The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Final is boring when your fav club is not in final, lol.
Hm? I liked the 2016 final - were Barcelona playing in it? No. You make it sound as if Football is all about your club only? Even the Late 90s finals were good, so was 2005's final. Was Barcelona in them? No.

I think regardless of whether we are talking about the Champions League, Europa League, Libertadores, Sudamericana, AFC or CAF Champions League, etc.. Finals are usually not as entertaining because teams don't want to take risks and they end up playing very defensively: the higher the stakes the more cautious teams play. Doesn't happen every time but it usually does.

That being said, I find the AFC and CAF Champions Leagues, as well as Libertadores, much more interesting than the UEFA Champions League nowadays, much more compelling, and that probably won't change until a real outsider breaks through, a real surprise happens in UEFA CL (which probably won't happen in a long, long while).

Finals are usually not as entertaining because teams don't want to take risks and they end up playing very defensively
Yeah this is true, this is seen across the 80s 90s and obviously to this day too. I think the 2015 final and 2017 and 2018 finals were "entertaining" but they were one sided and predictable from a neutral view. This years final was actually not as what we had expected so that was interesting

178432-millonarios-futbol-club-colombia-futbol-clubes-america-deportes.gif

Millonarios, my dear team, we have just won the Colombian Championship against our biggest rivals, Atlético Nacional.
Penalties in Bogotá, after drawing away at their stadium, we came up huge in the shootout.
Well played Atlético Nacional, you were a gallant rival, and I hope all celebrations come in peace and harmony.
Millonarios has won our 16th Colombian Championship, and will be playing Copa Libertadores!!!!
:BSCARF: This is one of the happiest days of my footballing life. :BSCARF:

asfar.gif
I would also like to congratulate my friend @The Moroccan,
:RSCARF: Whose AS FAR has won their first Botola Championship in 15 years, and 13th overall!!!! :GSCARF:
An incredible match, with an epic, dramatic conclusion!!!!!!!!
We shared amazing footballing moments together, bro,
And now we get to celebrate together!!!!!

I Love Football.

Last edited:
Anybody here saw the last day of the Belgian league. Man i was i gutted.
With one match to play, 3 teams could win the league: Antwerp (1st), Union (2) and Racing Genk (my favourite team who were third).
Last match: Union -Club Brugge and KRC Genk - Antwerp.
If Antwerp win they are always champion.
Union is champion if Antwerp looses or has a draw and Union wins.
Genk wins when it beats Antwerp and Union doesn't win.

At half-time:
Union-Brugge 0-0
Genk -Antwerp 1-0 (Genk champions).

After 46 minutes:
Union- Brugge 1-0
Genk -Antwerp 1-0 (Union Champions).

After 60 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-0
Genk- Antwerp 1-1 (Union champions).

After 78 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-0
Genk- Antwerp 2-1 (Union champions)

After 83 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-1
Genk-Antwerp 2-1 (Genk champions).

After 86 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-2
Genk-Antwerp 2-1 (Genk)

After 88 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-3
Genk- Antwerp 2-1 (Genk)

After 96 minutes:
Union-Brugge 1-3
Genkt- Antwerp 2-2 Antwerp

With that extra time goal Antwerp wins the title.

As a Genk fan i was utterly gutted (not sure about the end result of the other match by the way, it could have ended 1-4, but who cares).

Genk were top of the leagur from octobre, but sold 3 CF's and that was what did if for them. Onuachu was a score machine for them, then went to Southampton barely played at all and the replacement of Onuachu got injured in his first match.
I've never seen mu-y favourite team play beter football...but they ended second.

A little bit out of topic.. this Football's greatest episodes were filmed in 2018 ? They had a diffrerent intro than the 2012 episodes.

1689348963261.png

As a a Spurs fan: shame on Tottenham for not helping Delle Alli.
That is what heartless managers like Mourinho and Conte does with a club. Delle Alli was one of the stars of the great Pocchetino team (remember that goal against Palace and countless other great performances). So dum in him when he has a rough patch, that is a shame. Horrific.

IMO they should buy him, help him and give him time to become the man and the player he once was. And even if he never reaches that level, give him a job as youth coach, scout or something. Now it's time to pay him back.

Did you guys see Argentinos Juniors' Luciano Sánchez' injury in the game against Fluminense? Terrible to say the least. Might be the worst injury I have ever seen on a football field.

I really feel bad for Marcelo too, it clearly wasn't his intention.

On sunday this week is the FA Community Shield gunners v man city. I will watch it on dazn and cross my fingers for arsenal.

And they will get one, because in football, money always wins. And now we are complaining, but we forget thatEuropean football destroyed Sout-American and African club football and this Saudi-Arabian competition is less artificial than the Chinese League, and football in the USA, because they always had big audiences, but nevertheless, idon't like this.

Guys, here's a fun daily game: https://www.immaculatefooty.com/

The premise is, each day, you have to pick a player that fits both criteria (clubs, etc, change daily) and you can only use a player once. You get 9 guesses to try and create a perfect grid. Try it out, it's fun (the baseball/football/basketball/hockey ones are also a lot of fun if you like US sports)

@mattmid Heard/saw there was a bit of a drama vs Cheltenham today.

Yeah! The football was completely uneventful unfortunately! However in the first half a linesman injured himself, he was ok to continue as 4th official and the 4th official took over the line. Second half, about 55 minutes gone we get a free kick next thing the ref picks up the ball and goes over to the sideline and we eventually find out the replacement linesman has now injured himself as well! Call out on the tannoy's to see if there's a qualified match official in the stands and it turns out there was! 20 minutes later he comes out with the linesman's kit on and gold boots :LOL: Presumably borrowed from a player! Result of all that was 21 minutes added on and then 5 more minutes added on to that! In which time bugger all happened on the pitch.

Yeah! The football was completely uneventful unfortunately! However in the first half a linesman injured himself, he was ok to continue as 4th official and the 4th official took over the line. Second half, about 55 minutes gone we get a free kick next thing the ref picks up the ball and goes over to the sideline and we eventually find out the replacement linesman has now injured himself as well! Call out on the tannoy's to see if there's a qualified match official in the stands and it turns out there was! 20 minutes later he comes out with the linesman's kit on and gold boots :LOL: Presumably borrowed from a player! Result of all that was 21 minutes added on and then 5 more minutes added on to that! In which time bugger all happened on the pitch.
Amazing Matt:)

Back
Top Bottom