Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

it's a tricky thing with Pato. He is a young and very talented player and all the fans love him for some great moments but the injuries have finally affected him mentally and you can see that on the pitch. Just imagine the frustration he must have had being out every game he plays.

Even according to some Gazzetta journalist, Pato has become an outsider at Milan. His teammates don't consider him in the group anymore which is really sad. I think it all went down for him when Ibrahimovic came. Ibra is the boss. Even Allegri said it: "Last year Gattuso was the leader, now it is Ibra." Add to that the whole Barbara thing which sure affected his motivation.

Recieving a good sum? Well the only thing that kept him at Milan was Silvio. I don't know. All I can say is that I was much more worried about Kaka leaving than Pato and would rather sell Pato than Thiago Silva but I'd be happy if Milan would wait a bit longer on him.

Last edited:

I don't care who we sell as long as Thiago Silva stays. I've said it before, but this guy is the best CB I've seen in a decade. We seem to work without Pato, and as much as I love him and feel bad for him, I'm open to a big offer. Once Cassano is back, he'll be pushed out of the team even more.

I don't care who we sell as long as Thiago Silva stays. I've said it before, but this guy is the best CB I've seen in a decade. We seem to work without Pato, and as much as I love him and feel bad for him, I'm open to a big offer. Once Cassano is back, he'll be pushed out of the team even more.

gerard+pique+barcelona.jpg

That statement made him cry.

Pique is a great defender but in terms of reading the play and positioning, Thiago is on another level.

Pique and Thiago are SICK! I wouldn't even compare them. Just cherish both and be glad we're watching them on a weekly basis. :WORSHIP:

Pique will get even better. Not sure how much better Thiago will though he may have a little room for improvement as well, not that he needs to though, he's already as good as it gets.

And mind you, neither are Nesta! But then again, it's unfair to compare either to a living legend.

Referee's still not convincing me, another poor performance from the ref for the Bologna v Juve game. We played a decent game, but we are suffering with fatigue and injuries. I think a lot of us are expecting too much, as Conte has repeated multiple times, this Juve set the objective of securing 6th place. However, we are only two points behind Milan, and hopefully the 3-0 loss in Emirates will have a negative impact on their morale in Serie A.

Looks like Vidal will be playing as a CB against Genoa, all Barzagli, Chiellini and Bonucci are out for the next game!

Anyone following Ibarbo from Cagliari? This guy is a monster.

Well, Juve fucked up again. Also thanks to the referee, Pepe was definetely not offside.

I have nothing else to say about Referees, we played an almost perfect game with a completely revamped defence, against a very strong Genoa. Congrats Milan 4 points clear….

Forza Juve

Can any of you lads shed any light on that Ilievski interview in La Reppublica?

Can any of you lads shed any light on that Ilievski interview in La Reppublica?
who?!? :SS never heard that name before.
zeem said:
Anyone following Ibarbo from Cagliari? This guy is a monster.
yup. him, muriel, cuadrado and borini are probably the most impressive youngsters this season. :))

Last edited:

Yup both Colombians have been really good and both are loaned from Udinese. So is Denis who is having an awesome season. Udinese have their hands full.

And speaking of Colombians, I can't remember the time I could remember so many Colombian players. Falcao, Guarin, Yepes, Armero, Zapata, Zuniga, Perea... They have a very very good squad and Pekerman is the coach. Might finally make it to the WC.

yeah, this new colombian generation is very impressive. if they find the right chemistry, they could make one hell of a team :))
zeem said:
Yup both Colombians have been really good and both are loaned from Udinese. So is Denis who is having an awesome season. Udinese have their hands full.
indeed. but while denis is probably just having one hell of a season, the other 2 might have a brilliant future ahead.

on a completely unrelated topic, i'll be having dinner with zamparini this week end! it's a work related thing, so we won't be talking about football probably.... however if we would end up chatting about palermo for a bit, i'll do my best to behave and control myself :P

Last edited:

Are you serious?!!!?! :D

Hahaha WTF!! :LMAO:

You gotta unleash on him bro! lol

Be like what the FUCK are you doing! haha

What's it about? He needs a lawyer? :P

yep... not a criminal lawyer though :P he has several financial interests in sicily (he just built a huge mall in palermo)... can't really say anything more than that. anyway i can't say that's really my area of expertise and i can think of at least 2 colleagues who would have been more appropriate than me for the job. i believe the senior partners at my firm picked me because i shamelessly lied about my football passion. when asked if i was a palermo fan, i said "not really... he's the club's owner, right?" :P

anyway i happen to like my job (a lot), so i believe i'll keep quiet and fake disinterest in palermo's football club (at least that's the plan). afterall, every sathurday i walk right by his yacht and resist to the huge tentation to scratch its broadside with my keys, so i guess i can also talk with the man without venting my frustrations.... and the fact that my firm's senior partners will also be there will obviously help! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1C-vRstkuQ
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
for non italian speakers; right after jumping off his seat, mark looks at the journalist and tells him "man, check out the anticipation! it's like i got eyes on the back of my head!"

:LOL: That's an awesome opportunity Ben. Shouldn't he be in happy mood now with all his mega rich Arab friends? What is the deal with that? Will Zamparini stay in charge or they will take over and any idea why they chose Palermo?

Muriel and Cuadrado are both great and i believe they'll be big names on one near future

Muriel its kind of egoist player but hes young and its playing on one "low" team so when he will be in one other team or back on udinese i think he'll play more with others

I hope this guys and other save Lecce this season even if now its starting to become "impossible"

:LOL: That's an awesome opportunity Ben. Shouldn't he be in happy mood now with all his mega rich Arab friends? What is the deal with that? Will Zamparini stay in charge or they will take over and any idea why they chose Palermo?

yeah, right.... to be honest, i don't believe one word of it. i'm not saying that's impossible of course.... but i find that as likely to happen as the end of the world in december 2012. :P

those sheiks are definitely getting involved with zamparini's other projects (his business activities), but i really don't think they're gonna invest any money in the club.
besides what zamparini and his arab friends are saying makes really no sense at all...... theese people would invest 200 millions in palermo football club and let zamparini in charge? have u ever seen or heard anything like this? an investor injecting 200 millions in a company without putting his own people in charge? coz honestly i have not.

and, even funnier, it's zamparini we're talking about! a man with a history of badmouthing (does this word really exist?) and depreciating his own players.... let's not go too far behind, over the last 7 months this man sold:
nocerino for 500k,
bovo for 3.5 millions,
sirigu for 4 millions,
cassani for 2 millions,

honestly i wouldn't trust this fool with 10 euros, nevermind having him running a company i'm financially supporting.
who would ever be so stupid? nah, i just find that impossible.... i'll only believe that when i'll see palermo spending those money.

Last edited:

Come on Ben, you don't believe that the world will end in 2012? No you disappoint me....every rational human being believes that.

Have a nice meeting and a good lunch with Zamparini...i'm not sure i would like to see him. But i have had talks with the (former) president of Racing Genk. The guy was very, very intelligent, clever and rational, until he talked about football. That man was a real fan with tons of passions and even more bad decisions.

So it might well be that as a business manand maybe as a person, Zamparini is top class...Football has a way of influencing people...certain people can't handle the passion that football generates.

True. Well said.

Yeah have a nice lunch Ben and let us know how it went.

As for van Bommel, he seems to speak decent Italian for a guy who's been there so little time. I'm impressed!

Van Bommel is a class guy.
He came in contact with Jean-Marc Bosman (of the famous arrest). Bosman went through hell after his court case against UEFA. He lost his wife, his kids and became and became addicted to alcohol. Now he's better but broke. Van Bommel and Seedorf invited him to Milan for a match and Van Bommel will organize some sort of testimonial for Bosman. All the Milan players will participate, but other big players will do the same. At last Bosman gets something in return for what he did. Thanks to Bosman players can change club easier and started to earn tons of money.
Van Bommel and Seedorf realized thatr they owe this to this man and wanted to do something in return. That is class.

Seedorf for sure is a classy guy. In TV interviews he always presents himself very elegantly and always approaches TV guests or interviewers with a smile. He's also a very intelligent guy that sometimes shows up on economic debate shows (:LOL:).

I've seen him as a pundit for the BBC, he was pure class. Best pundit i've ever seen apart from Jan Mulder who isn't really a pundit.

yeah i've been surprised by van bommel. i've always figured him as a bit of a douche, but he's actually much nicer and more easy going than i thought.
and yeah Sina, his italian is actually pretty good. :))

van bommel is something else. Just the way he acts with the refs shows he is a one hell of a character. Even in his first game with Milan after one training session he was giving instructions to Gattuso and Thiago Silva like a boss on the field.

Wow that was another stunning performance by Pirlo and been doing so all season. No doubt Conte's formation works much better for him than Allegri's. I'm very happy for him but Juventus are not the same without him. Going to be a hard race to the finish but now it's Milan's to lose.

Oh yeah, according to Berlusconi, Milan let Pirlo go because the medical team didn't see more than one year in him. Ahh this medical team! We have almost one and a half team out injured now.

Back
Top Bottom