore keeps his head down, gets on with his football, his well on his way but he hasn't arrived quite yet.

Oh, anyone catch Ibra poke one in with his nose today :LOL:

Aimar is not the same sort of enganche as Pastore. Pastore is a unique style of enganche that I've seen.

He's not making the comparisons either. It's other people like the Palermo president.

But he's improving nicely and we(Argentina fans) have very very high hopes for him.

I'm not one to usually get hyped up about talented youngsters, especially those that are media darlings and often always over-rated.

But Javier Pastore, I definitely am a fan and see a very bright future in! He's one of the very few players that the media does like to hype and for once, it's deserved and rightly so!

$15M? He's be a bargain for that! Sure, he's not as proven and as established as he could be, long way to go still and yeah sometimes like decision-making do need to be improved which is only natural considering his relative inexperience and youth still... but I have a LOT of faith in this kid.

I think he will be be one of if not the best player in the world in the next few years.

p.s. Watched some of the 1st half Milan vs. Genoa and honestly couldn't be bothered. Pretty boring stuff...

I thought Gattuso was awesome, which made me happy for him. I think he was feeling very unsure about his own capabilities over the last year, but yesterday, he was a fucking lion!

I think Pirlo was very poor and just doesn't work for our attempts to play faster. He would hold the ball and do his turns a thousand times and got tackled or allowed opposition back in position.

I think Stefano may have been very subtly referring to the beautiful women in Sicily! :D ? :P :LOL:
Oh, I can say something.. At least, I could until a year ago :COAT:

Juventus are shit. Milan are ooooooooooooold!
FORZA INTER! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! CHAMPIONS OF ITALY!
You're right. Let's celebrate Inter's greatness:
A GLASS OF MONTENEGRO FOR EVERYONE!!
bottiglia_032eng.png

I thought Gattuso was awesome, which made me happy for him. I think he was feeling very unsure about his own capabilities over the last year, but yesterday, he was a fucking lion!

I think Pirlo was very poor and just doesn't work for our attempts to play faster. He would hold the ball and do his turns a thousand times and got tackled or allowed opposition back in position.

Yeah even from the bits I saw, Gattuso was the best player on pitch. Working super hard like good ol' days, good passes... was impressed by him after a looong time.

He was a beast but the disappointing thing is he can't do it all the game anymore. He got really tired at 70'th minute or so. How did he used to do that twice a week? And what a selfish ass Flamini is. The game was far from settled and he keeps on shooting instead of passing and he is not good at it.

Matri keeps on scoring too! Been doing pretty well in recent months. Looks like he's turned into a fairly useful player.

How much does Sky Italia HD (i.e. showing all Italian Serie A matches) cost ? Including the card, the box etc etc ?

Cannot get it if you don't live in Italy. If you do, around 600 Euros per year

Does that include the box? I know you are not meant to get it outside of Italy, but if you are an Italian living in the UK (with family back in Italy) it should be possible.

Does that include the box? I know you are not meant to get it outside of Italy, but if you are an Italian living in the UK (with family back in Italy) it should be possible.

You can get it in the UK. You need to have an Italian address so they think that's where you're using it, then you just take the box and dish to the UK. I know people who do that and it works great. It's pretty pricey and is around €30 a month. They're doing a deal for a free HD box currently, but there is a one off sign up fee I think.

Last edited:

There are alternatives, but may not be in HD. Mediaset Premium is miles cheaper and covers the same games, but Europa League inclusive. There are websites where you pay around £300 a year and have access to all games on your computer or Blinkbox. The best thing of Mediaset Premium is the 'fan commentary'. Milan has Pellegatti - "TEMPESTA PERFETTA NESTA" :LOL:

e.g. http://www.tvitaliana.it/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom