The Retro-PES Corner

Hi bros!

So after reading all of your opinions and doing my own research as well, I narrowed down my options for retro PES to 2011, and 2013. And, after much debating and playtesting, I have decided to settle on: PES 2011 :TU:

I know it's a bit late to give my own opinion on this, but... I am absolutely positive you'll enjoy Master League on PES 2011!

I adored PES 2009 back when it was released – more specifically the Become a Legend mode – and it satisfied my desire for football on the PS3 so much that I skipped both 2010 and 2011 because the younger me assumed nothing noteworthy had changed between the installments. I only got those two titles years later, and they ended up sitting on the shelf next to the rest of the series.

Then, a couple of years ago, I went through my collection of PES games and realized there was a handful of titles I had yet to actually play. I decided to give PES 2011 a chance, and while I wasn’t impressed by the gameplay at first, it grew on me to the point where I started editing the fake teams and players to make the experience more complete. Of course, editing on your own takes time, so I ended up starting a “temporary” Master League… but as it often happens in the Master League mode, I grew really attached to my team and couldn’t find it in my heart to start over, not even when my edits were close to completion.

As other members have already pointed out, the mode is full of awesome details for managing your team, but I have also found that the mode is pretty good at staying challenging, even when playing on Professional difficulty. If you add in a few house rules, it gets even better in the long run. I did that last year, when I began a new save, and it’s been one of the most memorable experiences I have had with the mode in any PES!

Hey bros! How's it going!

With the whole mess that is "efootball", I think these threads that pay tribute to PES are more important now more than ever!

Anyway, enough about that. I've setted on PES 2011. I have found an interesting thing about it. It seems to play better (at least in my computer) than PES 2013! I don't know why or how, perhaps it has to do with the settings or something, but my PES 2011 looks crisper, has better graphics and plays smoother than 2013! Does anyone else have this experience?

@CimTrifius That's so cool to hear PES 2011 was one of your best experiences ever. That is really encouraging. Who did you play your ML with?I have yet to delve into a Master League, because I have a few things I want to take care of first, namely, finding a good South American option file. I've already downloaded PESEdit, which is a great patch for Europe, but I'd also like to have a full South American patch.

There's a great patch called "Super Patch America" which has all South American leagues and is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the links are down, and I'm having a tough time finding another good patch which is of this style. Perhaps you guys could help me find one?

while on 2011, for no obvious reason, something happened and they cut down all values, like MESSI costing 20million euros and such things.
I am about to start an ML in PES 2011. However, I was wondering about this.. Are all prices of all players cut down drastically? Wouldn't this make transfers unrealistically easy? That would be a bummer, because I am liking everything else about this game, from the gameplay to the presentation, everything.. :TU:

Anyone know how to do the body feint on PES 5/6 with the left joystick.

Sometimes I do it without knowing how

I found this on another forum but still can't perform it

" Either hit the left analog stick twice to the left or right of the player or when on normal jog hit left then quickly hit right. "

I have been playing some PES5 (Fabri55 O.G Season) and I think the move you are talking about depends on stats, so not every player can do it.
My guess is dribbling, balance or agility stats .. or maybe all of them?

@millossobek I've had that problem with some older PES.. at first I thought the patch might have ruined the database,
but then I tried vanilla and it was the same dumb pricing. Players annual salary became their transfer fee.

Can't remember which edition it was, but its probably just KONAMI things :TU:

I am about to start an ML in PES 2011. However, I was wondering about this.. Are all prices of all players cut down drastically? Wouldn't this make transfers unrealistically easy? That would be a bummer, because I am liking everything else about this game, from the gameplay to the presentation, everything.. :TU:
Not really, cause your budget is also in relation cut down and the costs you need to invest in preseason, both in staff if you want better, and in other areas, like fan club, youth academy, are so hard, that it makes impossible to grab so easily star players, you will be left with much less budget, so the analogy will be the same, just different inflation..

And as the seasons do pass, value of star players like Messi keep increasing according to their overall. So after 4~5 seasons most players tend to have more realistic values. Also your budget is rising accordingly, if you do well in your league and CL, EL and you have invested your budget properly. By properly i mean IIRC, you must first maximise the level of your Fan Club, lvl.5 i think.

To be honest all PES games have flawed values one way or another, until PES 2020. Only PES 2010 had more realistic player values before 2020.

@Joga for some reason , Youtube censored your comment about Basaksehir in my PES2018 video. Second time Youtube does it by itself.

Another quick question. How do you shield the ball/fight for position in PES 2011? I've seen videos of people doing it but I haven't been able to figure it out in the actual matches themselves..

Last edited:
Another quick question. How do you shield the ball/fight for position in PES 2011? I've seen videos of people doing it but I haven't been able to figure it out in the actual matches themselves..
I don't think there is a way to shield, meaning a specific button, usually pressing R2+direction does such magic tricks in every old PES up to 2019. Maybe it is auto/contextual as always. What i've noticed attacking wise, maybe this a HUGE personal-placebo, the players with shoulder-feint skill card, perform a better shoulder-barge, while attacking.

Well, according to the guide of PES6, and I think the same for 2011, there's one situation where you can make the player shield the ball; stop the player with R1( and keep pressing it) + release the stick/ dpad

PES 2013 is a great game but you really spend a lot of time editing the faces ingame. I think i should go back to PES 6 to make my classic OF with All-Stars teams, at least in that game editing the faces is easier :LMAO:

Last edited:
I wanna thank Konami and PES 2011 for letting me becoming a fan of Nina Zilli.

She's infamous worldwide, but thanks to PES I discovered her. PES 2011 included 2 songs: 50 Mila and L'inferno

Last edited:
That's so cool to hear PES 2011 was one of your best experiences ever. That is really encouraging. Who did you play your ML with?I have yet to delve into a Master League, because I have a few things I want to take care of first, namely, finding a good South American option file. I've already downloaded PESEdit, which is a great patch for Europe, but I'd also like to have a full South American patch.

I actually went with WE United for both of my adventures in PES 2011s Master League!

Ever since my first encounter with the mode back in PES 5, I have enjoyed creating my own teams, kits and crests. Master League always had a lovely touch of "fantasy" to it, so playing through it with your own team never felt out of place to me. That said, most of my Master League saves in recent installments have been with real teams, because OFs have been easier to come by and install.

Picking WE United feels like a fun way to honor the older titles in the series, and I actually quite like their default kits as well (... with a few minor adjustments!)

---

Also, everyone... this has probably been discussed before, but I wonder if any of you guys have an opinion on which International Superstar Soccer is the best on the Playstation 2?

I have ISS2 for Xbox and ISS3 for Playstation 2, and I ultimately want to collect all three for that console... but I still enjoy hearing what people think of the games! :))

Random thought; I used to think that no good offer would ever come for my in house grown players in 2011 ML. I was always getting low sums even for more than decent guys. Then one day I randomly had 42 millions for Kyle Walker by Barça who developed his 83 overall from low 70ies entirely with me. Sold him and completed my transfer campaign. Felt so good! Reminds me sooner or later I'll have to retake that ML.

Hi bros! I'd like to ask your opinion about the following..

I took two screenshots of PES 2011 and PES 2013 gameplay, both in the same stadium

pes2011.jpgpes2013.jpg

The first one is 2011, the second one 2013. I am playing both games with MEDIUM resolution settings (since these are older games and they don't detect my NVIDIA card, I have to play them in medium). Is it just my impression or 2011 looks quite a bit better and crisper?

I am not using any reshaders nor have I changed any in-game graphics settings. Isn't 2013 supposed to have better graphics, being that it is the latter game?

Not that I am playing these retro gems for the graphics anyway, but I was wondering about this, and wanted to know if there was a way to make PES 2013 look crisper with "MEDIUM" settings.

Last edited:
Hi bros! I'd like to ask your opinon about the following..

I took two screenshots of PES 2011 and PES 2013 gameplay, both in the same stadium

View attachment 124611View attachment 124612

The first one is 2011, the second one 2013. I am playing both games with MEDIUM resolution settings (since these are older games and they don't detect my NVIDIA card, I have to play them in medium). Is it just my impression or 2011 looks quite a bit better and crisper?

I am not using any reshaders nor have I changed any in-game graphics settings. Isn't 2013 supposed to have better graphics, being that it is the latter game?

Not that I am playing these retro gems for the graphics anyway, but I was wondering about this, and wanted to know if there was a way to make PES 2013 look crisper with "MEDIUM" settings.
Why dont you override the settings via kitserver console? You can input whatever resolution you want too.

Booted up my 2010 and 2011 yesterday, inspired by you recent posts. On 2010 i installed @Camaldinho wonderful PESEDIT 2010 patch. You know what, i would say PES2010 ML seems a little bit less deeper, but the details it has are more accurate, like players values, and better training schedules. Where does it loose is, excluding the gameplay, the menus are very tricky, trying to navigate from the ML central menu, to do all out of the filed staff, is a little bit torture.

Well watching again the depth of ML on those games, i feel the pain again, why those things are not yet back..

For example in my current 2011 ML, i am with Leeds 2nd season, still in bottom of 2nd division. Apart from i am playing on TopPlayer and i am really bad on those games, i struggle to gain a 0-0 draw, i am trapped in a loophole that is so magic, that's the struggle i want to have in a Master League.

Instead of a team packed with 40 regens, rated from 70 OPR and above, i am now with around 23 players, most of them ML defaults, i can't win anything for the shake of me. On top of that,first season, i signed only Palmieri and invested the rest budget on facilities. Second season i was forced to sell players and cut bravely the costs, in order to balance expected earnings. Now i must either start winning something, or start winning something!!! :P
Cause if i keep like now , next season i will gain even shitier regens in the youth academy and will not be able to renew all my crappy players in the roster.

I like this type of torture, i find it 1000% realistic, a team that goes shite and cause of this operates as shite! It really makes you either think smart, or get better in your ML career. SHame, shame, shame that all those features are out in the most advertised reworked modern MLs.

I really plan to make a video some day, explaining all those features, how did they work, how did they keep they ML in balance and why they should be in any modern PES. Basically every modern ML , should start from that point of 2011 ML and only add features.....

It is shame, cause it depends only to hard work, nothing to do with money or licensing.. :(

Last edited:
Why dont you overide the settings via kitserver console? You can input whatever resolution you want too.
I tried that bro. Problem is, when I put the graphics sliders on high, the game lags and becomes choppy due to it not detecting my nvidia graphics card. My only solution is to play the games in medium.. but then I can see a real difference between 2011 and 2013 graphics..

I tried that bro. Problem is, when I put the graphics sliders on high, the game lags and becomes choppy due to it not detecting my nvidia graphics card. My only solution is to play the games in medium.. but then I can see a real difference between 2011 and 2013 graphics..
What i noticed, PES 2011 being more of a prototype, has some differnet LOD, or whatever it's cold. I play also in medium settings, and in matches with rainny weather there is a foggy atmosphere, while in 2013 the colours and details look a little bit more cartoony, but i assume it is "better" or "worse" optimised"

In my laptop forcing high, i get microstutters in 2011 and in 2012 & 2013 i get some tearing, but much less stutters. It is this KONAMI strange optimisation...

P.S. : i updated my post, after you quoted me, added some things! :)

Hey bro, try using sweetFX here - https://controlc.com/b91cc2e2 (from pesnewupdate)
Sometimes it actually helps with performance. Also maybe irrelevant but, in kitserver check lodcfg so all are maxed out.

Those screens though, it still amazes me how beautiful PES 2011 is :SHOCK:

@slamsoze A video would be tremendous! I remember from 2010 onwards, every year (especially 2012) I would think "This is nearly perfect, next release will be the one!" .. I would call my mates & tell them "The KING is back bro! try this new PES!" Good times :))

EDIT: most of them would reply " You say the same thing every year bro, shutup!" :LOL:

This is a really cool back and forth we've got here about PES 2011 and PES 2013, I am really enjoying these installments and discussions! :YES:

Since I am new to these editions of PES, I feel like a kid in a candy store, looking at all these awesome features, depths of ML, and hundreds of patches and options that these two games have. I really understand now why people say this generation of PES games were great.

Anyway, I know first I said I would choose 2013, then 2011, now I've decided to keep both! I can definitely see pros and cons in both games.

PES 2011: Like @Joga said, the graphics are beautiful. (thanks for the tool, bro!) In addition, like @slamsoze said, Master League is really something!! I can't believe there is an option of having strategies based on minutes! Like for example, from minute 1-30, play this way, from min 30-45, play another way, etc. That is amazing. Also, the game presentation is very solid, the menus are quite a sight and the whole setup of the game is very intuitive and smooth like butter. :)

The only things that are missing for me are perhaps a little bit more physicality in the gameplay, I'd like more jostling for position and hold-up play (feeling more weight to the players). Also, the number patches available for 2011 are a bit limited, even though the ones that exist are great!

PES 2013: Like mentioned before, the amount of patches and option files for PES 2013 is amazing! Remember I told you guys I was looking for a South American patch? I found an incredible one, with EVERY SINGLE SOUTH AMERICAN LEAGUE AND THEIR SECOND DIVISON (switchable) + Mexico!! Isn't that incredible? I've never seen such a complete South American patch, so I'm quite happy about that. Also, I think I like the gameplay a bit more in PES 2013, the players feel a bit weightier.

However, 2013 Master League doesn't seem as deep as 2011. It is still very good, and detailed, just not as thorough. Also, the graphics part I mentioned. But I've also heard 2013 has the best BAL!

In anycase like I mentioned.. I feel like a kid at a candy store. I've decided to keep the Snickers and the Mars (2011 and 2013!). In fact, I will use 2011 for Europe, and 2013 for South America! I'm off to play a good number of hours bros, catch u all later! :TU:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the faces are located in PES 2011/12? & would it be possible to add them into PES 13 for retired legends... Pires, Dudek etc.

Last edited:
I have that problem with PES 2017, it runs like shit while PES 2021 runs great.

I wanna thank Konami and PES 2011 for letting me becoming a fan of Nina Zilli.

She's infamous worldwide, but thanks to PES I discovered her. PES 2011 included 2 songs: 50 Mila and L'inferno

And you know what's great? Both songs can be used to describe the brand new eFootball experience.

50 mila (which goes like "50 thousand tears, without even knowing why") is how we players actually feel.
L'Inferno (translated: "Hell") is a good description of how the game is right now.

Back
Top Bottom