The Retro-PES Corner

Ah, ok.. I guess what I'll end up doing is try to edit the Venezuelan teams and make them into Colombian second division teams.. :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi bros, there's something that's annoying me a bit about my PES 6 patch

1635502105277.png1635502289295.png

Millonarios' colors are BLUE, but as you can see, the people in the stands are wearing RED.

I downloaded the PES 6 external editor and changed the team colors to Blue, but nothing changed. The supporters are still wearing the wrong color.

Do you guys know of any way to fix this? Thanks in advance bros. :TU:

Hi guys, I thought i should enrich this retro thread by giving some love to Pes 2010. I managed to find 2 patches from its original season 2009-2010 and i thought i should share its content for anyone who may have missed its magic.

1st Patch - Pesedit 2010 0.6
2nd Patch - Pesedit 2010 3.4 + 3.4.1 Fix

By the way, does anyone know how to apply them? Every time, i install them, i get teams with messed up shirts and crests. I think it only happens to me😅
I would appreciate if someone shared their knowledge on this. Hope you enjoy the patches as well.😄

Does anybody else feel that in PES 2013, there's way too much emphasis on counterattacking in the gameplay?

It just feels like, regardless of the difficulty level, the whole attacking strategy of the CPU is.. counterattack at all times. Little to no buildup play. And even in one's own team, it's like possession football is just not going to work. The game almost forces you to counterattack all the time.

TBH the only reason why I'm playing PES 2013 is because it's the only one of the trilogy (PES 2011,2012,2013) that has a good South American patch with working links......... There are many aspects to this installment which I think aren't as good as PES 2011 or PES 2012.... Maybe there's something else I need to tweak. But the gameplay seems a bit broken to me.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I thought i should enrich this retro thread by giving some love to Pes 2010. I managed to find 2 patches from its original season 2009-2010 and i thought i should share its content for anyone who may have missed its magic.

1st Patch - Pesedit 2010 0.6
2nd Patch - Pesedit 2010 3.4 + 3.4.1 Fix

By the way, does anyone know how to apply them? Every time, i install them, i get teams with messed up shirts and crests. I think it only happens to me😅
I would appreciate if someone shared their knowledge on this. Hope you enjoy the patches as well.😄
https://evoweb.uk/threads/retro-pes-installments.83793/page-4#post-3606338

Try this bro.. Maybe this version uploaded by @Camaldinho will work better for u.

Thanks for your contributions! :TU:

Reactions: Vbo
Unfortunately, PES 2008 didn't work out on my computer, the cutscenes were extremely chopped and sluggish. Is there a way to record videos playing PlayStation 3 in HD?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back with a new format. I'll try to play more games, even retro FIFA.

Unfortunately, PES 2008 didn't work out on my computer, the cutscenes were extremely chopped and sluggish. Is there a way to record videos playing PlayStation 3 in HD?
PES 2008 on PS3 isn't worth your time IMO. It's one of the series' much lesser titles -- good to start with, no question, and it has many loyal fans, but it falls apart quite quickly once you learn its ways, and cricket scores become common (a bit like the all-hallowed PES 2013, but in a less appealing way).

PES 2008 on PS2 and PC is a different game entirely, and so extraordinarily good that many refer to it as PES 7. If there hadn't been that generational shift across to PS3, we would speak now of PES 2008 on PC/PS2 in the same way we speak of PES 5 and PES 6. Is it PCSX2 that isn't working out for you on PC, or the native PC version?

If you have to persist with the PS3 version (and it's worth it for completist reasons!) and want to record footage, you'll need either a camera or phone on a tripod pointed at the screen, or a dedicated capture device of some kind, which were expensive back in the day but can be had for a few pounds these days on Amazon.

Last edited:
PES 2008 on PS2 and PC is a different game entirely, and so extraordinarily good that many refer to it as PES 7. Is it PCSX2 that isn't working out for you on PC, or the native PC version?

The native PC one, but I also found PCSX2 difficult to run with the PS2 PES 2008.

The native PC one, but I also found PCSX2 difficult to run with the PS2 PES 2008.
That's a shame on both fronts, as PES 2008 on those platforms shouldn't be missed out on. Imagine the best bits of PESes 3-6 all in one with an identity of its own to boot. I would say it's worth getting a PS2 for but the amount of fiddling with outputs to TVs required just makes all the faff there not worth it....

It's much better to play with PCSX2 until you get the PS2 iso working on PC. Upscaled to near-PS3 quality, it really is a game you can play as your regular footy game rather than a historical curiosity you're just visiting. PCSX2 runs PES 2008 for PS2 without the slightest hiccup on my rig, but I remember having to tweak a few settings in the PCSX2 app. And I'm not an expert user, so it was a case of tweak the likeliest-looking one(s) until it worked.

Hey guys can I get a copy of pes 2014
For some reason mine doesn't work anymore..just doesn't start on pc anymore
I have no idea why

@Keith Houchen / @Meazza84 - I always thought that PC PES 2008 was the same as the PS3 version, and the choppiness of cut scenes was a software issue because the game is - quite simply - poorly executed!

Capturing PS3 is easy but doing it in good quality less so. The cheap capture cards often won't allow 1080p, only 720p and at 30fps. To get 1080p at 60fps you're talking £100+. Also PS3 gets a bit... wiry as you need a HDMI splitter and additional cable to bypass the HDCP protection.

Can't talk about PC but PES 2008 is choppier than most through PCSX2/RetroArch on my Series S.

Appropriate that we're talking about PS3 PES 2008 this weekend. A harrowing Halloween horror show.

PES 2008 ps2 is one of the version that run on PCSX2 without too much trouble, probably better optimised than some older title. Some frame skipping but less (but enough to annoy me, because there isn't those things on PS2).

The PES 2008 PC i got is similar as the one i gotted on X360... Personnally i don't hate it that much, i replayed all possible game the 10 last days, defending is harder but i retried PES 2010 for example : it's easier to score and get in front of goal, but it's a bit slower and fun to play, like a PES PS2 with some added stuffs.
PES 2009 is probably the worst PES released, too fast and weird to play overally, and defending is inexistant, forget about it. And i can confirm too, PES 2013 is easier to score and the ball is floaty in comparison to PES 2011, but the AI is more dynamic, that's probably why many people here like it.
And i was also surprised about PES 2014, with the last patch and the good way to play with the right stick while running/dribbling. I don't know why, but i didn't feeled that much the input lag, perhaps because i've applied in the past the "no catch-up bug"... Don't know how to remove it to check the difference.

Or i missed something and there's a PS2 like version on PC? I didn't understood your post completely @Keith Houchen , as it's similar. Well, i didn't got it on PS3 but on Xbox 360. PS3 was that badly optimised or the game was, even with the same graphisms, moves etc. a bit different?
If "yes" about a PC version like PS2, i would buy it without hesitation.

But honestly... My favorite will always still WE9/PES5, after retried every version. Even if there's perhaps less special moves or i don't know than PES 6 or PES 2008 PS2. And i really liked PES 6 X360 too, there's few differences, it seems a bit slower than PES 6 PS2, the feeling is different and players models were pretty cool, aswell as faces for that time.

Last edited:
@Keith Houchen / @Meazza84 - I always thought that PC PES 2008 was the same as the PS3 version
Ah I saw the complaint about cut scene choppiness and assumed PS3. I only dimly remember the PC version and believed it was still pegged to the PS2 version. Glad to be wrong about that as it makes the brilliant PS2 version -- the unofficial PES 7 -- even more singular.

I will never forget walking past a HMV in 2007 and getting my first glimpse of PS3 PES2008 showing a cutscene at about 5fps. A sinking feeling.

Or i missed something and there's a PS2 like version on PC? I didn't understood your post completely @Keith Houchen , as it's similar. Well, i didn't got it on PS3 but on Xbox 360. PS3 was that badly optimised or the game was, even with the same graphisms, moves etc. a bit different?
If "yes" about a PC version like PS2, i would buy it without hesitation.
My mistake, I ran away with the choppy cutscene remark from the earlier questions. PC PES2008 is unfortunately on the PS3 side of the family for the era.

Speaking of PS2 versions of PS3 games, if you haven't already tried PES 2014 for PS2 in PCSX2, do so, as it is very slick. All the PS2 games that effectively never existed because we all migrated to PS3/XB360 are worth a look, but PES2014 stands out as the console's swansong.

I already did, there was tons of modes and options i remember, i don't remember exactly but it "seems" that one of the version got their body models changed... Don't know if it was on a PSP version. BTW i got also J-League
A long time ago, but still remember. A bit like the first "fantasista" > "become a legend" was a mode on i don't know which old Winning Eleven. I think it was even before PES 2008, on a J-League version.

Does anybody else feel that in PES 2013, there's way too much emphasis on counterattacking in the gameplay?

It just feels like, regardless of the difficulty level, the whole attacking strategy of the CPU is.. counterattack at all times. Little to no buildup play. And even in one's own team, it's like possession football is just not going to work. The game almost forces you to counterattack all the time.

TBH the only reason why I'm playing PES 2013 is because it's the only one of the trilogy (PES 2011,2012,2013) that has a good South American patch with working links......... There are many aspects to this installment which I think aren't as good as PES 2011 or PES 2012.... Maybe there's something else I need to tweak. But the gameplay seems a bit broken to me.
Yeah, I felt the same when I played PES 2013. Maybe it's more arcade like PES 6, but at least the latter has more variety in the gameplay and how the AI plays.

Do you remember the patch "original season"? not the FLS one, the other out by Fabri.
I know where the O.F. came : it's from Watson O.F., seemed a good O.F. but some players are totally off, like Balzaretti (stats are like a CB when he's i reality more an offensive LB)
So, i want to restore it with using Winning eleven 2007 J-League stats for all player if i'm doing it on PES 6, and WE 10 if i'm doing it with PES 5.
I'm hesitating between the two... PES 6 got less work to do, but 3 teams from scratch in Bundes. And for PES 5, there's some transfers a bit wrong, i need to check about it and also made the calculation from PES 6 to PES 5 regarding balance for each players. I update based on WE10, as it's exactly the same teams.

So in brief : i prefers PES 5 to update but it will took a longer time as i got to check every team, PES 6 will took less long as rosters are based on WE 2007, but i got to create some players. Also will replace PES and WE united by the two teams from WE 2007 J-League Club championship.
I just want original stats. Some are really wrong, like Marchisio too weak for example.
Whatever the game : i will need some help as i want to have the original teams from WE10 (PES 5) or WE2007JL (PES 6)

But whatever : what would you prefers for me to update?
PES 5 with original stats or PES 6 with also original stats (only 3 Bundes created) ?

One important thing : it won't be for now on. When my other PES 2021 project will be 1/3 made at least, to change a bit. I already started btw with 2 teams and took note about players to replace. easy, i'll found a way, just has to take players removed from due to transfers or something like future signing. The issue is that there's a lot of added youth who never played with the A-Team...

Also a question : does the fakes NT removed to free agents appears in ML? If that the case, i understand why Watson added some U23 players, to complete and erase those ones.

Yeah, I felt the same when I played PES 2013. Maybe it's more arcade like PES 6, but at least the latter has more variety in the gameplay and how the AI plays.
I didn't readed the post from @millossobek about PES 2013 but he's totally right. A lot of counter attack and you can always check about midfield fighting.
But old games version were always "better because... It was the old PES, you know" but people have short memory.

PES 2011 if by far better balanced from the 3 version PS2.5, also you feel more inertia/weight when you control a player and shoots/passes too. Even if AI is more simple but structured and there's a bit less animations and new small features here and there.
A much more solid game no doubt. Retry those two, 5 games each other (even less) are enough to see the difference.
Balance ATT/DEF and realism in motion are still the most important stuffs from PES in my opinion. With Reactivity of course : but remember that it depended a lot from "Reaction" stats ;)

So, i want to restore it with using Winning eleven 2007 J-League stats for all player if i'm doing it on PES 6, and WE 10 if i'm doing it with PES 5.
Yes yes! This would be a dream come true.

Actually what I am looking for is a nice Asia patch for PES 5 or PES 6.

I would love to have J-League AND K-League, and other asian leagues playable in ML, preferably the original seasons! Like a completely Asia Leagues centered one, that would be one of my retro PES dreams.. :LOL:

The issue is they all got real faces, and i'm shit about mod : i'm only an old school editor. But if if found someone to extract and assign faces, i would like to do them.

But i didn't planned at all J-League instead of fake league but Germany.
Due to the real faces... It's a good thing, but annoying, i need someone to link them with a Kitserver. Recreating all myself will takes 5 months lol.
I may ask the patch creator or someone else. But no Bundes is a bit sad. I can tolerate it without Eredivisie but Bundesliga...
I'll see later if it's doable. Because it's a LOT of work. If we could add a league, but it's impossible in PES 5/6 :(

I would love to have J-League AND K-League, and other asian leagues playable in ML, preferably the original seasons! Like a completely Asia Leagues centered one, that would be one of my retro PES dreams..
Me too mate, me too. Like WE9 Asia Championship, even Bahrein and some countries were on it, relative to AFC CL. And other Euro teams were faked (fake faces and kits) but didn't participated to ML i think. There was J1, J2, K1 League, and plenty of different teams from East and West Asia on other teams (i think there was 40 teams from all around Asia), all licenced of course. But not the Euro teams (3 from Spain 5 for italy, 5 from England, and teams from others countries as it always been, but all unlicensed and wasn't that much active in ML.
Unlicenced : all teams out from Asia i mean. Not only one or two team like the Portuguese teams in PES 6 or Santos and Palmeiras on... Every PES.

Well i got an option file (or a patch? don't remember) on PS2 version. There's no slowdown practically, totally playable on PCSX2 in english.

@vialli82 Oh ok bro, that's cool. The only thing is when I tried to play PES on PCSX2, it was very laggy and buggy for some reason. It was very tough for me to figure it out hehe..

There's a patch for PC, which looks very cool, called Asian Patch 2006, available here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/asian-patch-2006-wip.82682/
created by bros @boooooooooh and @EMILIANOGALLARDO :TU:

The only thing is that it is not playable in ML, the game crashes when playing ML because of the players' database..

So I am patiently waiting to see if it is playable in ML someday. (This is by far my favorite mode). Because it actually looks like a very nice patch.

@Nassimc95 made a preview video here:

Last edited:
Ah I saw the complaint about cut scene choppiness and assumed PS3. I only dimly remember the PC version and believed it was still pegged to the PS2 version. Glad to be wrong about that as it makes the brilliant PS2 version -- the unofficial PES 7 -- even more singular.

I will never forget walking past a HMV in 2007 and getting my first glimpse of PS3 PES2008 showing a cutscene at about 5fps. A sinking feeling.

Similarly, I will never forget firing it up for the first time with my brand new PS3 and TV and watching the horror unfold in front of my eyes. Had gone to Tesco at midnight to grab a copy as they were putting it on the shelves. Excitement was soon quashed. Bought the PS2 version a few days later and played it for the year before defecting.

Just one thing : all the special skills from the book about PES 2008 PS3/X360/PC works on the PS2 version.
I really, really want to buy a PS3 FAT with a jailbreak.
In fact for 7-8 games first : WE2014 Aoki Samurai that i will edit, PES 2008 as the rosters still acceptable (will check the others versions later until PES 2014), FIFA 11, FIFA 08, and PES 1/WE9FE, PES 2, WE7I and Top Spin 4.

But it's unfoundable. I've heard Sony release some of those PS3 FAT time to time i've read, but where...

Also, i'm fearing the Jailbreak model HEX or CFW doesn't change anything even if that one possess Emotion engine, and will emulate PS2 games whatsoever, even with a FAT version (my biggest fear). Of if the Jailbeak recognise the FAT version and use the Emotion Engine while playing.

I'm not against to buy one without jailbreak and a collection of games. But it's very rare a version without zone issues, the developper version does it with no problem (well Jailbreak permit it too, but i repeat : i don't want emulation on a PS4 Fat if that's possible... If someone got it, tell me if you can just insert the DVD and play without problem)

Similarly, I will never forget firing it up for the first time with my brand new PS3 and TV and watching the horror unfold in front of my eyes. Had gone to Tesco at midnight to grab a copy as they were putting it on the shelves. Excitement was soon quashed. Bought the PS2 version a few days later and played it for the year before defecting.
Not that problem on X360 weirldly. It was very smooth. First PS3 games as the console was hard to manage (I remember that PES 2008 was worked on PC and ported to other consoles from an article, i can be wrong but i'm pretty sure that time)

And X360 games from the PS3 debut were by far better optimised, with better colors (even with YUV...)
Well, YUV signal given pretty good colors or it's X360 but i founded the rendering better than HDMI. Even if you plenty of wired connection 6 cables. Not important, i gotted a Wii too with that for having a way better rendering screen (even on 480p it was pretty good graphically) and if you have a place to hide it and a big screen, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom