Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

What is the picture quality like on those ? Would it be a bit pixelated if I fed it from the laptop to say a 40in TV ?

You can request a 3 day trial from that website, I only ever watched on my screen so I'm unsure about quality. Mediaset Premium is the equivalent of Freeview in the UK.

From what I've seen on Sky Italia, it shows every Serie A game, literally, even when there are 6-7 matches at 14:00 on the Sunday you can see which ever of them you want, is it the very same with media sat or will they just show one of those 14:00 games ?

(14:00 is Uk time, so I guess it's 15:00 in Italy)

I'm quite sure they show all, but not sure if they do an interactive channel. If you mean the channel where you can choose to watch any match and can see every goal thats scored in real time, its called DirettaGol. There also one where they just show every match and switch to a game where there's a good action. They also do it for CL, so you can see every goal and every action live. It's awesome stuff, you just press the green button and do what you want - including season overview.

Sky has a considerably higher price tag, but their coverage is awesome, so is their coverage of the Prem, Bundesliga and Liga. I absolutely love their commentators (Caressa, Bergomi and Compagnoni < He's the guy that goes RETE RETE RETE). If you get the full football package, you get ALOT of football.

Last edited:

with the complete sky italia package (wich means calcio + sport) u get:
every serie a match (i mean every match! all of em.)... all of them live and in hd

every champions league match (all of em) in hd

almost the entire premiership schedule (usually it's about 7 matches per week).... almost all of them live and all of them in hd

about 6\7 la liga matches every week (usually all of them live)... all of them in hd

about 5\6 bundi matches per week (all of them live and in hd)

about 2\3 russian league matches per week

about 2 mls matches every week

oh and u also get the domestic cups (copa del rey, carling cup and so on)

then, via sportitalia (wich is a non sky channel included in the sky sport package) u get some argentinian league matches, some liga sagres matches and some brasilerao matches every week).

then u also get nba, nfl, mlb, tennis (almost the entire atp schedule in hd). all the most important golf tournaments (in hd).

till 2 years ago sky italia used to cover ligue un aswell.... but now they swapped ligue un coverage for russian league coverage (no more ligue un for me :(( ).

u can also choose the audio for some events... for instance, all premiership matches have the italian and the english commentary..... but if u understand italian u will never choose the english commentary, as the italian football commentators are just on another planet.... massimo marianella, for instance, has an unbelievably deeper knowledge and understanding of english football than every english commentator and pundit i've ever heard in my life.
seriously u can't even imagine how big is the gap between the average italian commentator and pundit and their english counterparts.
edmundo said:
From what I've seen on Sky Italia, it shows every Serie A game, literally, even when there are 6-7 matches at 14:00 on the Sunday you can see which ever of them you want, is it the very same with media sat or will they just show one of those 14:00 games ?
u always get all the matches.... even when, in the last 3 weeks of the season, all the 10 matches are at the same time (sunday 3 pm).... sky covers all those 10 matches live and in hd.

Ben I have the full Sky Italia package and whenever I watch a Premier League game (every week) I can choose between "Lingua: Italiano or Altra" and the altra is a different commentator or the same. I can never get English commentary.

But Sky Italia is brilliant! It's not cheap but you definitely get a brilliant service with a fantastic coverage team.

And about Juve: MILOS KRASICCCCCC! Only thing that concerns me is that our defense is not concentrated and we continue to concede mediocre goals that should not be happening, Chiellini and Bonucci both know their errors and need to sort them out before the Inter game on October 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus that's incredible!

How much is that a month?

well to have the whole thing u need 2 packages: the sky sport package and the sky calcio package... the whole thing costs 47 euros per month.

u need both packages coz the calcio package (despite the name) doesn't cover every calcio event.... for instance if u get only the calcio package u only get to see 3 champions league matches for ever champions league day... only 5 serie a matches per week, only 3 premiership matches for week and so on...
with both the calcio and the sport packages instead u get the whole thing... plus all those other sports i mentioned before (nba, ncaa football, nfl, mlb, golf, hockey, wrestling, tennis and so on).

included in the 47 euros there's also the basic package. the basic package contains a huge load of non sport related channels (fox hd, fox crime hd, asn, fx, current tv, discovery channell hd, national geo hd and many more).
this basic package is kinda mandatory... as whichever package u wanna get, u also get the basic package with it.

i have the complete package (the cinema package, sport and calcio packages and the basic package), with a hd decoder/recorder with a huuuge hard disk (right now i have 20 football matches recorded on my hd and i still have a 60% of free space), plus the multivision (the multivision is an additional decoder sky hands u, so u can watch 2 different channels at the same time in 2 different rooms).....
and all of this for 68 euros per month

matt said:
Ben I have the full Sky Italia package and whenever I watch a Premier League game (every week) I can choose between "Lingua: Italiano or Altra" and the altra is a different commentator or the same. I can never get English commentary.
really? that's odd. i haven't heard a match with english commentary for a while now, but i used to till last season.....
... as i speak i'm checking out how the double audio thing goes with a rerun of the malaga villareal match, and as soon as i put it on "original language" it switches to the spanish commentary. :))

rfu said:
And yet another Pastore-Zidane comparison this week. He has his moments, a moment of brilliance here and there, flashy stuff, like that nutmeg of Chellini, but c'mon, his passing was half-decent, decision making was flawed although purposeful

nah, mate that's just not true... saying his passing game his half decent is pretty much as insane as pretending to compare him with zidane. and he's not about "flashy moments" either. he has those "flashy moments" (as u call em) almost every time he touches the ball.

i'm with u when u say it's ridiculous to compare a 20 years old player to a legend like zidane.... and i certainly wouldn't label a player as "world class" after just 1 season in european football.....
i also agree with u when u say he still has to improve his decision making..... rossi himself said javier still has a "narcisist" aproach to the game (meaning he still tends to go for the tricky move even when he should go for the easy play).... wich btw is absolutely normal given how young he is.

but there's no doubt he's a special player and, along with balotellli, arguably the best under 21 offensive player in europe today.

@ Kaiser: thanks for the info about pinilla mate. and yeah he used to be considered a very hot prospect as a youngster, but never really managed to show what he was about.... that until last season, when he litterally tore apart every opposition in serie b. i got to say i was very happy when we signed him:))

Last edited:

nah, mate that's just not true... saying his passing game his half decent is pretty much as insane as pretending to compare him with zidane.
Naah man, his passing was shit that game. Some moments i thought he was Juve player, it was that ridiculous :LOL: seriously, he has good ideas but the execution... You guys need to watch Coutinho, and I don't simply rate him because he is an Inter player, the guy is such quality and only 18. Watch how is able to thread an incisive pass through a congested defence, even lofted passes over the defence. He needs to bulk up though, and he tires rather quickly, but taking that into consideration, and that he was playing in Brazil's serie B only a season ago and that he is only 18... best thing about him is that he's learning quickly from Sneijder to collect and quickly release the ball with a quick accurate pass. Very impressive player and to think I wanted him to be loaned out first :P he's still a work-in-progress but if he maintains this level he will certainly leave Pastore in his wake. And don't get me started on Kagawa... Dortmund got him for like 300,000 euros, you can't even get a ferrari at that price :P He's simply quality, so impressive in the hole behind Barrios

and he's not about "flashy moments" either. he has those "flashy moments" (as u call em) almost every time he touches the ball.
Oh yeah, until he tries to pass it. Don't believe me, watch this vid, only his 2nd pass and he gives it away in a dangerous situation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cEs6KtdIuM

...and this was one of his better games, can you imagine how bad he is when he's not in form :OOOH: :LOL:

But lets be fair to Pastore, even ZZ didn't make a mark until he was in mid-20s. I think Pastore will turn out to be something special, but at present, he isn't head and shoulders above everyone else i.e. Ozil, Kagawa, Canales, Ganso (has anyone even watch this guy yet :SHOCK: phenomenal player)

Ooh, udinese-cesena, gotta go :PIG:

Did anyone see these photos from Eto'o's photoshoot?
http://www.gazzetta.it/gallery/Calcio/10-2010/eto/variabili-711318701262.shtml#1

It's from when he did this:
samueletoo_ap_95.jpg

My son is a huge Eto'o fan. Today at his match he scored a goal and went to a father who was taking pictures of the match. He asked his camera, but did not get it...well my son isn't Eto'o...

Does anybody thinks Barcelona misses Eto'o...i do.

Last edited:

Haha Gerd, that is awesome that he tried to mimic Eto'o! I'm a big fan of Eto'o and was quite sad when he moved to Inter. When he's required to, he sacrifices so much for the team. There were also many occasions where he tried to help Balotelli on and off the pitch.

Naah man, his passing was shit that game. Some moments i thought he was Juve player, it was that ridiculous :LOL: seriously, he has good ideas but the execution... You guys need to watch Coutinho, and I don't simply rate him because he is an Inter player, the guy is such quality and only 18. Watch how is able to thread an incisive pass through a congested defence, even lofted passes over the defence. He needs to bulk up though, and he tires rather quickly, but taking that into consideration, and that he was playing in Brazil's serie B only a season ago and that he is only 18... best thing about him is that he's learning quickly from Sneijder to collect and quickly release the ball with a quick accurate pass. Very impressive player and to think I wanted him to be loaned out first :P he's still a work-in-progress but if he maintains this level he will certainly leave Pastore in his wake. And don't get me started on Kagawa... Dortmund got him for like 300,000 euros, you can't even get a ferrari at that price :P He's simply quality, so impressive in the hole behind Barrios

Oh yeah, until he tries to pass it. Don't believe me, watch this vid, only his 2nd pass and he gives it away in a dangerous situation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cEs6KtdIuM

...and this was one of his better games, can you imagine how bad he is when he's not in form :OOOH: :LOL:

But lets be fair to Pastore, even ZZ didn't make a mark until he was in mid-20s. I think Pastore will turn out to be something special, but at present, he isn't head and shoulders above everyone else i.e. Ozil, Kagawa, Canales, Ganso (has anyone even watch this guy yet :SHOCK: phenomenal player)

Ooh, udinese-cesena, gotta go :PIG:

One of his better games ? Okay so he does give the ball away twice and his coach has told him he needs to improve that instead of tryingthe perfect ball every time.

He assisted again in the EL and was more than impressive against Lecce.

YouTube - Javier Pastore: Palermo Vs Lecce 2-2

Look at 3:57 for instance. If that isn't Zidanesque well.....

That partnership with Ilicic and Hernandez is progressing very nicely.

Naah man, his passing was shit that game.

oh so u were talking about the game against juve. if that's the case, yeah he was not up to his standards in that game... but to me it was his decision making which was poor, rather than his passing.
rfu said:
...and this was one of his better games, can you imagine how bad he is when he's not in form

:CONFUSE:
now i see why u don't rate him that high... u see that game was not "one of his best games".... that wasn't even an "average performance" or a "not so good performance" by pastore.

that game was actually the second worse performance ever by pastore..... ever since he came here in palermo. infact those comments from Rossi i mentioned a few days ago were referred precisely to that match.... he said those things i wrote during the post match interview....
a journalist made the same comment Albi did.... he said to rossi "oh come on! he was pretty decent, given he was playing against juventus in torino...... actually for a normal football player that would have been an awesome performance.... a 21 years old kid scoring a goal against juve... in torino".
and rossi replied that pastore is not a normal player. therefore his standards are different. what would be a good performance for any other player, isn't a good performance for him.

pastore himself admitted he wasn't at his best in the game against juve (wich is actually funny as most of the newspapers and media considered him the man of the match). he said his coach is right and that he feels lucky to have "at least one person who can give him an honest feedback about his performances and teach him to do better" (he was talking about rossi of course).

so, rather than posting dozens of vids about pastore, i'll just tell u that.
watch again that video, the very same video u posted... watch it once again, keeping in mind this was one of the worse performances by pastore since he joined palermo......
he scored the fist goal (the most important), he he connected beautifully with ilicic and cassani for the whole match with some very nice one twos triangulations, he hit a post.....
and that's a bad performance for him (!), as he usually does a lot better than this (that, according to his coach and pastore himself).

that'll give u a pretty good indication of what kind of player we're talking about here. take ozil for instance (another very nice youngster i rate very highly).... if ozil would have done what pastore did against juve, that would have been one of his best performances ever! that's how impressive javier is.

i mean, come on, we're talking about a kid who just turned 20 (1 year younger than mesut), who is about to become an unquestioned starter for argentina's national team in a few months! we're not talking about an average national team, we're not even talking about, say, italy, germany or france..... we're talking about argentina!!!

as i said days ago, i agree with u about those ridiculous comparisons, and i also agree with u about the fact he still got huge margin of improvement...... but i was kinda surprised to read u considering him a "15 millions" worthy player or reading u comparing him with the likes of ozil (who is a very nice player, but definitely not on the same level of javier)....

but now that i read u calling the juve performance as "one of pastore's best performance" i got my answer...... u just haven't seen enough of pastore yet. that explains everything. :))
milanista said:
Did anyone see these photos from Eto'o's photoshoot?
:D
i'm a huge fan of samuel too. seriously it's impossible not to admire this guy. world class player on the pitch.... and a fantastic human being off the pitch... and i'm not even talking about his very professional and low profile attitude (wich is already something remarkable, when u're such a top class fotball player).... i'm talking about the way he treats other people.. it could be fans, it could be journalists, it could be colleagues... he's always so nice, so gentle... he always has a kind word for everybody.
your son couldn't have picked a better "footballing role model" Gerd :))
--------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, fiorentina - palermo today.... after the europa league match, i just can't se the rosanero having a good performance or winning the match either :((

SAmuel Eto'o isn't the most professional player in the world or most kind/gentle soul or anything like that. He's not THAT professional. But I do like how recently he seems a lot more like it and sacrifices for team more, plays out of position, etc. Having reached a certain age, he's certainly matured. But I wouldn't want to praise him TOO much for off-field abilities/personality but of course no one can deny what an amazing player he is and has been. One of the best to hail from Africa ever for sure!

He's good but has had his troubles in the past too.

He's no Javier Zanetti, that's for sure.

"diabolic swerve" :LOL:

About Pastore, i'm with rfu. He's a bit overrated imo
who is about to become an unquestioned starter for argentina's national team in a few months! we're not talking about an average national team, we're not even talking about, say, italy, germany or france..... we're talking about argentina!!!
I'm not sure about that
Argentina is not better than Germany in any point, except in the number of superstars, Dont you remember the World Cup quarter finals?

São Paulo miss Hernanes so much ::((
YouTube - Lazio-Brescia 1-0 Mauri Goal - 6^ Giornata Serie A - 03.10.2010

mmm... and i suppose your comments about argentina and pastore have nothing to do with the fact you're brazilian... of course :P

anyway this whole overrated\underrated thing is kinda silly... i mean overrated by whom? he's definitely overrated by anyone who already consider him a world class player (but i don't really think anyone would be so silly to label such an unexperienced kid as a world class player anyway).

but when i describe javier as one of the 2\3 most impressive under 21 offensive players in the top leagues right now... well i REALLY don't think that's overrating him.
oh and btw... another great performance by him today.... and another goal :BOP:
---------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, moving to another topic....where the hell this ilicic kid came from??!!! :CONFUSE: i can't believe i never heard of him before palermo signed him.... talking about finding diamonds in the rough :))
PLF said:
He's good but has had his troubles in the past too.
really? sounds like u know something i don't..... are u referring to some specific episodes in samuel's carreer? i'm curious :))

as for pirlo's screamer, pelegatti said "con un tiro dal limite dell'area" ("shooting from the edge of the box")
.... is pelegatti blind? i'd rather say "shooting from the edge of the opposite box" :D

mmm... and i suppose your comments about argentina and pastore have nothing to do with the fact you're brazilian... of course :P
I really don't know what you mean :CONF:
Actually, i like Pastore, and Palermo. I'm considering buying his shirt. I have more 3 in mind too (all brazilians), so it's hard to decide for Pastore. :LOL:

I just disagree about that "Argentina > Germany, Italy and any other"

i was just kidding about the brazilian\argentinian thing mate ;) ..... althought there's always a bit of truth behind every joke :JAY:

however i wasn't ranking teams... at all! that was not my point (also because it's pretty much impossible to properly rate top class national teams and compare them).

u see, when i wrote
i mean, come on, we're talking about a kid who just turned 20 (1 year younger than mesut), who is about to become an unquestioned starter for argentina's national team in a few months! we're not talking about an average national team, we're not even talking about, say, italy, germany or france..... we're talking about argentina!!!
i was just implying that it's much harder to get a spot into the argentinian squad than into the german or italian and french.
that doesn't necessarily mean argentina has a better starting 11 or is a better team..... it just means that argentina has much, much more high quality choices than any other national team in the offensive department.
and i guess that's pretty much undebeatable.... i mean u could line u 2 or 3 different offensive setups with the argentinian players who didn't make it to the world cup..... and each of those "leftovers offensive lineups" would be "world class" nontheless.

i was just looking at the situation from pastore's point of view... i certainly wasn't trying to rank national teams.... i was just saying that, given the huge ammount of world class options, becoming an albiceleste player is a much more remarkable achievement than getting a spot in any other national team squad, that's it.
and that certainly doesn't mean that i think argentina has definitely a better team than any other national teams, as being a better team isn't just about having great players ;)

Last edited:

I really don't know what you mean :CONF:
Actually, i like Pastore, and Palermo. I'm considering buying his shirt. I have more 3 in mind too (all brazilians), so it's hard to decide for Pastore. :LOL:

I just disagree about that "Argentina > Germany, Italy and any other"

Eh ? The only reason the team crashed as it did was thanks to the clown in charge.

Who else would play two wingers in midfield ? And ignored all the advice given to him to change formation and nothwithstanding not selecting players like Banega and Zanetti ?

Did you watch the 4-1 demolition of Spain ?

Partisan ? Of course you are.

Anyway disregarding your ill informed nonsense Ilicic and Pastore are forming a formidable partnership for Palermo.

Great goal from Ilicic and nice 1-2 with Nocerino for Pastore:
YouTube - Fiorentina - Palermo 1 2 03/10/2010

Eh ? The only reason the team crashed as it did was thanks to the clown in charge.

Who else would play two wingers in midfield ? And ignored all the advice given to him to change formation and nothwithstanding not selecting players like Banega and Zanetti ?

Did you watch the 4-1 demolition of Spain ?

Partisan ? Of course you are.

Anyway disregarding your ill informed nonsense Ilicic and Pastore are forming a formidable partnership for Palermo.

Great goal from Ilicic and nice 1-2 with Nocerino for Pastore:
YouTube - Fiorentina - Palermo 1 2 03/10/2010

Pretty impressive (expecially Ilicic, but mostly because until a couple of months ago nobody knew him), but am I the only one who also got impressed by Sirigu?
Apart from the penaly, he made a couple of impressive, very Buffonesque, saves on Gilardino and Ljajic.
This guy is quality.

I've been rating Sirigu since last season - you can find my posts!

About Pastore - I think he's headed towards the right direction to be something special - he's showing early signs and is constantly growing. He seems like the typical creative number 10 (back when 4-4-2 diamonds were popular)... so a Rui Costa sorta guy. He's no superstar yet, so I think he still needs to stay discreet and play the way he plays, rather than get ahead of himself.

I've been rating Sirigu since last season - you can find my posts!

About Pastore - I think he's headed towards the right direction to be something special - he's showing early signs and is constantly growing. He seems like the typical creative number 10 (back when 4-4-2 diamonds were popular)... so a Rui Costa sorta guy. He's no superstar yet, so I think he still needs to stay discreet and play the way he plays, rather than get ahead of himself.

He's a very level headed guy (unlike a certain numpty called Mauro Zarate) . I don't think he rates himself at all and certainly is always willing to learn as he was at Huracan under Cappa and now at Palermo under Rossi.

Indeed he always makes comments how his coaches have improved him as a player.

I've seen many enganches touted as the next '10' for Argentina to fill a certain persons boots and I've never seen or rated one close to that aside from Javier.

Sirigu is sure to be selection material for the Azzurri in no time at all. Better than Marchetti in my opinion.

yeah javier is really level headed for his age.... it's almost as if all the hype around him had absolutely no effect on him.... i mean, a few weeks ago, right after the game against juve in torino (when he scored the first goal and hit the post), when the journalist asked him about the "MOM performance" he replied "man of the match? i really don't think so. i'm actually pretty disappointed by my performance, goal apart of course".
afterall even the fact that he chose to begin his european carreer in a little club like palermo instead of accepting man utd offer.... well that says a lot about him imo.

as for Sirigu, he's the MAN!!! :COOL:
best goalkeeper in serie a last season.... and that was his first season as a starter. and being the best performing keeper in this league is quite an achievement... especially if u consider the colleagues he simply outperformed last season (storari, castellazzi, julio cesar, frey, buffon, marchetti).
got a starting spot in italy's national team (until buffon recovers from his injury, of course) and showed a consistancy wich is simply out of this world for such a young keeper.

however he's still 23 and that's only his second season as a starter, so he still has to confirm himself.... if he keeps going like this, in 3 years he might be one of the greatests keepers in the world....... but right now he's just a very young keeper who had a STUNNING first season (and a great second season start so far).

he definitely is on the right path to become a monster, but, like pastore and hernandez, his carreer is still at the beginning.

he's been called by prandelli again. btw here are prandelli's callups
GK: Viviano (Bologna), Sirigu (Palermo), Mirante (Parma);
Defenders: Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa), Zambrotta (Milan), Gastaldello (Sampdoria), Bovo (Palermo), Antonelli (Parma);
Midfielders: Pirlo (Milan), De Rossi (Roma), Palombo (Sampdoria), Lazzari (Cagliari), Marchisio (Juventus), Mauri (Lazio), Pepe (Juventus);
Strikers: Borriello (Roma), Cassano (Sampdoria), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Rossi (Villarreal).

was hoping to see nocerino honestly.... seriously what an awesome midfielder nocerino has become.
but then again, it's hard to make it to the national team when u have to compete with the likes of de rossi and palombo for a spot.
for those who might be interested.... extended highlights of fiorentina-palermo :))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRSyP9HGkd0

Gilardino and Antonelli are out so Floccari and Molinaro take their place.

Zambrotta is back in again. He has been decent lately keeping it cool and laid back a bit but still why ahead of Antonini and Balzaretti who have been impressive?

Last edited:

Viviano and Mirante as the other goalies?

And what about Balzaretti, he could be there too.

Maybe that Cagliari forward should get a chance in a friendly as well.

Back
Top Bottom