The Retro-PES Corner

Hi bros! I was wondering if you guys could help me with something.

I found a gameplay tool for PES 2013 that works and opens perfectly in newer windows editions, including gameplay and camera tweaks.

All credit goes to
EarThLinK GaMinG

This is a link to the above tool, which has worked nicely for me.
Mega

I'm basically looking for wide broadcasting camera angles.. I tried to insert the values posted earlier in the retro installments thread but the angles came out very strange (I'm guessing because these values were not designed for this version of the gameplay tool). I reverted the values back to normal.

In anycase, I was wondering if anybody could help me set up realistic wide broadcasting camera values using the program above. I'd much appreciate it if anybody could help me with these values so I can play in this camera.. Thanks in advance friends.. :TU:

Last edited:
I am completely addicted to PES 2011 and 2013, lol.. :LOL: Don't get me wrong, I love and thoroughly enjoy modded PES 2021, especially with all the great gameplay mods available here, but these two retro installments are a whole new experience.

I've managed to overlook the earlier-gen graphics and movement (even though 2011 looks great and 2013 with improvements and forced high quality is pretty decent), and I'm really having a blast with 2011 and 2013, playing in Europe and South America, respectively. It's hard to put my finger on it, it's a mixture of the different gameplay, presentation, depth of Master Leagues, more classic rosters, but I just can't stop playing. Having tons of fun! :TU:

Mobile gaming for the 'old crowd'.

- Galaxy Tab A
- FPse
- High definition mode with CRT shader
- Winning Eleven 2002, USA '94 patch
- Series S controller via Bluetooth
- Diego Maradona
- Jorge Campos

View attachment 124781

Amazing what an average Android tablet can handle!
makes me remember Campos and his signature kits! man, that parrot! :LOVE:
in your picture he got the wings he deserves! a legend in goal, i'd say.

makes me remember Campos and his signature kits! man, that parrot! :LOVE:
in your picture he got the wings he deserves! a legend in goal, i'd say.

Haha; good spot on the wings. I'm lovin' it. 🍔

Read about him recently and I didn't realise just how successful he was as a striker. I thought it was a kind of gimmick. "Okay, fine, Jorge, you can go up front..." in friendlies or dead rubbers but no! Was UNAM's top-scorer one season before becoming their first-choice goalkeeper during the following season!

Haha; good spot on the wings. I'm lovin' it. 🍔

Read about him recently and I didn't realise just how successful he was as a striker. I thought it was a kind of gimmick. "Okay, fine, Jorge, you can go up front..." in friendlies or dead rubbers but no! Was UNAM's top-scorer one season before becoming their first-choice goalkeeper during the following season!
ok then, i gotta ask. have you heard of José Luis Chilavert?!

if not, go check him out and be ready for a pleasant surprise! keepers... you gotta love them! :D

ok then, i gotta ask. have you heard of José Luis Chilavert?!

if not, go check him out and be ready for a pleasant surprise! keepers... you gotta love them! :D

Oh yeah. Well aware of Chilavert. Notable mention to Rogerio Ceni too! But as far as I know they didn't ever play outfield, but only took free-kicks and penalties? Unlike Campos, who played outfield before converting.

Oh yeah. Well aware of Chilavert. Notable mention to Rogerio Ceni too! But as far as I know they didn't ever play outfield, but only took free-kicks and penalties? Unlike Campos, who played outfield before converting.
correct. Chilavert was famous for coming up to take the kree kicks!
Campos was something of a "turned around Neuer" of his time! :D Neuer started as a keeper but reinvented the positional play.

you poked into the bee hive and now i cant stop... :D just one more...

Goalkeepers who started off as outfield players in Football​

https://www.sportco.io/article/goalkeepers-outfield-players-football-981409

correct. Chilavert was famous for coming up to take the kree kicks!
Campos was something of a "turned around Neuer" of his time! :D Neuer started as a keeper but reinvented the positional play.

you poked into the bee hive and now i cant stop... :D just one more...

Goalkeepers who started off as outfield players in Football​

https://www.sportco.io/article/goalkeepers-outfield-players-football-981409

All of them seem to have made the move when they were in their teens, at youth level. Campos made the switch when he was in his 20s! He's still the guy for me! 😁

All of them seem to have made the move when they were in their teens, at youth level. Campos made the switch when he was in his 20s! He's still the guy for me! 😁
well, in our sunday league team, i have to do "the switch" a lot of times, due to shortage of players some weekends! :LOL:
you'd be proud of me! :D
when it happens, its the lonely striker position i take care of. standing in the right place, binding 2 players, receiving balls and forwarding them! thats all thats expected from me!

Talking about keepers I'd like to see Ederson in midfield! I seem to recall him saying in an interview that he played outfield as a kid but didn't like running around so went in goal.

As a Mexican Pumas UNAM fan. Jorge Campos was my idol in the 90s.

I've ended up down a Jorge hole, doing some research!

From what I can gather he was a striker in 89/90, their top scorer on 14 goals.

In 90/91 he played as both a striker and goalkeeper throughout the season, sometimes swapping mid game.

Here he is in goal wearing number 10 as they won the playoff:

Screenshot_20211004-213326_YouTube.jpg

And then from 91/92 onwards he was a full-time goalkeeper. Is that right?

Fascinating guy.

Had a nice game today on a new PES 5 ML outing. I have modified the stats going by the suggestions in one of the threads in the modding boards (think it's Ciais' thread or one contributed to by him), lowering speed, acceleration (greatly). free kick and dribbling accuracy among other things. Made my own team and added a few unknown (to me, at least) decent players to bolster the starting line up, as well as discarding Lothar as I rarely use him. I started off very poorly, not scoring in the first three games and losing one notable game by 4-0, and didn't come close to promotion in the first season. However, I was improving towards the end as I finally settled upon a formation that was successful (4-3-3; three forwards of some sort always seems to work for me).

At the halfway point of the first season, I actually had offers for two of my players- Fouque was sold to Everton, and Minanda was sold to PSG! I would not normally sell Minanda, but I wasn't sure that he was the man for the job in my current playthrough and besides, I like to think of him getting his moment with a big team at the end of his career. The Minanda deal was a part exchange, so I got cash and a fullback named Paulo Cesar. I also punted for a replacement SS/AMF that I didn't expect to get, but did- Mancini! I didn't even offer an outrageous wage; I virtually never manage to acquire such big stars until I've won major honours or offer a massive wage increase. He was a help in the second half of the season, making 3 assists in the league among other things, but didn't score many. I just wasn't playing that well in the first season, though I did manage to win the D2 cup final against league champs Lokomotiv Moskow.

Despite Hamsun being my league top scorer with 4 in the first year, I usually stuck with the starting trio of Mancini, Castolo and Huylens up front as I like their style. This year, I've been virtually unstoppable, just having confirmed my promotion with three games remaining and as yet unbeaten in the league, though I came close in a 4-4 thriller against Catania. That was a great match. Catania and Steaua Bucharest were relegated to D2 at the end of 2005, and both have had a rough year, but I struggled to play my usual game against Catania a lot of the time. In the cup I was 2-0 down against them in the second leg, but managed to win 3-2 and progress, and in that 4-4 game I again went down 2-0 early before rapidly scoring two to level it going into the break. In the second half I quickly scored a third, a nice drive by Dodo into the bottom corner, but then they equalised in amusing fashion; a corner swung in towards the near post, Zamenhof couldn't quite reach it and it skimmed off the bar and deflected into the goal off Macco's head as he ran back to try and clear the danger. They then broke down the left flank and as Zamenhof ran out Baiocco slotted it into the far corner. I levelled it in the last ten minutes through one of the players I chose at the start of the season; think his name is Domu or Doma or something, a French LMF. My favourite goal this season though was by Mancini; Stremer rushed forward to intercept one of their midfielders and dispossessed him, bundling the ball toward Iouga. Mancini was making a run off the defender, and I could see that the computer would get the through ball right (rather than hitting it straight at the defender as they so often do), so I pressed the triangle button and sent it through. I did a first time lob shot, something I often miss but I was feeling confident, and Mancini nailed it, and it sailed in.

Shortly afterward he was through again and tried another lob, but the keeper had managed to rush out and saved it, but interestingly it flew up into the air and was coming down close to the line Mancini managed to get their with a defender by his side, and bundled it over the line. These interesting goals are as special a part of Pro Evo for me as the spectacular finishes when all your cool moves go to plan.

I am in the final of the D2 cup again, having won the semi final easily against Kaiserslauten (first leg 2-1 away, second leg 5-0 at home!) and am all but certain to win the league (second place is currently Nurnburg, who were rubbish last year). Mancini has scored a hat trick as well as a couple of braces this year, and so leads the scoring charts on 10 goals!

With the stat changes I've made, I really like the general play because it is more interesting (players tiring towards the end of the game and making more mistakes, less-than-perfect passes and shots, keepers fumbling things; applies to both the player and the opposition of course), but there are three downsides; the interesting dribbling moves you can usually make are more limited because virtually all players are more clumsy and simply unable to do the more complex stuff (try doing a 'Marseille turn' and watch the ball spin embarassingly away from the player's feet). Secondly, although all the starting players (and classic ones, who become available in the first year) have the lowered stats, newly created players (including Celnili and co.) have the normal high values, which obviously skews things a bit. I suppose these suggested stat changes weren't intended so much for MLs, but in any case such players are in the minority so it doesn't spoil it for me. The third thing that I've noticed is that the AI teams are far lower scoring in their auto resolved games (ie all the ones which I don't participate in), presumably because these are calculated based on the stats of the players involved. Last season I finished fourth and was the second highest scoring team, which wasn't really strange, but this year I am the only team to have scored more than 6 goals in the 11 games played so far.

Rediscovering PES 5 in this last year or two has been a double edged sword for me. I actually bought a new mobo, RAM and CPU to bring my computer a bit more up to date two years ago this November, but I haven't had it inside my PC case in 2021. Why? Well, my PS2 pad-to-PC adapter doesn't work with Windows 10, and in any case I think I had problems installing PES 5 on it as well, so I bought a copy of Windows 7 for about £30 (actually bought it for PES 6 a few years ago). I set up a dual boot system, and now I choose my OS at startup. The trouble is, I only realised after buying the new mobo that it doesn't support Win 7. I tried running it, but it didn't play ball (think it might have booted up, but then I found I pretty much couldn't do anything I needed to like installing games or connecting to the internet). So until I feel the need to buy a cutting edge new game that I will need my upgraded parts for, or get completely fed up with PES 5, I can't be bothered putting the new mobo back in! That's despite my computer being rather noisy as the fan whirrs angrily to keep the heat under control. The new mobo handles streaming etc. with far more ease, and so is very quiet in comparision.

Last edited:
Bros! I have a question, maybe one of you guys can help me out with this.

I downloaded a nice South American patch for PES 2013, called ICARO Tricolor PES, and would like to play with an edited or created Argentinean second division team. I'd like to edit the team and create a crest, colors, and kit for it. However, the game itself will not let me edit the teams at all.

1633429702650.png

As you can see, the parts that say "Name of the team, crest, uniform" are not selectable. There are no teams in the game that can be edited this way, either. I was wondering of there was a method which can let me do this, since I'd really like to create my own team, but also be able to play with the patch.

Thanks in advance bros. :TU:

Last edited:
Hi bros!

I'd like to permanently disable the boots attributes boosts in PES 2013 Master League.

Is there any mod or procedure that does this?

Thanks in advance. :TU:

Reactions: H_G
Bros! I have a question, maybe one of you guys can help me out with this.

I downloaded a nice South American patch for PES 2013, called ICARO Tricolor PES, and would like to play with an edited or created Argentinean second division team. I'd like to edit the team and create a crest, colors, and kit for it. However, the game itself will not let me edit the teams at all.

View attachment 125117

As you can see, the parts that say "Name of the team, crest, uniform" are not selectable. There are no teams in the game that can be edited this way, either. I was wondering of there was a method which can let me do this, since I'd really like to create my own team, but also be able to play with the patch.

Thanks in advance bros. :TU:
The teams are all licensed, so you need to replace everything using external editors. All of the team emblems can be edited using PESUltimateDataExplorer.
You'll have to change the kits within kitserver, too.

I've ended up down a Jorge hole, doing some research!

From what I can gather he was a striker in 89/90, their top scorer on 14 goals.

In 90/91 he played as both a striker and goalkeeper throughout the season, sometimes swapping mid game.

Here he is in goal wearing number 10 as they won the playoff:

View attachment 125058

And then from 91/92 onwards he was a full-time goalkeeper. Is that right?

Fascinating guy.
Yeah sounds about right. He would still occasionally play as a forward for Pumas and the national team, but dude was a beast during the 94 world cup.

I have that problem with PES 2017, it runs like shit while PES 2021 runs great.
Bro, you could try this. I can't guarantee it works because I have NVIDIA and not Intel and haven't tried this method yet, but some people have said it works on both video cards.

Last edited:
PA1 was the best free passing, it was as assisted as needed but not more. Unfortunately just from 2016 they ditched it away, making easier the Pingpong tikitaka, with backheels etc.

Basically on passing, they never achieved a better balance between assisted and manual.
100% agree with this and also what @MKC said! :TU: If only there was a gameplay mod for PES 2021 which went back to PES 2013-2015 assistance levels, man that would be really cool.

In PES 2013, approximately:
PA 0 = PA 0 in PES 2021
PA 1 = PA 0.5
PA 2 = PA 0.7
PA 3 = PA 1

This was ideal, and part of what makes these games so fun to play (I am playing 2013 at the moment, and loving it). Really makes one appreciate the intermediate assistance levels, which IMO are the best. PA 1 in 2013, in particular, is absolutely perfect. :YES:

Back
Top Bottom