The Master League adventures thread

Well arrived Matchday.16. I will expand on matches latter. For the moment, i face difficult times. Winter Transfers Window is approaching, i am so out of money, and i loose key players like BOADU, whose loan spell ends. I've put some regens like Ansaldi on transfer list, aiming for 15~20mil €. If i find the money to replace BOADU or similar class striker, i will keep fighting for Europa League spots. If not, i must start fighting to remain in Premier League.

Team is very unstable at the moment. A lot Win or Loose, and less Draw matches. In many matches we are taking the head, but cannot retain our advantage and loose the game.

Premier League table until now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In strange and fun facts, the Greek (greek-cyprus) League, edited over the Danish League, seems some crazy staff. i am very often stalking on them. Danish Liga has almost same structure with Real Life Greek Superliga, regarding playoffs. Only difference it does not (of course) have, play-out matchs for relegation, although it has Bottom 6 playoffs.

AEK was collapsing last year, and was revived only during the playoffs, Olympiakos is collasping this season, ARIS who was shinning last season, and this season has promoted to Europa League knock-out stage, is doing very bad this season.

Also something i cannot understand about Dansh and Swiss Ligas, the two leagues i reconstructed. It is not stated anywhere what happens with the Cup Winner, if they earn a birth in Europa League. Everything seems that only the league teams, plus the team from EUROPA Play-off in Danish league, earns a spot in Europa League. Anyone with knowledge about this? What happens to Danish Cup winner?

I am asking cause i have future plan to either play in Greeko Liga in the future, or to start a spin-off greek ML now, if i find any time available... :)

2nd season with Mian, I won Serie A. Epic battle with Juve, who if they had beaten Parma, would have won it instead as I lost my final game at home to Sassualo but Parma held Juve to a 1-1 draw.

Boadu won player of the season in Serie A. Since that, he's gone a bit shit.

I'm well into season 3. My starting line up is now...

4-1-2-1-2
Maignan, Bustos, Mancini, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Locatelli, Kessie, Camavinga, Odegaard, Boadu, Leao.

Subs - Ivan, Conti, Sarr, Gabbia, Emerson, Bennacer, Massaro, Kudus, Pobega, Cherki, Kluivert, Kean, Rossi.

Leao has had a mental growth spurt and is up to 85, nearly the whole team is growing, only Mancini in starting 11 who is on the decline. Cherki is hard to get on with, I keep losing the ball with him, so focusing training on his possession stats.

Near Xmas in Season 3 and I'm top of the League and just topped a Champions League Group including AGF, Liverpool and Gladbach. Best game was a 2-1 win in the San Siro v Liverpool, Leao with a 94th min winner. Got Real Madrid in the knockout 1st round as a reward, haha.

I'm seriously tempted to go and buy a mental striker. Boadu and Leao are growing still but neither are being prolific. I'm looking at getting someone who would bang in 20 goals and win me the Champions League but my ethos is to build a young side capable of dominating for years. Was tempted by Lewandowski on a 1 year deal but it would cost me a fortune.

Sampdoria got relegated. I got a big soft spot for them and was so tempted to get the job and rebuild them. This season, it is Roma in trouble, they are in the bottom 4. I can see why, I played them recently and they barely threatened. Tammy has been sold to Liverpool, their defense is ageing and I could see them going down. Man City have just took Pelligrini for £75mill as well, so they are in a bit of trouble.

Having some extra time these days, and besides my 2021, i progressed a little bit my 2020 HSV save.

I was willing to change the commentary language, to spice things up, and attach to the respective league, IE Germam commentary in my HSV save and English commentary in my Burton Albion save.

My standard commentary is Greek, which suffers a little bit, as every language commentary in PES i assume.

So first my usual greek commentary :

Then the German commentary..... Well here I was not prepared, the German commentary is even worse than Greek package, which is an achievement by itself. The sound channel is lower volume than even Greek package, and the commentary lines were more soulless than the Greek. I don't know how is this possible, i remember playing PES6 with Spanish commentary and it was decent enough.

The German commentator was like broadcasting a weather forecast and not a football match.

Finally the English commentary. This seemed as the best option, as most people in the world understand English and i assume it is the original script, from which the rest languages follow and translate.

It was decent enough, i liked it more than Greek, but my main problem is, as I've said in the past, editing player's call names. Every language has its owm separate package, and for my biggest disappointment, English package has less names available than Greek package, which is unbelievable.

While Greek commentary has a lot of Greek players call-names, { even those that their teams were never present in a PES, ( and in PES 2013 Greek Super League was to be full licensed, it did not happen, but a lot of Greek call-names were recorded in the database and exist there forgotten since then)} and pays attention to EPL, EFL and SPL, having call-names for some low rated players, even from the weakest teams, in the same time English commentary package, has almost the same amount of English call-names, but lacks all the others, like some very common African lastnames, and some very usual and common Latin names, like Danilo, Evérton/Ewérton etc.

Also in Greek language, when a player has not a name in the database, i search and find a similar call-name, either surname or given name and edit him. In English language, lacking some very common names, it is more. difficult.

So back to Greek language unfortunately.

Last edited:
hahahaha, frack you KONAMI! :HAND:

look how the keeper makes a small move to the side so the game can do this stupid stumble animation, really desperate scripting... but we still won 5:1 :APPLAUD:

I must admit I haven't seen all episodes of this (yet), but this seems like the perfect time to make up for what obviously looks like a huge mistake. Thank you!

Progressing veeeery slowly, finished the 2nd season, 1st in EPL. Finished 7th with Brewers. Not bad, but i was unlucky , as usual, and the FA CUP final was between 2 teams , lower than the top 6, so 7th position did not award me a spot in next season's Europa League.

Proceeding to season finale, we had an irritating match against Newcastle. Typical match that we would n't win, no matter what.

Then we scrapped a victory against the always annoying Bournemouth.

And finished with another 1-0, against Southampton

The League table:
seasonfinal2.jpg

Now, it was a long time since my last play in this save, so i lost a little bit the connection with Burton Albion. This, and most important, the irritating Purple scoreboards, that hurts my eyes in EPL in 2021 and, in every league in PES 2020, were the reason that i decided again to go for a club change.

Now i am heading to the past love, Extremadura, laying in the bottom of Spanish Segunda. Since we are in 2022-2023, we will base the roster, in a lot Spanish player's regens. The team until now is 2* rating, and the best we can go given the budget, is 2,5*. It's a decent OPR for a team that will fight for promotion.

Just to add here, i played also 2 matches in my PES 2020 ML with HSV, and i am still the only man in the world that i find 2020 gameplay, better, basically more fluid and consistent, in comparison to PES 2021.

So before post about the new adventure with Extremadura UD, or Los Gokus (Dragon Ball reference), i had to play the group matches of World Cup 2022, as of July of 2022 in Master League world, and not in Qatar!! :P

I was the coach of Bosnia and Herzegovina, or Bosnia for short. Decent roster, but the group was something else by the beginning: BOSNIA, Portugal, Argentina, Cameroon.

I went uprepared in that World Cup, did not even play a single friendly, to make my picks. So i lost in the 1st and 2nd matches, against Portugal and Argentina respectivelly, and said goodbye to World Cup.

In contrast to this, i enjoyed a lot the fist match against Portugal, i lost 3-2, but Bosnia had a very high by default TS, due to Dzeko and Visca having specific teams roles, and due to i did not touch anything in gameplan. So we went with a TS of 90+. That was good, cause my players could play free football, without the usual handicaps of TS.

So, as usual the annoying referee hit again, although i was awarded a PK and did the score 3-2 from 3-1, i was denied a PK in 1-1, and on top of that, it was given an offensive foul against me.

Also i did not like the Portuguese 1st and 3rd goals, they were a little bit exagarated , but that's antoher discussion. The big image of the match was, that it was very entertaining.

The denied PK!

(the video context: the ball is 50-50, i press shot and then :x: for a fake shot, the AI CB buys my feint and tackles to clear the ball, smashing me in the ground. Unfortunatelly the referee did not have the same opinion :shiver:)

The complete match video:

Last edited:
And the 2nd and last for us match, against Argentina. Secong round of moaning here.

The Argentineans smashed me, but a goal happened, that as beatifull as it look, when you know that the AI scored it, it helped me to understand and express, what annoyes me since PES 2008, regarding CPU cheating, handicap, scripting, or name it as you like.

Di Maria did a zig-zag, that is impossible for the human player to do it, even when controlling Di Maria, and on top of that, he did a staight rigid shot, that ended up to a goal, ball escaping between my GKs hands. The most discusting on this is, that even if you achiece that slalom, and achieve the most perfect curved finese shot, the GK 99% will jump like spider, and catch the ball , in a very anti-climatic way.

Here's is the video of AI controlled Di Maria goal. As beautifull as it looks, if you watch closely, it is like the ball is travelling to a destined position, and Di Maria is just fixing, alternationg his footplanting, basically he is levitating with almost zero footplanting, he changes running trajectories with ease that the game does not allow you to do when you are dribbling on the ball, he uses his elbows to shield and disposses my CB, without costing him in speed, and finally the shitty shot, that ended in goal.

Just look closely the footplanting, the moment before and after Di Maria is making the slalom. If the game allowed me to do such sharp dribbling with similar OPR players, i wouldn't have a problem, but when i control such players, it is like moving in mud, not always but most of the time.

The full match video:

Last edited:
For a second I thought I was gonna see Zlatan in Bosnia & Herzegovina! I've noticed that some patches have him in the national team, but then I remembered, "oh right, playstation version!" :LOL: I wanted you to beat Argentina! That was a strange goal by Di Maria for sure..

I think it's cool that you keep faithful to PES 2020. I never played it, went straight from 2019 to 2021 but that's cool you are faithful to the game you are enjoying most. Right now, I'm really enjoying PES 2017. :TU:

Can't wait to hear the Extremadura story! I love second division stories as you probably know, and I know very little about them, so it should be an interesting ride! An interesting touch is that they are at the bottom of second division, so fighting your way up should be a good challenge. :)

For a second I thought I was gonna see Zlatan in Bosnia & Herzegovina! I've noticed that some patches have him in the national team, but then I remembered, "oh right, playstation version!" :LOL: I wanted you to beat Argentina! That was a strange goal by Di Maria for sure..

I think it's cool that you keep faithful to PES 2020. I never played it, went straight from 2019 to 2021 but that's cool you are faithful to the game you are enjoying most. Right now, I'm really enjoying PES 2017. :TU:

Can't wait to hear the Extremadura story! I love second division stories as you probably know, and I know very little about them, so it should be an interesting ride! An interesting touch is that they are at the bottom of second division, so fighting your way up should be a good challenge. :)
Thanx for your kind words mate. I appreciate. That's true, second division stories is part of my mentalite too. So much, that once i promote to 1st division, i lost the motivation to establish a dynasty!! :P

Extremadura is a team, i had 2 great adventures back in PES 2020. I can't wait to see what happens here. In real life, as far as i know, they have been disassembled, after they faced bankruptcy. Also i love a strange connection they have with dragon ball. A group of their fans were named "Los Gokus" and had a banner with Goku's wig.

0zuzlsBy_400x400.jpg

Now as for Zlatan. Do you mean the known Zlatan? And if yes which patch has him in Bosnia NT? That's really very unique, cause since his carrer start, he has never played for a Bosnian NT, or a Bosnian Club.

@millossobek a for PES 2017, i know your story, can't wait to watch more. 2017 is one of my most beloved PES games. If i wasn't annoyed by the overpowered crosses and headers, at least in my game, they are too overpowered, i would still play it more often.

To be honest i have an old save in 2017, but i moved to Inter Milan. thought i would try a tier A team, but i lost the interest, cause i prefer to have an underdog team and climb slowly to the top. But i am playing 2~3 games in that save, every 2nd or 3rd month, and i will probably dive deeper, once i change club, sooner or latter!! :)

´"Los Gokus!" :LOL: That's pretty cool. I wonder if their players have Saiyan special powers to score goals from midfield! Genki-dama! :LOL:

Honestly I find European second division stories so cool.. I mean, the first division teams get all the attention, but to me the most interesting stories are in second division, the lesser known teams.. I don't know if it's because of their identity, or a more old-school approach, but second division is where it's at for me, also probably because they don't get too much exposure here in South America, I like them and also lesser known European leagues outside of the "big 5"! For example, second division Spain, Italy, also Greek league, Romanian league etc.. Quite curious about all of them. :)

That's cool you're also watching my PES 2017 campaign.. I have a Greek player in Reggina, Panagiotis Tatchsidis, so that should be interesting to you as well! Looking forward to seeing you in the thread. :) I love PES 2017, I've noticed crosses are a bit different like you mention, but it's all a question of adjusting I think.. I find this edition to be so well balanced and fun, perhaps my favorite out of the more modern PES, no gameplay mods required, and I haven't detected any script either!

As for Zlatan, the famous Zlatan, I remember seeing him with Bosnian nationality and in the national team in this one patch I played a few months back simply called "Latin Patch" for PES 2021. Even though this patch focused more on the South American leagues, it also updated Europe. I don't have any screenshots as I don't play with that patch anymore (right now I have editemospes), but I remember being surprised when I saw him there! It was funny, a lot of 70-rated players, and all of a sudden you get Zlatan who is like an 89 or something! :LMAO:

Vamos Extremadura! :TU:

´"Los Gokus!" :LOL: That's pretty cool. I wonder if their players have Saiyan special powers to score goals from midfield! Genki-dama! :LOL:

Honestly I find European second division stories so cool.. I mean, the first division teams get all the attention, but to me the most interesting stories are in second division, the lesser known teams.. I don't know if it's because of their identity, or a more old-school approach, but second division is where it's at for me, also probably because they don't get too much exposure here in South America, I like them and also lesser known European leagues outside of the "big 5"! For example, second division Spain, Italy, also Greek league, Romanian league etc.. Quite curious about all of them. :)

That's cool you're also watching my PES 2017 campaign.. I have a Greek player in Reggina, Panagiotis Tatchsidis, so that should be interesting to you as well! Looking forward to seeing you in the thread. :) I love PES 2017, I've noticed crosses are a bit different like you mention, but it's all a question of adjusting I think.. I find this edition to be so well balanced and fun, perhaps my favorite out of the more modern PES, no gameplay mods required, and I haven't detected any script either!

As for Zlatan, the famous Zlatan, I remember seeing him with Bosnian nationality and in the national team in this one patch I played a few months back simply called "Latin Patch" for PES 2021. Even though this patch focused more on the South American leagues, it also updated Europe. I don't have any screenshots as I don't play with that patch anymore (right now I have editemospes), but I remember being surprised when I saw him there! It was funny, a lot of 70-rated players, and all of a sudden you get Zlatan who is like an 89 or something! :LMAO:

Vamos Extremadura! :TU:
I did a ligue 2 ml with dunkerque in pes 2017. I have a French league table book and picked a team I followed through the book, they missed out on promotion a few times in the 70s 80s and I decided to change that!

I did a ligue 2 ml with dunkerque in pes 2017. I have a French league table book and picked a team I followed through the book, they missed out on promotion a few times in the 70s 80s and I decided to change that!
Ligue 2 is always my way to go, since PES 2018. I pick Paris FC, and had some interesting courses, especially in PES 2020 & PES 2021. In 2020, was from my most successful. Had a Coupe de France win against Saint-Étienne, then i beat PSG for the French Super Cup, and i would probably win the Ligue 1, and de-throne PSG, that season, only if i was n't impatient enough, and did not change clubs without reason... :P

@slamsoze Quick question bro, I was wondering what happened to Márquez? Did he stay in your team, how did he do in your Master League in general? He just left Millos in real life, went back to his native team Unión Magdalena, since his performance at Millos was not as expected. :LOL:

@slamsoze Quick question bro, I was wondering what happened to Márquez? Did he stay in your team, how did he do in your Master League in general? He just left Millos in real life, went back to his native team Unión Magdalena, since his performance at Millos was not as expected. :LOL:
In PES 2020 ML, i still have him in my HSV roster. Although i have Boadu as my main Striker, so he plays as his sub. In my PES 2021 ML, in Burton i got an offer and sold him, the money was good and his developemt curve was not so promising in 2021.

He is victim of the mid-tier players, developing very slow in most recent MLs. But i have him always in my agenta, as a starting CF, besides Koyalipou.

Now that you mentioning, my favourite "poor-man's" strikers, meaning that they have a reasonable price and always pick them in my teams, when starting a Master League, are mostly columbians. Roger Martinez of CA America, and Matteo Cassierra. Although , especially Cassierra, did not develop in real life, as much as they were develping in PES 2015 and 2017, when i discovered them.

ALso special mention here, Roger MArtinez does not exist by default since PES 2020, by is always from the first players i create. But now that he got aged, he is another victim of the not-developing cuvre.

That does it. My usual bundesliga ml must be resurrected. 20 PEU teams 18 Pl 2 licensed German sides and 2 others edited over with homebrew classics, muller, littbarski, Klinsmann etc. Swap them into the Spanish set up 20-22 means less games than my usual 20-24 English league set up, dig out my old top bundesliga players print out and all time 1.bundesliga league standings. I love making osnabrücks purple/pink kit!

Been reading my French league table again(I must stop) I came across a team with probs the most beautiful name for a club Fc Etoile des deux lacs, successful before ww1 and disappeared about the 1950s, played in claret and sky blue, must be a ml story in there?

Been reading my French league table again(I must stop) I came across a team with probs the most beautiful name for a club Fc Etoile des deux lacs, successful before ww1 and disappeared about the 1950s, played in claret and sky blue, must be a ml story in there?
Sounds interesting. Do you have sources for logo? If there was one, 1950 maybe they didn't have. The kit i assume was simple design,one colour the shirt and second colour the shorts .

Took from a French wiki page translated back into English, claret shirt round neck sky blue collar. The area around "deux lacs" looks tranquil too.

A few years back, I made Castel di Sangro. Anyone who is familiar with the book/story will know who they are.

Tempted to redo that. I like making obscure foreign teams and doing a ML with them. Or just finding a random town on a map, designing a kit and badge, making up a team of random nobody's to enter the League with.

Edit mode is a god send and a huge reason I've never gone over to FIFA.

@slamsoze How's it going with Extremadura bro?? Any midfield Goku goals yet?? :TU:
Yo mate. The Extremadura ML in 2021 is going as expected for the moment. I must suffer the pain of ML first matches in new team, meaning loosing matches under paranormal circumstances. For the moment i am in "The Equilibrium Shape" as i call it, when i start in a new team, meaning in 4 matches, i have 1W-2D-1L and 5 Goals FOR- 5 Goals AGAINST. Total balance. Need to find time to compose my videos.

On the bright side, i won my first round in Copa del Rey, in home & away matches. From the highlights was the performance of my "fallen angel" Matteo Cassierra, who seems can revive his carreer. I keep swaping him with Richairo Zivkovic in No9, but Cassierra has better results until now, so he will very soon be my main Striker.

Also forgot to mention, our MVP is again Orlando Berrio, another Columbian, and IMHO the best player in PES 2020 & 2021.

In other news, since you asked last time about Ricardo Marquez, in my ML in PES 2020 with HSV, he did play in the strong match against Leverkusen and did really brilliant, one goal and one assist.

His goal is in the video below, in 03:45

His assist is in 07:50
;)

Leverkusen vs HSV
0-2 (R. Marquez 15', I. Pussetto 32')

1658559336560.png

Nice goal by Márquez! Also a great deft touch for the assist! They did a good job with the face and celebration too. :LOL: Glad to see he did well in HSV.. You know it's funny in the Colombian league, he's scored like 3 times already in 3 matches since we've let him go.. haha.. For some reason being back with Union Magdalena has worked wonders for "The Horse" Márquez.. Oh well, I'm still a fan. :)

Who are you facing next in the Copa del Rey? And who did you beat in the first round? I think it's cool you're achieved "total balance" in your league start, shows that you still have ways to go, which is the whole fun of it! It's funny you mention Mateo Casierra, I played with him in my first Millos save in PES 2021, check out this post, I mention both him and Márquez as well! https://evoweb.uk/threads/millossobeks-master-league-written-stories.88367/#post-3753997

He didn't do quite well in my save, as Márquez emerged as the striker of the future, but still it was nice to have him. Quite a big, physical forward!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom