The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

The problem is, it hasn't. It has in one case, because they've been forced into it. But nobody else will lose ownership of their club, because it would require a sanction. There's too much money and too much legal red tape to be able to throw anybody else out now.

Will they stop dodgy new owners coming to the EPL? I highly doubt it. Nothing has changed, only one case. You watch the next owner of Chelsea be a Chinese billionaire who goes to a yacht club with Xi Jinping.
It's so sad.
I get that to be able to get that kind of money ,you'll have to do some dodgy shit.
But bombing and killing kids (Russia/Saudi) should be a big no no to be able to own a club.

I'm pretty sure ,not 100% though ,that owning a club in North America is tougher ,screening wise than in Europe ,especially the big leagues NFL/NBA.

Don't know if you know the story on Sterling ,former owner of LA Clippers ,he got forced to sell the club due to his racial slur (recorded secretly) by the organisation.
Not sure that would happen in the PL

Not often I get to watch Dutch Eredivisie ,but the Ajax Feyenoord game is brilliant.
Pressing/pace is so fun to see.
Doesn't hurt that Feyenoord is 2-1 up either.

Though Ajax nr 11 (Anthony?) Is the biggest primmadonna I've ever seen.
Gets a yellow for his celebration when scoring ,gets tackled late in the game ,rolls out of the pitch "in terrible pain" rolls back to get the sympathy from the ref and get a stop in play ,gets a second yellow and gets sent off.
What a cunt

4-0 Barcelona after 53 min.
Will it be the hand? (5)

Btw ,this is funny in its
terribleness👇

Quite the result last night. Watched most of it (not pictured: LaLiga TV) and Real Madrid looked absolutely hopeless. Are they a one-man (Benzema) team?

On the TV situation, without piracy, I would never ever engage with the precious LaLiga brand. Or any of its teams on any level. Shades of Florentino Perez's 'kids aren't watching football' claims to justify the Super League. I make it £51 a month to get NowTV and Premier Sports (both required if you want to watch the 'big five' leagues and European competitions) and that's their online only packages. So another £25 on top of that for sufficient broadband.

Spread over the year I pay £31 a month for my broadband and my IPTV subscription. That also gets me Scottish club streams which cost around £15-20 per game - although I don't mind paying that fee when Aberdeen plays all but two teams in the league, another of my Guess Who games for you to enjoy.

Given the respective incomes of my household and your average elite-level football clubs, I regret and apologise for nothing. Unless the police ask or - by advocating piracy - I'm breaking Evo-Web laws.

Weird one, Real Madrid.
Makes a great comeback vs Qatar, but gets bummed properly vs Barca.
I think Xavi has got them on the right track for sure.
The stream thing no issues watching free stuff for me ,not going to pay € 50-150 a month for the odd PL/La liga/Serie Av game.
Especially those superleague cunts (Barca RM Juve)

The EFL has ifollow which is club based. In most cases you aren't allowed to watch your clubs matches if you live in the UK, although they have had some available on midweek games. However at £10 per game they can whistle. On the one hand it seems daft to say that when I pay just under double that to go to the game with a season ticket and it would cost over double that if it was an away game (ignoring travel/eating costs as well) but it just seems an outrageous price to me to watch one game online and I refuse to pay it. If you live abroad you can buy a season ticket to watch the entire season for your club. I don't know how much they charge for that but presumably it's a much better deal than the £460 it would cost to individually buy. They even charge £10 for EFL Trophy games. I mean, really?

@rockstrongo Slightly off topic. Seen 2 or 3 Spurs games on tv and I've been impressed with Kulusevski by the way! Every bit as impressive as he was in the youth league OF!

The EFL has ifollow which is club based. In most cases you aren't allowed to watch your clubs matches if you live in the UK, although they have had some available on midweek games. However at £10 per game they can whistle. On the one hand it seems daft to say that when I pay just under double that to go to the game with a season ticket and it would cost over double that if it was an away game (ignoring travel/eating costs as well) but it just seems an outrageous price to me to watch one game online and I refuse to pay it. If you live abroad you can buy a season ticket to watch the entire season for your club. I don't know how much they charge for that but presumably it's a much better deal than the £460 it would cost to individually buy. They even charge £10 for EFL Trophy games. I mean, really?

@rockstrongo Slightly off topic. Seen 2 or 3 Spurs games on tv and I've been impressed with Kulusevski by the way! Every bit as impressive as he was in the youth league OF!
He's really taking steps at spurs ,dead to me though ,because he's at fucking spurs:)
Joking aside ,think it's a good move for him atm , Juventus seems to be going down in flames (Vs their past 5-10 seasons)
I think we could claim some compensation from his agent buddy ,we discovered him first!

Btw ,that was a brilliant idea ,some sort of an online league on Pes 5-6 would be smashing

The best tactical move of the week, was by the PSV bus driver. Last week PSV played against Copenhague away. He knew that the Copenhague fans would disturb the PSV players in their sleep and he ha a splendid idea.

He parked the club bus on the parking of another hotel than the one were the players slept...and the Copenhague fans turned up near the wrong hotel...great move. Would have been even better if he parked the bus at the hotel where the Copendhague slept.

PSV won 0-4. Great story.

Any body here has followed the Marc Overmars saga in the month of february.
Former Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona player worked for Ajax as director of football and was hugely succesfull. He was seen as the new golden boy of Dutch football.
In february Overmars suddenly was dismissed for what called 'unacceptable behavior' against female employees of Ajax. Soon it became clear that one of the unacceptable things Overmars did was sending hunders of text messages to female employees and he even sent dick picks. That was a couple of bridges too far and Overmars was sacked. Ajax even filed a juridicial complaint (still being treated as i write this).

Last monday shock news here in Belgium. Royal Antwerp FC had big news: Marc Overmars was introduced as their new director of football. At the press conference the director of Antwerp(Sven Jacques) said that the club and Overmars had a good talk about moral values and that the moral values of Overmars and Antwerp match with each other.

In Holland reactions were harsh. Everybody deserve a second chance, but after what happened at Ajax this was deemed much too soon for a second start. Over here in Belgium most people have a similar reaction and Antwerp already lost a big sponsor.

At the press conference a journalist asked of the club had discussed this with the female employees of Antwerp. That wasn't deemed necessary...

A couple of years ago ANtwerp was bought by one of the richest business men of Belgium who wants immediate success and doesn't care about ethics. I have nothing against Antwerp, but i hope they don't win anything the next 5 years.

Any body here has followed the Marc Overmars saga in the month of february.
Former Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona player worked for Ajax as director of football and was hugely succesfull. He was seen as the new golden boy of Dutch football.
In february Overmars suddenly was dismissed for what called 'unacceptable behavior' against female employees of Ajax. Soon it became clear that one of the unacceptable things Overmars did was sending hunders of text messages to female employees and he even sent dick picks. That was a couple of bridges too far and Overmars was sacked. Ajax even filed a juridicial complaint (still being treated as i write this).

Last monday shock news here in Belgium. Royal Antwerp FC had big news: Marc Overmars was introduced as their new director of football. At the press conference the director of Antwerp(Sven Jacques) said that the club and Overmars had a good talk about moral values and that the moral values of Overmars and Antwerp match with each other.

In Holland reactions were harsh. Everybody deserve a second chance, but after what happened at Ajax this was deemed much too soon for a second start. Over here in Belgium most people have a similar reaction and Antwerp already lost a big sponsor.

At the press conference a journalist asked of the club had discussed this with the female employees of Antwerp. That wasn't deemed necessary...

A couple of years ago ANtwerp was bought by one of the richest business men of Belgium who wants immediate success and doesn't care about ethics. I have nothing against Antwerp, but i hope they don't win anything the next 5 years.

Recently in Scotland we had similar but on a more sinister scale with David Goodwillie. As a result, it sparked the conversation about second chances.

It's pretty complicated case, but the reactions were bizarre. Raith Rovers were adamant the signing was purely football-related and nothing else needed to be considered - an incredible take showing they were willing to overlook everything else associated with him, and believed everyone else should too.

The overwhelming public opinion (and I think this is relevant for all matters of ethics in football) in Scotland is that football should be held to a higher standard. Second chances should be harder to come by, if at all. Unfortunately, senior people at football clubs don't see it the same way. Football (and finances) rule the heads.

As a neutral I'm sad Italy won't be at the World Cup. They're a footballing powerhouse, it's the coolest country, their national anthem is by far the best in the world and they piss England off. What's not to like.
I didn't follow their groupe stage, do they results got worst after winning the Euro cup ?

According to Sport (Spain): The 5 changes allowed per team (in 3 times maximum), will definitely enter the rules of the game governed by the IFAB (International Football Association Board). This measure will enter definitively into force next season and will be included in law n°3

I think that's a crap move making it 5 changes. Just increases the gap between the have's and have not's even further with stronger benches and makes more players content to stay at the big teams because they'll get to have a bit more game time than they would otherwise.

I think a great way to begin to even the playing field a bit would be to only allow 4 subs on the bench one of whom must be a keeper. That way players will be less inclined to stay at clubs when they aren't even getting involved in match days and will prefer to go somewhere they will play thus strengthening other teams and indeed the entire league as the talent spreads out.

I think that's a crap move making it 5 changes. Just increases the gap between the have's and have not's even further with stronger benches and makes more players content to stay at the big teams because they'll get to have a bit more game time than they would otherwise.

I think a great way to begin to even the playing field a bit would be to only allow 4 subs on the bench one of whom must be a keeper. That way players will be less inclined to stay at clubs when they aren't even getting involved in match days and will prefer to go somewhere they will play thus strengthening other teams and indeed the entire league as the talent spreads out.

Yeah I'm dead against it for that reason.

In a similar vein, squad sizes should be capped. Maybe 25 per age group for any one club. The stockpiling (Chelsea the worst example) is appalling.

Saw a mini documentary on polish team Raków Częstochowa.
They played polish 2nd/3rd tier as late as 2016 ,got some tech money ,but most importantly got a new head coach with different approach to team sports ,a former PE teacher (still worked halftime as it a few years ago) and has risen up to polish Ekstraklasa (their PL) and has won the cup ,played conference League ,and are now sitting on top of the polish league.

So cool to see that (not only) money makes succes ,but hard work and a different approach.
He never budges on his questionnaire after the games ,players need to evaluate themselves and others for instance.
Love stories like this , especially Vs Putin money or Saudi money
It's team from my hometown in Poland, been attending their games since like 1990. Last year - exactly on their centenary (that stands for 100 years, right?) - they have achieved the greatest (so far) feat ever, winning Polish Cup and Supercup plus finishing 2nd in the league. Next month they may even top this achievement, currently 2nd again but just one point behind the leaders plus in semis of Polish Cup. True "Cinderella" story, but fingers crossed they will win the league this time :APPLAUD:

Yeah I'm dead against it for that reason.

In a similar vein, squad sizes should be capped. Maybe 25 per age group for any one club. The stockpiling (Chelsea the worst example) is appalling.

Yes totally agree with that regarding academy sizes. Over 30 players again this season isn't it that Chelsea have on loan? They just hoover up any young kid anywhere. I remember a couple of years back my mate showing me a flyer his son had been given at school from Chelsea advertising their summer football camp they were running here!

There should be strict limits on distances from the club as well, certainly until a certain age, say 14/15. Then they can compensate the club they are at to sign them.

In the past smaller clubs would have local players coming through their academy and those that were good enough would be signed by a big club and would also have had the benefit of probably playing 50-100 games at men's level whilst teenager's. Now it goes the other way. They start at a Premier Academy and work their way down to their level!

Now we get players on loan from Premier teams who have never played anything but u18 or u23 football and look physically out of their depth. We had a player on loan from Palace 4-5 years ago who is now knocking around in non league. They hoover up everyone who shows any kind of talent/promise at 6-8yrs old and it's a number's game. We had a youngster on loan from Arsenal in the first half of this season who is highly thought of by them and was even touted to be included in their first team squad this season. He was out of his depth in League One. Technically very good, physically out of his depth. To be honest he looked a typical Arsenal player of recent years. Great on the ball, missing off it.

Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag should join a football club, not a commerical club. Manchester United is a commercial club."

Louis van Gaal: "Erik ten Hag is a great coach and that is always good for Manchester United. But Manchester United is a commercial club, which is difficult for a coach. It is better for him to go to a football club."

PSG young talent " Ismael Gharbi " will assist to the match vs Mali (2nd Leg of WC Qualification).

The Tunisian federation want to convince him (his father is Tunisian) to play for the national team. Since he was called from the Spanish Federation to pay for the U18

1648474888737.png

1648474569510.png

Back
Top Bottom