The Master League adventures thread

They did a good job with the face and celebration too. :LOL: ....
The face is not his default, i've basecopied Munir face over his!! :) THe celebration i can't recall if it is his default, or the second i added to him, i always assing a 2nd celebration, to players having only one. :D :)

In 2021, Copa del Rey, i beat Sporting Gijon, and next round....i forgot now.... But my patch i impossible by now, cause even if i beat next opponenet, my very next one, or the next-next is/will/may be Real Madrid!!! :(

EDIT:
@millossobek

🏆 🏆 COPA LIBERTADORES SEMIFINALS MILLONARIOS VS PALMEIRAS 🏆 🏆

View attachment 118770View attachment 118771

So my friends! I decided to go straight ahead into the semifinals, after a 1 day break (I played the quarterfinals yesterday), and it was time! Millonarios, my dear childhood team from my Hometown Bogotá, Colombia against Palmeiras of Brazil!!

As I mentioned in the previous post, Palmeiras is a one of the biggest teams in South America. It has 10 Brazilian national titles, 2 Copa Libertadores, and many many more regional and local cups and honors. It has one of the largest fanbases in all of South America (if not the world!) and it is recognized as one of the most influential and historical teams! I knew that I had to be on my top game against them, and my plan was to go all out. I proceeded to start up my PES, hook it up to my big screen tv, and go for broke! :TU:

The first match was in Bogotá, Colombia my hometown. There were a couple of interesting points here to consider. 1. My top goalscorer and "offensive 9", Ricardo Márquez, came into the match in terrible form (red arrow). I had to substitute him with Mateo Casierra, a talented player who plays a completely different game. While Márquez is quick and incisive, Casierra is a big, physical center forward, very good in the air but perhaps not as good in definition. But I had to make this change, given Márquez' situation. The other point was.. Who should I start? 77 rated Daniel Ruiz, or 72 rated Juan Camilo Salazar? Normally my undoubted choice would've been Ruiz, since he is my star creative playmaker and passer, but he had bad form (orange arrow) and Salazar had good form (green arrow). What would I choose? I chose Ruiz. He was my proven playmaker, I decided to risk his form and continue on with my gameplan, since he is an integral part of the team! i would risk having a "fair form" player while the rest of the team had good form. There he is in the middle of the bottom row, #17!

View attachment 118773View attachment 118774

What proceeded was a tense, defensive game, with very few chances, especially by Millonarios. I could immediately sense the difference in quality from Colo-Colo and Argentinos Jrs when compared to Palmeiras. The Brazilians defended much better and were quicker. They were a tough nut to crack, and they were good at retaining possession. At the half, it was 0-0. I was faced with a conundrum. I knew I was playing against the better team, with better players, so I did not want to risk going off too offensively, and be vulnerable to a away goal counterattack. But I didn't want to play too defensively either, and give them the possession. I decided to keep balanced tactics, while switching from possession to counterattacking football, to make the best of my limited opportunities. Their defense was still tough though, and approximately in minute 70, I decided to substitute Ruiz with Salazar, and bring in my veteran striker Fernando Uribe to substitute Casierra. I hoped these changes gave my attack a bit more dynamism, since Salazar was quicker than Ruiz (and with better form at the moment), and Uribe was a better passer than Casierra.

View attachment 118775View attachment 118776

What happened though was nerve wracking! Even though my offense improved, I wasn't able to score and in minute 87, a PK was whistled in Palmeiras' favor! You can see Gallese protesting here, even though it was a good call caused by a keeper charge. Man, this was really frustrating! After 87 minutes of keeping Palmeiras scoreless, a penalty?? Damn.. However, Peruvian International Pedro Gallese was able to save the day!! I guessed correctly and was able to stop the shot, which went right!! A few moments later, the match was over, a 0-0 draw in Bogotá!!! I didn't know whether to feel relieved, nervous, or both!! :LOL:

Next was the return match, in Sao Paulo, Brazil! It was really quite daunting to face these giants in their historical stadium, Allianz Parque, with their huge banners and passionate fans. But like you said, @*aLe , no fear, no disgust, I came out to win!!!! :BSCARF:

View attachment 118778View attachment 118777

I had a piece of great news though.. My star striker, Márquez and my playmaker, Ruiz, both had excellent and good form, respectively!! There would be no second guessing this one, I was coming out with my best team, with Gallese at goalkeeper, and everyone with great form!

I was pumped up, and very focused. Unfortunately though, they scored first, in the 16th minute, and I could really really tell that they came out aggressively with their home crowd behind them. They were fast, incisive, and their first goal was a screamer. I tried to keep cool. I thought to myself.. Ok.. it's fine. One goal is manageable, if I'm able to score one goal, the away goal rule would give an advantage to Millonarios. So I decided not to press the issue too much. I kept playing, trying to keep my lines steady, and was very concentrated. But before I knew it, Palmeiras had scored their second goal, around the 30th minute mark! Man, what a tough team!

Ok, this did it. I had to change my tactics now. One goal was not going to get the job done. I had to risk it. I pushed my lines up, changed to counterattack, went on the offensive, and at first it paid off! I was able to respond with a goal, courtesy of Emerson Rivaldo Rodríguez, just before the half! this gave me a lot of hope going into the second half. 2-1. If I was somehow able to equalize in their home grounds, victory would be mine on away goals! I just had to keep plugging at it, keep attacking. ⚽ 🥅

That is exactly what I did, attack and attack in the second half. What has interesting though, is that Palmeiras refused to back up their lines. I thought they would go on the offensive, but they did the exact opposite, and kept attacking. What ensued was a very exciting second half, full of chances by both teams. In minute 70, approximately, I had a VERY clear opportunity to equalize, a beautiful pass from Ruiz to Marquez left him one on one against the Brazilian goalie, but he was able to save the day! Man, time was running out. I decided to substitute my wingers (including my goalscorer, Emerson), since they were very tired, bring in some fresh legs and push up my lines even more! By minute 80, I switched to full press, knowing that I had to score. However, in a counterattack, Palmeiras was able to score, just like that, making the match 3-1 and effectively ending the Copa Libertadores dream for Millonarios! 😭 😭 The fact that Palmeiras went on to the final, and lost to River Plate 1-0 in a single match is almost an afterthought....

View attachment 118780

However, friends if I could redirect you to a quote I wrote at the beginning of this journey, almost a month ago.... :TU::TU: :COOL: :COOL:

I feel like I passed this with flying colors! Qualifying out of a very tough group stage (with some late game heroics), beating two historical and tough teams such as Colo-Colo and Argentinos Jrs in the round of 16 and quarterfinals, respectively, and reaching the first semifinal of the Libertadores for Millonarios in our history is.. more than a strong showing, it is a historical one!!!!! :YES: :YES: :COOL: :COOL: Even thoughI wasn't able to lift the Copa Libertadores this time, rest assured, I will try again sometime, with my beloved Millonarios!!!! 🏆 💙 💙 🤍 🤍

Here is my favorite song to celebrate my team, and our strong showing in the Copa Libertadores de América, La Gloria Eterna!!!!!! 💙 💙 🤍 🤍

Thanks for reading and accompanying me on this journey, my friends!!!!! I really enjoyed this Master League story, and I wanted the first one to be with the team that I love. I will be back with another Master League soon..... :TU: The last thing I'll say is..

:BSCARF:THIS IS WHY I LOVE PES, AND WHY I LOVE FOOTBALL! THANK YOU ALL! :BSCARF:
:BSCARF: VAMOS MILLONARIOS!!!! :BSCARF:
Awesome, i must missed that post, i check now, September of 2021. It must be the period i was in road trip back in my hometown, so i was away of the internet!!! :P

EDIT.2: (by the new topic)

https://evoweb.uk/threads/millossobeks-master-league-written-stories.88367/post-3753997:BSCARF:

🏆 🏆 COPA LIBERTADORES SEMIFINALS MILLONARIOS VS PALMEIRAS 🏆 🏆

View attachment 120474View attachment 120475

So my friends! I decided to go straight ahead into the semifinals, after a 1 day break (I played the quarterfinals yesterday), and it was time! Millonarios, my dear childhood team from my Hometown Bogotá, Colombia against Palmeiras of Brazil!!

As I mentioned in the previous post, Palmeiras is a one of the biggest teams in South America. It has 10 Brazilian national titles, 2 Copa Libertadores, and many many more regional and local cups and honors. It has one of the largest fanbases in all of South America (if not the world!) and it is recognized as one of the most influential and historical teams! I knew that I had to be on my top game against them, and my plan was to go all out. I proceeded to start up my PES, hook it up to my big screen tv, and go for broke! :TU:

The first match was in Bogotá, Colombia my hometown. There were a couple of interesting points here to consider. 1. My top goalscorer and "offensive 9", Ricardo Márquez, came into the match in terrible form (red arrow). I had to substitute him with Mateo Casierra, a talented player who plays a completely different game. While Márquez is quick and incisive, Casierra is a big, physical center forward, very good in the air but perhaps not as good in definition. But I had to make this change, given Márquez' situation. The other point was.. Who should I start? 77 rated Daniel Ruiz, or 72 rated Juan Camilo Salazar? Normally my undoubted choice would've been Ruiz, since he is my star creative playmaker and passer, but he had bad form (orange arrow) and Salazar had good form (green arrow). What would I choose? I chose Ruiz. He was my proven playmaker, I decided to risk his form and continue on with my gameplan, since he is an integral part of the team! i would risk having a "fair form" player while the rest of the team had good form. There he is in the middle of the bottom row, #17!

View attachment 120476View attachment 120477

What proceeded was a tense, defensive game, with very few chances, especially by Millonarios. I could immediately sense the difference in quality from Colo-Colo and Argentinos Jrs when compared to Palmeiras. The Brazilians defended much better and were quicker. They were a tough nut to crack, and they were good at retaining possession. At the half, it was 0-0. I was faced with a conundrum. I knew I was playing against the better team, with better players, so I did not want to risk going off too offensively, and be vulnerable to a away goal counterattack. But I didn't want to play too defensively either, and give them the possession. I decided to keep balanced tactics, while switching from possession to counterattacking football, to make the best of my limited opportunities. Their defense was still tough though, and approximately in minute 70, I decided to substitute Ruiz with Salazar, and bring in my veteran striker Fernando Uribe to substitute Casierra. I hoped these changes gave my attack a bit more dynamism, since Salazar was quicker than Ruiz (and with better form at the moment), and Uribe was a better passer than Casierra.

View attachment 120478View attachment 120479

What happened though was nerve wracking! Even though my offense improved, I wasn't able to score and in minute 87, a PK was whistled in Palmeiras' favor! You can see Gallese protesting here, even though it was a good call caused by a keeper charge. Man, this was really frustrating! After 87 minutes of keeping Palmeiras scoreless, a penalty?? Damn.. However, Peruvian International Pedro Gallese was able to save the day!! I guessed correctly and was able to stop the shot, which went right!! A few moments later, the match was over, a 0-0 draw in Bogotá!!! I didn't know whether to feel relieved, nervous, or both!! :LOL:

Next was the return match, in Sao Paulo, Brazil! It was really quite daunting to face these giants in their historical stadium, Allianz Parque, with their huge banners and passionate fans. But like you said, @*aLe , no fear, no disgust, I came out to win!!!! :BSCARF:

View attachment 120480View attachment 120481

I had a piece of great news though.. My star striker, Márquez and my playmaker, Ruiz, both had excellent and good form, respectively!! There would be no second guessing this one, I was coming out with my best team, with Gallese at goalkeeper, and everyone with great form!

I was pumped up, and very focused. Unfortunately though, they scored first, in the 16th minute, and I could really really tell that they came out aggressively with their home crowd behind them. They were fast, incisive, and their first goal was a screamer. I tried to keep cool. I thought to myself.. Ok.. it's fine. One goal is manageable, if I'm able to score one goal, the away goal rule would give an advantage to Millonarios. So I decided not to press the issue too much. I kept playing, trying to keep my lines steady, and was very concentrated. But before I knew it, Palmeiras had scored their second goal, around the 30th minute mark! Man, what a tough team!

Ok, this did it. I had to change my tactics now. One goal was not going to get the job done. I had to risk it. I pushed my lines up, changed to counterattack, went on the offensive, and at first it paid off! I was able to respond with a goal, courtesy of Emerson Rivaldo Rodríguez, just before the half! this gave me a lot of hope going into the second half. 2-1. If I was somehow able to equalize in their home grounds, victory would be mine on away goals! I just had to keep plugging at it, keep attacking. ⚽ 🥅

That is exactly what I did, attack and attack in the second half. What has interesting though, is that Palmeiras refused to back up their lines. I thought they would go on the offensive, but they did the exact opposite, and kept attacking. What ensued was a very exciting second half, full of chances by both teams. In minute 70, approximately, I had a VERY clear opportunity to equalize, a beautiful pass from Ruiz to Marquez left him one on one against the Brazilian goalie, but he was able to save the day! Man, time was running out. I decided to substitute my wingers (including my goalscorer, Emerson), since they were very tired, bring in some fresh legs and push up my lines even more! By minute 80, I switched to full press, knowing that I had to score. However, in a counterattack, Palmeiras was able to score, just like that, making the match 3-1 and effectively ending the Copa Libertadores dream for Millonarios! 😭 😭 The fact that Palmeiras went on to the final, and lost to River Plate 1-0 in a single match is almost an afterthought....

View attachment 120482

However, friends if I could redirect you to a quote I wrote at the beginning of this journey, almost a month ago.... :TU::TU: :COOL: :COOL:

I feel like Millonarios passed this with flying colors! Qualifying out of a very tough group stage (with some late game heroics), beating two historical and tough teams such as Colo-Colo and Argentinos Jrs in the round of 16 and quarterfinals, respectively, and reaching the first semifinal of the Libertadores for Millonarios in our history is.. more than a strong showing, it is a historical one!!!!! :YES: :YES: :COOL: :COOL: Even thoughI wasn't able to lift the Copa Libertadores this time, rest assured, I will try again sometime, with my beloved Millonarios!!!! 🏆 💙 💙 🤍 🤍

Here is my favorite song to celebrate my team, and our strong showing in the Copa Libertadores de América, La Gloria Eterna!!!!!! 💙 💙 🤍 🤍

Thanks for reading and accompanying me on this journey, my friends!!!!! I really enjoyed this Master League story, and I wanted the first one to be with the team that I love. I will be back with another Master League soon..... :TU: The last thing I'll say is..

:BSCARF:THIS IS WHY I LOVE PES, AND WHY I LOVE FOOTBALL! THANK YOU ALL! :BSCARF:
:BSCARF: VAMOS MILLONARIOS!!!! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
A small parenthesis. Here is my version of Marquez, taken from my first ML story. :) Took me a while to make him too. :LOL:

1658560488517.png

Hopefully you will face Madrid bro!!!! Can't wait to see the video of that match!! Go Extremadura!!

Bit of advice guys. I have an itch for creating 42 french teams not in 2021. Using big urban areas who don't have teams in ligue1/2 eg Le Man, Mulhouse Cherbourg etc, question is once edited do I mix and match fictional and real ligue 1/2 teams or leave the fictional ones in a sort of breakaway french ligue swapping them with la liga to make a 20/22 split. Hope this rambling makes sense🙂

Master League Update time! :)

PES 2021, 3rd season, 2022-2023, Extremadura UD. The team is officially disassembled, AFAIK, but in PES ML fictional world, it was re-emerged by loyal fans, and now in 2022, after skyrocketing the lower categories, in competes again in Spanish Segunda Division,, LaLiga 2 or whatever it is called, those spanish sponsored based Ligas, are difficult to identify.

LaLiga 2 (for more convenience) starts in our home ground, we are hosts of Agrupación Deportiva Alcorcón.

Our formation for matchday.1 is this:
formationEUD.jpg

From the OG players, we have, Orlando Berrio, the best possible winger in modern PES, Richairo Zivkovic, the ex-wonder king of fallen promises, trying to ressurect his career for one more time, Ross McCrorie the DMF "stone" from Aberdeen, Manuel Fernandes our captain and team role player, veteran that will guide the youngsters with his experience.

The rest are Spanish free agents from other LaLiga teams and some regens from the youth academy, some notable one like Skrtel, and some others like Jose Jurado, who are destined to be teams bandiera, after years.

As usual, every beginning is tough, we made a draw, 1-1, Berrio scored in 50', Alcorcon equialised in 79'.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then, very early in the season, we have to start our campaign in Cop del Rey.

Our first opponent, in the very first phase of the Cup, is Sportin Gijon.

This time seems our luck, in the first phases of Domesitc Cups, has changed.

First leg

cdr1.jpg

Second leg

cdr2.jpg

Especially the second leg, was transformed in a personal show of Matteo Cassierra!!!

The match films:

1st match

2nd match

1659990236533.png

Mateo Casierra is doing so much better for you than he did for me and my Millos save! I think a lot of it has to do with the style of play as he is a big physical forward if I remember correctly! Very nicely done bro. :TU:

Classic 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-1-3) formation there. Is Manuel Fernandez a box to box midfielder, more of a natural 10 passer creative midfielder, or other type of playing style? I am quite interested in hearing what role he is playing in Extremadura, being that he is the captain. I always thought the "back mid 2" are so important in football, one of the most crucial positions!

Fuerza Extremadura!!

@slamsoze great stuff mate! Really enjoyed it. Yeah first matches in ML are usually very tough, for me it has been a leit motiv for probably most of the whole saga. Yours didn't made an exception since you dominated far and wide but ended up drawing anyway. Luckily in Cup you got back all you deserved in that cursed debut game. Looking forward to see the future of Extremadura :)

So, here I am with my new PES 2008 pc Master League.

While I had clear ideas about the challenge I wanted, I unfortunately had far fewer regarding team name and kits, so I decided to go a bit with the flow; noticed in the create a team screen, after the usual ML United and various All Star ones, the zodiac teams; so, I decided to pick Pisces FC just cause it's my own sign (and also sounds tongue in cheek enough).

As for kits, as I said in the retro topic unfortunately the choice is really limited, having only a bunch of not mixable pre sets to "colour"; for now, wanting a classic vibe anyway, I vaguely inspired myself to 97-98 Chelsea's Cup Winners Cup triumph kit. Maybe in the future I'll play a bit with the second shirt and copy some other old school team.

As for the challenge, as I also already said, will be another "old guys" one; meaning I can only buy 33+ old players. Will probably also try to keep my roster as short as possible for extra difficulty. Of course playing the highest level possible (top player in game level and very hard in ML level), 10 minutes a match and starting D2 (Serie A being D1).

Could only brought in two players, in addition to the defaults; solid keeper Flavio Roma and finland legend Jari Litmanen that, despite being way past his prime, can surely help tie midfield and attack with his versatility (he can play cc, omf and ss).

Went on and play three matches. I put togheter this montage, sorry in advance for the quality of it :P as I had some problem and ended up using three different programs. Was also my first attempt at something on this vein so expect a good amount of, let's say "ingenuity". Anyway, here it is:

1) Pisces FC vs HJK Helsinki 1-2

The classic nightmare debut that I experienced many times in my MLs. Penalty for Helsinki after a not so hard contrast of my defender; ball on a side, Roma on the other. I draw in the second half thanks to Castolo stealing the ball and serving a lonely Gutierrez for the first gol in the league; Helsinki seems now on fire and I try to defend as I can, almost did it but.. injury time, they attack in my area, no idea if I did the wrong tackle or the cpu controlling my player (I was in one of those situations cursor gets messy), the result is anyway the same; red card for Espimas and penalty, this time Roma guess it right but the ball goes in all the same.. it seems it was destiny.

2) RSC Anderlecht vs Pisces FC 0-1

Had to do an enormous turnover as you can see by the formation (there is also a little typo as I saved in a separate one, reloaded and recorded that after the match, in reality there was Baumann and of course not Burchet in the dc role lol), all the team tired and destroyed after the previous loss. Anyway, this time it's me benefitting from a penalty, Anderlecht putting down Fouque just a foot in the box; Litmanen goes on the spot and coldly displace the keeper.
The game turns really rough, in a way I couldn't remember possible in this edition; Anderlecht pressed me a lot and went near the draw multiple times; in the end of the match, I had to knock down one of their forwards launched towards the goal, resulting in a red card for Libermann and a free kick from the edge, which luckily turned to nothing. We could exult for the first victory after a really heavily fought bought; as the stats screen said, they shot the quadruple than me and we had 9 fouls each!

3) Pisces Fc - River Plate 1-0

My favourite match of the bunch, probably. River Plate shows up with important players such as forward Radamel "Falcao" Garcia and right winger Rosales; precisely this last will be a nightmare through all the match, constantly creating chances that both Falcao and other forward Ruben failed, and going near the gol himself multiple times; luckily enough, a longfree kick by Ximelez met Gutierrez's head, ball went on the post and on River's keeperback and that's the 1-0 for us I barely managed to mantain till the end. Again, the stats said it all (15 shots 2 in their favour!). Forgot to say they also put in legendary Ariel Ortega last 15 minutes or so.. even if he had no impact, was still the most nostalgic thing out of all this games lol.

Sooo.. really had a lot of fun, was waiting to post this to keep it going. I've also created a new channel where to post more "specific" stuff like this one :) , for as rough as it was I've also enjoyed mounting that video up, hope to keep at it and possibly improve :)

Last edited:
You're making me want to check out PES 2008 PC! (I've never tried it, but it actually looks interesting despite the negative reviews, I actually like the players' reactions and the pacing!) Pisces FC, nice. ;) I actually noticed the Zodiac teams as well, and I've even thought of starting a campaign with Taurus FC (my sign).. Makes sense too as I also love old school basketball and I'm a fan of the Chicago Bulls haha..

I like the kits and I especially love the idea of the "old guys challenge!" So inventive. :) I'm sure it's going to be a huge challenge to try to win with 33+ old players! What happens with your current players who are younger than that.. Do you get rid of them, or is the restriction only for signing players? Would love to see where this goes. Also, seeing Falcao in River (with Burrito Ortega) brought back some nice memories. :)

Go Pisces FC! 2-1 in your first three matches against tough opposition! Are these teams part of your ML League or where they pre-season friendlies. Lotta questions I know haha but I am truly interested in your save. Oh, and I just gave your youtube channel a subscribe. :TU:

Last edited:
@millossobek thanks mate. Not that I'm planning to become a youtuber or anything, but I feel like giving a visual structure to some of these adventures and share them with even a few people watching, might add to the fun and the general value. It certainly is at the moment.. we'll see in the future.

A Taurus Fc/Chicago Bulls crossover with football could look dope. I'd certainly be a fan of it on the get go. Pretty sure you'd come up with another great story for it :)

Glad you liked the idea of the 33+ challenge, I came up with it when I retook Pes 3 like two years ago and it turned out as tons of fun. Of course Pes 3 is an already incredible game on itself, but having the possibility of choose a roster of only aging dudes was a very good limit to have. The minus was that in Pes 3 players don't age, so I composed a decently balanced roster and that was more or less it.. here in 2008 as we all know they do and the fact I'll have a pretty much costant turnover with players retiring and new ones getting older enough to be signed in should add (at least in my hopes) a lot to the drama.

As for younger players I have, or more specifically the younger defaults, I'll try to get rid of them as fast as I can and replace them with 33+ ones. I might keep some of the older ones that are included in the range like Minanda, Ivarov etc., still have to decide tho. I might add some other challenge/limit to the market along the way if the necessity will arise. For example I surely want to keep the roster from becoming too big (not decided how precisely yet tho).

As for Pes 2008 pc.. yeah, I think that, despite the shortcomings, there is a lot of fun and even unexpected depth to experience in this game. I respect and find normal that at the time the game bombed, but retaking it today with more mature eyes, under certain conditions.. it totally surprised me. Will articulate further in the next future, when I'll have some more playtime under my belt ;)

Will articulate further in the next future, when I'll have some more playtime under my belt ;)
I was actually very surprised at the clips you posted of PES 2008. The game looks smooth and quite playable. Can't wait to hear your further review on it bro!

That'll be nice to have a combination of ML original lineup with your signings. In terms of keeping the roster from becoming too big, I think you can just control it yourself by just putting a maximum cap on it by imposing a limit, like say 25 players.. And just stop signing them at that point, making sure you don't go above your number! :TU:

It certainly sounds like you're gonna have quite a bit of turnover in your team, given retiring players! How have you set up your ML league?

Not that I'm planning to become a youtuber or anything, but I feel like giving a visual structure to some of these adventures and share them with even a few people watching, might add to the fun and the general value.
Oh and I agree bro, same goes for my channel, it is only used as a support for the stories, it's actually quite helpful in underlining some key or nice goals during the course of the season! :TU:

Late last year I started a ML on Pes 2020 with Salernitana, 3 seasons played then a fresh start with Roma, only played 4 games on that Roma save but I picked it up today again since I can't stand FIFA right now.
2-1 win at home Vs Genoa, a great game, it actually looked like football, decent foul count as well.

Think I'll have a few more every now and then, kinda forgot how different you have to approach and how different this plays to FIFA 20 for example.

PES 2020 ML progress, with HSV.
Matchday.5 in the Europa League stage. More or less we have secured our presence in the knockout stage.

Derby match in the league, vs the fictional team Oranje FC.

Typical tight league match, against Lyngby

HSV is fighting for the top flight this season. Let's see if we can de-throne FCB or BvB after our comeback. :)

PES 2020 ML progress, with HSV.
Matchday.5 in the Europa League stage. More or less we have secured our presence in the knockout stage.

Derby match in the league, vs the fictional team Oranje FC.

Typical tight league match, against Lyngby

HSV is fighting for the top flight this season. Let's see if we can de-throne FCB or BvB after our comeback. :)
Nice win Vs Lyngby.
Still amazed when being away from Pes for a while, how good it looks

I was actually very surprised at the clips you posted of PES 2008. The game looks smooth and quite playable. Can't wait to hear your further review on it bro!

That'll be nice to have a combination of ML original lineup with your signings. In terms of keeping the roster from becoming too big, I think you can just control it yourself by just putting a maximum cap on it by imposing a limit, like say 25 players.. And just stop signing them at that point, making sure you don't go above your number! :TU:

It certainly sounds like you're gonna have quite a bit of turnover in your team, given retiring players! How have you set up your ML league?

I think with kitserver, higher res etc. the game looks very fine. For some reason it won't let me put it higher than that in full screen and it's a shame cause in a window with my monitor's native res it looks and moves even better, but can't record stuff like that and the window isn't also well centered so it's not an option. At the times it came out it was horribly ported from this point of view.. was surely among the reason why it was received so poorly.

Yeah that's what I had in mind with the players limit cap, have just to decide a balanced enough number :). Stamina consuming is quite ferocious (as of now I have to do enormous turnovers from match to match), so while I want a good challenge, it's not like I can set it to 16 players or something :D . I also have no idea if i'm at risk of game over if too many players retire at the same time from a season to another.. maybe 25 as you suggested could be a good parachute at least until I'll find out more precisely. Can't remember either if retirements are announced at the start of the season.. then it would be no problem.

About my ML league setup, you mean the teams :)? I have composed D1 as Serie A, then as for the others La Liga, Premier League, a fourth league with the other best left out from Ligue 1 teams and Others Europe (PSG, Bayern, Porto etc.), and lastly my D2 with the other euros plus the few south americans.

@slamsoze man I like so much HSV, never picked them for a ML/career before but I always have in mind to bring this team to glory again myself. Just out of curiosity why do they have a derby with a fictional team? You set it yourself I guess :)?

Anyway, really like your clips of 20-21. Not a great fan of this two chapters, but you're making me want to try them out again, this winter perhaps (maybe 21 that I've bought for "historic" interest when it was on discount, and barely touched)

Now is the time, for some Q&A!!! :) :D

First comes first, @Madmac79 about the rivalry between HSV and Oranje FC. It is pretty much a leftover , from a previous editing session i had, don't remember what teams i had on those fake teams, before i created HSV and Oranje. But now, i have just forgotten about it, remembering only every time, i have to play them in Master Leage, by the derby backgroung in the ML UI... Every time i see it, i am like "ow i must go to edit mode and fix it", only to forget it until the next session!!! :P

@millossobek about Manuel Fernandes role. He is basically an orchestrator and playing him as CMF in my formation which is 4-3-3, basically a 4-2-1-3, while my 3 in midfield are DMF-CMF-AMF.

Usually i use an Anchorman DMF and a Destroyer or Box-to-Box CMF, for the defending duo in midfield, and players like Fernandes , i use them when i go with a formation of 3 straight midfield, 1 DMF and 2 CMFs.

I could pretty much field Fernandes as an AMF, something like classic No10, and have a more energetic CMF, i with more stamina, speed and younger, to serve to my formation and playstyle, but i do this "sacrifice" here, cause Fernandes adds a lot with his experience and team role (boosts the TS as a captain), and i have discovered Ariel Uribe of Antofagasta in this save, who is young and crazy AMF, technical and fast as i like, so i try to fit them both.

@slamsoze ahhhh an orchestrator, that's a cool role, kind of like a creative playmaker but playing from further back. Whenever I think of this role, I think of the role Modric plays for most of the time for Madrid in their 4-3-3, starting attacks from almost a DMF role. In Madrid he is more of an orchestrator, but in the Croatian NT he is more of a playmaker (following PES 2020-21 roles!) :TU:

That seems like a nice combination, an anchorman, box to box/destroyer, and then the orchestrator. In fact in a way it kind of reminds me of Casemiro/Kroos/Modric lol. It seems like a good combo of offense and defense, someone who is more in tune with the defense, another one who is basically everywhere, and a player that roams a bit more free to be creative.

I don't really play 4-3-3 in my ML's too much even though I'd like to try it sometime. My favorite formations for ML are usually the classic 4-4-2 (with 2 central midfielders, one usually playing a defensive role and the other a more creative one and 2 wingers), the diamond 4-4-2 (featuring a very strong DMF and creative AMF), and also a 4-2-3-1 (a combination of the two, heavily featuring the AMF a classic passing #10 like Özil style (although much less skilled of course, haha, the 2 wingers, and a DMF/CMF).

@slamsoze ahhhh an orchestrator, that's a cool role, kind of like a creative playmaker but playing from further back. Whenever I think of this role, I think of the role Modric plays for most of the time for Madrid in their 4-3-3, starting attacks from almost a DMF role. In Madrid he is more of an orchestrator, but in the Croatian NT he is more of a playmaker (following PES 2020-21 roles!) :TU:

That seems like a nice combination, an anchorman, box to box/destroyer, and then the orchestrator. In fact in a way it kind of reminds me of Casemiro/Kroos/Modric lol. It seems like a good combo of offense and defense, someone who is more in tune with the defense, another one who is basically everywhere, and a player that roams a bit more free to be creative.

I don't really play 4-3-3 in my ML's too much even though I'd like to try it sometime. My favorite formations for ML are usually the classic 4-4-2 (with 2 central midfielders, one usually playing a defensive role and the other a more creative one and 2 wingers), the diamond 4-4-2 (featuring a very strong DMF and creative AMF), and also a 4-2-3-1 (a combination of the two, heavily featuring the AMF a classic passing #10 like Özil style (although much less skilled of course, haha, the 2 wingers, and a DMF/CMF).
I am playing 4-3-3, even i can't remember since when. It is almost the only style i can play, with some variations. Before this, i was playing 3-4-3, with diamond in the middle, but speaking about very old days, PES 1 to 3.\

4-4-2, the classic brittish one, i was playing in only when i had a full packed team, something like Valencia of PES 5 or 6, with Vicente and Joaquin in the wings, and Albenda-Baraja in the middle. You know, everyone in the middle line, must be a world class for me, in order to be a full-line and can locate everywhere in the field, during attack, defense.

As for the orchestrator role, the two players i have in my mind, are Modric now and Pirlo from the past. Althouh, Pirlo especially is a very top example, and one of a kind.

I tried 4-2-3-1 again, in my current ML, with Bosnia NT, cause it is my most favourite formation in real life, but it didn't go well..

PES 2021 ML update, Extremadure, LaLiga2.

In the league, we are finding some shape, hopefully we will challenge the promotion.

In Copa del Rey, where is our secret dream, we managed to beat the next obstacle in our road to glory, Villarreal from LaLiga 1..

1st match VILLARREAL 1 - 1 Extremadura UD

2nd match Extremadura 1
-0 VILLARREAL

Solid 1-0 win, and next step is ahead, our next opponent is Getafe!

Last edited:
Still having fun playing my Roma ML, but being away from this for a while makes me realize how shit I am playing it, I usually play PA0,but had to start on PA1 which I hate, can't place the passes where I want etc.
But I'll get there eventually again.

Two games tonight.
Ark Aten v Roma 0:2 (EL)
Took me till the 60th to score on a scramble in front of goal.

Roma v Bologna 1-0
A nice win considering they were better than me.

Still getting way to high pass% from the CPU when playing on PA1,really tough winning games right now (even though I win most of them) it's a real grind

PES 2021 Extremadura update. As of Matchday 16, we Los Gokus are sitting in the top, of the table, along with Granada. We are finding shape, and if we can keep up the momentum, after winter transfers, we will pretty much promote to Spanish Primera.

LaLiga2 table

laliga.jpg

Our latest match:

Las Palmas 1 - 3 EXTREMADURA UD

1660925169421.png

@slamsoze Kakuta's goal is one of those goals that go in when everything is going right!! :RSCARF:

Very nice first half of the season bro.. Make sure you pick up some nice transfers to bolster your team and keep it up for the second half. You guys are well on your way to Primera Division! Would love to hear what transfers you pick up and how your starting eleven look for the second half! Vamos Gokus!

Now for the real hot staff!!!!

HSV in PES 2020.

Some very hot matches here! :) Team is still unstable, we almost touched the top, reaching the 2nd position, but the usual suspects, the Bundesliga teams, proved to be a pain in the arsh again!!!! Can't win Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen, no matter what condition they are....

Win against the fictional BLOOKROWS

EUROPA LEAGUE matchday 6 of group stage. We lost but we had secured 1st place. Vitoria Setubal was the worst team of the group, so we summoned a team with heavy squad rotation.

Europa League Group Stage:
PES20ELgroup.jpg

Going on in the EURO League, the shipwreck in Volksparkstadion against Werder Bremen in snow weather

The a great, mythical performance in Munchen, snowy Allianz Arena again! :) The Rocky Balboa strategy worked very well here. We let Bayern press as much as they want, and then started paying back! And with one-man down, as KOMPANY was sent-off with a red card, after a necessary tackle from behind to Lewa... :D

FCB-HSV.jpg

Match video:

And then again the other "usual suspects" Wolfsburg, slapping us in the face, after the thriumph at Munchen.

From Zenith to Nadir :(

VFL-HSV.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 174371

@slamsoze Kakuta's goal is one of those goals that go in when everything is going right!! :RSCARF:

Very nice first half of the season bro.. Make sure you pick up some nice transfers to bolster your team and keep it up for the second half. You guys are well on your way to Primera Division! Would love to hear what transfers you pick up and how your starting eleven look for the second half! Vamos Gokus!
To be honest, i was pissed off, cause my cross went so bad and deflected, and i pressed just out of depression, in order to comit a foul...But i was lucky in my anger!! :D

And another slap in the face, Piemonte Calcio, with the very old men Zidane, Luisao, Sorrentino and Nedved, but quite energetic frontline, beating us hard, again in snow.

I am happy here, at least, as the regress due to my editing and time passing in ML is very obvious, Zidane was mostly a walker in match, some good weighted passing, but nothing more. Retirement is close , i assume.

Piemonte Calcio 3-2 HSV

Another fictional team, Arsenal Clube Sproting, another scrappy victory....

HSV 1-0 Arsenal CS

Then visiting Servette, and what initially looked like a walk in the park, ended almost as a nightmare. We needed minute 95' to find the salvation but the nice teamwork and the critical finishing of Galeno, to get away with +3points here.

Servette.jpg

League Table after Matchday.22 and after the ups and downs
HSVmd22.jpg

Game 7 of my old Real Betis ML Pes 2015 (2nd game today) Vs Athletico Madrid away.
Boy this game was tough, AM just kept attacking and I cleared the ball the first 30 min.
Had the odd half chance late first half but ended 0-0 after 45.

Second half and the tables were turned, and all because of what happened in the 50th minute.
This game is pretty damn good, good team are good, great are really good and bad teams are beatable.
Plus for the great CPU ai.

I usually don't sign any players first window when starting a ML, since I want to get a feel for the squad first.
My Real Betis squad in Pes 15 is very weak and not suited for my 4-3-3 tactics (a few strong players though)

I'm planning to get rid of a bunch weak of RMF/LMF players next window and have signed two pretty decent players that will join in January.
Mohammed Sissoko Levante.
A 29 year old CMF (77 ovr destroyer) €4.6 M
M Musacchio 24 years old Villareal 78 ovr CB € 2.7 M

My squad is 30 strong ,need to get it down to 23-25 players by next window.

My last game was a 3-0 win Vs Celta Vigo away ,quite comfortable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom