(1st place, 2nd place)

Group A: Netherlands and Senegal
Group B: England and USA
Group C: Argentina and Poland
Group D: France and Denmark
Group E: Spain and Germany
Group F: Belgium and Croatia
Group G: Brazil and Switzerland
Group H: Portugal and Korea (yep! Korea!)

Second Round:
Netherlands over USA, Argentina over Denmark, Croatia over Spain (yes!), Brazil over Korea, England over Senegal, France over Poland, Germany over Belgium, Switzerland over Portugal (too much drama with the Portuguese)

Quarterfinals:
Netherlands over Argentina in a lopsided match, the upset of the tournament
Brazil over Croatia
France over England
Germany over Switzerland

Semifinals:
Brazil over Netherlands in the match of the World Cup, 3-2 for the Brazilians.
Germany over France

Final:
Germany over Brazil (2-0, in a repeat of the 2002 World Cup Final, but with the opposite result!)

Some notes:
- Germany might not have superstar power, but their discipline, chip on their shoulder, mentality, and teamwork will carry them to the trophy.
- Uruguay underwhelms, even with Valverde, Suarez, Cavani and company.. Korea shocks them in group stage to advance to the 2nd round. :)
- Argentina's run ends against the Oranje, a match in which the Dutch play out of their minds.
- Croatia beats Spain in a stellar performance by Modric and company, the old dudes strike again!
- The Americans and the Iranians hug and exchange shirts after the match. :)

There you go dude! As you can tell my predictions might not be the most realistic, but I put in some heart in there too. :LOL:

Loved both of your predictions @Silverdome94 @millossobek, it would be awesome to see either Switzerland or Denmark in the semifinals. Here are mine, in the same format as millosobek:

(1st place, 2nd place)

Group B: England and Iran
Group D: Denmark and France
Group F: Belgium and Morocco
Group H: Uruguay and Portugal (tempted to go for Korea too though!)

Second Round:
Netherlands over Iran, Argentina over France, Spain over Morocco (very close game), Brazil over Portugal, England over Senegal (see it going past the 90 minutes), Denmark over Poland, Germany over Belgium, Uruguay over Switzerland (same here, this could go either way)

Quarterfinals:
Argentina over Netherlands
Spain over Brazil (certainly the upset of the tournament, same feeling as Belgium v Brazil 2018)
Denmark over England (revenge after that EUROs semis)
Germany over Uruguay (desire won't be enough for Uruguay)

Semifinals:
Argentina over Spain (best game of the tournament)
Germany over Denmark

Final:
Argentina takes revenge and gets a much suffered penalties win over Germany. 0-0 in both regular and extra time, but at least two clear chances for both of them.

Some notes:
- Portugal to go through in the last game against Korea, very very close. A disappointing tactical performace by Fernando Santos, again.
- Ecuador will surprise by not winning a single game, losing to Qatar in the opening game
- Both Iran and Morocco, two teams that could surprise everyone. Iran with a solid defence game with Queiroz back, while having two great strikers like Taremi and Azmoun, and Morocco with fantastic technique and a somewhat solid defensive line
- Spain will prove to be a serious contender for the title from the start, only falling to an heroic Argentina in the semis
- Serbia, who many are predicting to go through, will once again be beaten by the Swiss in the group stage

There are some things that could change though: I can see Korea and Croatia going through too, time will tell.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like it's only 3 of us with the predictions! Looks like USA and Wales will be battling it out for second place.. Wasn't expecting Wales to equalize at all! Will Iran be able to recover? And Senegal was unlucky.. They played pretty well only to concede 2 goals to the Netherlands.. Let's see how it keeps going. :)

Well, it looks like it's only 3 of us with the predictions! Looks like USA and Wales will be battling it out for second place.. Wasn't expecting Wales to equalize at all! Will Iran be able to recover? And Senegal was unlucky.. They played pretty well only to concede 2 goals to the Netherlands.. Let's see how it keeps going. :)
My prediction, USA wins the Cup, and brings "Soccer" home!!! :)

Well jokes aside, i always like USA and less Australia, cause they used to play a more "innocent" style of football.

But this time, as i checked the USA NT squad, most players as individual are prolific to world class, given the teams they are playing/played.

It is pretty much what we Europeans call, a matter of Legacy. If the players of USA, were wearing another shirt, from a "higher Tier" team, or with "bigger" tradition, like Belgium or Netherlands or Portugal, we would speak about a NT class of the future.

Some times, the shirt, the badge, the legacy, the tradition , plays football together with the players.

Loved both of your predictions @Silverdome94 @millossobek, it would be awesome to see either Switzerland or Denmark in the semifinals. Here are mine, in the same format as millosobek:

(1st place, 2nd place)

Second Round:
Netherlands over Iran, Argentina over France, Spain over Morocco (very close game), Brazil over Portugal, England over Senegal (see it going past the 90 minutes), Denmark over Poland, Germany over Belgium, Uruguay over Switzerland (same here, this could go either way)

Quarterfinals:
Spain over Brazil (certainly the upset of the tournament, same feeling as Belgium v Brazil 2018)

Semifinals:
Germany over Denmark

Final:
Argentina takes revenge and gets a much suffered penalties win over Germany. 0-0 in both regular and extra time, but at least two clear chances for both of them.

Some notes:
- Portugal to go through in the last game against Korea, very very close. A disappointing tactical performace by Fernando Santos, again.
- Ecuador will surprise by not winning a single game, losing to Qatar in the opening game
- Both Iran and Morocco, two teams that could surprise everyone. Iran with a solid defence game with Queiroz back, while having two great strikers like Taremi and Azmoun, and Morocco with fantastic technique and a somewhat solid defensive line
- Spain will prove to be a serious contender for the title from the start, only falling to an heroic Argentina in the semis
- Serbia, who many are predicting to go through, will once again be beaten by the Swiss in the group stage

There are some things that could change though: I can see Korea and Croatia going through too, time will tell.
Hey, not that far! Leaving Ecuador and Serbia out (I knew the Swiss would beat them!) and Morocco did surprise and went on to qualify. Lets see how things turn out :)

Congrats to @millossobek on correctly guessing that Uruguay gets eliminated by Korea, and @Silverdome94, Switzerland are on their way to the final :SHOCK:

Sinisa Mihajlovic passed away after a long battle against leukemia.
https://www.eurosport.com/football/...after-leukaemia-battle_sto9276356/story.shtml

He was one of the heroes of my adolescence. A fighter. The best and most unique left foot I've ever saw taking free kicks or corners. Impossible to me, as of now, to not lose myself in sadness and nostalgia.

Rest in peace.
Very sad news indeed. He was a fantastic player. His free kicks were out of this world. Didn't he score a hattrick for Lazio, all three goals were free kicks?! Or when he was playing for Inter, he scored both goals in a 2-0 vs Roma. I remember that scene with Adriano before taking one of these free kicks.... Then I see Miha in his mid 30s and a very young Ibra fighting in a Derby d'Italia. I think Ibra even wrote in his biography, when he received the offer in summer 2006 he first did not want to join Inter because Mihajlovic was there who just finished his playing career and started to work in the staff of Mancini, but then they became good friends. During the last years he was battling with leukaemia, I think about when he was in hospital and his players from Bologna visited him to celebrate after winning a game. Many, many memories come to my mind thinking about him... Rest in peace Sinisa Mihajlovic

Very sad news indeed. He was a fantastic player. His free kicks were out of this world. Didn't he score a hattrick for Lazio, all three goals were free kicks?! Or when he was playing for Inter, he scored both goals in a 2-0 vs Roma. I remember that scene with Adriano before taking one of these free kicks.... Then I see Miha in his mid 30s and a very young Ibra fighting in a Derby d'Italia. I think Ibra even wrote in his biography, when he received the offer in summer 2006 he first did not want to join Inter because Mihajlovic was there who just finished his playing career and started to work in the staff of Mancini, but then they became good friends. During the last years he was battling with leukaemia, I think about when he was in hospital and his players from Bologna visited him to celebrate after winning a game. Many, many memories come to my mind thinking about him... Rest in peace Sinisa Mihajlovic

Yes, he did score a free kick hat trick against Sampdoria. And so many other, unforgettable set pieces. I swear I've never saw in my whole life a player that gave me his same sensations, in absolute. Every corner, free kick but also long ball from the defense was a costant danger when he was kicking, if I close my eyes I can still see so many of them as this stuff happened just yesterday. But it has been way more than 20 years now. As a Lazio fan it particularly hit me, as he arrived in my team when I was thirteen years old, and with him the greatest Lazio ever started to exist. At that age, being so freshly and innocently passionated with football, I couldn't help but see so many of my players as demigods, modern heroes.. immortals. But, yeah, of course disease never cared about our narratives and meanings.

Guess he'll still live in his beautiful, numerous family and in all the fans that loved him.

(1st place, 2nd place)

Second Round:

Quarterfinals:

Semifinals:
Germany over Denmark

Final:

Some notes:

Well, Spain against Morocco was indeed a very close game. I will also take credit for saying, right at the end, that I could see Korea and Croatia going through, but most important, Argentina did win!!!

Help me please short. Is the kit from LFC in the carabao cup match v ManC a new one? dark red? :THINK:

Why Liverpool?

It's absolutley shamefull in a 2023 year. It is an really big problem we have sadly in our world. I mean why we hate us all? This is so stupid we have all the same blood, we are all the same. With the same bad luck and good luck, the same feelings and dreams. No matter which religion or roots or something. WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE FROM THE PLANET EARTH! So can we please life in our to short lifes in love and peace!

It's beyond disgraceful and I'm ashamed these people support my own club. Unfortunately things in this sense will only change when stadiums in Italy will become like Premier League ones, with hard repressions to responsible single ones.. as of now, by closing stands once in a while and whatnot we are still trying to stop a forest fire with a glass of water. There literally is no reasoning with those individuals.

Cameroonian former midfielder Modeste M'Bami, who notably spent most of his career in France namely PSG and Olympique de Marseille, with some short spells in Spain, China, Saudi Arabia and Colombia has passed away yesterday of a heart attack according to Paris aint-Germain. He is regarded as one of Africa's great players of the modern era and has been a solid starter for Cameroon.

M'Bami left us

1674978079538.png
Things are getting very interesting atop the Bundesliga table. Very tight, and ater Bayern's draw against Frankfurt yesterday made it 3 draws in a row for the Bavarians, FC Union Berlin has won 3 straight, with Leipzig and Friburg very close behind. Only 6 points separate Bayern from 6th place Dortmund now. Rooting for Union Berlin or Frankfurt to pull off the miracle.

View attachment 199683
Things are getting very interesting atop the Bundesliga table. Very tight, and ater Bayern's draw against Frankfurt yesterday made it 3 draws in a row for the Bavarians, FC Union Berlin has won 3 straight, with Leipzig and Friburg very close behind. Only 6 points separate Bayern from 6th place Dortmund now. Rooting for Union Berlin or Frankfurt to pull off the miracle.

I'm rooting anyone except bayern to Win the league. Bundesliga need it. But yeah it's Bayern, they gonna be back sooner or later :D

@Hayes I wouldn't want Red Bull Lepzig to win it either. :LOL: not a big fan of the "conglomerate" teams. You're definitely right though.. The Bundesliga urgently needs a change, it's become way too predictable. I think Inter and Milan winning the last two Serie A's (with Napoli looking like they will run away with it this season) has given Italian Football a breath of fresh air, and German football needs this too.

@Hayes I wouldn't want Red Bull Lepzig to win it either. :LOL: not a big fan of the "conglomerate" teams. You're definitely right though.. The Bundesliga urgently needs a change, it's become way too predictable. I think Inter and Milan winning the last two Serie A's (with Napoli looking like they will run away with it this season) has given Italian Football a breath of fresh air, and German football needs this too.

I wouldn't believe napoli won the league until they lift the title. If one club that can stop napoli right now, it's napoli themself, lol. I think this time they got lucky. Milan choked, juve get fked with all 15p deduction but credit to napoli they're great this season.

Speaking of Serie A, its YouTube channel currently the best YT channel of europe football top league. Upload the highlights just 1 or 2 hours after the match, no restrictions, english commentary.

Todays Serie A marathon for me was absolutely brilliant.
Milan 2-5 Sassuolo
Juvemerda 0-2 Monza
Lazio 1-1 Fiorentina
and finally one of the best games ive seen in years Napoli 2-1 Roma, a crazy good game

I'm really happy that James Rodriguez is doing well in Olympiakos

Even though his career has been full of ups and downs, I'm happy to see that he has found a home in the Greek capital and is doing really well. He even won the Greek League player of the month.. :)

Thing with James is, when things aren't going his way, he starts to sulk and can easily become disgruntled. But when he plays in a system that can work well for his gameplay, he can really show his quality.

Here's hoping Nestor Lorenzo once again calls him to the Colombian National Team. :TU:

What is this "Kings League" nonsense? 7v7 tournament organized by Pique? Golden cards to have goals count as double and triple goals?

https://www.euronews.com/culture/20...t-gerard-piques-bonkers-7-aside-football-tour

Aguero, Chicharito and others have signed on to play with Spanish "streamers".

First e-football, now this. Apparently they will have tens of thousands of people attending the "final" at Camp Nou.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I don't think this is good for football at all. Short attention span games for a short attention span generation. Definitely not amused. I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom