Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Gerd, although gasperini is definitely a good call for a top club like inter, we got to keep in mind gaspa is a prandelli-esque kinda coach. u can't hire him in the middle of the season, as he will fail miserably. u gotta give him full power from early summer, allow him to build his team without interfering and then let him do his magic.

besides i can't help thinking it would be unfair to sack rafa now (or in jannuary). let's see what he will do once this injury crisis will end first. like rfu, i also believe inter will inevitably bounce back in jannuary\febbruary (although it will probably be to late to join the scudetto race). i think rafa deserves at least one full season at inter.

Dominic, Buffa (an amazing italian journalist) made a great analisys of milan's current football and of pirlo's position. long story short, he said revolutions always come with a prize. and the new pirlo\seedorf role is that prize. their new position reflects the compromise allegri found to give his midfield the right balance. and afterall pirlo has already proven his versatility several times in his carreer.

ilfenomeno said:
And.. Juventus has by far the best middlefield in the Seria A: Aquilani, Melo, Krasic, Marchisio. The problem about Juve is that they don't have strong forwards
i don't know if that's the best midfield in serie a, but sure they're doing great. i also agree with u about the fowards point. what a shame amauri had such an involution.... i can't even imagine how terrifying this juve side would be with the "palermo-version" amauri...... that sort of forward would be just perfect for this team..... oh well.
but yeah benzema would be great aswell..... and i have a feeling marotta also agrees with us.
afterall that's how this rebuilding project was meant to unfold itself from day one..... this summer marotta put the foundations of the team..... from now on juventus will start working on those foundations. they will invest their money on less signings. only 2,3 new players for each transfer window...but they will be high profile signings (just like benzema, for instance).

Zeem it would be great if that cunt of cassano would suddenly find out that no clun in italy wants him.... oh that would be just great!
btw rfu, u really want cassano at inter? u couldn't even put up with balotelli's crap till a few months ago! honestly i wouldn't want him in palermo.... not even for free.

There will always be a club interested in Cassano. Somehow i have a feeling he will end up at Genoa. But that's only a silly feeling...

Is Parma v Fiorentina likely to be a match worth watching tonight?

coppa italia matches are never worth watching mate. for italian clubs the domestic cup is pretty much like europa league.... absolutely worthless.... italian clubs tend to display their worse, more effortless performances in coppa italia.
i don't even watch palermo matches in coppa italia... just to give you an idea of how appalling they usually are :P
gerd said:
There will always be a club interested in Cassano. Somehow i have a feeling he will end up at Genoa. But that's only a silly feeling...
yeah, you're right... but one can always dream... anyway genoa is definitely a "no go" for cassano. the fans wouldn't want him... and probably he wouldn't want to switch side either.

Messi had a better WC than Sneijder.
Whaaaa... sure he's more talented, more entertaining to watch with his runs, flicks and tricks, etc... but Sneijder made a difference when it counted. 5 goals from midfield, assists up the ass... remember this is not about talent, its about performance over the course of the year. Sneijder performed better Messi last season and in the WC... MEssi is just a better overall player.

And if you take goals in considering, then why not think about Milito for the Ballon D'or?
It could be argued that he did next to nothing in the WC which is in fact true. But still, he should've been shortlisted ahead of Rooney and Gyan... But Sneiper getting omitted... that's just blasphemous!!! Name a single player in the history of football who has had a more successful season!! Should've won that blast UEFA Super Cup then it would've been sorted.

Rumoured it will be Capello. He'll pay up his contract with the FA and move on.

Rafa could return to Spain perhaps Sevilla.
Yeah, Sevilla are doing dreadful this season. But that's because they've overachieved over recent years. We shouldn't expect too much from them. But IMO benito is going no where. He hasn't been given much of a chance as yet but we'll see.

btw rfu, u really want cassano at inter? u couldn't even put up with balotelli's crap till a few months ago! honestly i wouldn't want him in palermo.... not even for free.
But that's just it, he would be available for free... he's worth it IMO. I don't think his behavior has been that bad of late, its just that Samp have tolerated his bullshit for so long, and 5 years later they feel they've had enough. Cassano for us is a temporary solution. We'll put up with his shit for 1-2 seasons then bring in Aguero :)

Last edited:

Guys, could you please advise me torrent tracker where I can download all SERIE A matches? In Russia I can only see matches with top-clubs, but I really need watching games of Bologna, Bari, Parma etc.
Some trackers are closed (Footy torrents) and I don't know anybody can give me invite.

Guys, i have a funny feeling that Inter will loose the final of the WC for clubs.
They have to play the African champions: TP Mazembe from the democratic republoc of Congo. This team is from Lubumbashi and has a very rich owner who succeeds in atracting the best players of the continent...their star player (Tresor Mputu) isn't even playing because he has a long term ban after a karate style kick to a referee who wanted to send him off.

Will Tout Puissant Mazembe be the end for Raffa with Inter??? I hope i can see this match, as i'm a big fan of African football...

Guys, i have a funny feeling that Inter will loose the final of the WC for clubs.
They have to play the African champions: TP Mazembe from the democratic republoc of Congo. This team is from Lubumbashi and has a very rich owner who succeeds in atracting the best players of the continent...
as an african (kenya), i'm very partial to TP Mazembe, but I'm also a diehard interista... :CONF: Fuck it, I could go either way, may the best team win, but I really don't see Inter losing this one. Yes, we are capable of some monumental fuck ups but to lose to TP Mazmebe :CONFUSE: So long as we're organized and compact in midfield/defence, there should be no problems. Oh, and what's that?? Yet another injury :SHOCK: This only happens to Inter, no one else, for some reason, only us.

Last edited:

Lo Zio sorry i wasn't here but i saw your reply back there, about our opinion about Milan, Juve and such. Well imo Juve really is getting their fighting spirit back, last year we would concede a goal and get "depressed" sometimes let the guard down and face the inevitable defeat. Now its a different story and the game against Lazio was the confirmation of this new attitude. We finally have a solid team with good options, a defence that is finally gelling and an attack that is just brilliant, yet i don't like our side backs and we lack a proper striker since Quag really isn't a prima punta (thnz back there lo zio for that great "Italian" position post ;)) and since Iaquinta isn't really the kind of starter we need and Amauri, well he just isn't consistent on his performances, i think we should invest in some1 to start upfront. About the sidebacks, Motta really isn't fitting in, grygera, i don't even know what happened to him lol, Grosso is just a pain to see. Only one i kinda sympathized was De Ceglie, young but seems like a great option. Still i would love to steal from your Palermo your 2 guys lo zio. :P hehe

Overall, Del Neri, despite the shaky start, is really giving the whole squad a new spirit and the team not only is winning but also is playing very well which was the issue last season.

as an african (kenya), i'm very partial to TP Mazembe, but I'm also a diehard interista... :CONF: Fuck it, I could go either way, may the best team win, but I really don't see Inter losing this one. Yes, we are capable of some monumental fuck ups but to lose to TP Mazmebe :CONFUSE: So long as we're organized and compact in midfield/defence, there should be no problems. Oh, and what's that?? Yet another injury :SHOCK: This only happens to Inter, no one else, for some reason, only us.

Maybe the rumors about Benitez's training regime are true...?

Who said Italians take the Europa League seriously?

Juventus vs Manchester City. Attendance: 6,992 :SHOCK:

Unfortunately, despite such a low turnout there was still some racist chants towards Vieira.

I have my worries about this. Maldini and Costacurta prevented his move in the past for a reason.

Sampdoria Star Antonio Cassano Agrees Sensational Milan Move - Report

According to Sky Sport 24, the 28-year-old will be moving to via Turati on a full-ownership deal, and not on a loan as first suspected.

Cassano is set to sign a contract until 2014, earning €3.5 million a season plus bonuses. Sampdoria are also to pay Real Madrid - Cassano's former club - a figure of approximately €5m for having onsold the striker prior to his contract expiring.

its official, God hates inter. no other possible explanation.

Cassano- Berlusconi: that fits.
How long before they will have trouble over a babe (note: not a woman, a babe).
If i see Milan's transfers it's a miracle that they are top of the league: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho and now Cassano. If i was a coach i would not want a single one of these players, yet Milan have them all together and are doing well. I'm stunned.

I think Allegri can handle his ego. I'm not against this signing because of attitude, I'm against it because we clearly need a backup to Zlatan - Cassano doesn't offer those qualities.

Cassano- Berlusconi: that fits.
How long before they will have trouble over a babe (note: not a woman, a babe).
If i see Milan's transfers it's a miracle that they are top of the league: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho and now Cassano. If i was a coach i would not want a single one of these players, yet Milan have them all together and are doing well. I'm stunned.

I guess this is one of many reasons why you are not a coach. Ibrahimovic is the reason why Milan has chances to win the Scudetto this season. Ibra makes and brakes Milan, all the other talk about how Pirlo plays another position and how it makes an impact..it is just not true. Let Ibra go and Milan will sack. No matter where Ibra played in Italy, he always won the Scudetto: Juve, Inter, Milan. It's not a coincidence, Ibra just makes the difference.

As a matter of fact i am a coach...my team has lost one single match in 3 seasons. So you could argument that i am a success coach (but i know better myself).
Of course i don't coach at the highest level, i'm a youth coach.
Nothing says that those clubs would not have won a scudetto with another player. I'm not impressed by Ibrahimovic. IMO he still hasn't proven anything at the highest level (CL or with Sweden in a major tournament). He is a player of moments...sometimes moments of astonishing genius, but still, a player of moments.
His karate kick against a young team mate says it all IMO...but that is only my opinion.

As a matter of fact i am a coach...my team has lost one single match in 3 seasons. So you could argument that i am a success coach (but i know better myself).
Of course i don't coach at the highest level, i'm a youth coach.
Nothing says that those clubs would not have won a scudetto with another player. I'm not impressed by Ibrahimovic. IMO he still hasn't proven anything at the highest level (CL or with Sweden in a major tournament). He is a player of moments...sometimes moments of astonishing genius, but still, a player of moments.
His karate kick against a young team mate says it all IMO...but that is only my opinion.

At first you say: "If I was a coach". If by this you ment: "If I was a coach of AC Milan" then my answer would be: "This is one of many reasons why you are not a coach of AC Milan." I wouldn't rely too much on the fact that you are a youth coach, in most cases you can just try calling few local football teams and you get to be a coach in one of them, the fact that you are so successfull just says that you play in a very low division or you train very very young players or both. So the fact that you are a succesfull youth coach doesn't do this discussion any good. It's nice that you make a social contribution by training those youngsters and making them better people, it's a good thing to do, kudos for that but I doubt this really makes you competent in things like transfer policy of AC Milan.

Besides you are clearly biased towards Ibra, I am not. To be honest I just stated the obvious, Milan without Ibra = no Scudetto, same as Inter and Juve. As a coach you should know that player personality plays a huge role in the group, Ibra has the mentality of a winner, he pushes the team and the team goes with him. This is why Boateng begins to score, this is why Robinho scores and this is why Ronaldinho warms the bench and makes jokes about Ibra.

I think Allegri can handle his ego. I'm not against this signing because of attitude, I'm against it because we clearly need a backup to Zlatan - Cassano doesn't offer those qualities.

I think we'll still get a striker. Someone like Floro Flores. Cassano is just a cheaper alternative for Ronaldinho. He gets less than half of what Ronaldinho gets and is 2 years younger. Dinho will absolutely leave in January. Milan might get a transfer fee also.

I am not sure how Allegri will handle him. It will start out well but then he starts to be subed and will not be included in some matches and then it begins. Allegri has his limits. Ronnie and Robinho sit on the bench but don't cause trouble, don't know about Cassano. I hope this incident with Garrone has changed him but his history sais wherever he goes, he causes trouble. Our management must have studied this well.

Last edited:

Besides you are clearly biased towards Ibra, I am not. To be honest I just stated the obvious, Milan without Ibra = no Scudetto, same as Inter and Juve. As a coach you should know that player personality plays a huge role in the group, Ibra has the mentality of a winner, he pushes the team and the team goes with him. This is why Boateng begins to score, this is why Robinho scores and this is why Ronaldinho warms the bench and makes jokes about Ibra.

You mean like last year, when Inter had no Ibrahimovic... they didn't do at all well in Serie A, Champions League or Coppa Italia, did they?

You mean like last year, when Inter had no Ibrahimovic... they didn't do at all well in Serie A, Champions League or Coppa Italia, did they?

I didn't mean that if a team doesn't have Ibra, it can't win titels, I meant: as long as Ibra playes in Italy, the club where he plays will win the Scudetto.

Last edited:

Zeem said:
am not sure how Allegri will handle him. It will start out well but then he starts to be subed and will not be included in some matches and then it begins. Allegri has his limits. Ronnie and Robinho sit on the bench but don't cause trouble, don't know about Cassano. I hope this incident with Garrone has changed him but his history sais wherever he goes, he causes trouble.
that's the point, mate. cassano has already changed. before joining samp he was an endless source of troubles, while in his sampdoria span he caused one major trouble per season.... that's as civilized as cassano can get. and imo he's not worth it.
3 millions might seem cheap, but truth to be told, it isn't. fiorentina spends those 3 millions to pay montolivo, jovetic and vargas wages.... juventus spends less than 3 millions to pay krasic and marchisio's wages..... and i'm not even gonna tell u what managements like sampdoria's palermo's or udinese's can do with those 3 millions..... actually not, i am gonna tell u.
samp: pazzini (1.5 millions) + palombo (1.5) udinese: di natale (1.2), sanchez (0.7), inler (0.6) and asamoah (0.5). palermo: balzaretti, cassani, pastore, pinilla, hernandez, ilicic and sirigu......7 players.... 7 pretty awesome players... almost a starting 11..... yet all their wages put together add up to precisely 3 millions euros.

talent-wise, cassano would certainly be worth those money.... but talent isn't everything.
and i don't think allegri, as much as any other coach in the world, could handle cassano.... coz, u see, the problem is cassano himself..... he's just too stupid to make his own interests, and that makes him pretty much hopeless.
his talent isn't worth the troubles he will cause to the dressing room......... and that is something we can't say about ibra. Gerd, as much as i can't stand ibra, we got to admit, he's never caused any major dramas in his clubs... and he's one of the very few players in the world who can change the flow of a match on his own.
i think ibra is pretty much like cristiano ronaldo. they're both the kind of persons u just love to hate.... and as human beings, they're probably classless divas.... but they're smart enough to act professionally, they're clever enough to make their own interest and not cause any major troubles to their clubs......
and since they're also both unbelievably good at their job, they're well worth they money they cost.
Lo Zio sorry i wasn't here but i saw your reply back there, about our opinion about Milan, Juve and such. Well imo Juve really is getting their fighting spirit back, last year we would concede a goal and get "depressed" sometimes let the guard down and face the inevitable defeat. Now its a different story and the game against Lazio was the confirmation of this new attitude. We finally have a solid team with good options, a defence that is finally gelling and an attack that is just brilliant, yet i don't like our side backs and we lack a proper striker since Quag really isn't a prima punta (thnz back there lo zio for that great "Italian" position post ;)) and since Iaquinta isn't really the kind of starter we need and Amauri, well he just isn't consistent on his performances, i think we should invest in some1 to start upfront. About the sidebacks, Motta really isn't fitting in, grygera, i don't even know what happened to him lol, Grosso is just a pain to see. Only one i kinda sympathized was De Ceglie, young but seems like a great option. Still i would love to steal from your Palermo your 2 guys lo zio. :P hehe

Overall, Del Neri, despite the shaky start, is really giving the whole squad a new spirit and the team not only is winning but also is playing very well which was the issue last season.
very good points mate. i completely agree with u. quagliarella isn't a prima punta indeed.... and i'm confident juve will sign a high profile prima punta very soon (if not in jannuary, they'll definitely do it next summer).
as for motta, i really don't know what's happened to him..... that's just not the motta i know... i truly hope he won't turn out to be another "dossena" (by that i mean another sideback who did brilliantly for 3 seasons and then failed at his first chance in a top club).
as for cassani and balzaretti... get your hands off them! :P
come to think of it, both balza and cassani are actually former juve players... that's quite a coincidence :D
milanista said:
Maybe the rumors about Benitez's training regime are true...?
what rumours stef? :))

@ Faruk: sorry mate, but living in italy i get tv access to serie a games, so i don't really know anything about serie a torrents... besides i'm not sure we're allowed to talk about torrents in this forum (are we?).
anyway wellcome to the serie a thread..... and let me congratulate with u for your avatar choice. u got a great taste mate... tuco is one of my all time favourite movie carachters! :WORSHIP:

Last edited:

Il fenomeno, you really can be very pedantic from time to time.
Of course what i'm saying is not the gospel. But if you believe that those clubs are only successfull because Zlatan plays for them, than you are utterly wrong.

As for my coaching, thank you very much. Last season my youth team was the best team in Belgium, the year before that they were the second best. I've been asked to coach youth at first division clubs and my team has beaten Ajax' under 8 team with a very big score. So please don't treat me like a totally ignorant.
It's obvious i'm not Milan's coach, but i have a feeling that neither are you...sorry for this reaction but IMO you showed a lack of respect in your reply.
Ibrahimovic has his moments of genius, but i'm not convinced. I have nothing against him (i don't like Ronaldo, but i admit that he is an absolute world class player and can decide matches at the highest level all by himself...Zlatan still has to prove that...his CL record speaks for itself. The fact that Barcelona let him go also should ring a bell).

Ibrahimovic has his moments of genius, but i'm not convinced. I have nothing against him (i don't like Ronaldo, but i admit that he is an absolute world class player and can decide matches at the highest level all by himself...Zlatan still has to prove that...his CL record speaks for itself. The fact that Barcelona let him go also should ring a bell).
i gotta disagree on that Gerd. cassano is the kind of player who has moments of genius. ibrahimovic instead is one of the most consistents forwards in europe... and he has been that consistant for many years now.
as for barcelona letting him go... they did it because guardiola was looking for a different kind of striker. and btw in his barca span, despite not playing in a system that really suits him, he still managed to score 22 goals in 46 matches (wich is by all means a good record)... and also provided loads of assists.
like i said, i really don't like him as a person (although my opinion of him might be wrong, as i obviously don't really know him in person), but, just like the likes of cristiano ronaldo and messi, he is a God at what he does.

Last edited:

Il fenomeno, you really can be very pedantic from time to time.
Of course what i'm saying is not the gospel. But if you believe that those clubs are only successfull because Zlatan plays for them, than you are utterly wrong.

As for my coaching, thank you very much. Last season my youth team was the best team in Belgium, the year before that they were the second best. I've been asked to coach youth at first division clubs and my team has beaten Ajax' under 8 team with a very big score. So please don't treat me like a totally ignorant.
It's obvious i'm not Milan's coach, but i have a feeling that neither are you...sorry for this reaction but IMO you showed a lack of respect in your reply.

Sometimes you need to be precise, because discussion can go so far from the actual discussion point that you easily get lost.

Our main argument here is that you wouldn't sign Ibra if you were @Milan and I said that Ibra actually makes the difference for Milan. We weren't talking about Ibra's Cl achievements, we weren't talking whether Ibra is world class or whether he needs to prove more. My main point is that Ibra is the reason why Milan will win Scudetto this season.

Concerning your coaching, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful but still my guess was right, you are training very young kids (under 8) and it may sound harsh but at this age you can not take much credit for the actual coaching, probably you got really lucky with the kids you have in your team, they are just way ahead compared to the kids of the same age. Your main credit here though is that you were able not to blockade their potential, those kids play for you to their full abilities and this says a lot about you as a person, which I truly respect.

Back
Top Bottom