Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

kanoutè said:
what was wrong with Serie A today? five of six matches finished goalless (congrats to Bologna - the only team managed to score ) and that's really rare to me.
indeed this really was a crazy week! i can't tell for sure, but i believe many records were beated this week.
has there ever been a week with 5 draws in serie a?
has there ever been a week with 5 0-0?
has there ever been a week with less goals than 14?
if i had to guess, i'd say that not even in the "dark age of catenaccio" (70s and 80s) we saw such results. i'm actually quite curious about it.
bebo said:
come backs always seem to hurt more ! Lazio is that the famous Eagle from the Roman Empire or is that Hollywood history commentators saying they haven`t won vs Roma over 2,000 years . Jesus was 12 at the time I think
:LOL: btw , that's a nice trivia for u guys. do u know who was the last lazio coach to guide the biancocelesti to a win in the roman derby?? (i mean until sunday)
little help? take a look at my avatar and make an educated guess :SMOKIN:

sorry for the double post, but the first one was already long enough as it was and i didn't wanna mix different topics of conversation :))

Last edited:

Yup last one was Delio Rossi and I'm curious about those stats too. I doubt all those things together have happened before.

p.s. I hadn't realized, Inter bought Andrea Poli this summer!

And it's amazing that Palombo is playing in Serie B, isn't it?

yep. it is amazing indeed. after the sampdoria's loss against palermo last season (the match that sentenced samp to serie b), palombo went to the fans in the curvas (both curvas) to apologise and take full responsibility for sampdoria's debacle. he later said he thought it was his obligation as team captain to go in front of the curva and take his fair share of booes and insults for disappointing his fans......
little he knew the fans applauded him for being such a stand up guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNd_uvy5Vw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRTUqKU0rI
he decided to to do what del piero did and stayed with his team even in serie b.

respect. :WORSHIP: to both palombo and sampdoria fans!
PLF said:
Yup last one was Delio Rossi and I'm curious about those stats too. I doubt all those things together have happened before.
i just did a quick search on wikipedia. apparently those 3 things together never happened before in serie a's history.
in the 1979/1980 season there were 7 draws in the same day. but they weren't goalless draws

That sounds about right and yeah I remember that last match against Palermo and how we went up to the fans.

Of course in Juve's case, it wasn't just Del Piero but also Nedved, Buffon and some others!

So it seems official, this is Del Piero's final season!

Also - I remember watching that Palombo thing live, great thing to do and it really makes you feel warm inside.

Welp, posting after a long time just to say that the sudden 0-0 explosion is just casual.

The actual games were pretty entertaining, lot of posts and stuff.

Is weird since just a week ago all italian newspapers were bragging on how the goal rate had increased since the last 5 years in this season and now they go on "how Serie A is boring if compared to EPL and Bundesliga".

The Palombo thing touched me too, i felt bad for him after the game. It must be really hard to start the season in Champions League and end with a relegation after getting your two best players sold.

About Palermo... Sorry zio, but it looked like Milan was actually playing against its youth team. It was a long time since I saw a more unbalanced game in a professional league that wasn't La Liga.

So it seems official, this is Del Piero's final season!

Did you see what they did with him yesterday?! This is just too hard to see.

Lecce-Milan in a few. Lecce I hear have been quite bad at home and Milan haven't been able to beat them at their ground for like a decade now.

Last edited:

Yepes, Ambrosini, and van Bommel have been awful. Too slow midfield and defence. Lecce deserve it.

What happened to Del Piero last night??

He didn't start. Conte had him warming up for 25 minutes to then put him on in the 90'th minute. Fans were chanting his name all the time.

Non-existent penalty and a massive defensive fuck up for the 3rd goal. 4 chances 3 goals (including non-existent penalty). Now they play the countering game.

I think we can still turn this around.

The way Agnelli told that it's Del Pierro's last is totally classless and without style. This guy is a monument, you don't announce his retitement at a meeting og actionaries...and that for somebody who wants to do things in style...outrageous.

unledcsx.jpg

:LOL:

Even livescore goes crazy :P

I love Galliani. He's definitely Milan's biggest fan. He's refrained himself in the last few years, but inside, he just wants to explode. :LOL:

Yesterday, I went to a Oi! gig.
Today, I watched Ac Milan.

Useless to say I never felt so phisically tired as I am now. Also voiceless, bloody hell.

WTF just happen there , man they bring me crazy what a match what a happines on first halr , beating Milan 3-0 was just like a dream but when I wake up we lose 4-3 what a nightmare , at the last City made my day , i love watching scum utd losing like that !

Back
Top Bottom