Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Bring back Sandro! :D

nesta.jpg

His technique is his strongest point, and probably his only strong point. And he still hasn't managed to learn how and when to use that technique of his to it's fullest.

yep, but when a player with palladino's technique learns how to use his skill, then that player becomes a world class player.
i do agree with u, maybe he won't ever reach that level (while i thought he would have), but this doesn't mean he's not a brilliant player.
i mean it's not like "u're world class or u're average".... there's something between those 2 hypothetical "standards".

and that "something" seems to be raffaele's territory.
u see mate, the real treasure of this league is not del piero, neither nesta or totti or ibra or samuel, or di natale or de rossi......
they're world class players. exactly as premiership's ones or la liga's ones... those league have them as well.

what the other leagues lack of are the palladinos, the belluccis, the vannucchis, the budels the contis, the liveranis, the corinis, the rosinas, the rocchis........
those players who are not "world class", but who are still much more than "average".

they are not stars, they don't play for top teams (except palladino, but i can already see him moving to a mid class club), but they are still something special........and in the same time they (almost) represent our "average".
to be fair the other leagues have this kind of players as well, but unlike premiership and la liga, here this kind of "high quality players" are so many that they raise our average standard.

Also the rating of the cb's is a false assesment, as there are many other cb's not in that list that I rate higher than Barzagli and he shouldn't even start for his national side. Plus a lot of the defences of the national sides are just of a shameful level. Mathijssen and Heitinga

point taken :-pp:))

But for the sake of it:
I think Gallas, Ujfalusi, Carvalho, Pepe, Juan, Ayala, Ferdinand and Terry out of your list above Barzagli, Thuram and Kovac used to be (much)better. And let me add this: Half of them I don't consider excellent cb's at all.

oh shit!
u see, u were doing very well, but now, with this last statement, u managed to loose my respect.......
:LOL:

jokes apart anyway some of the players u mentioned (the bolded ones) are closer to legrottaglie than to barzagli :NONO:

and the other ones (except ferdinand, carvalho and maybe terry) are honestly on the same level of barzagli.

edit: Ste, that guy is on a league of himself :))

Last edited:

yep, but when a player with palladino's technique learns how to use his skill, then that player becomes a world class player.
i do agree with u, maybe he won't ever reach that level (while i thought he would have), but this doesn't mean he's not a brilliant player.
i mean it's not like "u're world class or u're average".... there's something between those 2 hypothetical "standards".

and that "something" seems to be raffaele's territory.
u see mate, the real treasure of this league is not del piero, neither nesta or totti or ibra or samuel, or di natale or de rossi......
they're world class players. exactly as premiership's ones or la liga's ones... those league have them as well.

what the other leagues lack of are the palladinos, the belluccis, the vannucchis, the budels the contis, the liveranis, the corinis, the rosinas, the rocchis........
those players who are not "world class", but who are still much more than "average".

they are not stars, they don't play for top teams (except palladino, but i can already see him moving to a mid class club), but they are still something special........and in the same time they (almost) represent our "average".
to be fair the other leagues have this kind of players as well, but unlike premiership and la liga, here this kind of "high quality players" are so many that they raise our average standard.

Hence I said " I think Palladino will be a good player".

point taken :-pp:))

oh shit!
u see, u were doing very well, but now, with this last statement, u managed to loose my respect.......
:LOL:

Bah, you're so predictable.

jokes apart anyway some of the players u mentioned (the bolded ones) are closer to legrottaglie than to barzagli :NONO:

That's because Legrottaglie is better than Barzagli.

:-pp

and the other ones (except ferdinand, carvalho and maybe terry) are honestly on the same level of barzagli.

Juan was one of the best performing cb's this season, and Roma's midfield isn't much of a filter either. Kovac at his best was excellent.

About Pepe, honestly Madrid's Pepe hasn't been very good, but the Porto one was and he can develop into a very good defender.

yep, juan had a hell of a season, but i've been following bundes in the last 5 years and i can tell u this was his best season so far...
so we have to wait and see what he will do in the next seasons...

talking about pepe, he actually showed he's a very good coverer, but a quite poor marker. i agree he has room for improvements, but right now he's miles far from barzagli.

anyway i give up. don't wanna ruin a healthy web-friendship for an idiot who went to wolfsburg rather than fiorentina.:-pp

p.s. it looks like palermo is signing raggi :DANCE:

It looks like Milan are getting Maggio. The Milan fans are already apparently asking for Milan to give him the number 5 shirt. 5 Maggio means 5th of May, its the date inter threw away the scudetto by losing 4-2 to Lazio in 2002. :D

It looks like Milan are getting Maggio. The Milan fans are already apparently asking for Milan to give him the number 5 shirt. 5 Maggio means 5th of May, its the date inter threw away the scudetto by losing 4-2 to Lazio in 2002. :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jose Mourinho is a fantastic coach and has the experience and skill to manage Inter. As much as I hate Inter, I respect their new manager much more than their previous manager. And I just recently heard from some EPL fans that he played 'boring' football at times, well maybe he can pull it off in Italy since it's very tactical and less attacking than the EPL.

On the other hand, Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina look very strong this year with reinforcements being brought in most of these clubs, and we can't forget about clubs such as Napoli, Palermo and Udinese who are very competitive in the Serie A. So next season will be a challenge for all clubs, and Jose has a lot to do over this summer, despite having the Euro 2008 going on.

And I just recently heard from some EPL fans that he played 'boring' football at times, well maybe he can pull it off in Italy since it's very tactical and less attacking than the EPL.

to be honest, i wouldn't say the premiership's football is more attacking than serie a football.

of course there are many huge differences between epl's football and serie football, but those differences concern the the average quality of the players, the attitude of the players, the average quality of the referees, the attitude of the referees, the tempo, the standard coaches ability, etc.....
but not the attacking or defensive attitude.

just take a look at this stat
immaginepm2.png

average goal per match in premiership: 2.64
average goal per match in serie a: 2.55
it means that in premiership u see just 1 goal more each 10 matches than in serie a (less than 4 goals more in an entire season)..... wich is a non existent gap.

anyway i'm curious to see how josè will approach his new experience, and i've to say i've been impressed by his first press conference. almost fluent italian, and many interesting points.

he didn't really show a low profile (that just wouldn't be mourinho) but he looks definitely more "careful" and balanced than he was in his premiership experience. afterall that's not epl and, compared to our coaches quality standard, he's definitely not "special" at all :-pp

Yeah I was wrong then, it's probably because when I watch the EPL games I see many goals conceded and clearly the defense in England is worst than in Italy. In Italy we don't get scores such as 8-1 (thank god).

Yeah I was wrong then, it's probably because when I watch the EPL games I see many goals conceded and clearly the defense in England is worst than in Italy. In Italy we don't get scores such as 8-1 (thank god).

yeah, definitely there's still a gap between epl and serie a, talking about tactical knowledge and defensive lines average quality....

nontheless this gap is getting each season more little... and that's a good thing for both leagues.

until 10 years ago the average goals per match in serie was really lower than today.... but it wasn't because our cbs were better. it was mainly due to our low-class clubs presidents, whose "loosing attitude" disallowed our coaches to explore new paths, to expoit their creativity. the serie a low-class clubs coaches had just to avoid the opponent to score.

today instead most of our little clubs presidents leave much more freedom to their coaches, and that effected the tactical variety (u won't find 2 teams playing the same kind of football in serie a today), our players (almost all our fullbacks today are offensive players... wich is quite the opposite of what used to happen in the past), and of course the average goals per match.
and that's a great thing.

on the other side premiership moved into the opposite direction, as, concerning the tactical awareness they had an amazing growth in the last 10 years, and even though their football (considering the whole league) is tbh still quite gross, primitive, we also have to admit that their top clubs reached an unbelievable level of tactical sophistication :))

to be honest, i wouldn't say the premiership's football is more attacking than serie a football.

of course there are many huge differences between epl's football and serie football, but those differences concern the the average quality of the players, the attitude of the players, the average quality of the referees, the attitude of the referees, the tempo, the standard coaches ability, etc.....
but not the attacking or defensive attitude.

just take a look at this stat
immaginepm2.png

average goal per match in premiership: 2.64
average goal per match in serie a: 2.55
it means that in premiership u see just 1 goal more each 10 matches than in serie a (less than 4 goals more in an entire season)..... wich is a non existent gap.

anyway i'm curious to see how josè will approach his new experience, and i've to say i've been impressed by his first press conference. almost fluent italian, and many interesting points.

he didn't really show a low profile (that just wouldn't be mourinho) but he looks definitely more "careful" and balanced than he was in his premiership experience. afterall that's not epl and, compared to our coaches quality standard, he's definitely not "special" at all :-pp

Hah, that's exactly what he said. :)

Mourinho is a very intelligent man, not surprised he already speaks italian well. Remember, he used to be an interpreter.

I'm pretty worried about Mourinho's inter. If he can add the few touches to the inter squad, instead of overbuying, he can mold them into both a Serie A and European superpower.

Nevertheless I hope he and Moratti clash though. :mrgreen:

Hah, that's exactly what he said. :)

Mourinho is a very intelligent man, not surprised he already speaks italian well. Remember, he used to be an interpreter.

I'm pretty worried about Mourinho's inter. If he can add the few touches to the inter squad, instead of overbuying, he can mold them into both a Serie A and European superpower.

Nevertheless I hope he and Moratti clash though. :mrgreen:

yep, he's a smart man.... and that's why i think he won't let moratti "rebuild" the team from the foundations (as that would be definitely a stupid move).

anyway it won't be easy at all for him to do better than mancini (even though he's a better coach than mancini imo). and i do also think it will take some time to see inter "flying high" coz even if i don't think he will buy too many players, even just 3 top level buys can change the dressing room poise.

while on the other side, roma is gettin each season better, and if fiorentina and juve will approach the champions league in the right way (wich means setting up a proper summer trasnfer campaign and focusing thelselves on the league rather than on the champions league), then both teams will follow roma's footsteps very quickly.

concerning milan, well i thought loosing the champions league spot would have finally woke up galliani and braida...... but looking at what they've done so far, they still didn't get it (how FFS is it possible to let a talent like sammarco go to sampdoria!.... this is really beyong my understanding).

Dom said:
Nevertheless I hope he and Moratti clash though.
u can always count on moratti! :LOL:
i just read on the inter thread Bash-it calling him "mad max"... :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL:
never heard this nick before.... but it looks so appropriate :LOL:

EDIT:
liverani is now officially a rosanero! and raggi will come here soon!!!! :EASY:

Last edited:

Well mates, looks like Ancelotti now is Chelsea's new coach :(. I didnot believe it but SkySports announced it so... It is going to be Rajkaard knowing his history with the club.

Well mates, looks like Ancelotti now is Chelsea's new coach :(. I didnot believe it but SkySports announced it so... It is going to be Rajkaard knowing his history with the club.

Don't worry Zeem. Ancelotti just said in a press conference (this afternoon) he will stay at milan without any doubts. ;)):))
he refused chelsea's offer.

ok, so we already got amelia, nocerino, raggi, liverani, de melo.... we're pretty close to floccari, we're gonna get back dellafiore and we're gonna fight with torino and parma to get back budan and bovo...

:BLINK:
i'd say zamparini is in pshyco-moratti mode!

All good signings though! Just hope that he doesnt fire Colantuono since they are his signings. Did you also notice how Jankovic suddenly started to play a lot more and much better when Colantuono returned? It was his signing originally.

I was beginning to think that Mutu was alright and loyal to Fiorentina, but that twat wants 4 million a year, when the highest in the team is 1.5 million, which is himself. I hope Fiorentina sell him and sign someone better with that money.

I was beginning to think that Mutu was alright and loyal to Fiorentina, but that twat wants 4 million a year, when the highest in the team is 1.5 million, which is himself. I hope Fiorentina sell him and sign someone better with that money.

Hard to find someone better than Mutu.

Yep, but imo hes the kind of player that once gone, can actually improve the team. He can be such a negative figure. When he's having a bad day, like Zlatan, he just becomes selfish and ineffective. Since Prandelli wants a very determined team with quick short passing, this might actually help them. There were some instances this season where Mutu got pissed off with all his team mates and would never pass. He's such a baby.

Yep, but imo hes the kind of player that once gone, can actually improve the team. He can be such a negative figure. When he's having a bad day, like Zlatan, he just becomes selfish and ineffective. Since Prandelli wants a very determined team with quick short passing, this might actually help them. There were some instances this season where Mutu got pissed off with all his team mates and would never pass. He's such a baby.

I know, very true. Mutu does have bad attitude.

But Mutu is very, very talented, and very hard to replace. Who could Fiorentina replace him with?

Is Mutu that good? I dont really remember him being that great of a player at Chelsea.

He has had his moments with Fiorentina this year, but as Milanista said he's quite temperamental, He has scored plenty of nice goals this season, and has made many assists. He helped Fiorentina a lot, however, on his bad days he can make the whole team suffer.

I don't want him to leave the Serie A though, even though he has a bad attitude I really like Mutu.

I think he is a great player, one of the players who on their day can be a match winner. But in a similar way to Ibrahimovic and Quaresma, if he doesn't play well, the rest of the team usually doesn't play well and suffers.

What happened to Rosina at the end of the season? Really impressed me at the start, but didn't watch any Torino matches come the end of the season.

adrian is quite a tipycal nr. 10. an unbelievable technique, a touch.... well i wouldn't even call it "touch", he simply treats the ball as if it was a part of his body.... the same kind of "natural control". he has the dribbling, the shot (and what a shot!), the passing game of a cassano, a rosina, a ribery..... and he has also the same attitude..... but to be fair i wouldn't call it a bad attitude issue... it's more a matter of ego. when u're young rich, and, well, a bit stupid....when millions of people adore u like a god and some fools give u millions just to play football, well there are a lot of "dark charachters" who loiter around u... they try to flatter u, to adulate u, they always tell u what u want to hear, just to gain your trust and take advantage of your social and economic status.

and being u a spoiled big child, u may allow theese people to direct u in the wrong direction.

adrian is such a good example. his star started to shine in parma under prandelli's guide (who else!). he captured the attention of thr top european clubs and so chelsea got him...... but London is not Parma. u see adrian never showed any attitude problems in parma coz parma is some kind of a footballing heaven. it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world... it has the tipycal italian flair.... without the tipycal italian noise. The city is such a nice place (it's considered as one of the best place to live in europe since 20 years now), it offers fun.... but doesn't offer too many "distractions". it's italian, but it's also quiet, it's a fantastic city, bit in the same time it's not as "dangerously tempting" as london can be..... especially for a spoiled big child with a huge ego and lots of money, who doesn't understand who are his real friends...who is not able to distinguish people who wanna help and guide him from people who just wanna "use" him.

In London he destroyed his life and carreer. met some "bad companies" ruined his marriage, got in touch with drugs..... and this obviously had an effect on his performances. he hit the bottom. his value decreased a lot and juve realised he could have been a bargain.

he actually did pretty well in juve, but he wasn't a starter there.
The legend says that Corvino asked Prandelli "are u sure u want adrian? he's a trouble-maker, he might spoil the dressing room chemistry" and prandelli repled "don't worry about this. i can handle him. Just bring him here and i'll make his a star again".
and that's exactly what happened. Adrian never created any kind of problems in firenze, prandelli made him the fulcrum of fiorentina's gameplay (well, actually fiorentina's gameplay has not a real fulcrum... wich is what makes their football so nice... but still he's the closest thing to a leader in fiorentina).
the partnership with toni was just unbelievable (much better than the toni-ribery parntership), and even this season, without toni on his side, adrian was such a huge factor.

people in europe noticed it, of course, and it seems shalke did offered him a very rich contract.
now, after shining for 2 years, adrian probably thinks he doesn't need a "father" like prandelli anymore. he probably thinks he can go somewhere else and still keep himself focused on football.
and that's why he asked corvino the same contract shalke offered him, to stay in firenze.

now i don't know if he's really grown. i don't know if he really wanna leave or if he's just trying to get a new contract from Corvino. neither i know if he would be able to keep performing at this level in another team, without prandelli taking care of him.....

to sum up, i don't know if adrian "can live without fiorentina"..... but (and that's for sure) fiorentina "can live without mutu". even though he was a huge factor for fiorentina, the della valle-corvino-prandelli trio already proved they can replace any player, no matter how good he is (as they did with toni). So there's no way Corvino will accept adrian's request and give him 4 millions per year.... if adrian won't reduce his requests, then he will be sold for sure. Corvino will just find an appropriate replacement, or another current player will step up (kuzmanovic? semioli? santana? jovetic?). anyway milito couldn't replace adrian, ste. diego is a fantastic player, but he's completely different (for roles and features) from adrian.

anyway guys, i wouldn't compare adrian, ibra and quaresma. they're different players, they play in different roles... and they also are on a different level (ibra and adrian are definitely world class, while quaresma defeinitely isn't).

Abhishek said:
What happened to Rosina at the end of the season? Really impressed me at the start, but didn't watch any Torino matches come the end of the season.
well at the end of the season rosina was even more impressive. he has been simply IMMENSE against inter, napoli, livorno and fiorentina.... IMMENSE!

Milanista said:
All good signings though! Just hope that he doesnt fire Colantuono since they are his signings. Did you also notice how Jankovic suddenly started to play a lot more and much better when Colantuono returned? It was his signing originally.
yep, very good signings. of course it will take a while raise a football team from theese very good players, to find the rght balance, to give palermo's football a clear plot.... let's just hope zamparini will give enough time to colantuono.
and talking about jankovic, i've got huge expectations on this lad ;)):))

Last edited:

is udinese playing in the middle with romb formation like:

----------amf---------
------lmf------rmf----
----------dmf--------

or four in the line like:

-lmf-cmf-cmf-rmf-?

anyway guys, i wouldn't compare adrian, ibra and quaresma. they're different players, they play in different roles... and they also are on a different level (ibra and adrian are definitely world class, while quaresma defeinitely isn't).

Well who do you feel could fill Adrian's Role?

Btw, I've heard a lot about this player called Andrea Russotto, even being termed the 'closest thing to Baggio Italy have', has anyone seen him?

Back
Top Bottom