Sony PlayStation

Here is a confession that will seem mad to some people - I often prefer and choose resolution over framerate. I say this now because I think I may have found the game to finally turn me around on that - The Forbidden West.

Here is a confession that will seem mad to some people - I often prefer and choose resolution over framerate. I say this now because I think I may have found the game to finally turn me around on that - The Forbidden West.
Depends the game : if it's more a cinematic lookalike game, sometimes it could looks and feel better overall to play with + resolution - framerate. I get it.
You got the "in the movie" feeling no? For Nioh type of game, it's more playable with FPS mode. But i suppose it's not the case for all games.

As long as it's not 20-25 FPS.

A new golf gaming coming?! I haven’t had the series in focus for some time now…

The state of the animation in that preview...

They really ruined the potential of the game with 2K22, IMO. Dumbed it down for the sake of a wider audience.

Not only that but their community feedback was all ignored, and people respond to every tweet saying things like "oh GOOD you've added a new hat, what about fixing the gameplay".

I have no interest until, at the very least, we get to see some gameplay from EA's PGA game, coming next year.

Didn't ended the first (and the story seems nice writen) so i avoid it, but thanks @PRO_TOO
I only saw Thor as a one of the main "villain"... Well we can say that Kratos is/was an anti-hero so.

Even if he became more sage and peaceful in his new life, and agressed, not in than "vengeance" mode (understandable when you learn what the Olympus gods did to him) he still merciful.
Didn't lost his charisma through, but you see him very differently. It's a recoil for you but i'm still on the PS4 version on my PS5 (everything looks transformed, all effect are activated, and looks like a PS5 game)

Back to Thor, Santa Monica completely breaked with his Marvel's counterpart and many other representations.
He's like Obelix with an hammer, more medieval/savage look and very dissuasive to fight with 😅

"Ragnarok - Myths of Misgards", so with a second title, not only "Ragnarok". Even if the Ragnarok is like the apocalypse of the mythology,
i believe it will be a Trilogy, and the 3rd will get a title more "Endgame" style. Not only from that hint, but because i can't see a GOW restart with only 2 episodes.

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62631533

As expected. I've made here a couple of posts about Sony's "policy" the past few months. They have also several times increased the prices just before a "sale" and applied a discount afterwards bringing down the price to similar presale levels. I had also spotted strange patterns in their digital sales.

I think Evo-Web population is mostly European, but PS5 has been readily available for purchase in the US via Playstation/Sony Direct for the past day or so. Just checked again and there is stock on the console, tried to buy and had no problems all with availability (I didnt actually purchase), but good news to my friends still in search for one... Hopefully MS and Sony can keep inventory available.

I think Evo-Web population is mostly European, but PS5 has been readily available for purchase in the US via Playstation/Sony Direct for the past day or so. Just checked again and there is stock on the console, tried to buy and had no problems all with availability (I didnt actually purchase), but good news to my friends still in search for one... Hopefully MS and Sony can keep inventory available.

In the UK - PS5's are still mainly being bought by scalpers as they are still being sold for £50 - £100 more than RRP.
When they are released on scalper pages on Discord and other sites, they are sold out within about 15 minutes still.

When the PS6 comes out, Sony and Microsoft should sell the consoles on their websites only and 1 per household, until stock has improved.
Selling the machines on a queue bases system would be much better than people getting 5/6 on launch and re-selling for double RRP.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...c-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

PS5 price increase, not in the US for now though, but it affects UK / Europe

The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise noted.*

• Europe
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
  • UK
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
  • Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)
  • China
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan
  • Australia
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
    • PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95
  • Mexico
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
    • PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499
  • Canada
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99

Least the resolution is half decent this time.
The previous PSVR was awful and incredibly low resolution.

+ I am sure they will be snapped up by scalpers and sold for double RRP on release.

bsmaff, this is your exclusive opportunity to pre-order PS VR2!

EXCLUSIVE ACCESS ON:

11:00am GMT 15 November - 09:59am GMT 18 November

Or while supplies last. Subject to availability.

I can't decide whether to go for it or not... I've bought two VR headsets (the PSVR and the Oculus) and didn't think either was worth the faff in the long-run...

I am massively torn on it.
Kind of want it, but also think it will be a huge waste of money and won't ever get used + The last PSVR headset was an absolute croc of shit.

I can't decide whether to go for it or not... I've bought two VR headsets (the PSVR and the Oculus) and didn't think either was worth the faff in the long-run...
Does PS5 even have a decent amount of VR games for someone to decide to splash that amount of money? Don't get me wrong, I know the technology behind this VR headset is good but I really can't see the point right now. If the price was around £300 more and this headset was also PC compatible it would be more tempting to purchase it imo.

Does PS5 even have a decent amount of VR games for someone to decide to splash that amount of money? Don't get me wrong, I know the technology behind this VR headset is good but I really can't see the point right now. If the price was around £300 more and this headset was also PC compatible it would be more tempting to purchase it imo.
You're right. I'd primarily be getting one for Gran Turismo 7 - which I don't think supports it yet - and nothing else.

I got excited for VR years ago because of the thought of "normal" games integrating it - not even in huge, game-changing ways, but just in little ways. Giving a new camera angle in FIFA / CoD / GTA, for example (with a standard controller in my hand, playing the game as I normally would).

But the only thing VR seems to get is mini-games...

You're right. I'd primarily be getting one for Gran Turismo 7 - which I don't think supports it yet - and nothing else.

I got excited for VR years ago because of the thought of "normal" games integrating it - not even in huge, game-changing ways, but just in little ways. Giving a new camera angle in FIFA / CoD / GTA, for example (with a standard controller in my hand, playing the game as I normally would).

But the only thing VR seems to get is mini-games...
You have some nice integration in some titles like Star Wars Squadrons where it is really cool to sit in an X-Wing and Tie Fighter and even Skyrim VR is really nice. But sadly there is not enough titles.

Strange been refreshing the page now and again and came back into stock..

PSVR2.png

The Games aren’t there yet on console (the huge majority), at least for me. It all looks like “child software” and when I see the community already talking about if and how Sony may bring remakes from PSVR1… yeah… not mine. In the great picture, I see even the whole VR thing still being in it’s “kids shoes”…
A system, doesn’t matter wich one to me, can only be as good as the software it handles.

off topic but as reference: a 300 euro Q2 is giving a decent VR experience with titles, that aren’t possible on console. Not yet anyway.

don’t wanna sound pessimistic or grumpy, I’m just giving me 2 cents. 😊🤷‍♂️

edit: the Varjo for 6000 Euro plus subscription looks very good though! 😂

You have some nice integration in some titles like Star Wars Squadrons where it is really cool to sit in an X-Wing and Tie Fighter and even Skyrim VR is really nice. But sadly there is not enough titles.
I really regretted getting rid of the last headset I had when, within a month, Skyrim VR was announced. That's the one thing I would have loved to try.

There were some PC experiences that looked great, but I'm never going to have a PC powerful enough for that - I remember seeing a video of a rally game in a much higher fidelity than you could get on the PSVR. It looked absolutely terrifying, driving at night, in the rain, through a forest at 80mph. I'd have loved to have tried that.

I found it made a real difference in driving games - I played Driveclub, and judging braking distances was so much more natural than on a flat screen. Made a huge difference.

But it always felt like VR was designed to be a "pick up and play for an hour" experience - possibly for health reasons - so nothing ever had the depth to suck me in long-term (Skyrim could have done).

I really enjoyed Superhot too, as did everyone who tried it when I had the Oculus headset. If there had been a handful more games I was interested in, I'd have probably kept the Oculus just to finish that!

There is no games available at all and probably going to massively regret buying it, as should really buy one for my PC rather than the PS.
Hopefully they will add VR for driving games like F1 and AC, but hopefully they will also add support so I can use the headset on Steam and with the PC.

I really regretted getting rid of the last headset I had when, within a month, Skyrim VR was announced. That's the one thing I would have loved to try.

There were some PC experiences that looked great, but I'm never going to have a PC powerful enough for that - I remember seeing a video of a rally game in a much higher fidelity than you could get on the PSVR. It looked absolutely terrifying, driving at night, in the rain, through a forest at 80mph. I'd have loved to have tried that.

I found it made a real difference in driving games - I played Driveclub, and judging braking distances was so much more natural than on a flat screen. Made a huge difference.

But it always felt like VR was designed to be a "pick up and play for an hour" experience - possibly for health reasons - so nothing ever had the depth to suck me in long-term (Skyrim could have done).

I really enjoyed Superhot too, as did everyone who tried it when I had the Oculus headset. If there had been a handful more games I was interested in, I'd have probably kept the Oculus just to finish that!
I remember playing Arkham VR and being amazed at the atmosphere. Then in Skyrim just sitting on a stool in the Tavern and taking in the scenery was really great. Also Resident Evil 7 was freaking scary.

There are some great experiences to be had for sure. And like you said for Driveclub or even for Space Games like Squadron, it is another level. Living the dream of flying an X-Wing and seeing how huge Star Destroyers are left me in awe.

But then you have 3-4 months of no game coming out that can give you this immersion and feeling and way too many mini games and shooting galleries.

Hopefully this one will be an improvement.

The only thing I remember about the original PSVR is how bad the resolution was and everything looked like a PS1 game, with the Resident Evil demo being laughable.

With the right quality though I am sure it will be a better experience.
Just hope they will release more patches and more games, as most of the listed games I don't even have.

Back
Top Bottom