Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Nocerino scored a hatrick last night! I can't see anyone kicking him out of the starting formation now. He played all the games since he came.

Any reasonable reason that came out on why you sold him for soo low Ben? I hate it when ambitious midclass teams lose important players like that, even if they end up at Milan. It's feels unfair.

About Palermo... Sorry zio, but it looked like Milan was actually playing against its youth team. It was a long time since I saw a more unbalanced game in a professional league that wasn't La Liga.

yeah... we were really "off" that day. it was like we never entered the pitch. we're nowhere near as good as we used to be till last season... but to be fair, we're also not as bad as we looked like during the milan game :))
the same goes for lecce. they're actually a much better team than they looked like against milan. lecce gave me a very good impression yesterday.... if only they had a proper striker....
gerd said:
The way Agnelli told that it's Del Pierro's last is totally classless and without style. This guy is a monument, you don't announce his retitement at a meeting og actionaries...and that for somebody who wants to do things in style...outrageous.
indeed angelli's behaviour was awful in that circumstance. everyone (media included) remarked how classless and how disrespectful to del piero andrea agnelli has been.
to be quite honest, after 1 year as juventus president, we can definitely say that the only "classy" thing about andrea agnelli is his second name. we all had big expectations on him (me included) precisely because he is an agnelli, but with his actions he made it very clear that the only thing he shares with the great Gianni Agnelli is blood.
i guess classiness is not genetic.
zeem said:
Nocerino scored a hatrick last night! I can't see anyone kicking him out of the starting formation now. He played all the games since he came.

Any reasonable reason that came out on why you sold him for soo low Ben? I hate it when ambitious midclass teams lose important players like that, even if they end up at Milan. It's feels unfair.
i told u he would have become a starter straight away ;)
about his transfer pricetag, his contract was about to expire, so there was no room for negotiation really. we could have sold him this summer for a few bucks, or hold him for a few months and then watch him leaving for free next season.

Montella as Catania boss.

Seems like Catania is the place for players who've recently retired trying their luck at management! They seem very willing to give jobs to untested, unproven, new managers who were good players.

Let's see how this one works out...

Honestly, I don't know what has happened to me but I saw myself rooting for Juve tonight albeit having a slight sympathy for Inter. Maybe is just me wanting a sleeping giant to wake up and back to his own place.

La Vecchia Signora è tornata.

Well Napoli seems to have a big motivation to win against big teams (they will beat Juventus, too imo) but whem it comes to smaller ones they have just too much toleration or rather I guess their bench suck.

An awesome display again:)) Strong, resilient defending, and intelligent attacking play.

The tactics exploited Inter's lack of width repeatedly, with Lichsteiner being free regularly. He played a part in both goals.

A beautiful winning goal from Principino as well. I'm glad he's playing in a midfield 3, as he's scoring the goals I always thought he was capable of in this midfield system.

+11 on Inter, it's just like 1994-2006 all over again :BOP:

PS: Bonucci came of age lastnight, what a performance by the young man.

C_3_Media_1366453_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

FORZA JUVE!!!

So we're starting to see signs of what the teams to beat are this year. Milan - Juve duel, like the old days. Inter still in post-Mourinho meltdown.

I'm not so sure Milanista. I'm looking for a wide-open league with the likes of Napoli, Lazio and Udinese challenging for Lo Scudetto.

So we're starting to see signs of what the teams to beat are this year. Milan - Juve duel, like the old days. Inter still in post-Mourinho meltdown.

I think same like u , I see a duel between Juve and Milan (but I HOPE Juve win it) ,

just look at this , Mourinho maybe won something with Chelsea/Inter but the team is infect with virus they need all new bloody to see "light" again coz for them there will be always darknes , Chelsea its not going to win anything in next 10 years same as inter lol

Today Lecce play home vs Novara I think just a win can save Di Francesco from losing hes job , wish Zeman back one day but seems that its just a dream !

Strong performance by Juve yesterday.
Conte behaves like a complete idiot on the side line. Ridiculous.

Strong performance by Juve yesterday.
Conte behaves like a complete idiot on the side line. Ridiculous.

Why? Because he's constantly coaching and interacting with his players albeit in a passionate way? To label this as "ridiculous" is a bit harsh and certainly didn't expect this from you Gerd.
I am all for it, especially when I see so many managers sitting at the sidelines thinking; "well, I did all I could, here's to hoping"

Well Napoli seems to have a big motivation to win against big teams (they will beat Juventus, too imo) but whem it comes to smaller ones they have just too much toleration or rather I guess their bench suck.
actually their bench is very good. sure they don't have the depth and quality some european top clubs can count on (obviously), but they have much better backup options than any other midclass club (and dare i say, also than some italian top clubs). zuniga is an excellent backup as he can play on both sides (one might argue he could actually battle with dossena for a starting spot). britos is a very good cb backup and rinaudo is a decent option. at midfield there are dzemaili and donadel, who might well be starters in most serie a midclass clubs (and that is saying a lot!). in attack mascara and pandev are very good options too (i'm not really sure about lucarelli instead).

so it's not about the quality of their bench... i think your first guess is more correct. when u get used to play big matches against top clubs, u just won't be able to motivate yourself enough against lesser opponents. i believe this is a step in that growth process that can turn a midclass club into a top club..... when u get to the point that no matter who you're playing against, u still mantain the same mindset and concentration, that's when u know u moved to the next level.
also keep in mind that they're facing champions league football for the first time, so they're supposed to lose several silly points during the season.

actually i'm curious to hear your opinion on napoli's season so far guys. coz i honestly think they've been amazing so far.... yet mario sconcerti (big time italian journalist) said this week that he feels they're underachieving. he actually said "they have 1 point less than last season at this point in time, so, it almost looks like their transfer campaign moves haven't paid off at all"

i was very surprised by sconcerti's thought.... it's like he naturally expected them to repeat last season's performances, without even considering the huge additional challenge represented by european midweek games.
only 1 point less than last season is an outstanding achievement to me, especially if u consider how much effort they've put into champions league matches.
i honestly didn't expect this from napoli this season. i expected them to disappoint in champions league and to have a very bad serie a season. instead so far they showed huge personality and confidence and managed to hold on to the top five in serie a, despite having to play in the toughest champions league group...... and all of this with cavani having a bad form period. that is sensational imo.
as for the loss against catania, keep in mind catania are a very nice team with a very promising coach (montella is seriously impressing me). catania already had some very good results so far (1-1 vs lazio; 2-2 vs fiorentina; 1-1 vs juve; and they beated inter). they're gonna be a tough opponent for every team this season.:))
I'm not so sure Milanista. I'm looking for a wide-open league with the likes of Napoli, Lazio and Udinese challenging for Lo Scudetto.
i think eventually it's gonna come down to juve and milan... but those 3 teams u mentioned are gonna be in the race aswell.... until the very end of the season... so who knows :))
juveboy said:
A beautiful winning goal from Principino as well. I'm glad he's playing in a midfield 3, as he's scoring the goals I always thought he was capable of in this midfield system.
what a fantastic player he is. i've always been a fan of him. ever since his very first season in serie a :))
i was absolutely shocked this summer, when i heard those rumours about juve considering the possibility to trade him. if marchisio were in my team i would NEVER let him go. ever.

Last edited:

actually i'm curious to hear your opinion on napoli's season so far guys. coz i honestly think they've been amazing so far.... yet mario sconcerti (big time italian journalist) said this week that he feels they're underachieving. he actually said "they have 1 point less than last season at this point in time, so, it almost looks like their transfer campaign moves haven't paid off at all"

i was very surprised by sconcerti's thought.... it's like he naturally expected them to repeat last season's performances, without even considering the huge additional challenge represented by european midweek games.
only 1 point less than last season is an outstanding achievement to me, especially if u consider how much effort they've put into champions league matches.

I think they are doing well, when you consider they have European football, and what is the hardest group any Italian team has had in the Champions League, it's a good performance so far. They are playing very attacking football, and if you look at the teams they've beaten in Serie A (Milan, Udinese, Inter admittedly they are a shadow of the team 1-2 years ago) then they are putting away big teams. I still wouldn't rule them out of the title yet. If they beat Juventus on Sunday and then Lazio at home in the next match they will probably only be 1 or 2 points from the top.

Next week
Milan - Catania
Napoli - Juve
Lazio - Parma
Udinese - Siena

After
Napoli - Lazio
Juve - Palermo
Parma - Udinese
Milan - Fiorentina

Then after that there is Lazio - Juve so by the end of November the table will be clearer. If Napoli win their next two matches they will back near the top.

I kinda agree with Gerd, regarding Conte. He's what we would call in Dutch a 'aansteller.' I can't find a translation that perfectly describes it as the the Dutch word does, but I guess a mix of a show-off and crybaby? Having said that, I think it works quite infectously for the fans and the players. His true strength lies in his demanding and uncompromising attitude though.

What Dom said. So I don't like him but I respect him.

In regards to Napoli, yeah I agree with what Edmundo said, I think they can be a serious title challenger (Not as sure about Lazio and even less sure about Udinese). WE'll find out though and yah I'm with Ben on fact that 1 point less is hardly underachieving. If anything given the circumstances, a good solid start which can be built upon.

Wow! The Cassano situation got me by surprise today. After hearing Allegri and Galliani, it seemed he will be out of the hospital quickly but now it's looking much more serious and will be a while before he gets back on the pitch. Get well soon Antonio!

Yeah still early to judge Napoli. However, they have well exceeded expectations in the CL.

Get well soon Cassano. Heart problem means heart surgery and sidelined from 4-6 months. I was really worried for him, as was most of Italian football. Nice to see fans, players and celebrities all supporting him after his collapse.

Now G.Rossi and Cassano are out for the next 6 months, Super Mario has his chance to show off to Prandelli.

Very sad news for Cassano and right when his career was hitting its best phase. :( Do players really comeback after heart surgery? De la Red said he would but in the end the obvious happened, it will be hard for the heart to handle the pressure. Hope Cassano returns though. Also, Gattuso is having an eye problem that may force him to retire. Difficult time for these players.

:LOL: at the Leonardo video. He might still be having issues from that night till now.

Last edited:

Kanu had heart surgery back in the 1990s (when he was at Inter). I think it was some sort of valve insertion. He came back and played a few games for Inter before going to Arsenal and is still playing now.

I think one of the major issues players might have is getting medical / life insurance if they have cardiac problems. Most players and clubs have insurance on their players to protect their value (for the club) and their wages (for the player). I'm not sure if companies will underwrite this cost if there is a cardiac issue, even if it's been resolved. Cassano is probably insured so if he retired now he could walk away with say 1-2 years worth of wages. But if plays on he might invalidate this insurance. In that case he could play uninsured (where he will have no financial protection if has another problem and needs to retire after that) or he could try and agree new insurance (which would probably cost a lot more in terms of weekly premium).

Oh freaking great news!! Fiorentina sacked Mihajlovic and I hired Delio Rossi. Viola gonna win Serie A next season! :BOP:

Awesome news!!! :D

Now I'm looking forward to La Viola again!!

Since Prandelli's been gone, there hasn't been much good news for the men from Florence but now they will hopefully be back among the top teams again! Slowly but surely...

Well, there is a transfer window in january Dominic...i don't know if Fiorentina are a rich club or in dire straits, but if they have moeny they can buy players.
During summer they showed interest in Jelle Vossen, but Vossen doesn't have his best season at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom