Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Pato on sale? had massive hopes for him back when he joined, wonder were he'll end up? Chelsea possibly.

I've just heard Philip Auclair explain why PSG will never be an economic success in a city that doesn't care much about football. PSG is a dead born baby according to him.

If one should invest plenty of money in a French football club it had to be either Olympique Lyonnais or (even more) L'OM. But due to the chaotic structure L'OM is unsellable. If Pato goes to PSG he is making a mistake...

They may not make revenue but they are attracting the fans. I read a report that said the attendance in the stadium increased from an average of 22,000 last season to something like 40,000 or a little less this season and shirt sales have grown by 180%. Mostly Pastore and the anticipated Beckham arrival.

Beckham will not transfer now as Ancelotti demanded the move doesn't go through but these figures will get better and more fans will be attracted if they get names like Kaka,Pato,...

The other thing is, well the citizens of central areas of Paris might not be that interested in football (and even then this assertion of Auclair is hard to prove, though I think he might be right) - there are certainly big areas of suburban Paris (and the Ile de France region) where football is very popular. For instance from what I've seen in Paris in places like Noisy and around the Marne (eastern) and to the north around Saint Ouen football as a game is very popular. A lot of talented footballers have come from the estates of La Courneuve players like Gouffran, Matt Mousillou. Maybe a lot of people from these places cannot afford to go to many games but there certainly is the appitite for football in the suburbs.

Today Lecce vs Juve , 2 my fav teams of Serie a but Lecce com 1st so i hope for one positive result today even if its hard , we need to start good 2012 if we want to fight for serie a even if I start to lose a bit hope for that , whatever I hope to see a good football today

FORZA LECCE

The other thing is, well the citizens of central areas of Paris might not be that interested in football (and even then this assertion of Auclair is hard to prove, though I think he might be right) - there are certainly big areas of suburban Paris (and the Ile de France region) where football is very popular. For instance from what I've seen in Paris in places like Noisy and around the Marne (eastern) and to the north around Saint Ouen football as a game is very popular. A lot of talented footballers have come from the estates of La Courneuve players like Gouffran, Matt Mousillou. Maybe a lot of people from these places cannot afford to go to many games but there certainly is the appitite for football in the suburbs.

u're 100% right about that edmundo. besides, ever since its birth, PSG has never really been "paris" football team.... (and when i say "paris" i mean paris' central area) but that really means nothing, as PSG always had its fans and followers

No word about Palermo fans applauding Cavani for his superb goal? Great fair play by them. Vasquez looks like a better version of Brienza, but Palermo couldn't handle Napoli. The team has talent, you can see it, but all this change is surely unsettling.

Anyway, derby week. FORZA MILAN. I think it will be a cracker of a game.

Also, Inter, take Tevez. I'd rather we spend £25m for a defensive midfielder, leftback and center back. Bring back Paloschi or sign someone else.

Ben! Happy Birthday man, don't know if you check the birthday thread so here it goes.

I've been gone of football threads, but that's cause I ain't watching it unless its a huge game, my free time has been about video games and even more work :CONFUSE: working more at home than at work to be honest.

It's your birthday?! Happy Birthday Ben!! Hope all's well amigo!

Happy birthday Ben, my father in law has the same birthday as you (if your birthday is January the 10th).
And yes the fact that Palermo fans applauded Cavani is a nice gesture in a world where there is not enough fair-play, style and class.

Huge thanks to Abate now the Scudetto fight gets even more interesting. What a silly mistake. :D This win will absolutely buy some confidence for Inter.

what a great football it really was :)

first LECCE won away vs Fiorentina and they keep alive my hope for Serie a , really good performance by Lecce so hope we win next @Via Del Mare and continua this good performance and stay in serie a

after Arsenal lose that made my happy too as well

Inter won vs Milan who i hate much , all thought i dont care much for inter but i was happy they won it

and just now i see result Barca vs Betis its 2-2 hope for one draw there too ,

God cant be better than this tho ! :D

yeah 4-2 now i see on livescore as i dont watch theyr matchs anymore :)

well most important was Lecce won 3 important points :)

also inter win was great , I believe if they buy tevez they can win serie a , they need a guy like tevez

oh and Milan wrong to dont sell Pato , I believe Silvio know this and as much as he love money i was surprise he dont sell him for price than can be around 40 m and im sure if there wasnt barbara now we can easy see Pato playing for PSG

yep, agree with you on this. with the addition of money coming from Pato transfer they could have convinced Arabs and would have an always-fighting player like Tevez who imo could easily suit to Serie A's style. also being considerably less selfish than Pato, he'd be a hell of an addition to the team imho.

First time I was supporting Inter in the Milan derby for a while. :P

For a team that once fielded Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa and Kaka in the same midfield, that was perhaps one of the most functional and unimaginative midfields I've ever seen Milan put out.

what a great football it really was :)

first LECCE won away vs Fiorentina and they keep alive my hope for Serie a , really good performance by Lecce so hope we win next @Via Del Mare and continua this good performance and stay in serie a

after Arsenal lose that made my happy too as well

Inter won vs Milan who i hate much , all thought i dont care much for inter but i was happy they won it

and just now i see result Barca vs Betis its 2-2 hope for one draw there too ,

God cant be better than this tho ! :D

Silly boy. You were the one that was crucifying me in the Liverpool thread because i clearly "hated" some player or other (don't even remember who or what). I was baffled by your post, now i understand...

How can you hate a football team? I really feel for you. Is the way you are watching football? Hoping that this or that team looses matches?

How can you enjoy it...i watch matches hoping for a good match, even if this includes my favourite team to get beaten...

Ben! Happy Birthday man, don't know if you check the birthday thread so here it goes.

I've been gone of football threads, but that's cause I ain't watching it unless its a huge game, my free time has been about video games and even more work :CONFUSE: working more at home than at work to be honest.
man sauce, we haven't talked in ages!! it's nice to hear from u again and thanks for the happy birthday wishes.
anyway bro, if u work on your free time, u gotta work on your priorities!! ;) besides even if u don't follow football as much as u used to, it's always nice to have some football related chat in here. even i hardly follow any football at all theese days (not even serie a) but still i try to pop in here when i got the chance.
i hope to see u more often in here :))

Sina, Gerd, thanks to u too :BEER: and yes Gerd, my birthday is on the 10th of jannuary.... wich is a great month to be born in.... i'm sure Sina agrees with me on this one :P (btw, happy belated birthday Sina.... it was the 1st jannuary, right?) :))
milanista said:
No word about Palermo fans applauding Cavani for his superb goal? Great fair play by them. Vasquez looks like a better version of Brienza, but Palermo couldn't handle Napoli. The team has talent, you can see it, but all this change is surely unsettling.
well it's quite common for palermo fans... i don't wanna brag about it (i don't like it when i hear people saying their club has "the best fanbase"..as i find such remarks quite silly), but in the last decade or so, palermo fans earned a great reputation in terms of class and fair play..... and i could mention several episodes to back up this statement, but i guess u guys already know them :))

as for palermo having talent.... u sure about that? coz honestly this seems to me a very poor team.... probably one of the least talented in the entire league. our defence is pretty good and our attack is decent, but our midfield is just atrocious. i could think of some relegation contenders team (like lecce, siena and cesena) which have a much more talented midfield than palermo. :((

Last edited:

Silly boy. You were the one that was crucifying me in the Liverpool thread because i clearly "hated" some player or other (don't even remember who or what). I was baffled by your post, now i understand...

How can you hate a football team? I really feel for you. Is the way you are watching football? Hoping that this or that team looses matches?

How can you enjoy it...i watch matches hoping for a good match, even if this includes my favourite team to get beaten...

u dont understand , u can hate one team and one player thats not my problem i had with u , just u cant say its "bad" for one player/team that u hate , hate its other but when u talk about it u have to be real , I hate ibrahimovic but i dont say pazini its better than him coz its not , so u call some players better than Gerrard when they arent even near Gerrard thats bad way to do no mater u hate him u have to be real about his capacity

I watch football for enjoy too but have teams that i hate they politic and way to do so thats my hate and i dont even care about those teams I dont watch them coz at the last its not one job i have , I watch who I like and who i enjoy so i can pick who to like who to dont like its my right at the last ;)

5piwb5.jpg

I thought the ref was flawless in his decision making in the Milan derby. I would of love to see more goals . Does anyone else think Emanuelson n Robinho looked like twins...seriously thought Robinho was playing then I saw Robinho coming on , I was like....whoa! :THINK:

I thought the ref was flawless in his decision making in the Milan derby. I would of love to see more goals . Does anyone else think Emanuelson n Robinho looked like twins...seriously thought Robinho was playing then I saw Robinho coming on , I was like....whoa! :THINK:

:LOL:

Not much to say about this derby. Inter defended well and scored on their 2nd shot of the whole match. We lacked creativity, but without Cassano, Aquilani or Seedorf (flu) available, it's hard to create, especially since there was always at least 7-8 Inter players in the box.

Van Bommel was complete class this game. I salute his performance, as I am one of his biggest critics and haters, and if you look over the last 5 years on EW, I always slate him for being dirty and overrated. I still dislike him, but his performance and ambition on Sunday was something I only see in Thiago Silva.

Anyway, thought Emanuelson, Pato and Thiago Silva had very solid games, especially Pato with his explosive moves. Zlatan was triple marked for every aerial ball and when he was in the box, hard for him to do anything. When he found space, he created 3 of our most dangerous chances.

I thought Prince was awful, and it really shows that his best skill is opening up space and supporting Ibra in attacks when Ibra is holding the ball.

About the goal, when you give a perfect finisher like Milito a 1 v 1, he'll almost always score. Abate was unlucky, and I say unlucky rather than criticise him, because he's one of the few on the team that really feels the derby. He's come through the youth and is a true Milanista, and for most parts of the game, he was running like mad. He also came out to apologise straight after the game.

Anyway, this Milan isn't world class yet. We're definitely better than Leo's Milan in terms of structure, but this team doesn't click. The derby was the kind of game that required a trequartista to crack the defense, a la Kaka. Ancelotti's style of football would've won this game. He knew how to win ugly, remember the Mancini v Ancelotti days where we'd win when Inter played outstandingly? (1-0 where Kaladze scored a dodgy goal). The wrong players feel too important, and the ones that should feel like important players don't. By this I mean Boateng and Ibra feeling as if they deserve better treatment. I truly believe Pato needs the team's confidence. His explosiveness is only found in a few players, Messi, Ronaldo etc.... so we need to harness rather than make him feel like 2nd or 3rd best.

Last edited:

You did.... but he came on late on, because of his flu. He was meant to start.

In fact, apart from a crazy long shot, he was totally off as he kept losing concentration and losing the ball.

What a slow month in this thread! :D

Well a month ago we were critisizing Juventus for announcing Del Piero's retirement and now pops Maldini with an interview saying Milan don't want him at the club. Talk about a slap in the face. There is so much hidden behind the curtains around this story and would like to hear what you guys think cause it really hit me by surprise. I thought he wanted the time off but apparently he was refusing Chelsea and PSG until something at Milan came up.

Maybe Madini hasn't the abilities for the job he wants to do with Milan (because i gather he won't come back as a player). It's not because one is a legendary player that one automatically has the right abilities to do other things...

Spetaccolo a Roma!!!

What a first half. I'm really enjoying Luis Enrique's character in interviews and enjoying his Roma as they start to click. In some games they've been hitting up to 70% possession!

I saw the Juve match , You just knew Juve was going to score they kept charging the attack.

Back
Top Bottom