Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

How about Enrique? I've been able to watch Roma's last matches and I was impressed. They are playing some good football and this young side looks very promising. They have been very patient with Enrique and he might end up with the third spot.

Any new news on the gambling issue Ben? I heard some teams including Lazio might end up with deducted points.

have u guys seen this image?
NEWS_1332284801_del_piero_coppa_italia.jpg

del piero in a milan shirt... how weird is that! :P

rosso nero doesn't go with him at all! :SHAKE:

u know, i think they never met in a final before... i might be wrong though. anyway it's gonna be a huge match! :))

Really?! :SHOCK:

Surely these two historic clubs (Napoli and Juve) met in some final at some point.

Jesus, again? What gambling issue? Seems these guys never learn.
we're not talking about new stuff (by "new stuff" i mean events occurred after the investigation began)... but of course the more the magistrates dig into this story, the more episodes they may find out about.

anyway zeem, i haven't heard about lazio, but i also haven't followed much sport news theese days, so i might have missed it. the investigators and the public attorney are obviously reluctant to give any info until the inquiry is over and the arrest warrants are issued... in a few months we'll know more about this dirty story.
anyway, as it seems, the 99% of the episodes concern serie b matches (at least that's what they said so far).

i really don't think they should penalize the clubs with points deductions in theese cases though. strict liability should not be applied under theese circumstances, as the prerequisites themselves of the application of the rule are missing:
a) the club weren't aware of their players' misbehaviour.
b) the clubs didn't take any advantage of their players' conduct.
atalanta's penalization (this summer) was absolutely preposterous and atalanta's lawyer is clearely an idiot.
Really?! :SHOCK:

Surely these two historic clubs (Napoli and Juve) met in some final at some point.
i was talking about this with my uncle yesterday and, after looking at me with contempt, mocking my poor memory and calling me a "palermitano traitor", he reminded me of a supercoppa final in 1990. napoli trashed maifredi's juve 5-1.
Gomito said:
Bitter he chose Italy, although it was a no brainer to chose them. And yes he still considers a part of himself American
ah, sure, i completely forgot about that. well it's understandable u're disappointed. giuseppe is also american afterall. :))
kanoutè said:
rosso nero doesn't go with him at all!
indeed :P it's like watching maldini with a juve shirt :))

Last edited:

Galliani say diferent from u guys , he say that Del Piero look good on milan shirt

yeah galliani always had weird thing for alessandro.... perhaps it's the tongue celebration.
Or Thiago Silva with any other club! :D
i'm telling u man, this thing between u and thiago is just not healthy. i hate to break it to u this way, but i know this brazilian types and they're just too unreliable. so just forget about him and move on with your life... or i'm afraid u're gonna end up with your heart broken.
:DD

on a more serious note, zamparini just hired a new team manager. and the man who's gonna take sabatini's place is......

.....wait for it..... :D

cristian panucci!!!!
boy, we are so screwed!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LMAO::LMAO:

Panucci. :LOL: What does this guy eat? This stuff happens in Football Manager when a player retires and you can sign him as a director for cheap. :D

Seriously, what does Zamparini expect from a guy like Panucci? Panucci doesn't seem like an easy guy to deal with.

Or Thiago Silva with any other club! :D

He'll leave for Barcelona or Real Madrid. I've made peace with it but their are rumors that he'll get the captain armband next season. That would be big.

Last edited:

Yeah it's not looking good. What a blow! van Bommel, Nesta, and Robinho also might not make it.

It's surprising. Same story every year. Actually this year Milan are the team with the most injuries in Europe. We have 30 first team players in the squad and we still have to resort to the youth team to fill the bench.

Last edited:

after watching pirlo playing tonight for juve i can now say that ireland will get no points at euro 2012 : (

How much do you want to bet? as I think Ireland will get at least one point, probably more. It would be highly surprising if a Trappatoni team were to lose all three group games.

amazing Juve , im happy they won this match , serie a its way much better this year , i wish next season out public tv show serie a matchs inside of la liga who is really boring !

Panucci?!?! WTF!!!

And yeah he's not an easy guy to deal with at all! Quite temperamental and hot headed.

Just what Palermo needed! :LOL:

its stramaccioni btw. not sure if thats a good idea or not. but i like a new, young guy in charge of the team so im pretty okay with it.

anyone watching when maicon went up to del piero after the match to exchange shirts but was turned down? saw the picture of it somewhere but couldnt find the video.

IMO it would not be the best idea for AVB to go to this Inter. This is a very similar team to Chelsea: a bunch of succesfull players who are nearing the end of their carreer. Once again he will need to rebuild a team and once again he will have to face influential older players.

AVB should go to a completely different team to get his carreer back on track after the damage he suffered while being at Chelsea. This is a manager who needs young and hungry players who are willing to go through a fire for him. I actually think about a club like Benfica for him...that would be ideal.

Being a Porto fan and icon, I don't see him ending up at Benfica.

But I fully agree about the first part of your post. Inter and Chelsea have many things in common and I don't think it'd be a good move for him at all.

it would be a bad call for both of em. vilas boas needs probably needs a younger, hungrier team (like u said gerd), but also inter needs a coach who can give em some "guarrantees" in terms of skills... and at this point in his carreer (especially after the london debacle) vilas boas can't provide those guarrantees (yet).

of course IF moratti were willing to do the unthinkable this summer..... dismantling the entire squad, offload all the stars, put in the youth team those who refuse to leave, and rebuild the entire team around those few players who came after the treble (pazzini, ranocchia, poli)... to put it simple, if moratti were willing to spend around 250 millions this summer (that's why i said it would be "unthinkable"), then inter would suddenly become the greatest chance in vilas boas carreer.

anyway it's not about the coach really. anyone is deemed to fail with this inter. and i believe even moratti realised it by now.... but admitting a problem doesn't necessarily imply "doing something about it". in order to "do something about it", moratti would have to spend a lot of money this summer... and i'm not sure he feels like doing it.
Gerd said:
This is a very similar team to Chelsea: a bunch of succesfull players who are nearing the end of their carreer.
yup, good call. chelsea and inter do have the same problem indeed. but i don't think this is a players issue. it's not an individual problem, it's a collective problem.
some players are certainly nearing the end of their carreer, and most of them are past their peak, but that's not the issue here imo. u see i'm pretty sure that snejder (27 yo) could still perform at a top class level (just not in milano)... maicon is still 30 and has at least 2 seasons of football at his best level ahead of him... age is definitely not the reason of his poor performances and i wouldn't be surprised if he moved somewhere else this summer and got back to his world class standards.
cambiasso is 31 (and if u guys think 31 is "old" for a metodista, then think again, coz you're wrong) and just like for maicon, i wouldn't be shocked if he would instantly become a key player in another team.... i just think he can't be a key player in this inter anymore.

like i said, this is not an individual problem, it's a collective problem. the issue here is not the players' age (as a matter of fact there are plenty of older teams than inter out there, which are doing great). the players aren't finished. the team is finished. it's not like maicon, snejder, cambiasso, julio cesar, milito can't perform anymore... they just can't perform together anymore.
this team has lost the drive to win because the players grew accustomed to each others. there's no competition inside the team anymore, there's no hunger anymore (because theese players already won everything there was to win), and there's no mental energy anymore because mourinho drained whatever mental strenght was left in this team (and that's probably the reason why they can't seem to keep their focus on the game for 90 minutes anymore).

it's the team that is dead, not the players. if the players would move somewhere else, they would find new motivations and get back on track.... for this inter team instead there's no future and no present either.
and i believe the same is happening at stanford bridge. to be honest i thought the situation was a little less serious for chelsea than it is for inter. but after watching their pathetic display against napoli, i realised inter and chelsea are pretty much at the same stage. both teams are in some sort of a persistent vegetative state.... they're not really "alive" anymore as teams and the only thing keeping them from "diying" is the will of their owners (moratti and abramovich), who aren't really excited at the idea of wasting all the money required to rebuild the team. but for all intents and purposes, both teams are already clinically dead.
after watching pirlo playing tonight for juve i can now say that ireland will get no points at euro 2012 : (
cheer up mate, we always find new exotic ways to screw up at the euros... it's just not our competition i guess :P
besides i agree with edmundo about trap. he's a dinosaur, a relic of a distant past, and u will hate him for the boring and conservative football he will get your team to play..... but there are few people who know the game aswell as he does have a reputation for "getting things done".

Last edited:

Ben, i think another possibly big problem for AVB (and particularly for him) would be the influence Mourinho apparently still has over the Inter players. The fact that they can't perform together anymore may just be due to Mourinho's influence.
I have the feeling that a club with Mourinho as coach has a big chance of short term success, but i'm not sure those clubs are better of in the long term. It seems as if Mourinho leaves everything in shambles after he's gone...

The longer i think of it the more respect i have for the fact that Ancelotti managed to win the EPL with Chelsea.

Oh and Ben, that match against Napoli (the second leg) is the best match Chelsea have played the whole season. Since my daughter is a huge Chelsea fan, this is probably the team i have seen most in Europe...i can't think of any better match from Chelsea than that one. Weird that both the Chelsea players and the Inter players don't realize that they should move for their own sake, because, yes, i agree with you that those players can't function with each other...

mourinho's approach to coaching is certainly very stressful on the players, that's for sure. and that probably played a role in inter's downfall. but in this specific case i believe mourinho is not the main cause.
the core of mourinho's inter was mancini's inter. that team was already nearing the end of its cycle (let's not forget that mancini's inter won pretty much everything there was to win - on back to back occasions - except the champions league).
mourinho squeezed whatever mental energy was left in the team (speeding up the whole process), but the end of this chapter in inter's history was near anyway (mourinho or not mourinho).
gerd said:
Oh and Ben, that match against Napoli (the second leg) is the best match Chelsea have played the whole season. Since my daughter is a huge Chelsea fan, this is probably the team i have seen most in Europe...i can't think of any better match from Chelsea than that one
i haven't watched much of chelsea this season, but i certainly believe u. infact, before the match, i also thought that was going to be chelsea's best performance of the season (the players had to perform after the departure of AVB).
and that's exactly why i believe they're pretty much in the same situation as inter. i mean, if that was really the best chelsea could do, then they must have nothing left to give (as a team, i mean).
Gerd said:
Weird that both the Chelsea players and the Inter players don't realize that they should move for their own sake, because, yes, i agree with you that those players can't function with each other...
i don't know if they realize it or not, but keep in mind that for this kind of players there aren't many options. players like milito, maicon, cambiasso. they're great players, who still have 2, 3 years of football in them... and when on form and motivated they can offer world class performances......
... however they are world class players (or former world class players) on world class wages, so they have very little market.
for instance, there are only a handful of clubs which could realistically afford to sign maicon. but how many of theese (few) clubs need a right back? and how many of them are willing to offer a big contract to an over 30 who already won everything? and how many of them are willing to pay moratti for them (coz obviously moratti won't let them leave for a few bucks).

long story short, it's very complicated to offload this kind of players. so who knows, perhaps they do realise it would be best for them to leave, but they just don't have the chance. :))

Last edited:

Weird that nobody here commented on Inter having a new coach, i've heard he used to be a successfull youth coach for AS Roma and that Moratti has said that he's not there as a temporary waiting until a high profile coach can come.

I've heard his name in a podcast, but honestly don't ask me to write it...

Robbed. Linesman was a fucking joke against Catania. Catania played very very well, but that linesman called 2 offsides that were completely non-existent....You can't be offside from your own half! Some people are saying Gomez' goal was onside, but it wasn't. Bergessio touched it with his foot while returning from an offside position.

And Robinho-gate... if only we had goal-line technology. Ridiculous.

Parma-Lazio - as usual, Lazio is going through its annual meltdown. How magical was Giovinco? I wish Marchetti would purposely miss that save he made on that beautiful run Giovinco made, for the beauty of football.

:LOL: When the stadium lights went off for Earth Day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom