Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

we've all been there. i'm not ashamed to say i had my own beloved che guevara t-shirt when i was a teenager :))

I still have it too , bought in 2011 summer on Gallipoli on terranova shop , loved it but after wash it few times Che Guevara is gone now shirt is all black no Che Guevara on it :LOL:

getting back on topic, the derby della lanterna (samp-genoa) is on tomorrow.
i'd hate to see genoa lose and risk relegation, but still, better them than palermo, so forza samp!!! :))

Samp got relegated by Genoa few seasons back after derby della lanterna , so maybe its time for Samp to get revenge ? "what you seed is what you harvest" if you know what i mean :SMUG:

as of today, totti has 12 goals and 11 assists so far in the league. the kobe bryant of serie a.

Samp got relegated by Genoa few seasons back after derby della lanterna , so maybe its time for Samp to get revenge ? "what you seed is what you harvest" if you know what i mean :SMUG:

actually i'm quite sure it was palermo which "officially" sent samp in serie b (i remember feeling a bit sad about it), but yeah, i also seem to remember they played the derby only a few days before playing us.

and now it seems both palermo and genoa will go down to serie b, while shitty siena might stay up (wich, of all the possible scenarios, is the one i hate the most).
it kinda feels like palermo's fate and genova's clubs fate have been somehow "connected" over the last few years. personally i always had a bit of a weakness for both genova clubs.
kanoutè said:
as of today, totti has 12 goals and 11 assists so far in the league. the kobe bryant of serie a.
yep. we better enjoy him until we can, coz when he'll retire..... it's gonna take a long, long, long time before we see another player with his talent. :(

speaking of roma players, are u guys watching destro tearing inter apart right now? man, i love this kid. i'm sorry osvaldo will leave roma next season, but if that means mattia will finally get the playtime he needs (and deserves), then so be it.

Great news for all Italian football fans. Stramaccioni has NOT been sacked. Happy 3 points for your team! (except Milan).

Great news for all Italian football fans. Stramaccioni has NOT been sacked. Happy 3 points for your team! (except Milan).

:D poor fella, i kinda feel for him. i mean, he certainly isn't helping himself with his decisions, but then again, he's still just a rookie, who is having his first taste of professional football with the worst possible team. (a top club team, with huge expectations, but a squad completely worn out, decimated by injuries, whose most important players lost their drive.... and with an owner who doesn't wanna spend a cent).
strama is hardly top club material (at least at this point in his carreer), but any top class coach would fail with this club right now (ancelotti, mourinho, spalletti,guardiola, prandelli, u name it).

as for moratti, i don't think he was ever gonna fire him.... nor will fire him in the future. whether stramaccioni is good enough for inter or not, that's irrelevant..... the point is stramaccioni is the only coach who would work with this team without making any demands... and that's why moratti picked him in the first place.... any other coach would have asked for some fresh, motivated players to be brought in, and clearely moratti doesn't feel like spending theese days (or should i say "theese years").

on a different note, when is balotelli coming back? he was absolutely on fire till he got suspended, but it seems like a lifetime ago..... how long was this suspension anyway?

catania-palermo derby tomorrow.... they're gonna tear us a new one :(

Last edited:

Balotelli got a 3 match suspension for apparently telling the 'quinto uomo' to f off. Cambiasso almost broke Giovinco's ankle and Balzaretti elbowed a player, both only got 1 game suspensions.

Mario managed to get it down to 2 matches, but that still meant missing Napoli and Juve.

:D poor fella, i kinda feel for him. i mean, he certainly isn't helping himself with his decisions, but then again, he's still just a rookie, who is having his first taste of professional football with the worst possible team. (a top club team, with huge expectations, but a squad completely worn out, decimated by injuries, whose most important players lost their drive.... and with an owner who doesn't wanna spend a cent).
strama is hardly top club material (at least at this point in his carreer), but any top class coach would fail with this club right now (ancelotti, mourinho, spalletti,guardiola, prandelli, u name it).

as for moratti, i don't think he was ever gonna fire him.... nor will fire him in the future. whether stramaccioni is good enough for inter or not, that's irrelevant..... the point is stramaccioni is the only coach who would work with this team without making any demands... and that's why moratti picked him in the first place.... any other coach would have asked for some fresh, motivated players to be brought in, and clearely moratti doesn't feel like spending theese days (or should i say "theese years").

on a different note, when is balotelli coming back? he was absolutely on fire till he got suspended, but it seems like a lifetime ago..... how long was this suspension anyway?

catania-palermo derby tomorrow.... they're gonna tear us a new one :(

He was doing very well in the beggining of the season. At some point we were one point off Juventus. We had a consistent formation playing 3-4-3/3-5-2. Then Milito and Samuel got injured and everything went downwards after that. It's like they all forgot how to play and Strama went nuts trying to figure a working formation without them.

Only thing positive in the past months is Mateo Kovacic.. This kid will be a star in the future. Strama himself requested to buy him.

Anyway I hope we don't qualify for Europa League and just have a fresh season next year without having those useless matches on Thursday.

By the way anyone used to watch Schelotto when he was in Cesena/Atalanta/Catania? Because he is one of the worst buys we have ever bought. He only knows how to run. Literally.

Anyway I hope we don't qualify for Europa League and just have a fresh season next year without having those useless matches on Thursday.

I always feelt same way for Liverpool , europa league its useless and I really dont want to see Liverool playing there , i reather see them out of everything than playing Europa League !

By the way anyone used to watch Schelotto when he was in Cesena/Atalanta/Catania? Because he is one of the worst buys we have ever bought. He only knows how to run. Literally.

haha I never saw that guy playing before , I only seen couple of matchs of him last time and this guy its funny , I dont even know how he become a football player coz i can tell you he dont have idea how to play this sport ! I was about to write same thing some days ago but I just cant reconize his name LOL

any he play same possision of Coutinho ? WTF was Inter thinking to sell him and play with that guy ? I dont rate Countinho that much either but that guy have some class , you can tell that when you see him playing !

Balotelli got a 3 match suspension for apparently telling the 'quinto uomo' to f off. Cambiasso almost broke Giovinco's ankle and Balzaretti elbowed a player, both only got 1 game suspensions.
that's mental.... goes to show how important reputation is, when it comes to theese things.
Interista said:
i've only watched him a few times during his atalanta days and he seemed pretty good. but a couple games are hardly enough to rate a player, so it's might have been just a form peak..
however given how messed up inter is theese days, it's very difficult to rate any of its players.

anyway i'm glad palermo got back from catania with its ass unscathed.... didn't see that coming :P

If Cagliari was able to have fans at their stadium, I'm sure they'd be fighting for a Euro spot. Seeing Catania with a full stadium this season because of their impressive performances is quite amazing for this team.

Not a great attacking performance lastnight but the defence restricted Milan to long range efforts which Gigi comfortably dealt with.

Vidal's penalty was outstanding:WORSHIP: The title can be won next week at Torino.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!......It takes time to win 31 titles:APPLAUD:

WOHOO! :BOP:
come on!!!

edit:
my celebration had obviously nothing to do with zanetti. i'm really sorry for him :(

Last edited:

WOHOO! :BOP:
come on!!!

Grandissimo Palermo! Io voglio che il Palermo si salvi. :PINKS:

Hey Ben, any truth in Ilicic rumours? I've been told that several clubs are after him although it seems that this one is Roma's bound.

Oh and looks like "my" Viola is a step closer to CL.

riposi in pace, javier. the legend of the legends.

:CRY:
Jesus man, u scared the shit out of me! i had to check on the internet to see if something happened to him overnight.
"riposi in pace" is the italian equivalent of "rest in peace"... it's something u say when someone dies, not if they get injured :D
1 more point.......
hey martin, so happy to see u back in here! where have u been all this time? :))
as for that 1 point juve need to win the scudetto, it would mean a great deal to me if u guys could postpone your celebrations just 1 week. palermo desperately needs 3 points and a draw isn't gonna cut it.
yep, the kid is coming along quite nicely. nice goal by him, and also nice assist by totti :))
Grandissimo Palermo! Io voglio che il Palermo si salvi. :PINKS:
we still need a miracle to save ourselves, as we got juve and fiorentina in the next 2 weeks (and i'm afraid they're both gonna tear us apart).... but at least we still have a small hope :))

as for the ilicic rumours, he's most likely gonna leave this summer, but it's still too early to tell where he'll end up. roma is the major candidate right now, but i believe a few other clubs will knock on our door this summer.

and concerning la viola, wheter they make it to CL or not, this season has been amazing for them. their football is just out of this world. everyone in italy (me included) is falling in love with montella's football. he's being labeled as the next ancelotti\spalletti\prandelli (meaning: world class coach who displays very entertaining football).
i bet roma directors are killing themselves for letting him go

Last edited:

Jesus man, u scared the shit out of me! i had to check on the internet to see if something happened to him overnight.
"riposi in pace" is the italian equivalent of "rest in peace"... it's something u say when someone dies, not if they get injured :D

I thought the same, when reading that.

Btw: Thought it would be "requiescat in pace"? Think, that's what Ezio taught me. :P

Last edited:

mate, you know, legends are only dead when forgotten. but seeing that almost nobody gave a damn about such a legendary player goes down with a very unfortunate injury like this, I think he's already long gone now. look at how the world responded to kobe bryant's injury or imagine if the same thing happened to ryan giggs and how british media would react to that, I mean, it is just unfair and unbelievable that the way an all-time great like zanetti is being treated by the football media and many people. also that's not something new to me. for example, when I talk about the best footballers we've ever seen with my friends, and when I say that my favorite right back is zanetti, they're straight like "who the hell is zanetti, man? cafu/alves/maicon rulezzz!!". and all these make me sad.

I thought the same, when reading that.

Btw: Thought it would be "requiescat in pace"? Think, that's what Ezio teached me. :P
LOL! :D requiescat in pace is ancient latin. riposi in pace is the modern italian translation ;)
mate, you know, legends are only dead when forgotten. but seeing that almost nobody gave a damn about such a legendary player goes down with a very unfortunate injury like this, I think he's already long gone now. look at how the world responded to kobe bryant's injury or imagine if the same thing happened to ryan giggs and how british media would react to that, I mean, it is just unfair and unbelievable that the way an all-time great like zanetti is being treated by the football media and many people. also that's not something new to me. for example, when I talk about the best footballers we've ever seen with my friends, and when I say that my favorite right back is zanetti, they're straight like "who the hell is zanetti, man? cafu/alves/maicon rulezzz!!". and all these make me sad.
yeah, i see where u're coming from. then again, it's only normal this episode didn't have much of an effect on international media, as serie a's mediatic exposure is nowhere near the epl's or the nba's one.
having said that, in italy zanetti's injury is quite a big deal. it was all over the news today. hell even my father knew about it! just a few hours ago i was talking on the phone with him and he told me "did u hear about zanetti? it's uncanny! i always thought the man was invincible.... i've never even seen him with his hair messed up, nevermind injured!" :LOL:

:LMAO: well, that sounds just about right!

ageless-zanetti-2.jpg

Yeah, whenever I've been impressed with Montella's Fiorentina whenever I've seen them this season.

I can't quite think of a club (excluding Barca and Bayern) that fits as many good passers in their side as La Viola.

They are the antithesis of Allegri's Milan and for that reason alone I'd prefer them in the Champions League.

And Zanetti will be back, mark my words!

You're right Kanoute about legends not getting the respect they deserve in these circumstances... but a good example is Nesta. He had a very bad injury and in almost every Milan forum, blog or site I was on, it was taken for granted that he would retire and that there was no coming back from his 1 year+ injury.

He came back and played 3 more seasons for Milan, winning a scudetto as well. Zanetti played like an 18 year old in the last 10 years. After this injury, he'll be back, but probably like a 21 year old :D

Edit: How fucking awesome was Handanovic vs Palermo? I saw some of his saves, such as Miccoli's volley, and they're incredible. Surely he has the best reflexes in Serie A right now. I don't think many people even come close to his speed and reactions.

I don't think there are many keepers in Europe, nevermind Serie A, that can match his reflexes. Diego Alves is the only other keeper who really comes to mind.

Well said and considering 'reflexes' are pretty much everything Diego Alves does have :P , he's far inferior.

Handanovic is definitely awesome!

He married his high school sweetheart probably and has only ever fucked her. That's the secret to his success. Nice loyal dedicated committed man.

Ultimate legend!

He married his high school sweetheart probably and has only ever fucked her. That's the secret to his success.

pfft... if that's his secret, then the game isn't worth the candle.
... and don't u even try to pretend u disagree with me :P

btw that pictures-collage of zanetti seriously freaks me out :SHOCK:
if he wasn't such a fervent catholic i'd he's an argentinian dorian gray.

There's this one with Maldini were he looks like a completely different person in every photo.

maldini.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom