Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2011/12 Season

USC Palermo once again loose a very good player. What are their prospects for next season?
Will they be in trouble Ben?

Still much better than Nocerino's 800K right?!
:CRY:
if that was an attempt to cheer me up, it didn't work at all zeem! :((
and yeah, he was on his last year of contract, but, as damjan said, 4.5 millions still is a ridiculous sum for a world class player... even if he's on his last year of contract.... i mean van persie's contract is expiring too next summer, and yet i doubt he'll leave for anything less than 20 millions.
Gerd said:
USC Palermo once again loose a very good player. What are their prospects for next season?
Will they be in trouble Ben?
we already were in trouble last season, as the table proved. last summer i predicted we would have finished the season just above the relegation zone (wich turned out to be our exact position). i hope i'm wrong this time around, as i'm afraid we're gonna do worse than last season (wich means relegation).
it all comes down to the newly promoted teams. i don't follow serie b, so i don't know how good they are. if all 3 of them are significantly worse team than us, then we might be ok..... otherwise this might be palermo's goodbye to serie a.

That would be a big shame. It's totally irrational, but i've come to love that team (and this to be honest for no other reason than the fact that they have the most beautiful kits...absolute class).

I'm one hell of a football expert....

That would be a big shame. It's totally irrational, but i've come to love that team (and this to be honest for no other reason than the fact that they have the most beautiful kits...absolute class).

I'm one hell of a football expert....
:LOL: that's as good a reason as any, buddy. i fell in love with my wife coz i litterally couldn't take my eyes off her face the first time we met.... does that sound more rational? there's nothing rational about love, my friend. ;)

anyway, no hard feelings for balza. he's been great to us and gave us (probably) the best years of his carreer.
and (like any human being who ever set foot on this island :SMOKIN: ) he fell in love with the siciliani. he married a palermitana girl (world class ballet dancer eleonora abbagnato), and raised a family here (his daughter julia was born here last winter). he was still hoping to get a renewal proposal from zamparini till the very last minute and apparently he couldn't stop crying on his way to the airport.

best of luck federico. i sincerely hope u'll eventually get the european recognition u so much deserve :BYE:

:CRY:
if that was an attempt to cheer me up, it didn't work at all zeem! :((

After reading that, it did sound a bit harsh from my part. :P Sorry! And you compared him to van Persie. One imo is overrated and the other is hugely underrated.

Didn't Zamparini say he offered him a very good renewal? Usual crap? I remember Nocerino getting a bit angry on some of his comments.

Last edited:

I fell in love with my wife because she wore a funny litle head...

I'm sorry for the off-topic.

:LOL: that's as good a reason as any, buddy. i fell in love with my wife coz i litterally couldn't take my eyes off her face the first time we met.... does that sound more rational? there's nothing rational about love, my friend. ;)

anyway, no hard feelings for balza. he's been great to us and gave us (probably) the best years of his carreer.
and (like any human being who ever set foot on this island :SMOKIN: ) he fell in love with the siciliani. he married a palermitana girl (world class ballet dancer eleonora abbagnato), and raised a family here (his daughter julia was born here last winter). he was still hoping to get a renewal proposal from zamparini till the very last minute and apparently he couldn't stop crying on his way to the airport.

best of luck federico. i sincerely hope u'll eventually get the european recognition u so much deserve :BYE:

Wow, talk about a man who loves his club. Best of luck to Balzaretti and Palermo this year. We never hear about a story like that from RvP or Fabregas, not even Henry. Although Henry's reaction speech for his Emirates statue really was a tearjerker.

Just read the first few pages, didn't realise this thread is 9 years old lol :CONFUSE: Was fun reading my posts when I was 15 haha :D Just remembered that Serie A used to be 18 teams only ! Thread started when Adriano was at Parma and we then signed him back in the Jan window.. Adriano, Vieri, Recoba, Martins.. good days! We signed one of the biggest flops too - Andy Van der Meyde :D

so the answer is no I guess, Milanista. :) this thread has a history. :)

Last edited:

Just read the first few pages, didn't realise this thread is 9 years old lol :CONFUSE: Was fun reading my posts when I was 15 haha :D Just remembered that Serie A used to be 18 teams only ! Thread started when Adriano was at Parma and we then signed him back in the Jan window.. Adriano, Vieri, Recoba, Martins.. good days! We signed one of the biggest flops too - Andy Van der Meyde :D

Van der Meyde had the best celebration ever.

YouTube - FC Internazionale - Gol di Van der Meyde vs. Arsenal

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Why make new thread?

We continue THIS as we have every year!

I'm excited to see Fiorentina and Roma. Some competitive signings by both clubs. I also think Napoli will be a lot more mature in terms of facing smaller teams (lost many points last year).... in terms of discipline though...not so much.

I am sure Milan will strengthen by signing a few names. There is just no way we will end up relying on Zapata and Acerbi in defence. That is like the worst Milan defence ever. Both could be huge failures.

If I am wrong, then Milan are risking a lot in terms of a CL spot which could kill Berlusconi's plan to get Guardiola next season.

Abate now linked to PSG. If he goes, that's it. There goes my interest in Milan this season. He's from the ranks, and letting him go will be a huge disappointment.

At least PSG buying every Milan player will answer the (not so) long standing question: Can AC Milan win Ligue 1?

Add to that weird news that Milan might offer Cassano+cash for Pazzini. If so, Milan are in suicide mode. That leaves Montolivo as our only creative player.

Milan defence looked clueless during the Vidal goal, 2-1 up at half time. Forza Juve! 2 trophies before the season's even started. :)

Back
Top Bottom