Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Concerning your coaching, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful but still my guess was right, you are training very young kids (under 8) and it may sound harsh but at this age you can not take much credit for the actual coaching, probably you got really lucky with the kids you have in your team, they are just way ahead compared to the kids of the same age.

I completely agree. They are a bunch of talented kids and yes, they are not coachable at that age (although they do pick up technical skills quite easy and some kids really have vista). I don't consider myself the reason of their success (although i'm obviously proud).
I overreacted, for some reason i felt offended. I sometimes behave like an arsehole. I'm sorry.
About Ibrahimovic and Italy: perhaps you are right. Although i like Italian football a lot, i don't see it often. So i shouldn't have discussed this. I only see him in CL and he hardly ever convinces me in those matches...so it's possible that you are right.

I have to learn to react less dramatic...sorry to everybody in this thread.

Grazie Roma!

Yup! I've always been saying, this Milan side is very beatable. Their fixtures are only get harder from here on out. Us on the otherhand, the new WORLD CHAMPIONS, provided we get the necessary reinforcements in the January window, and minus any injuries, should be able to breeze on through the 2nd half of the season. Roma did it. Why can't we?? Forza Ragazzi!!!

InterWorldChampions-181210-pic24.jpg

Last edited:

Ronaldinho at Milan is over and I am not liking the way Allegri is treating him. Ok so the guy is gonna surely leave, why would you humiliate a world champion like that by putting him in the last 5 minutes every game, sometimes in stoppage time?

I am really liking Pirlo on the left. He is allowed to dribble more and cross more dangerously. Seedorf was soo crap when he replaced him last night.

And what's up with Borriello's hairstyle?

Last edited:

Lo Zio an off-topic question for you; Having lived in Lombardia and Veneto I've noticed how the people in Veneto like to 'Bestemia' much more than other regions in Italy! All my friends here continuously say things like "dio ****" etc and I find it hilarious! Even last night I was at a bar watching Milan v Roma and the amount of bestemie I heard was unimaginable! How are the people in Sicilia? I'm not religious at all so I find it quite entertaining!

(For the others 'Bestemia' is like blasphemy)

Anyway for Juve today, I almost went to go see the match in Verona which is about 45 minutes by car but the road conditions here are terrible with the ice. Anyway we have no Del Piero, Marchisio and Melo today which is a shame as the midfield has been excellent as of late. If we can win this match we will be very close to Milan and I'm going to be extremely optimistic this afternoon.

Forza Juve

Last edited:

Lo Zio an off-topic question for you; Having lived in Lombardia and Veneto I've noticed how the people in Veneto like to 'Bestemia' much more than other regions in Italy!
Mosconi anyone? :P
..se venite avanti ancora ve dò un punioooo!!

Oh well, I forgot:
Grazie Roma!
GRAZIE CHIEVO, TOO!!

Last edited:

Lazio v Udinese, great game and once again, Hernanes was brilliant. Im becoming a fan of him.

About yesterdays game i think the Lazio game came back to bite us in the arse.. What they felt sure was the same feeling i felt last afternoon... Pathetic subs from Del Neri, i hate it when managers do that, when they want to defend the score they start subbing in Defenders and when they want to attack they get every attack player on the bench and hope the odds go up just because of that.
In the end the only team that benefited from these results was Lazio. We should have won that game.. damn!

Last edited:

It was a good weekend for Napoli too, with them grabbing a 96th minute winner in the match of Southerners.

Seems like cassano is confirmes in Milan. Media speculatio or is this really true? Should i start to worry now?

Seems like cassano is confirmes in Milan. Media speculatio or is this really true? Should i start to worry now?

Confirmed by Berlusconi himself.

A bit odd. Thought Inter would have gone for him as they're currently playing underwhelming players like Pandev and Biabiany. Money's not an excuse this time, and Rafa is on his way out the door so his thoughts don't matter, must be that Moratti/Branca don't want to deal with Cassano's shit.

Not sure where he fits in at Milan. He's supposedly being brought in as a replacement for Pippo, but they're not really similar players. Even if Ronaldinho leaves as anticipated, he barely plays now and that's with Pato out, so it's not like he'll be taking Dinho's minutes as there's none there. Where will Cassano play when Pato is back?

My guess... he'll go to Milan but won't stay long. 6 months or a year later, he'll be off to La Viola... perhaps to replace a departing Mutu or something like that...

RIP Bearzot.
When i think about Italy's 1982 WC win, Il Meglio Gioventu comes to my mind.
That 1982 WC was arguably the best WC i've ever seen:

The intervention of the sheik in Quwait - France.
The shame match between West Germanny and Austria (which meant that a fantastic Algerian team did not progress).
Tele Santana's Brazil with Zico, Socrates and Eder (that goal against Scotland)
Hungary - El Salvador 11-1 (or 0).
Belgium beat Argentina in the opening match (with the most famous Maradonna photograph, which still pisses me off, because we bloody won that match).
Gentile against Maradonna and Zico in the second round.
The best and most controversial world cup match ever: West Germany - France (Battiston/Schumacher).
And of course Paolo Rossi, Marko Tardelli (the scream in the final), Bruno Conti (one of my all time favourites) and above all GAETANO SCIREA...the best central defender ever.

man, i can't even tell how sad i am for bearzot's departure. i was born in 1980, so i obviously didn't follow espana '82.... but, just like every italian of my age, i was "educated" about that breathetaking experience enzo and his players went through.

italian football journalists.... those very same journalists who ravaged on him, attacking him for being "different" for thinking outside the box, for trying to propose a different kind of football from catenaccio..... those very same journalists turned him into a hero over the last 28 years.

enzo never accepted that. he never let them use him to build a mediatic wave. and that's why he disappeared. not an appearance on tv, not an interview.... "u wanna do your thing? ok, there's nothing i can do to stop u from celebrating me, but don't count on me"
enzo simply couldn't stand that hypocritical approach coaches and journalists have today.

the night of the final, after the celebrations, once the santiago bernabeu was empty.... the fans gone, the players somewhere in madrid celebrating their victory... as mario sconcerti (an italian journalist) was leaving an empty stadium, he noticed a shadow in the night. mario thought he was alone in the stadium, but bearzot never left that stadium... he was still there, enjoying that moment on his own...
so mario approached enzo and asked him "so enzo, how does it feel to be on top of the world... ho does it feel to win a word cup against all odds, beating the strongest teams in the tournament? how does it feel to be praised by every journalist in italy after all that poison they threw on u?"

that wasn't a interview... just 2 friends talking in an empty stadium, while everyone was celebrating outside.

enzo replied: "lo vedi tutto il miele che mi stanno versando addosso? ebbene sappi che in questo miele io soffoco!"
a litteral rough translation might be "u see all the honey they're pouring over me. well, i'm choking in it".

pouring honey over someone (maybe "covering someone with honey" would be a more appropriate translation) is a saying that express gratitude and recognition. bearzot said he was drowning, choking into that honey to express how suffocating, how unbearable was for him all that "sudden" praise and hypocrisy.

he was an old style italian.... one of those kind of italians that people abroad don't even know.... u don't see many of them today. his dignity, his moral authority, his class is something very hard to find in any man (not just italian) today.
riposa in pace Enzo :)) u won't be forgiven
Bearzot_Pertini_pipa.jpg

matt said:
Lo Zio an off-topic question for you; Having lived in Lombardia and Veneto I've noticed how the people in Veneto like to 'Bestemia' much more than other regions in Italy! All my friends here continuously say things like "dio ****" etc and I find it hilarious! Even last night I was at a bar watching Milan v Roma and the amount of bestemie I heard was unimaginable! How are the people in Sicilia? I'm not religious at all so I find it quite entertaining!
yeah i noticed that too. i some regions people almost recurr to blasphemy as a common swear (certainly not in sicily though).
i got to be honest, i find it very disturbing. i can't say i'm much of a religious man myself.... i consider myself a christian, but most people who know me seem to disagree with that (most of my friends hardly consider me a cristian, nevermind a catholic cristian)....i still remember the priest litterally kicked me out of my catechism course as i was a little boy (u have to follow a 2 years cathechism course to have your "first communion")..... he told my mother i was having a "bad influence" on the other kids.....LOL!
and yet i don't think this is about being a religious man or not. when u do a blasphemy, when u insult God (it might be the cristian God or Allah or Buddha or any other divinity), u're mocking other people's beliefs....u're insulting someone who might or not exist... but who still represents the major moral authority and guidance to other people..... i honestly find this very sad.... sad and disturbing.
Gerd said:
And of course Paolo Rossi, Marko Tardelli (the scream in the final), Bruno Conti (one of my all time favourites) and above all GAETANO SCIREA...the best central defender ever.
man, what a team that was. all world class players.... all world class MEN! zoff, bergomi, cabrini, oriali, baresi, wierchowood, antognoni, causio.... and scirea (wich, i agree with u Gerd, was, along with baresi and beckembauer, the greatest central defender ever).
how many players with that same class, fair play and style could u mention today....del piero.... maldini.... javier zanetti.... raul.... and then? like i said talking about bearzot, people with this class are something very hard to find theese days.

i was about to write a few lines about benitez's unbelievable scene... about his absolute lack of any sort of class and about how much of a disappointment he turned out to be (and i'm not talking about the coach.... i'm talking about the man!)......
but honestly he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same post with bearzot, so i won't even bother.

Last edited:

Ronaldinho at Milan is over and I am not liking the way Allegri is treating him. Ok so the guy is gonna surely leave, why would you humiliate a world champion like that by putting him in the last 5 minutes every game, sometimes in stoppage time?

I am really liking Pirlo on the left. He is allowed to dribble more and cross more dangerously. Seedorf was soo crap when he replaced him last night.

And what's up with Borriello's hairstyle?
He has his reprise in the Brazilian squad now. But Allegri disrespected him badly by doing that. Anyway Allegri seems colder to his players than Leonardo... just look at the love he'll be giving to the inter players while I'm slowly sobbing :CRY:

its official, God hates inter. no other possible explanation.
If you get Leonardo, Inter will be loved!

Last edited:

Damn, Leonardo got the job! Can't wait what he has to say in his presentation. And what a derby this is going to be, especially if they end up getting Kaka also.

He has his reprise in the Brazilian squad now. But Allegri disrespected him badly by doing that. Anyway Allegri seems colder to his players than Leonardo... just look at the love he'll be giving to the inter players while I'm slowly sobbing :CRY:

He had a lot of influence on the Brazilians in Milan, being the one who got them and kinda their first friend in Milano. He might need time to kick things up with Inter.

sslaziovacmilanserieaps.jpg
sslazio.png

acmilanvcagliaricalcios.jpg

Last edited:

Can somebody explain me what's behind Italian transfer policy.

So Palermo sells Cavani who now rocks at Napoli and they get Maccarone who is 31 years old and doesn't have much future perspective.

Napoli gets Cavani and loans Quagliarella to Juve. They also loan Lucarelli from Parma who is 35 years old and who recently had an operation on his knee.

What's up with all the Striker rotation between the clubs?
Why just not keep Cavani at Palermo instead of buying an old player Maccarone?
Why not keep Quagliarella at Napoli instead of replacing him with Cavani?

I don't think it has much to do with any Italian transfer policy, they're each different situations.

Cavani seemed keen to move and Palermo will make 16mil from the transfer. Not sure how much Palermo paid for Macca, but it couldn't have been much, so it's not really a question of Cavani vs Macca. It's a question of Cavani vs Macca and 15mil. Plus with Pinilla, Hernandez, Pastore, Ilicic, etc, they could afford to sell Cavani as they have lots of young talented players who can score goals.

Quagliarella was never really at his best with Napoli IMO. Cavani has been fantastic for them. If Juve make the signing permanent, it will cost them 15mil (the loan fee plus the redemption fee), so Napoli is basically breaking even money-wise, but they're getting a striker who can score goals much more consistently than Quagliarella ever could.

Agreed, Vasilios. Also, Maccarone was signed as a bench striker, so they don't need someone really young and good to substitute Cavani.

Last edited:

WTF? Inter want Maldini to work with Leonardo. Seriously? Leonardo must really have it at Berlusconi but spare the fans mate. You'll be the most hated man in Milan history if you pull this and Kaka.

He will probably play his 4-2-1-3 but with much better full backs than Milan and with 2 defensive minded midfielders instead of a Pirlo which really didn't work. I think it might work well and he gets to play Mancini again who was a great success with him at Milan. :D

The top 4 will be very interesting at the end of the year. Lazio are on an amazing run and it doesn't seem they will lose the spot. Napoli are putting a great fight but have been really lucky. Almost all their goals are in the final minutes.

Last edited:

So how are the Milan fans feelings towards Leonardo then? Same goes for Inter fans having a somewhat Milan Legend as your manager.

That is certainly surprising, I wouldn't have expected Benitez to leave so soon. I mean, almost all of the Starting 11 from last year have been injured, so Rafa had to make due with the resources he had. Would any other coach be able to deal with the Inter situation any differently? I wonder where he'll go.

What's up with Rolando Bianchi? Two or three seasons ago he was like a promising young striker and he was linked with many big clubs.

Seems that he got it wrong when choosing manc city.

hello everybody! hope you guys had some nice holydays! :))
what a rotten luck about quaglia Dom! he was having a great season.... really a shame. i don't really understand the toni signing though... i mean quaglia isn't a prima punta (CF), he's a seconda punta (SP)... toni certainly can't provide juve what quaglia can....... to be brutally fair, i'm afraid toni couldn't even provide what a proper CF shoud theese days.. sure he's gonna be cheap... and sure, there weren't many other available options on the market at this time of the season.... but i still don't understand this move.
ilfenomeno said:
Can somebody explain me what's behind Italian transfer policy.
So Palermo sells Cavani who now rocks at Napoli and they get Maccarone who is 31 years old and doesn't have much future perspective.
Napoli gets Cavani and loans Quagliarella to Juve. They also loan Lucarelli from Parma who is 35 years old and who recently had an operation on his knee.

What's up with all the Striker rotation between the clubs?
Why just not keep Cavani at Palermo instead of buying an old player Maccarone?
Why not keep Quagliarella at Napoli instead of replacing him with Cavani?
vasilios' post is spot on mate.
cavani was sold coz he wanted to leave this summer. last season abel hernandez emerged as one of the most interesting under 20 in serie a. he had some truly outstanding performances and gained consistence and confidence as the season unfolded. in july cavani knew he wasn't gonna be an unquestioned starter anymore in palermo, so he asked to be sold.
sadly hernandez got a serious injury and missed the entire first half of this season (he's just coming back right now).... but since we also bought pinilla, i can't really complain.
maccarone wasn't bought to take cavani's place. hernandez was supposed to take cavani's place. maccarone was supposed to become our backup....then we bought pinilla.
now that hernandez is coming back, he's gonna battle pinilla for the starting spot, while maccarone will remain a 3rd pick backup.

napoli sold quagliarella coz juve made them a pretty good offer. as vassilios pointed out, quagliarella didn't really shine in napoli (never play for the club u support!)....
it seems to me this was a great move for everyone. quagliarella has been doing extremely well in torino so far, while cavani simply can't stop scoring in napoli.
as for palermo, we made 16 millions out of cavani's transfer..... and (much more important), cavani's departure brought us to sign one of the most impressive youngsters in europe so far (ilicic).
tc811 said:
That is certainly surprising, I wouldn't have expected Benitez to leave so soon. I mean, almost all of the Starting 11 from last year have been injured, so Rafa had to make due with the resources he had. Would any other coach be able to deal with the Inter situation any differently?
you see, rafa wasn't fired because of inter's poor results. moratti himself made it very clear that the reason why he had to sack rafa was his histerical and absolutely inexscusable rant after the club world cup final.
rafa's laughable ultimatum to moratti left moratti with no other choices really.
i still can't believe rafa was so unimmaginably stupid to make those comments and not expect to be fired for them..... and when i say i can't believe it, i really mean it..... infact (since no man in his mind would ever be that stupid) i believe he did it on purpose to get the sack........ and if liverpool or any other club will hire him in the next month, my guess my prove to be right.
anyway, there's really no saving rafa... if he didn't do it on purpose, then he must be one of the stupidest men on earth.... if he did that on purpose, then that was the most classless "exit strategy" ever.
i'm sorry to say that, as i'm always been an admirer of rafa, be he completely lost my respect with this move.

odiboni said:
What's up with Rolando Bianchi? Two or three seasons ago he was like a promising young striker and he was linked with many big clubs.

Seems that he got it wrong when choosing manc city.
yeah, he really seemed to be on his way to become a great forward. the man city move probably wasn't a smart choice in hindsight.... but i don't think things would have gone differently if he had rejected man city offer and accepted napoli's offer..... i think he just wasn't that good afterall.... maybe those 2 great seasons he had in reggina were just a very long "form streak", who knows?

great result by palermo yesterday... scoring 3 goals against the best defence in the league. hopefully that will shut zamparini's mouth for a while. i can't believe he had the guts to criticize rossi after the bari game.... what an idiot!!

Last edited:

WTF? Inter want Maldini to work with Leonardo. Seriously? Leonardo must really have it at Berlusconi but spare the fans mate. You'll be the most hated man in Milan history if you pull this and Kaka.

I don't really remember you offered to Leonardo the chance he deserved as a coach, nor the last match a legend as Maldini should have had btw ...

Buffon is fully fit right? I don't know what is going on. Are Juve about to sell him or are they doing this to make him lower his wage?

Storari injured his shoulder so it would be interesting to see if Del Neri chooses Buffon or Manninger.

Melo is another issue to deal with. Agnelli should do something about this guy. He is a monster with no mind at all. You think he would have wanted to redeem himself and then he shows he can't be put faith in at all. To think with the money they paid for him they could have got Dzeko who is ending up at City, eventhough he did one last call for Juve after City and his club agreed a fee. I really thought Juve should have sacrificed for this guy.

I don't really remember you offered to Leonardo the chance he deserved as a coach, nor the last match a legend as Maldini should have had btw ...

I agree with you on the Leonardo part. Appointing him after Ancelotti, Kaka, and Maldini and getting him players like Mancini and Beckham to reinforce the team wasn’t really fair compared to what Allegri has now but Milan were balancing the books and then his personality collided badly with the president. It really showed in his last interview.

Anyway, I completely understand Leonardo on what he did as a professional by choosing Inter and he seems to have got the team back on track mentally very quickly I must say. Instant impact by Leonardo.

Last edited:

I agree most of all about the last match the legend Maldini should have had.
But maybe i missed something.

To be fair though, the Maldini issue was to do with around 100 people out of a 50,000 Milan crowd. We love Maldini. He is still my captain, even if he's retired. My first ever Milan jersey was his, with long sleeves. He was a gentleman of a player and was a true leader, except his red card against Ancona in 2003 where him and Bilica got sent off for punching each other. His departure from Milan was unfortunate because of a bunch of assholes, but his final game for us was away to Fiorentina, and the Milan fans that were there (also the Viola fans, fair play), treated him like an emperor and applauded him for ages.

I don't really get the hate towards Leo. He was a player that stayed with us for a while, but I never saw him as a totem like Kaka or Albertini, but more as a family friend. He's now a manager that wants what's best for him without leaving Milano, so Inter was the best choice. I think he'll become a successful manager, but mainly because he has great connections, rather than pure ability.

But Paolo, he'll never join Inter, he has far too many ties to the club, where as Leo broke all ties after being sacked by Berlusconi. I think it was the right decision to get rid of him. The problem with him was that he was too romantic with his attacking play - he assumed we could be like Barcelona and just play attacking football. The problem was that we had no funds, mediocre youth players and lack of depth. This showed in many of our games. It was even worse when he tried to recycle Oddo as center back rather than play people like Bonera, which is the major difference between him and Allegri. The fact that Strasser scored just means so much to us and also highlights how we have changed in terms of mentality, depth and strategy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom