Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Well who do you feel could fill Adrian's Role?

well it's not necessarily about "who could take his place". when a system looses an important piece, u can try to change the system.

toni has not been really replaced this season, because prandelli didn't ask pazzini to do what toni used to do (wich is pretty obvious, as pazzini is still far from toni).
nontheless prandelli didn't look for a replacement, coz he knew pazzini has a huge potential.
so he just asked to pazzini to "sacrifice himself" for the team, by doing the "dirty work" for mutu, kuzmanovic, semioli and santana.
pazzini did it (very well), and the team played even better than last year, reaching also a better position in the final table.

who could ever imagine this last season, when luca left?.... prandelli, of course :))

about russotto, i heard a lot about him too, but i never saw him playing so i can really talk about him.

Last edited:

is udinese playing in the middle with romb formation like this:

-------- amf--------
----lmf------rmf----
---------dmf--------

...or four in the line like this:

-lmf-cmf-cmf-rmf-?

can someone be kind to help me with this? :))

that's udinese's most reliable starting 11, mate.

--------------------------------handanovic------------------------

------------------zapata---------felipe---------lukovic

------mesto-----------------------------------------------dossena

--------------------------d'agostino------------------------
---------------------------------------inler

----------------pepe---------------------------di natale
----------------------------quagliarella

d'agostino plays a bit behind inler, but he's not a defensive midfielder, he's a pure deep playmaker (like pirlo, corini, liverani, etc...), a fantastic playmaker.

Mesto moved to Genoa Ben! Dossena to Liverpool too.

yep. it's gonna be a terrific task for the pozzo family and leonardi (udinese's sporting director) to replace them..... but afterall they already proved they can replace anybody, and keep playing playing their fantastic football (balbo, sensini, tissone, zico, pizarro, bierhoff, de sanctis, di michele, fiore, giannichedda, iaquinta, locatelli, mauri, natali etc...).

genoa did a hell of a buy. mesto is going to be a huge factor at genova next season! :))

and i believe dossena might do very well too. :))

Sensini :lol:... he played for a bit too long I think, Udinese's defense that season was a total disaster when Cosmi took over from Spalletti. He's legendary though, always loved his face.

Sensini :lol:... he played for a bit too long I think, Udinese's defense that season was a total disaster when Cosmi took over from Spalletti. He's legendary though, always loved his face.

yep, u're right about nestor's late years..... he was great during his prime though.

that's udinese's most reliable starting 11, mate.

--------------------------------handanovic------------------------

------------------zapata---------felipe---------lukovic

------mesto-----------------------------------------------dossena

--------------------------d'agostino------------------------
---------------------------------------inler

----------------pepe---------------------------di natale
----------------------------quagliarella

d'agostino plays a bit behind inler, but he's not a defensive midfielder, he's a pure deep playmaker (like pirlo, corini, liverani, etc...), a fantastic playmaker.

so it's not pure "romb" formation, it's modified 4-4-4 line formation... thank you again!

It seems the rumors about Mutu were created by his agent, Moggi's son... also a dick. Apparently Mutu said that he never wanted all that and just wants to stay with the Viola. Good on him if he does.

"Voglio rimanere alla Fiorentina, non ho mai chiesto quella cifra. Comunque rimando tutto a dopo il campionato europeo, quando mi incontrerò con i dirigenti viola".

It seems the rumors about Mutu were created by his agent, Moggi's son... also a dick. Apparently Mutu said that he never wanted all that and just wants to stay with the Viola. Good on him if he does.

Great news!

Napoli just signed Maggio!

http://www.sscnapoli.it/client/render.aspx?root=707&fwd=1692&content=0

MadbaLL said:
so it's not pure "romb" formation, it's modified 4-4-4 line formation... thank you again!
4-4-4? :SS

it reminds me of Lino Banfi in "l'allenatore nel pallone"
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=pchahe_GocI

"ragazzi quest'anno giocheremo col 5-5-5"
"ma mister, e che si gioca in 15?!"
:LOL: what a great movie that was!

btw, u're wellcome, madball :));))

Last edited:

L'allenatore nel pallone. Its famous in Italy. There also a sequel. Some similar ones would be Tifosi, Eccezionale Veramente 1 & 2.

L'allenatore nel pallone is a cult-trash-comic movie (1984).
they did a sequel last year. i didn't see it, but all my friends told it is crap (as expected).
the original one was great, with a lot of guest stars (platini, boniek, ancelotti, liedholhm, pruzzo, ecc...)

Ste, how come u never watched it!!! u absolutely have to!!!
I didn't watch tifosi... is it worthy?
however take a look at min. 5 of this vid. Young ancelotti and graziani :DD
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=GKxvTpFDAW8

from ecceziunale veramente 2
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2q3...do, is still too early... maybe in august :))

I've seen it, but many years ago, when i was a kid. Tifosi is another trash movie. Fun to watch for all the stars, Maradona, Baresi, Thuram etc. Many famous actors! Worth watching if you want to laugh.

Ben, something embarassing, I saw Eccezzionale Veramente 2 in the cinema!!!!

Ben, something embarassing, I saw Eccezzionale Veramente 2 in the cinema!!!!

that's pretty embarassing indeed :-pp :DD

seek said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about!
you're right mate, let's get back on topic.

palermo's breaking news
floccari's deal is almost done. great! i really like this player... a lot!!!!!!!
also carrozzieri should joing the rosanero (pretty good cb, but i would have rather kept rinaudo honestly)

and appearently palermo is negotiating with lazio for behrami :SHOCK:
i can't see valon signing for palermo (sevilla is looking for him too), but that would be really a hell of a buy!

i'm pretty sorry about rinaudo leaving (we sold him to napoli). he's a very good cb, a 100% palermitano... it won't be easy for carrozzieri to replace him.

bit of a gossip:
rinaudo is going to napoli to replace domizzi (who will leave napoli soon).
i didn't understand why napoli would sell domizzi (who has been great this season). but my sources (and talking about napoli, my sources are very reliable) told me domizzi must leave coz he had sex with iezzo's wife (iezzo is napoli's starting gk). when the dressing room knew it, all the players blamed domizzi for his attitude (of course) and now he has no future anymore in napoli.

LOL!

Just like when Seedorf left Inter. Apparently he slept with Ronaldo's GF. I think Behrami's deal is possible. If Konko goes to Sevilla, the road is open for Palermo. But I think ultimately, he will stay at Lazio.

I have no idea who Milan will sign, I'm starting to think it will be Eto'o.

Apparently you're close to Mutu. Seems like a bad deal for all involved, to be honest.

Not sure how reliable 7gold is though.

Looks like the Riise deal to Roma is through? What are the prices being mentioned?

Around 6 million for Riise. I don't think Mutu will sign for us, he's part of the project and wants Champions League with Viola. 7 Gold is just another one of those typical channels where old men sit around and argue about stupid things, great to watch:D

I think Eto'o will be the one, if not, then I think we might not get a striker.

Ben :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Up1lz2R6o5I :LOL:

I also remember a scene in Eccezzionale Veramente 2 when Abbantantuono goes to the Church and says something like "ma loro perche pregano?"... and his friend says "perche sono interisti".... And he replies "che sfigati" :LOL:

Last edited:

Not much we can do, we also lost a lot of money for not getting into the CL. As long as the divide between our own league doesnt get worse I'll be happy with football. Teams like Napoli, Palermo, Sampdoria and Fiorentina are all getting better and better and getting richer and richer.

Not much we can do, we also lost a lot of money for not getting into the CL. As long as the divide between our own league doesnt get worse I'll be happy with football. Teams like Napoli, Palermo, Sampdoria and Fiorentina are all getting better and better and getting richer and richer.

amen to that, brother :DD
i'd be happy to see english or spanish top clubs winning european cups... as long as our mid class team will keep growing like they have been doing in the last 5 years.

but i guess an interista, a milanista a juventino or a romanista may have a different opinion (and this just shows your fair play and passion for the game, Ste :beer::TU: )

but however i don't think our top clubs will have serious problems in the next few years.
teams like juve and roma definitely depend by their annual incomes.... but inter and milan owners have an huuge amount of money.
u just have to wait until berlusconi will finally decide to invest a bit more on the team.
and talking about inter, well, they don't even have this problem as moratti has never been a "parsimonious" owner :LOL:

Ste, that video is fucking amazing! :LOL: is that "tifosi"?.... i have to get a dvd as soon as possible :DD

"aho' io ho fatto er giuramento de nesta.... per me quello ce resta"
:LOL: priceless!

If you look at our team of season discussion, we had players from almost every team, that shows a lot about the quality of our own teams and how we see them. We had to debate and even have 3 different teams! When some English members were discussion their team of the season, they had players from about 5 different teams.

Anyway, yes, that is Tifosi:D Many 'trash' actors :D

edit- strong rumors linking Lazio to Palacio for $18 million. I personally hope Lazio get him.... they will have a phenomenal attack.

If you look at our team of season discussion, we had players from almost every team, that shows a lot about the quality of our own teams and how we see them. We had to debate and even have 3 different teams! When some English members were discussion their team of the season, they had players from about 5 different teams.

Anyway, yes, that is Tifosi:D Many 'trash' actors :D

edit- strong rumors linking Lazio to Palacio for $18 million. I personally hope Lazio get him.... they will have a phenomenal attack.

Palacio and Pandev? :SHOCK:

I think to finance the Palacios deal Lazio will have to sell a player, probably Pandev or Ledesma (I heard they were after Aimar too, which would suggest a midfielder would be sold). They will only get tribunal money if they sell Behrami, and any money from Stendardo will have to go on paying for Rozenhal. There is still some money left from Oddo sale and Champions League income but not much as they have paid all the money for Carizzo.

Back
Top Bottom