The Retro-PES Corner

Can anyone explain me what it's the technique of relevant button at 3:56 ? Off the ball mouvement technique

It's similair to this situation 2:10

It's a cursor change ! I mean the cursor change should be set to manual to do it ?

Last edited:
Bros, need your help with the following.

I downloaded a large South American patch for PES 2013 called Icaro Tricolor.

It's quite good, but it has some issues, including some "grey faceless" players, and more importantly, this:

transparency.jpg

This Chilean team has a transparent kit, and I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone could help me fix this kit, and give me some proper steps, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks. :TU:

Bros, need your help with the following.

I downloaded a large South American patch for PES 2013 called Icaro Tricolor.

It's quite good, but it has some issues, including some "grey faceless" players, and more importantly, this:

View attachment 125680

This Chilean team has a transparent kit, and I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone could help me fix this kit, and give me some proper steps, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks. :TU:
verify in your gdb folder if the kit of this team is in .bmp format.
Is it's the case, change it to .png

Is there a gameplay patch for PES 2013 that makes players make more forward runs in attack? That's the one thing I never liked about PES 2011-2013.

I have a similar question, actually is there a way to send teammates on runs in 2011-2013?

BTW @RexBanner what patch are you using for PES 2013?

I could be wrong mate, but try pushing R3 button aswell as the direction of the player you want on the right stick.
I haven't played in a while but I think this is it.

EDIT: maybe even L1+R3

Hi bros! Maybe one of you can help me with the following.

I installed a South American patch for PES 2013 called "Icaro Pes Tricolor", and it's great. But there's an issue I'd like to resolve.

The patch itself includes new Argentinean commentary, but the quality isn't the best, but I would like to remove it and go back to the original Spanish (Spain). When you enter the commentary options, the following appears:

Clipboard01.jpg

Anyway if you guys could tell me how to change these commentaries inside the pack itself, that'd be cool. :TU:

Hey bro, try using sweetFX here - https://controlc.com/b91cc2e2 (from pesnewupdate)
Sometimes it actually helps with performance. Also maybe irrelevant but, in kitserver check lodcfg so all are maxed out.

Those screens though, it still amazes me how beautiful PES 2011 is :SHOCK:

@slamsoze A video would be tremendous! I remember from 2010 onwards, every year (especially 2012) I would think "This is nearly perfect, next release will be the one!" .. I would call my mates & tell them "The KING is back bro! try this new PES!" Good times :))

EDIT: most of them would reply " You say the same thing every year bro, shutup!" :LOL:
The only issue I have with most sweetfx, bro is that they make the colors way too vivid, like in my opinion, unrealistically strong..

If I could find a sweetfx for 2013 that made the colors look better, not necessarily stronger but just with better contrasts, shades, more natural looking etc, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
The only issue I have with most sweetfx, bro is that they make the colors way too vivid, like in my opinion, unrealistically strong..

If I could find a sweetfx for 2013 that made the colors look better, not necessarily stronger but just with better contrasts, shades, more natural looking etc, that'd be awesome.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it, but you may be able tweak it in 'sweetFX_settings' or 'sweetFX_preset' text files. There are options like (fake) HDR & stuff but I could never figure it out..

About commentary, I believe it is the dt00_e file in 'img' folder.
Some patches will not replace it but will override it in kitserver.
So you might just be able to delete it if it's in kitserver/img or if patch has its own folder like kitserver/pesJP/img

I tried to find the file itself but could only find installers, which should work anyway.
Should be fine but I suggest backup though i don't want to ruin the patch :LOL:

Smoke has some
https://www.pessmokepatch.com/2014/01/2013coms.html

& here from pesnewupdate (bigger file for spanish, could be better quality)
https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2017/07/pes-2013-additional-language-pack-text-and-commentary.html

So, after playing around with settings (power management, in game settings, level of detail, camera, turf mods, etc), I got PES 2013 to look like this.

I compare a before and after screenshot, what do you guys think? Do you guys see an improvement?

pes2013.jpgpes2013(2).jpg

(@Joga I took a look at the language installers, but unfortunately they didn't change the commentary in my patch. I'll take a look at some options later on. Thanks bro. :) )

I could be wrong mate, but try pushing R3 button aswell as the direction of the player you want on the right stick.
I haven't played in a while but I think this is it.

EDIT: maybe even L1+R3
Worked great in PES 2013.. do you know if it's the same for PES 2011? Thanks bro..

Worked great in PES 2013.. do you know if it's the same for PES 2011? Thanks bro..

Should do so. My bad, H_G ^ ...

Nice screens .. the tweaking & tampering pays off :TU:

I don't know why Pes was fascinated with these 'yellowish' turfs :LOL: The only time I've seen that in real football, is when the grass is completely dried up, out in some sunday league teams potato field.

Well let me see.. From what I can see, the most obvious difference is that PES 2013 has 5 levels of pass assistance, that really makes a lot of difference! (I personally enjoy one bar and two bar assistance in 2013!). I've also seen that PES 2013 has some different and new animations.

Another difference as noted by @H_G is that PES 2013 you can trigger player runs while in PES 2011 you cant.

However, PES 2011 has very solid gameplay as well, even though it has only one pass setting, it is very nice to play. Sometimes it feels like 2013 is more varied, while 2011 is more smooth. I played a second division Spanish league game not too long ago in PES 2011, and it felt smooth as butter! Might be my impression though! :TU:

Back
Top Bottom