The Master League adventures thread

Screenshot_2022-02-27-01-06-01-351_com.android.chrome.jpg

Coppa Italia champions 21/22.

Lovely game Vs Inter ,this one played on a new camera (wide custom ) and PA0.
Loved it!

1-0 up mid first (Becker) a few scares in defence since I haven't played PA0 in a few games ,but Burki kept us in it.

2-0 (70th) from a great through ball , Inter had pushed up everything for a corner ,my striker on the halfway line ,ball over everyone and off to the races and chipped the keeper
The feeling when timing it on PA0 is unparalleled (must stay on it all next season)

2-1 came in the 85th minute a bit of screw up in the back when clearing (PA0 gives and takes) and they could roll in a goal 2vs1

3-1 in the 4th overtime minute on a corner.
Lovely to see Lass score ,love that player.
So ,trophy room got another buddy in there.
43b67e49-182f-4b9c-af78-9faa334fd05f.jpg60467e8e-6c52-457a-9b4e-6dac6d6fc53b.jpg

Celebrations at The Olimpico was wild all night long.
What a season and it's not over yet ,could be a CL trophy in a week too.
c625fc83-60d0-40c2-ae29-8e2b6dbd1a2e.jpg522c74e2-8763-437e-9a67-371913d7622b.jpg95763efc-11a0-409d-ab80-e62bca9fb95d.jpg07ecbaad-f0fe-4c03-8028-1caff00b91a3.jpg
Man never thought I'd d play 3 seasons of this ge ,but I've loved it!

Champions League Final.
Salernitana v Athletico Madrid

1-0 me after 9 minuters ,a shocking start.
Took until the start of the second before AM responded and made it 1-1.

Mid second I made it 2-1.
Tried to sit back and see the game out ,then a few weird things happened , João Felix got booked for diving ,then 10 min later they got their penalty ,only to be saved by Burki.

The last 15 was one of the worst (in a good way) I've seen ,AM just kept bombarding me and i hoofed it ,AM kept crossing/shooting/trying to get in to my box.
Game ended 2-1 me.
Really really fun final.
cc1e4591-4218-4bd6-8bbb-ae9700c01e45.jpg
But I've done it.
The triple ,insane!
2d02e850-f732-46a4-9678-0d88c6d33e3a.jpg7d14e153-2b06-4fe8-9767-08c0cf4a56ef.jpg
2e616069-9f5c-4076-8c28-47a06324f93f.jpg7bef18e6-e571-4354-b8d8-61e58acd173b.jpg1b8a2f83-4803-48be-9ff8-82576dffd27d.jpg

And the final table for Serie A
5553fb1c-8158-4987-ad7f-ea1a73b3aed1.jpg

I've made preparations for my 4th season ,had two players retiring (Cerci/Steffen) and made 4 signings,but will most likely set this on pause and start up a new career (or just pretend it continues).

Will make a few rule changes.
No free agents ,if very low rated (max 70-72)
PAO regardless on how tough it will be
No Regen youth players (if they will be sold)

Haven't decided on team yet.
But have a few ideas.

Salernitana career (so far) summary.
1 Serie A 7th position 64 pts first round Coppa Italia

2 Serie A 3rd place 71 pts quarter final Coppa Italia

3 Serie A winner 87 pts Coppa Italia winner Champions League winner

One cool thing ,when finishing my season and preparing for a fourth one ,I signed Gigi Buffon (from City) as a backup goalie.
Buffon is 44 in the game.
8d5eb6cc-acfa-4f6c-995e-a5fd11df55f8.jpg

And today I saw this.
Screenshot_2022-02-28-20-32-11-600_com.twitter.android.jpg

Feels like the world is a better place when Gigi is still playing.
(Probably the only juve player I've liked)

Options for my new ML.
(Salernitana on pause)

1 Roma
They have been really bad irl and also 6-6-8 in my 3 ML seasons.

2 AC Milan
Strong irl ,but haven't been that good in my 3 seasons.
Not really liking the squad though.

3 Juventus
A team I really don't like ,but a pretty weak squad and room for some fun improvements.
Also if doing this I'm doing a RPG type of ML ,Dybala is rumoured to Man U ,I'll be selling him ,Kulusevski/Bentancour will be permanently sold to spurs.
This could be fun ,but like I said ,hate Juventus!

4 St Etienne
Never done a French ML ,so this would be something new ,plus green/white brothers of us.

5 Marseille
Same here ,not done a French ML ,and Marseille is always intriguing

We'll see

I did a St Etienne ML on PES13 I think. I had Batfemi Gomis, or whatever his name was, and he literally turned into a monster and scored 40+ goals per season.

I'm into the business end of my first season at Milan 🔴⚫

Looking like best I can hope for in the League is 5th, so I might chuck all my eggs into the Europa League basket. Got a QF v Villareal coming up.

I think TS, which is now mid-80s, plus the fact my strikers are Boadu, Leao and Kean - young, still developing - has stifled me a bit in the League but the aim was to build a team to dominate for years, not grab short term success. The 3 strikers, plus Rebic, all have about 10 goals each so far, so no one has been prolific.

I'm considering swapping to a 3-5-2 for season 2. If I do though, I'd probably flog Hernandez, Conti and Calabria as I'd not use them in that system.

One thing is for sure, I need a technically gifted CAM. I have been playing Rebic off the front two as a central SS but I need a playmaker. Someone who pick a pass and has great ball control. That's where the beauty of the stats mattering more than the overall comes into play again.

I did think about Grealish but I am a bitter Villa fan, so he can sod off. I might look at Coutinho or someone of similar ilk. Not pacey, but great in a tight space and can see a pass nobody else can.

I'm hoping my created youth player Massaro can eventually develop into that role 🤞

I did think about Grealish but I am a bitter Villa fan, so he can sod off.
Ha ha ,totally understandable.
Not been a great fit there either ,as (what's his name ) who moved to city that year villa got relegated.

3-5-2 is a system I've played a lot ,used to be my go to system ,playing 5-3-2 when defending.
Love that system , especially if you can get a AMF just behind the two strikers.

Worst part is om fiddling with Pes 19 simultaneously ,can't really let that game go ,cheaty at times ,CPU being very op at times ,but looks like a million bucks and plays amazing on the ball ,bonus for the fantastic dribbling system ,never got used to Pes 20-21 dribbling ,feels off.

If Ligue 1 had stadiums I'd be all over that league ,but mainly generic stuff which stops me unfortunately.

Think I'll go for Roma ,might have a Milan ML on 19 (or Ligue 1)

Good luck mate ,and keep us updated

Started 2 new MLs tonight.
Pes 20 with AS Roma as expected ,looking forward to that one ,will try and keep that for a long time.

Then Pes 19.
That game is very special ,lots of AI cheating ,but never enough to stop playing ,but Vs 20 ,much more.
And I've always loved the freedom of this game ,plus the dribbling is spot on in this one.
Also in 4k it looks pretty damn good.
I did something I've never done before ,started a ML with a Ligue 1 team.
OGC Nice ,a slightly behind the top teams to a mid table team (not this season IRL though)
Smashed newcomers Clermont 5-1 in a great game.
Still think Pes 20 will be my nr 1 ML

Last edited:
I do like PES19, it plays really well, just a shame there isn't a current OF for it. I did consider doing one myself, updating squads, but it is a huge task when you delve into it.

Good luck with your ML's. Nice are a good side, I'm guessing they'd still have Plea etc... on PES19.

As for Grealish, the move hasn't worked at all for him. Part of me thinks he did it to enhance 'brand Jack' and to hell with the footy side of things. I watched a couple of bits last night on YouTube when he was still at Villa and he was idolised. He was the darling of Villa Park, he couldn't do no wrong. I think he misses that and to be honest, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Seriously tempted to sign him for my Milan team. Will be an interesting summer transfer window that's for sure!

A Plea is a free agent on Pes 19 (Nice on 18)
I've been making transfers constantly on 19 (and 18+20) so the big names and most teams in Serie A are up to date.

For Ligue 1 ,same thing most big guns are updated and since I know nothing about the rest it's ok.

Yeah get the Grealish thing ,maybe was to good to play for Villa ,and players need to move Fw to evolve but feels like City isn't the right match.
Still a very good player ,hope he finds his form again.

Thanks ,you too

After a few games on Pes 19 ,it's weird.
Small but very annoying things ,like CPU defenders always getting out on top in a 50/50 duel.
And the PA0 is very unreliable ,both direction and length.
Not the best PA0 player ,but I've been doing this since 13 ,and Vs my Pes 20 it's like night and day ,could be the low TS acting up.

But long story short ,think I'll focus on Pes 20 ,despite it being a good ,but annoying game

The start of my Roma ML (Pes 20) has been mixed.
Team is exactly what Roma is today.

Been playing a 4-2-3-1 (Mourinho style) but not sure it suits me.
Might keep it or go 3-5-2

Roma 1-1 Cagliari
Inter 0-3 Roma
Esbjerg 1-4 Roma (EL)
Roma 1-1 Juventus

Kinda refreshing having some toughness to the game Vs my last ML.

Really enjoying it ,but I'm really curious on a French ML ,the games felt really fun doing it on my Pes 19.
If/when I get Pes 21 (tougher to find than nuclear bombs) I'll deffo go France .

Next two games are SPAL and Salernitana

Can't really break lose in my Roma ML.
TP PA0 15 min
Two more wins ,but it's always 70-85 min winner ,a slight slip up and I lose.
Really tough this.
46835fdd-20e8-4681-90b5-716ee9b32500.jpgd3d6a5f2-af6f-4760-8ebc-56b0f7f572c5.jpg

Next game is my EL game Vs Feyenoord.

My god how much I have to fight to even score in my new ML with Roma.
The CPU throws everything at me ,nothing goes my way.
I've been winning most games ,but still ,feels like an uphill battle constantly ,weird bounces when having scoring chances ,the old "ball goes by me" is back again ,didn't see that at all with Salernitana.

Still loving the challenge.

My god how much I have to fight to even score in my new ML with Roma.
The CPU throws everything at me ,nothing goes my way.
I've been winning most games ,but still ,feels like an uphill battle constantly ,weird bounces when having scoring chances ,the old "ball goes by me" is back again ,didn't see that at all with Salernitana.

Still loving the challenge.
I know it is Very cliché by now, but those 2 last PES games, 2020 and 2021 by MY experience, play much better the lower the stats of the teams.

I don't know how the adaptive difficulty or adaptive AI scales here, but here is my review from best to worst.

1) Best: Me with a team 2*~3,5* vs same CPU rated team. Pure flow, s lot randomness, a lot error in passing, 50-50 challenges, unpredictable situations.

2) Average: Me 2*~3,5* rating, vs CPU >4* rating. Similar as above. Especially if the CPU team doesn't go in berserk mode, pass-pass-pass-supershielding-pivot-shoot. Even in berserk mode, they may go all out attack, leaving their own half undefended,and vulnerable to counter attacks.

3) Me with a >4* rated team vs CPU>4* rating. Here the high stats tend to destroy any variation or diversity in the gameplay animations library. I don't know if the high stats or the overloaded with traits players cause it, but the ball behaves like a "brick",less 50-50 bounces, more magnets to player feet, even the "random" animation of ball deflections are canned and predetermined. It becomes more tennis or volleyball and less football.

I want hide, that i was in thoughts to reduce universally all stats by -10 or -20 to see if it gets better for everyone, but i don't have time to do this and the other problem is, the minimum for stats is 40 and not 0, so it would be a killer for all low rated teams and players.

But i am sure, for me it is not a placebo.After mote than 30 seasons in ML saves in both games , different saves, whenever i controlled a team with less than 3,5* rating, i felt more comfortable and immersed.

Last edited:
I know it is Very cliché by now, but those 2 last PES games, 2020 and 2021 by MY experience, play much better the lower the stats of the teams.

I don't know how the adaptive difficulty or adaptive AI scales here, but here is my review from best to worst.

1) Best: Me with a team 2*~3,5* vs same CPU rated team. Pure flow, s lot randomness, a lot error in passing, 50-50 challenges, unpredictable situations.

2) Average: Me 2*~3,5* rating, vs CPU >4* rating. Similar as above. Especially if the CPU team does go in berserk mode, pass-pass-pass-supershielding-pivot-shoot. Even in berserk mode, they may go all out attack, leaving their own half undefended,and vulnerable to counter attacks.

3) Me with a >4* rated team vs CPU>4* rating. Here the high stats tend to destroy any variation or diversity in the gameplay animations library. I don't know if the high stats or the overloaded with traits players cause it, but the ball behaves like a "brick",less 50-50 bounces, more magnets to player feet, even the "random" animation of ball deflections are canned and predetermined. It becomes more tennis or volleyball and less football.

I want hide, that i was in thoughts to reduce universally all stats by -10 or -20 to see if it gets better for everyone, but i don't have time to do this and the other problem is, the minimum for stats is 40 and not 0, so it would be a killer for all low rated teams and players.

But i am sure, for me it is not a placebo.After mote than 30 seasons in ML saves in both games , different saves, whenever i controlled a team with less than 3,5* rating, i felt more comfortable and immersed.
This is me pretty much on FIFA 22 next gen, playing as Bolton in DIV 1 its the first time ive finished a season on any footy game in years and i got promoted. I am not exactly dreading going into the premeir league if i get promoted again but i know its going to be a lot different in terms of pace, fouls and error etc

2) Average: Me 2*~3,5* rating, vs CPU >4* rating. Similar as above. Especially if the CPU team doesn't go in berserk mode, pass-pass-pass-supershielding-pivot-shoot. Even in berserk mode, they may go all out attack, leaving their own half undefended,and vulnerable to counter attacks.

That could very well be it plays very differently.
Funny thing though ,my Salernitana (last season) were 4.5 stars ,maybe it's hard coded.

I do appreciate the challenge though

I went back to my Salernitana ML ,and it plays completely different to my Roma ML
Copied all tactics ,made a few transfers and restarted ,and it's all good again.

I was far from home for a while..Now i am back. Some progress was done, we are back to the point we rebooted,back to Premier League..The difficult part is over, play 46 matches.

Now the next difficult part, to gather all the content, which is a lot of time needed.

For s short briefing, for another time i violated my home rules, signing some free agents, some loanies and some players the scout proposed, that i couldn't resist.

At least i kept the team OPR to normal standards, meaning I did not go over the 3.5*, neither in EFL , which was already too much,nor in EPL which is mediocre to poor.

But to be honest, the team was dominant, far before i signed the good players.

For the record i was here pre-transfers.

So the season finished, we were the league winners, we got promoted, and we passed 100pts barrier, although to be honest,it is easier woth 46 games.

Once the difference from 2nd hit the +10, i simulated some games, in order to chill out a little bit, cause time was too pressing.

SIM was not as generous as it could be, so my 1L record went to 4L, not bad, not perfect.

Here is the League table, as of after last day.

Now moving to Premier League! Next days coming with more content,some videos, some pictures, and our come back to EPL.

I also signed a deal with Bosnia Herzegovina NATIONAL TEAM, for the 2022 World Cup next summer. The offer were Bosnia, Cameroon, Mexico and Uzbekistan.

Cameroon and Mexico were too OP, i was tempted by Uzbekistan,but those NT outside Europe,have usually strange schedule for their qualifications, so i played safe woth a European team.

A little briefing...During the past season, where we finished 1st in EFL, some key points.

The middle of the season, MATCHDAY 23 finds us in 1st position, actually we never dropped from, in +3 from second FFC and +5 from third Bournemouth.

MILLWALL 2 - 5 BREWERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 25

A typical ML draw here. Tranmere (still old badge though) were tough enough and we needed to reach 81' to equalize and save the 1pts. Our other competitors FFS did also a draw, 1-1 in Cardiff. Still keeping the +3 difference from second FFC.

BREWERS 1 - 1 TRANMERE ROVERS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 26

Another typical ML situtation, we DRAW , they (Fulham) DRAW, still +3

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 BREWERS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 27

BREWERS 3 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH

First chance to knock out, one of our 2 main competitors. We passed the test. Fulham also loosing to QPR and things couldn't be better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 28

Preston North End 2 - 2 BREWERS

Another irritating ML match. We did the early 0-2. Prefered play football than just time wast, and PRESTON paid us back with , with 2 shitty goals in 28'and 45'+1'.....Second goal, being a world class lobbed through ball and world class lobbed finishing!!!

In other matches, AFC Bounremouth did a draw, FFC lost to Huddersfield, so no big damage here... Like this, we passed to +7 from Fulham...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The top-3 league table at that point was:

1. BURTON ALBION - 63.pts
2. FULHAM FC - 56.pts
3. AFC BOURNEMOUTH - 56.pts

MATCHDAY 33

Τhe most critical battle for this season, the match again FFC. We win and we finish with them once and for all, for this season...From previous matches, we were at +12. With a defeat today, we go to +9, with a win we go to+15 and with 13 matches to go, it will be too difficult, to close the gap.

BURTON ALBION 2 - 1 Fulham FC

First mission completed! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 41

One more to go...It is 5 games remaining, and we are in +16, so safe and 1st, no matter the rest results.. Our opponenet, the gool old Huddersfield.

BURTON ALBION 0 -
0 Huddersfiled Town

Typical tough guys Huddersfield, the 2nd team now was BOURNEMOUTH, they got also a DRAW, so we secured the title.... The final 5 matches were SIMed, since we secured the Championship title...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 33

Τhe most critical battle for this season, the match again FFC. We win and we finish with them once and for all, for this season...From previous matches, we were at +12. With a defeat today, we go to +9, with a win we go to+15 and with 13 matches to go, it will be too difficult, to close the gap.

BURTON ALBION 2 - 1 Fulham FC

First mission completed! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 41

One more to go...It is 5 games remaining, and we are in +16, so safe and 1st, no matter the rest results.. Our opponenet, the gool old Huddersfield.

BURTON ALBION 0 -
0 Huddersfiled Town

Typical tough guys Huddersfield, the 2nd team now was BOURNEMOUTH, they got also a DRAW, so we secured the title.... The final 5 matches were SIMed, since we secured the Championship title...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Job well done!

While waiting again to gather my content, here is the 1st matchday, "back" to Premier League. This time the schedule was very tough, having matches against, Liverpool, Man United, Man City, all in the first 2 months.

Premier League Matchday.1
BURTON ALBION vs Liverpool FC

Our main squad:
lWPKbYs.jpg

And the final result. They started too strong, we found some balance and countered in the middle. Overall match picture, they dominated us, but we were more focused in the crucial moments. They could humiliate us, we could escape with a sneaky win.

Result:
B5pSW0B.jpg

Match video:

All in all, i got an injury, which is always something welcome and rare in a ML, but he was my best player unfortunatelly, and he is out for 3 months. :(

My squad at the time.

Premier League, season 2021-2022, progress:

Matchday.2

Everton 0 - 0 Burton Albion

Almost everything was shared 50%-50%. Like the final score
M1MSM7Q.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matchday.3

BURTON ALBION
vs
LEEDS UNITED

T
ime for our first win, i think... LEEDS is an old rival, from our previous adventure in England. We never have won them in the past, but i think now it is the time...

OaHpiM4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then a tough set of matches.... Man Red, Man Blue, North London, etc....

Matchday.4

(Old Trafford aka "The Theatre of Dreams")
Manchester United - Burton Albion

We opened the celebration, but couldn't resist till the end...Next time maybe... Man United aka Man Red was too tough for our teeth, this time...
PHzgudT.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday.5

BURTON ALBION vs Manchester City

We were not as focused as needed to take some points of this match, neither the +3 nor the +1, while Manchester City, aka Man Blue, were not as tough as wealthy they're, but Gabriel Jesus sneaked and made us some damage...

Azocf93.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday.6

BURNLEY vs BURTON ALBION

A match i've talked a lot the previous days. A questionable penalty kick, foul??? outside the Penalty box, a denied PK for us in the last minute...All in all, we should just time wast after 0-2...
HYqF5Hs.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next a match in the FA CUP, 2nd round, 1st match for us. Against Watford, aka the new Prime-Ajax.... :P
Not much words needed......We lost again!! :D
sipriIv.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally as a typical ML circle, after a lot bad results, the better results come..... And who was more suitable for this turn over, other than ARSENAL....No offense here, me myself, i am an Arsenal supporter in EPL....But even in ML, their speciality is to mess things up... :)

MATCHDAY.7

BURTON ALBION 3 - 2 ARSENAL FC

JoykS0u.jpg

The match video:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Premier League table after 7 matchdays:
NZBngDp.jpg

Not bad, not perfect. We keep going... :).....We need to reduce the goals we concede, although the stat is not as reliable as the real picture of our defence.

Back
Top Bottom