The Master League adventures thread

MS 17 vs Espanyol.
Always a tricky one playing mid table teams, some days they run you off the pitch some days they dont.
Quite a strong team, 75-79 OVR players in the line up
I decided to play very defensive and counter attack them, its been my prefrence lately with a strong D and midfield.
15 mins in and i scored on a corner.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 18_49_18.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 18_49_47.png

30th min and a mistake by Espanyol in midfied and Griezmann could make it 2-0
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 18_51_46.png

I kept playing with a rather defensive approach all through the first half when a sloppy build up play from Espanyol got intercepted by Demidov, a through ball and 3-0.
End of first half
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 18_54_57.png

Second half was just me controlling the game, ended up scoring a 4th goal by Marreno.
Solid win and nice to get the scoring going properly
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 19_01_57.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 19_06_14.png

At the halfway point in season 2 and it looks like a really interesting season ahead.

After a bit of a slow start, our form quickly picked up and we notched up quite a few wins.

The table looks like this:

View attachment 234566

View attachment 234567

View attachment 234575

The league is really competitive and unpredictable this season. Some of the teams who did well last season seem to have dropped off a little bit and there are a couple of surprise teams in the upper part of the table.

Our real strength so far has been our defence, just 3 goals conceded in the league which has allowed us to stay in games and nick the win. By contrast, we are struggling to score a lot of goals and drawing games has been our main issue. Had we turned a couple of those 8 draws into wins then we could quite easily be top, but in hindsight we could have easily lost a couple of those games too. The top 8 teams are so close that a couple of results can really swing things.

Salazar was a bit of a left field, last minute signing in the summer but he has really stepped up with some excellent goals and assists lately. Agata has still been our main goalscorer but he has missed quite a few games this season due to consistent down/red form arrows.

We had a disappointing defeat last time out against Slovan Liberec, they scored early on and we just couldn’t break them down to equalise.

We have a big game up next against our usual bogey side, Dynamo Kiev.

It’s set up to be a really exciting latter half of the season with everything up for grabs!
Looking very sharp mate, especially in defense, and thats pretty much the key if you want to go far.
im seeing a top 4 position in the cards for you

A 3 game stretch that really pushed my patience for this.
RCD Mallorca at home
You know when you can tell straight away, "aint gonna win this one"
This was one of those, miss after miss, 50/50 balls always going the cpu way, and my players stuck in mud.
Mallorca is a good team, but not this good, still they made 2-0 after 45 mins.
I had to claw my way back in, full attack the whole 2nd half, hitting the post, hitting the crossbar, missing, goal line saves etc etc.
Still i managed to pull out 2 goals my way and ending it in a draw!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 21_58_58.png

Next up newcomers Villareal.
This too became a slug fest, hardly anything going my way, but in the end 1-0 on a corner then 2-0 on a freekick
Think i got compensated for the Mallorca game tbh

Did i deserve it?
Nope.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 22_27_58.png

Last up FC Barcelona at home.
Gameplan?
Keep possesion then hoof it.
didnt create one single chance this game, and gameplan worked, i needed a draw and i got one.
And by some miracle im still on top after these three games, though both Real Madrid and Barcelona are picking up speed, its going to be a tough ride with half a season to go
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 22_31_43.png

I've lost count of the amount of MLs I've done as AC. I've brought one of their shirts a few years back, love them (even as a Villa fan). I might start in England though very tempted by South America which will please @millossobek 😂

Yep, noticed the Midfield is a bit easy to play through but I'm gonna go with it and enjoy the ride.

I can't get over the dribbling, it's mental. If a player has the stats, you can literally 'Messi' half the AI team.
Either one of the teams would be awesome! I've always liked Aston Villa, and also a South American team would be ace! Let me know if you need any help choosing a team, I can help you with South American team personalities and/or history if you're interested! :)

A 3 game stretch that really pushed my patience for this.
RCD Mallorca at home
You know when you can tell straight away, "aint gonna win this one"
This was one of those, miss after miss, 50/50 balls always going the cpu way, and my players stuck in mud.
Mallorca is a good team, but not this good, still they made 2-0 after 45 mins.
I had to claw my way back in, full attack the whole 2nd half, hitting the post, hitting the crossbar, missing, goal line saves etc etc.
Still i managed to pull out 2 goals my way and ending it in a draw!
View attachment 234640

Next up newcomers Villareal.
This too became a slug fest, hardly anything going my way, but in the end 1-0 on a corner then 2-0 on a freekick
Think i got compensated for the Mallorca game tbh

Did i deserve it?
Nope.
View attachment 234641

Last up FC Barcelona at home.
Gameplan?
Keep possesion then hoof it.
didnt create one single chance this game, and gameplan worked, i needed a draw and i got one.
And by some miracle im still on top after these three games, though both Real Madrid and Barcelona are picking up speed, its going to be a tough ride with half a season to go
View attachment 234645

Great update mate - Looks like a really fascinating season. I noticed that Barca have crept back up the table.

Definitely think you will go on to win it this season :BSCARF:

So a bit of a plot twist at the end of the transfer window in my PES United save.

Cremonese decided to trigger the release clause for Oberlin, who we only signed in the Summer. There seems to be something built into the script in 2021 ML whereby a club will always pay the release clause for one of your players in the mid-season window.

I can usually bypass it by offering a new contract before they bid, but Oberlin did not want to renew his contract.

We signed him on a free and sold him for £1.8m - He had scored 4 goals so hardly setting the world alight, but it would have been nice to keep hold of him.

We managed to sign Jean Kevin Augustin on a free transfer on deadline day to replace him. He is a similar profile to Oberlin in terms of his pace but has better stats overall. He managed to start and score on his debut in a 1-1 draw with Olympiakos 🙌🏻

We managed to sign Jean Kevin Augustin on a free transfer on deadline day to replace him. He is a similar profile to Oberlin in terms of his pace but has better stats overall. He managed to start and score on his debut in a 1-1 draw with Olympiakos 🙌🏻
Augustin was my starting striker in my 21 Spezia ML before some Premier League club ironically snatched him with with the release clause as well. Top purchase!

So a bit of a plot twist at the end of the transfer window in my PES United save.

Cremonese decided to trigger the release clause for Oberlin, who we only signed in the Summer. There seems to be something built into the script in 2021 ML whereby a club will always pay the release clause for one of your players in the mid-season window.

I can usually bypass it by offering a new contract before they bid, but Oberlin did not want to renew his contract.

We signed him on a free and sold him for £1.8m - He had scored 4 goals so hardly setting the world alight, but it would have been nice to keep hold of him.

Thats tough, but still realistic i guess, not happening in old games but i have a player that put his contract extension on hold so guess im down the shitter with him.
Some debut by Augustin, nice replacement

Augustin was my starting striker in my 21 Spezia ML before some Premier League club ironically snatched him with with the release clause as well. Top purchase!

Nice one mate! He’s started well so fingers crossed he continues that way - I’m not sure if it’s a placebo effect with PES, but I always feel like certain players just play differently. Almost like they are smoother and easier to control, I get that feeling with Augustin every time he touches the ball.

Thats tough, but still realistic i guess, not happening in old games but i have a player that put his contract extension on hold so guess im down the shitter with him.
Some debut by Augustin, nice replacement

Definitely mate, adds to the realism for sure and keeps you on your toes with your squad. I always try to be realistic with transfers, for example if a Barca or Madrid were to bid for one of my players then I always think in real life they would likely want to move. It just helps keep things fresh as it can be easy to just reject offers and keep hold of your squad.

Easier said than done when you fall in love with a player/team though!

Halfway point in the season.
Transfer window opened up.
I got knocked out in the quarterfinals of Copa Del Rey by Athletico Madrid winning the home game 2-1 then losing at Vicente Calderon 2-0
Rough but all in all, my aim is a good position in the league, and with 2 games per week right now, really dont need a 3rd one
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 11-09-2023 23_05_31.png

Then i had a tough away game vs Real Betis.
I barely got away winning this one, my players arent in the best form exactly
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 13_57_36.png

Matchday 21 saw me go up against my fiercest rivals Athletic Bilbao at San Mames
I had nothing left after a string of tough matches and lost (fair and square) vs a very good team.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_02_30.png

One slip up and im down to third place, such a tough league this.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_02_49.png

Decided to strenghten the squad a bit (need to slim down in the summer though) with two new signings
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_04_50.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_05_21.png

Got 2 "easier" game coming up where i need to really step up and win both or ill go down the table quickly

Nice one mate! He’s started well so fingers crossed he continues that way - I’m not sure if it’s a placebo effect with PES, but I always feel like certain players just play differently. Almost like they are smoother and easier to control, I get that feeling with Augustin every time he touches the ball.

Definitely mate, adds to the realism for sure and keeps you on your toes with your squad. I always try to be realistic with transfers, for example if a Barca or Madrid were to bid for one of my players then I always think in real life they would likely want to move. It just helps keep things fresh as it can be easy to just reject offers and keep hold of your squad.

Easier said than done when you fall in love with a player/team though!
It sure is, had massive love for my younger players on my PES 17 ML, kept them way to long.
Thats good advice when bigger clubs come calling, adds to the realism to let them go.
Should follow that example and set up some house rules

I think I'm swaying towards starting as Racing Club in Argentina.

Just read their wiki page, I love the fact they were the 1st club in the world to win 7 consecutive league titles.

I've also only just noticed, after playing about 5 or 6 exhibition matches with them, that they have a 20 year-old Lautaro Martinez up front.

I've never started in Argentina, so will make a refreshing change even though the League structure looks a bit mental.

I think I'm swaying towards starting as Racing Club in Argentina.

Just read their wiki page, I love the fact they were the 1st club in the world to win 7 consecutive league titles.

I've also only just noticed, after playing about 5 or 6 exhibition matches with them, that they have a 20 year-old Lautaro Martinez up front.

I've never started in Argentina, so will make a refreshing change even though the League structure looks a bit mental.
Youll love it, a bit weird with two seasons in one (winter/summer champions) i found it to be really good, pace etc, no overpowered teams

My 2 so called "easier" games ...
Well not really.
Levante at home
A game that felt good from kickoff really, scored after 17 min and making it 1-0.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_44_48.png
Then something changed, Levante started to threaten a lot, had a few good chances before they equalized late 1st half.
I had two good chances early second half, hit the crossbar twice before Levante counter attacked in 2-1, a solo raid vs my 3 defenders, horrible defending and 2-1 Levante.
Then things got even worse, 70th minute and my LB Zanev got his 2nd yellow card and was sent off.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 14_53_27.png

I had no other option than to re shuffle my team, 2-4-3 formation and full attack.
It paid off in the 84th minute and i made it 2-2 on a shot from Marreno.
I even had yet another shot hitting the woodwork in the 93rd min.
2-2 the end result, after all, ill take it.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 15_00_35.png

Next game was Sporting Gijon at home
A slow paced game, bad passing by me but eventually saw the game out with a 2-1 result.
Gijon got their goal late on when i was winding it down
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 19_49_32.png

After Match day 23 the La liga table is a hornets nest.
Cant afford to slip up here
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 12-09-2023 19_50_21.png

My 2 so called "easier" games ...
Well not really.
Levante at home
A game that felt good from kickoff really, scored after 17 min and making it 1-0.
View attachment 234804
Then something changed, Levante started to threaten a lot, had a few good chances before they equalized late 1st half.
I had two good chances early second half, hit the crossbar twice before Levante counter attacked in 2-1, a solo raid vs my 3 defenders, horrible defending and 2-1 Levante.
Then things got even worse, 70th minute and my LB Zanev got his 2nd yellow card and was sent off.
View attachment 234805

I had no other option than to re shuffle my team, 2-4-3 formation and full attack.
It paid off in the 84th minute and i made it 2-2 on a shot from Marreno.
I even had yet another shot hitting the woodwork in the 93rd min.
2-2 the end result, after all, ill take it.
View attachment 234806

Next game was Sporting Gijon at home
A slow paced game, bad passing by me but eventually saw the game out with a 2-1 result.
Gijon got their goal late on when i was winding it down
View attachment 234807

After Match day 23 the La liga table is a hornets nest.
Cant afford to slip up here
View attachment 234808
Hard lines with the draw mate but sounds like you really grinded out the result, 1 point could make a difference come the end of the season given how tight the league is!

Last edited:
We’re right in the thick of things with 9 games remaining at the business end of season 2.

I alluded to it in my very brief update last night but Augustin has been a game changer for us. He has 5 goals in his 4 starts and he doesn’t look like slowing down any time soon.

IMG_1570.jpeg
IMG_1571.jpeg

It is 4 straight wins now, including the 3 games in the graphic above - Dinamo Zagreb, last seasons champions, have picked up form again and are in second with Olympiakos just ahead of them at the top.

We are pushing them as much as we can but I do feel like our quality is still a level below. However, we have opened up a nice gap of 5 points from Shakhtar in 4th. Currently, that would give us European football next season which was my main goal this season. The league has been so tight all season though and things can change quickly. If we could end the season now then I would take 3rd place in a heartbeat.

We are still not exactly in and amongst the goals but Augustin has helped with that. The last match against Hapoel was a real nail biter, we went ahead early in the first half but it was backs to the wall to keep them out in the second half. We won’t get that lucky every match so hopefully we have enough to get over the line.

Should have an end of season update by the end of this week 🙌🏻

We’re right in the thick of things with 9 games remaining at the business end of season 2.

I alluded to it in my very brief update last night but Augustin has been a game changer for us. He has 5 goals in his 4 starts and he doesn’t look like slowing down any time soon.

View attachment 234915
View attachment 234916

It is 4 straight wins now, including the 3 games in the graphic above - Dinamo Zagreb, last seasons champions, have picked up form again and are in second with Olympiakos just ahead of them at the top.

We are pushing them as much as we can but I do feel like our quality is still a level below. However, we have opened up a nice gap of 5 points from Shakhtar in 4th. Currently, that would give us European football next season which was my main goal this season. The league has been so tight all season though and things can change quickly. If we could end the season now then I would take 3rd place in a heartbeat.

We are still not exactly in and amongst the goals but Augustin has helped with that. The last match against Hapoel was a real nail biter, we went ahead early in the first half but it was backs to the wall to keep them out in the second half. We won’t get that lucky every match so hopefully we have enough to get over the line.

Should have an end of season update by the end of this week 🙌🏻
That is some serious results, looking europe for sure

18a8f2369d377-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_433822325027272_1694618457137_edit_...jpg

The journey begins. My made up, Argentine manager - Javi Franco - is appointed Manager of Racing Club.

Racing have a strong squad, with the likes of Lautaro Martinez already at the club.

Spent a good while going through it and the only 2 positions I needed 'cover' for were CB & DMF.

Not a bad budget of around £13mill to spend.

I've set up 2 formations, a 4-1-3-2 attacking & a 5-3-2 more defensive tactic. Both fluid formations. Sorted out the training and then it was into the transfer window.

33 year-old Miguel Martinez is brought in on a 1 year-loan as CB cover.

18a8f312e8659-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_433822569194172_1694619410914.jpg

Next in the door was Gonzalo Baglivo, a DMF from UT Cajamarca for a few hundred grand, as back-up for Domiguez.

18a8f31561b8-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_433822571244157_1694619418922.jpg

I edit all the Youth players, basically tidy up their appearance and give them proper names. 17 year-old, Argentine, Miggy Bianchi is promoted to the 1st team fold...

18a8f30f58c36-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_433822565568404_1694619396751.jpg

A few players were sold, mainly younger ones who are low rated and have no chance of making it. My CB Sigali attracted bids from Portugal but not from one of the 'big' sides so these were rebuffed.

Business done, or so I thought. I like to keep my ML realistic in the fact if a silly offer or 'bigger' club comes in, I have to take it.

Vitesse had put a £9mill offer in for Ricardo Centurion, a very good RW who was a huge part of the 1st team plans. I rejected it, thinking 'well, it ain't like AJAX bid'. 2 hours later, Stoke, in the Prem, offered £13.5mill, about £5mill more than his value. I had to accept it.

I wouldn't find a like for like replacement, he was 77 rated and still developing (hit 78 the day he left). I knew I'd be hard pressed to find a player of the same calibre, without blowing the whole budget.

After a bit of scouting around, I found Rodrigo Gomez, plying his trade at Toluca. 73 rated but good explosive power & speed stats, which I deem crucial for a wide player. We offered £3.5mill his value, they wanted £6mill so with 2 hours before the window shut & Centurion gone, I paid it.

18a8f311a7525-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_433822567432921_1694619404034.jpg

Hectic start to life in South America and our first League game is away vs River Plate.

Really looking forward to this 🇦🇷🔵⚪

View attachment 234940

The journey begins. My made up, Argentine manager - Javi Franco - is appointed Manager of Racing Club.

Racing have a strong squad, with the likes of Lautaro Martinez already at the club.

Spent a good while going through it and the only 2 positions I needed 'cover' for were CB & DMF.

I've set up 2 formations, a 4-1-3-2 attacking & a 5-3-2 more defensive tactic. Both fluid formations. Sorted out the training and then it was into the transfer window.

View attachment 234944

Next in the door was Gonzalo Baglivo, a DMF from UT Cajamarca for a few hundred grand, as back-up for Domiguez.

View attachment 234950

I edit all the Youth players, basically tidy up their appearance and give them proper names. 17 year-old, Argentine, Miggy Bianchi is promoted to the 1st team fold...

View attachment 234946

A few players were sold, mainly younger ones who are low rated and have no chance of making it. My CB Sigali attracted bids from Portugal but not from one of the 'big' sides so these were rebuffed.

Business done, or so I thought. I like to keep my ML realistic in the fact if a silly offer or 'bigger' club comes in, I have to take it.

Vitesse had put a £9mill offer in for Ricardo Centurion, a very good RW who was a huge part of the 1st team plans. I rejected it, thinking 'well, it ain't like AJAX bid'. 2 hours later, Stoke, in the Prem, offered £13.5mill, about £5mill more than his value. I had to accept it.

I wouldn't find a like for like replacement, he was 77 rated and still developing (hit 78 the day he left). I knew I'd be hard pressed to find a player of the same calibre, without blowing the whole budget.

After a bit of scouting around, I found Rodrigo Gomez, plying his trade at Toluca. 73 rated but good explosive power & speed stats, which I deem crucial for a wide player. We offered £3.5mill his value, they wanted £6mill so with 2 hours before the window shut & Centurion gone, I paid it.

View attachment 234951

Hectic start to life in South America and our first League game is away vs River Plate.

Good luck buddy!

View attachment 234940

View attachment 234944

View attachment 234950

View attachment 234946

View attachment 234951

Lautarito is one of my favorite Argentinean players! How old is he in your save? It's going to be a challenge, but it would be great if you could retain him long term (although like in real life, he might get a tempting offer from Europe!) Looking foward to hearing how you do with Racing bro! :TU:

Oh and PES 2017 forever! :BSCARF:

Back
Top Bottom