The Master League adventures thread

Some big scoring here, but as you say, scorelines don't tell the whole truth.A lot saves by the GK, judging by fulltime stats. Who is your Goalie mate?

Our 1st match, in the 2nd round of FA cup, was a traditional nightmare.. Playing vs Leeds United in Old Trafford, nice choice by English FA, AFAIK from my ML in PES 2016 , Leeds and ManU are rivals?? Whatever...

Strange staff happened as usual, Leeds has been transformed to our bad demon by now, still we haven't win them in a single match, in 2 seasons..
View attachment 143509
The match video.
Fabiano ,he's been with me since day one.
I like the goalies in this game ,they come out when you're one on one etc ,sometimes overpowered ,but rather that than underwhelming.
Leeds feels like your boogyman for sure

I have started a new ML for PES 2021 with updates on my twitter account. Just want to able to share it here.

Introduction:

In an alternate universe, Derby County have appointed Frank Lampard again after Wayne Rooney took over the vacant position at Everton FC. Frank is very happy to be back at the club which gave him a chance to enter football management.

This time however, things are different. After signing a contract with Derby, Frank learns that he has to contend with a 12 point deduction ahead of the new season. He also does not have a transfer budget to work with.

His only options are to:

1. Trim the squad size to 25 players.
2. Signing players on free transfers with a maximum wage of 5k pounds per week

The board has also given him the target of 16th place in an attempt to avoid relegation.

I hope you guys will enjoy this ML of mine.

DERBY COUNTY KITS FOR SEASON 2020-21

Last edited:

Frank Lampard finishes the summer transfer window by signing another 4 players from the Free Agents pool.

CF : C. Chaplin
LB : M. Muheim
CB : G. Edmundson
CM : R. Baro

Derby County lost their 1st game of the season. With the transfer window closed, Frank decided to focus on the FA Cup Match with Cardiff City.

Derby won 3-2 with N. Bryne scoring the goal of the game with a cracking volley.

Usually having issues to be loyal to more than a ML save, so this time i am already going the extra mile.

Got a veeery little break form my Brewers save, to conclude my first season with HSV in PES 2020.

S i also have issues to adapt to different gameplay completely, but playing 2~3 matches in 2020 per week, between my 2021, i think can do the job for now..

So HSV, roster built from scratch, 20 loaned players, target is the top-6 finish, secret target to earn an EL berth. Let's go for the final lap:

I will post only matches against BL teams, i only exclude Palermo match, due to the "falling popcorn" (snow) :)

HSV-SSD Palermo
Screenshot_20220204_185801_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Jann-Fiete Arp seems has woken up, and is "on fire" finally.

Next match, against Bayer Leverkusen. Crucial match, we were holding the 3.pts, but did not do the most efficient management of the remaining time.

Matchday 31, two late goals from both sides, one in late first half, amd another in late second half.
Screenshot_20220204_190244_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

________-----_____________--_________

Matchday 33 and we host Schalke, playing our only one hope, as we sitnin 6th position and they are the 5th team of the table.

We really did ver bad in this game, and really deserve every piece of crap of this disaster.
Screenshot_20220204_190542_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Going to Allianz Arena. Modest performance, could escape with the draw. Lewandowski, in the one and only Lewa moment he had in game, he slipped between my defenders and scored the goal.
Screenshot_20220204_224030_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Final fixture: Matchday. 38, vs Mönchengladbach. Volkparkstadion. Mediocre match, very conservative build up, one goal only... Typical 0,5-0 situation..
Screenshot_20220204_225217_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Finally Schalke had a final and we passed as 5th team. And since the cup winner was of the top 4, we secured a place in next season Europa League.

I can't say i am proud of myself, for this achievement, since it was 50% skill and 50% luck. But let's staybtontge positives.

This last fixture had a lot surprises. BvB won the league in the last day, Bayern was dropped second and to the CL-playoffs, we surpassed Schalke, due to their defeat by Piemonte Calcio, inside VELTINS Arena!
Screenshot_20220205_020125_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Going to Allianz Arena. Modest performance, could escape with the draw. Lewandowski, in the one and only Lewa moment he had in game, he slipped between my defenders and scored the goal.
View attachment 143842

Final fixture: Matchday. 38, vs Mönchengladbach. Volkparkstadion. Mediocre match, very conservative build up, one goal only... Typical 0,5-0 situation..
View attachment 143843

Finally Schalke had a final and we passed as 5th team. And since the cup winner was of the top 4, we secured a place in next season Europa League.

I can't say i am proud of myself, for this achievement, since it was 50% skill and 50% luck. But let's staybtontge positives.

This last fixture had a lot surprises. BvB won the league in the last day, Bayern was dropped second and to the CL-playoffs, we surpassed Schalke, due to their defeat by Piemonte Calcio, inside VELTINS Arena!
View attachment 143868
Brilliant season Slam.
You'll keep going ?
Congrats on the EL.
I'll hopefully finish my season tmw.
Do you prefer 21 over 20 ,or Brewers Vs HSV ML?

Brilliant season Slam.
You'll keep going ?
Congrats on the EL.
I'll hopefully finish my season tmw.
Do you prefer 21 over 20 ,or Brewers Vs HSV ML?
Yeah mate, i wilk for sure keep it going, possibly will play 2~3 matches per week, as previously.

The base purpose i started this/these saves, or basically multiple saves that i restarted 2 or 3 times, was to test my new league structure, trying to fit German and Greek teams, while messing as few leagued as possible.

The results were satisfying for the moment, but i need to progress some seasons further to check how Team from Rest of Europe contribute to CL and EL seedings.

The same with little changes structure, i applied to PES 2021.

Rest of Europe:

Euro League / Bundesliga

Greek Liga + APOEL+ Club Pera (the matrix of AEK and PAOK)

Mix and match of Danish amd Swiss clubs. Since it is on yhe 3F liga, ot goes 8 Danish+6 Swiss teams
Bby this Liga i kept some balance, amd solved the problem of Midjyland playing CL every season, for a reason i don't remember, i don't like them at all.

As for which i prefer , well tough question to answer. Both MLs miss something and habe something morr or less. My HSV givese the BL, i miss a good Bundesliga, last time i enjoyed one in FIFA 17 when promoted with St. Pauli. And as a fan amd supporter or teams of Hamburg i enjoy it. But the usual KONAMI problems, reduce some of the magic, no possibility for generic D2, no relegation battle, or promotion of HSV from Zweite, removes a lot of the magic.

On the other hand, in ML with Burton, i am still in my old structure, as i started this save a little bit aftet EURO of 2021 IRL,.lastbsummer.

It is not such a problem for me, Messi playing still in Barcelona and Cronaldo in Juventus, but the old league structure annoys me a lot.

And my always dream, is to play a ML save for more than 15+ seasons. With HSV it is possible, with Brewers it is not, sooner or later, After 2 seasons? After 3 seasons? i must restart it and bridge the difference.

Combimed with this winter's transfers, which i update, at least the most notable ones.

Finally gameplay wise, I still prefer 2020 gameplay. What's the situation,? IMHO both games when i play with high OPR teams, usuall over 4*, start playing shite, both for CPU amd humam controller.

The situation here is in 2020 the gameplay in that high rated matches, is less frenetic than in 2021,meaning more bearable.

When playing im a D2 with lower team 1*~2*~2,5* i enjoy both :) Unfortunately you cant play forever with such low OPR, sooner or latter you either improve or promote to D1 or both of them.

In my very first ML save in 2021, i solved this playing in Thai League, where most teams are below 3*, but once you progress in AFC CL, it is again mandatory to overpower your team, after the grouo stage.

Yeah mate, i wilk for sure keep it going, possibly will play 2~3 matches per week, as previously.

The base purpose i started this/these saves, or basically multiple saves that i restarted 2 or 3 times, was to test my new league structure, trying to fit German and Greek teams, while messing as few leagued as possible.

The results were satisfying for the moment, but i need to progress some seasons further to check how Team from Rest of Europe contribute to CL and EL seedings.

The same with little changes structure, i applied to PES 2021.

Rest of Europe:

Euro League / Bundesliga

Greek Liga + APOEL+ Club Pera (the matrix of AEK and PAOK)

Mix and match of Danish amd Swiss clubs. Since it is on yhe 3F liga, ot goes 8 Danish+6 Swiss teams
Bby this Liga i kept some balance, amd solved the problem of Midjyland playing CL every season, for a reason i don't remember, i don't like them at all.

As for which i prefer , well tough question to answer. Both MLs miss something and habe something morr or less. My HSV givese the BL, i miss a good Bundesliga, last time i enjoyed one in FIFA 17 when promoted with St. Pauli. And as a fan amd supporter or teams of Hamburg i enjoy it. But the usual KONAMI problems, reduce some of the magic, no possibility for generic D2, no relegation battle, or promotion of HSV from Zweite, removes a lot of the magic.

On the other hand, in ML with Burton, i am still in my old structure, as i started this save a little bit aftet EURO of 2021 IRL,.lastbsummer.

It is not such a problem for me, Messi playing still in Barcelona and Cronaldo in Juventus, but the old league structure annoys me a lot.

And my always dream, is to play a ML save for more than 15+ seasons. With HSV it is possible, with Brewers it is not, sooner or later, After 2 seasons? After 3 seasons? i must restart it and bridge the difference.

Combimed with this winter's transfers, which i update, at least the most notable ones.

Finally gameplay wise, I still prefer 2020 gameplay. What's the situation,? IMHO both games when i play with high OPR teams, usuall over 4*, start playing shite, both for CPU amd humam controller.

The situation here is in 2020 the gameplay in that high rated matches, is less frenetic than in 2021,meaning more bearable.

When playing im a D2 with lower team 1*~2*~2,5* i enjoy both :) Unfortunately you cant play forever with such low OPR, sooner or latter you either improve or promote to D1 or both of them.

In my very first ML save in 2021, i solved this playing in Thai League, where most teams are below 3*, but once you progress in AFC CL, it is again mandatory to overpower your team, after the grouo stage.
Not having a D2 league is pretty much a deal-breaker for me ,probably why I play 20 Vs 19.

When it comes to FIFA and CM can't really remember the last time I struggled playing it ,had a Aston Villa (17) and Sunderland (15) where I barely stayed up that was fun ,but recent games have been quite easy or very robotic (AI being impossible) can't find the balance.

I think my ML on 20 is both very realistic and not realistic at the same time.
I shouldn't be able to finish top 5.
At the same time ,having a very small budget every year I know I'll never win the league ,and right now Juventus is as good as the use to be making it quite realistic.
I think I'll keep going for a third season ,or change team,,/restart with a bigger team.
I like playing a smaller team ,haven't done that in years

Not having a D2 league is pretty much a deal-breaker for me ,probably why I play 20 Vs 19.

When it comes to FIFA and CM can't really remember the last time I struggled playing it ,had a Aston Villa (17) and Sunderland (15) where I barely stayed up that was fun ,but recent games have been quite easy or very robotic (AI being impossible) can't find the balance.

I think my ML on 20 is both very realistic and not realistic at the same time.
I shouldn't be able to finish top 5.
At the same time ,having a very small budget every year I know I'll never win the league ,and right now Juventus is as good as the use to be making it quite realistic.
I think I'll keep going for a third season ,or change team,,/restart with a bigger team.
I like playing a smaller team ,haven't done that in years
I find each scenario has its taste.

Me being for years stack in the ML concept, take a lower team, usually fictional with ML defaults, or a real club like Leeds and Paris FC.

By I recently like the role-play concept, take a real team back to glory, similar yo your Milan saves in 2017. I want to make one with Arsenal, which i a fan, and they sack both IRL and in ML.l, a project like #makeArsenalGreatAgain.

The problem of mine is that, in such type of project, i must keep some management home rules, cause the old formula, start selling the whole roster, buy a bunch of wondekids and go, does not work well,with established teams

I find each scenario has its taste.

Me being for years stack in the ML concept, take a lower team, usually fictional with ML defaults, or a real club like Leeds and Paris FC.

By I recently like the role-play concept, take a real team back to glory, similar yo your Milan saves in 2017. I want to make one with Arsenal, which i a fan, and they sack both IRL and in ML.l, a project like #makeArsenalGreatAgain.

The problem of mine is that, in such type of project, i must keep some management home rules, cause the old formula, start selling the whole roster, buy a bunch of wondekids and go, does not work well,with established teams
Nope ,having the whole roster changed for a big team feels unnatural.

But that Arsenal project sounds like a lot of fun ,I'm quite tempted to do a Milan one too.

Might do some massive editing on Pes 19 and do a fantasy league (top teams).
Would be fun with a second ML

Fiorentina away.
I couldn't get out of my half the first 28;min ,my goalie Fabiano made 3-4 crazy saves that kept us in the game.
Pretty much first attack was a goal for me.
Fiorentina kept up pressure making it tough for me ,and made it 1-1 late first half.
Then I had two great attacks and closed the game out.
Great win ,maybe undeserved
3103f79a-e40a-4f4a-bc9a-bf4008562557.jpg

I beat Bologna at home 2-0 after this ,and next game is Juventus away ,who are champions already (5 games to go).

So I finished my 2nd ML with Salernitana ,with 5 games left Juventus were already the champions.
So all I could do was to secure a 2nd or 3rd place getting some CL action next year.
But ,my 5 last games were horrible.

Juventus 2-0 Salernitana.
Salernitana 0-1 Lecce.

That made me slip down to 3rd place ,and now I needed to keep Napoli in 4th place behind me (5 points difference)

Atalanta 3-1 Salernitana
Salernitana 1-1 Genoa
Salernitana 1-1 Sassuolo
4fbccd59-e8ce-4b67-8076-ab19cf4c1a67.jpg

Thank god I made it.
Haven't decided what to do next season yet ,stay or take on a bigger team , might play some 19 for a while before deciding.
Lass Diarra was named in the team of the season ,well deserved.

So I finished my 2nd ML with Salernitana ,with 5 games left Juventus were already the champions.
So all I could do was to secure a 2nd or 3rd place getting some CL action next year.
But ,my 5 last games were horrible.

Juventus 2-0 Salernitana.
Salernitana 0-1 Lecce.

That made me slip down to 3rd place ,and now I needed to keep Napoli in 4th place behind me (5 points difference)

Atalanta 3-1 Salernitana
Salernitana 1-1 Genoa
Salernitana 1-1 Sassuolo
View attachment 144023

Thank god I made it.
Haven't decided what to do next season yet ,stay or take on a bigger team , might play some 19 for a while before deciding.
Lass Diarra was named in the team of the season ,well deserved.
Good job mate. Seems MILAN needs always a wake up slap. Take your time.. Or just share us your 2019 adventures.. After all, Master League is timeless! :)

In my case HSV will take the spotlight in 2020, while Burton Albion will get a soft-reset needed, in order my ML have the current League structure i use, more in this latter.

For now let's bridge things with a "story" :

After the latest FA Cup against Leeds, Burton Albion went into FA administration, regarding a financial scandal of its previous owner. The scandal include 15 player transfers covered in shade. So the FA gave Burton, a transfer embargo and - 45pts of penalty, as 15 player transfers were involved, so 3pts per transfer.

Sheffield United took also the same punishment.

As it is obvious, both clubs were relegated, after their rookie season in EPL.

The new Brewers owner, demanded coach Carlos Tanaka to stay and rebuild the team from scratch. The deal with FA was, they were only allowed to keep 3 players from the previous roster. Those players were picked by coach Carlos and are: David Silva, Joelson Fernandes amd Balogun. The rest squad is allowed to be built from veterans and free agents obligatory.

Coach Carlos proved innocent, after testifying to FA committee, that he had no connection to previous owner's shady investments and schemes, so he was allowed to continue club management.

For this and next season, every transfer move will be under strict surveillance and under the radar of English FA and EPL, EFL committees, and will need slso their triple approval to be finished..

Coach Carlos is optimistic that his team will be capable of repeating the miracle amd promote to EPL, despite the tough situation..

Overall he wants to prove that the transfers scandal and his team's success, was just a coincidence..
______:________

So back to real life, soft reset was done, transfers are almost up to date,( less important), league structure is proper for Greek and German teams (most important).. This will probably be a "shadow run", until i get back to EPL, i will share mostly key moments, cause EFL is a very long road.....

So HSV running in the spotlight, Brewers running in tbe background, for now...

Good job mate. Seems MILAN needs always a wake up slap. Take your time.. Or just share us your 2019 adventures.. After all, Master League is timeless! :)

In my case HSV will take the spotlight in 2020, while Burton Albion will get a soft-reset needed, in order my ML have the current League structure i use, more in this latter.

For now let's bridge things with a "story" :

After the latest FA Cup against Leeds, Burton Albion went into FA administration, regarding a financial scandal of its previous owner. The scandal include 15 player transfers covered in shade. So the FA gave Burton, a transfer embargo and - 45pts of penalty, as 15 player transfers were involved, so 3pts per transfer.

Sheffield United took also the same punishment.

As it is obvious, both clubs were relegated, after their rookie season in EPL.

The new Brewers owner, demanded coach Carlos Tanaka to stay and rebuild the team from scratch. The deal with FA was, they were only allowed to keep 3 players from the previous roster. Those players were picked by coach Carlos and are: David Silva, Joelson Fernandes amd Balogun. The rest squad is allowed to be built from veterans and free agents obligatory.

Coach Carlos proved innocent, after testifying to FA committee, that he had no connection to previous owner's shady investments and schemes, so he was allowed to continue club management.

For this and next season, every transfer move will be under strict surveillance and under the radar of English FA and EPL, EFL committees, and will need slso their triple approval to be finished..

Coach Carlos is optimistic that his team will be capable of repeating the miracle amd promote to EPL, despite the tough situation..

Overall he wants to prove that the transfers scandal and his team's success, was just a coincidence..
______:________

So back to real life, soft reset was done, transfers are almost up to date,( less important), league structure is proper for Greek and German teams (most important).. This will probably be a "shadow run", until i get back to EPL, i will share mostly key moments, cause EFL is a very long road.....

So HSV running in the spotlight, Brewers running in tbe background, for now...
Man ,that's some story Slam.
Nicely done!
Did you edit for a long time yesterday?

I'll keep my 20 going ,and I'll be playing as Salernitana for a season more (at least).
I got a lot of money after finishing 3rd plus a few transfers at the end of the season.

But for now (spent 5-6 hours yesterday ) editing Pes 19 and I'm doing a side ML with Roma ,I had a Torino one going and it played pretty good so I'm restarting with Roma.
Did Google a lot of Mourinho tactics yesterday so I'm playing his 4-3-3 (from Porto/Chelsea) that switches to a 4-1-4-1 in defence.
Think I'll go for half a season before picking up my 20 again.

These two games plays a lot different so it's going to be fun ,downside 1 division for serie A

Man ,that's some story Slam.
Nicely done!
Did you edit for a long time yesterday?

I'll keep my 20 going ,and I'll be playing as Salernitana for a season more (at least).
I got a lot of money after finishing 3rd plus a few transfers at the end of the season.

But for now (spent 5-6 hours yesterday ) editing Pes 19 and I'm doing a side ML with Roma ,I had a Torino one going and it played pretty good so I'm restarting with Roma.
Did Google a lot of Mourinho tactics yesterday so I'm playing his 4-3-3 (from Porto/Chelsea) that switches to a 4-1-4-1 in defence.
Think I'll go for half a season before picking up my 20 again.

These two games plays a lot different so it's going to be fun ,downside 1 division for serie A
Nice mate. Basically it was a big package of editing, everything I've done since last August.

Basically since the official updates stopped, and i am free to edit, now the database is a living organism, meaning that i am still editing, and i will be editing as long as the console works.

Nice mate. Basically it was a big package of editing, everything I've done since last August.

Basically since the official updates stopped, and i am free to edit, now the database is a living organism, meaning that i am still editing, and i will be editing as long as the console works.
Nice ,i really love that part of Pes.
Can't really think of anything (in gaming) that makes me so happy to do some editing then get a ML going.

I'm also the same ,creating scenarios and stories to fit my games/careers.
That's the beauty ,it doesn't have to be in the game (story) you can always create them yourself

Man PES 19 is so weird.
I have a Torino ML that plays ok ,so I restarted a ML with Roma.
But everything just feels off ,loose?
Players in D takes weird moves up ,when CPU plays the ball over them.
And keeping a clean sheet is next to impossible ,I score-> they score etc
Plus it's not enough zip to the ball when passing/shooting.
Weird but brilliant at the same time.
I think I'll have my Torino ML going until that starts to feel off ,but main focus will be Pes 20

Now the fun part begins.
Building a squad for season 3 of my Salernitana ML (Pes 20)
I've let 7 players go ,mainly 70-73 OVR.

I decided to keep my 72-74 OVR defense ,and loan out a talented RB (71 OVR).
By saying I'm keeping my defense ,I mean upgrading the starting 4 defenders and having the other ones as back up.

In Stark CB 83 OVR.
Koch CB 79 OVR.
Iago LB 79 OVR
St Juste RB 80 OVR
So defence is looking sharp 72+74 OVR CB as backup and 76 OVR LB + 72 OVR RB as backup wingers.

Up front ,didn't really have to get any new players in.
But signed two youth players.
Willian CF 70 OVR
Bertolo LM 70 OVR
Those two will be out on loan.

A new RWF as backup for Cerci (or when he retires a start player) was brought in.
Becker RWF 77 OVR.

The biggest transfer bomb for me was that I brought in Roma legend (who got thrown out by the yankees in Roma like the idiot's they are) Danielle De Rossi ,who will be a massive player in the middle for me.
He and Lassana Diarra will have to fight for that spot ,but whom ever plays , opponents will have a tough time for sure.

DDR DMF 80 OVR

After this I feel that I'm done for this year ,might bring in a starting goalkeeper and have my Fabiano as backup.
*Edit Roman Burki in on free transfer

First game will be Vs Celtic away for the UEFA CL qualifications.
Probably tough since my TS took a beating.

And after two seasons of "staying up" the objective now is a top 6 position.

Last edited:
My favourite moment of the entire series so far, five and a half seasons in.

Had to win to ensure progression into the knockout stages.

Couldn't remember whether holding up and tapping circle worked in PES4/WE8 but went for it anyway with glorious results. I was out my chair, punching the air.

My favourite moment of the entire series so far, five and a half seasons in.

Had to win to ensure progression into the knockout stages.

Couldn't remember whether holding up and tapping circle worked in PES4/WE8 but went for it anyway with glorious results. I was out my chair, punching the air.

That's a cheeky one.
Well done.
How have you finished each season?

Season 3.
First game of the season.
Champions League qualification game 1 away to Celtic.

I thought this would be a bit easier ,but low TS and a bit wonky CPU made it tougher than expected.
Think I had two chances first half ,while Celtic had two shots hitting crossbar/post.
2nd half was pretty much all me ,backed down and played long passes over their midfield ,and scoring twice with in 10 min closed down this game , Celtic had no response at all.
Great win ,next up Parma then Celtic at home.
0df44411-ba19-4c30-928f-88135f1c5ed7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom