The Retro-PES Corner

Does anyone by any chance have standalone Option File with "Original Season" for PES 2012 PC 1.04 DLC 4.0? I recently started rediscovering PES 2010-2013 for a second time but I am having problem with PES 2012 - I extracted OF from PESEdit 2012 Patch, but the game crashes unless I use all files that comes with a patch. Any help?

Does anyone by any chance have standalone Option File with "Original Season" for PES 2012 PC 1.04 DLC 4.0? I recently started rediscovering PES 2010-2013 for a second time but I am having problem with PES 2012 - I extracted OF from PESEdit 2012 Patch, but the game crashes unless I use all files that comes with a patch. Any help?

https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2020/07/pes-2012-peseditcom-2012-patch.html

That's the latest one from PESEDIT 2011-12 season for PES 2012, DLC 4.0 is included in the patch.
I always install version from the original season so (even if i prefers from the start of the season, no other choice since PES 2009 and DLC)

Hey guys, I'm looking for a mod which changes the match sounds in PES 2011 PC version.

You can barely hear the passes and shots, as well as other in-game sound effects. Wondering if any of you guys could point me in the direction of a mod which improves on this. Thanks in advance. :TU:

Here's a pretty nice find which addresses the PES 2011 sound issue!

1654015369501.png

My friend @vialli82 helped me find a screenshot of this tool in which I can reduce only crowd volume in PES 2011, and thus making it different from the pitch sounds!

This tool is called ""Gameplay tool & New Gameplay patch 0.9.9 beta + HOTFIX by Jenkey1002"", and I finally found some workable links!

I am sharing the tool in case anyone needs it. Here is the download link:
https://uptobox.com/tj1vu4tlnm5g (credit goes to PESNEWUPDATE.COM and of course to Jenkey1002).

And the website I got it from: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2020/11/pes-2011-new-gameplay-patch-by-jenkey1002.html

:TU:

Last edited:
I was trying to download to Pesnewsupdate as there's a lot of intersting Retro stuffs to take, but it redirect me everythime to a website "Garut Express".
Looks like an Adfly, but i ain't redirected.
No idea why, i should do something wrong (i'm sure to click where i should, removing some pub and waiting for the countdown etc.), tried with 3 browsers.

Thanks for sharing mate. After replaying, me too seems a bit annoyed. And would like to try the 3 gameplay version of Yair's gameplay. Even if don't like that much the modded versions in terms of gameplay : it always cames with bugs or whatever stuffs they're not aware of. In some terms, even if it's like professionnal (no idea i ain't a dev) : i feel it like it's amateur who try to make the game more sim.

But just a try by curiosity then back to the the normal version (especically for game well balanced like PES 2011)
What matters to me is the others stuffs like Sounds as i'm also want to hear the crowd.

One big thing that there's any mods that may correct it : it's the name over the players. I hate it, it's visual pollution to me. But i want also the bar under with the name, and know who i am controlling or the CPU. Sad there's zero mod like this for PES 2011-14.
And on the 14 especially, the arrows movement is very weird, not "stable". So even with the bar/names under, there's another problem.

Last edited:
I think I might stay with the "Vanilla PES 2011" gameplay for now, I think like you say, it's a very well balanced game and it really doesn't need much of any tinkering! But I'd still like to hear your impressions on the modded Yair gameplay bro, just to see how it goes! With the names over the players issue, I'll try to find a mod that deals with this and will let you know if I find anything!!

With Pesnewupdate, I tried to check it but the links are working fine with no adfly.. Hmmm perhaps in depends on what you're trying to download?

If ever you manage to do some kits lookalike (even without sponsor) or some emblems @ale don't hesitate to share boss i'll be pretty happy just to play with a small but good graphical lookalike on this game :SAL:
I'll try and see if I can come up with some kit lookalikes sooner or later, as this game actually deserves some consideration.
I'm in a retrogaming spree currently though, and trying a game after the other (damn emulators, they shouldn't have been so easy to find, install and run), so I've put it aside for a little.
Currently playing (not in a particular order, but there's one og these that I usually play more than the others, and it happens to be Winning Eleven 8 International):
  • Virtua Striker 2 (1997, Model 3)
    This game is f'n 25 years old, yet it's still glorious and never ceases to amaze me. It's indeed one of the games (along with FIFA and ISS) that made me fall in love with football gaming.
    Still trying to beat it at the hardest level (thank you Supermodel for the service menu) with Portugal first, and then definitely giving it a go with Sweden to see how good's FC Sega away kit was (yes I still remember them: they apparently borrowed their home kit from Manchester United and their away one from Blackburn Rovers I guess, the only difference is that they ain't going to lift any silverware while wearing them 😉).

• World Tour Soccer 2006 (2005, PlayStation 2)
    I know that I should stay away from everything having "soccer" in its name, being European... But well, this would mean doing away with the PES series and I'm not that ready, honestly.
    I think this game is from the This is Football family (it's by London Studio), but apparently it's been released when TIF's glory days were long over. Like Virtua Pro Football it has many teams to choose from, coming from many nations. By no means perfect in terms of what happens to the pitch, still fun though. Not as much as Virtua Pro Football, probably.

• Winning Eleven 8 International (2005, PC)
    My favourite season of all time (thanks to the best AC Milan side I have ever seen playing, despite them not winning anything), combined with one of the most legendary patches ever released (anyone wondering if @TheWolf is involved... Of course he is). Need another reason for trying that game?
    I'm currently trying and finding a good "background" to get a new Master League story going.

• Virtua Striker 3 ver. 2002 (2002, GameCube)
    Yet another attempt at conquering the world with Portugal (as this is how every Virtua Striker game should be played, I add... Or at least the ones featuring Portugal). We also have player names here, horray! So I know it's Pasqual the one I need to congratulate with on yet another wonderful goal and it's Ferreira the one on which I'll have to bla...Oh wait, Ferreira is always right. No way he's getting the blame for something, as long as I'm in charge.
    Unlike the arcade versions of the game, this one has a "career mode", the "Road to the International Cup". Basically you get teleported all the way back to '98 and start from there in order to qualify for the 2002 World Cup (and then, hopefully, win it... This if you don't get Byron Moreno standing in your way of course).

Last edited:
I already renamed teams, but some, even with a suspicious name like "Ostrava" are totally fakes. I checked players counterpart from every teams in Fortuna Liga from 06-07 : not a single player correspond (age, height, weight, name lookalike : nothing).
Those teams are recognisable as they've got 23 players. Considers them as "Teams free to create" (better > teams to forgot and leave like this)

And there's competition/league mode but you won't encounter them i think. They are few, and at least the 2nd colors of fakes teams are okay.
I ain't sure but there's teams with only fakes names for players too only on Others Euro/America, the rest is okay.

That game is fun enough and better than excpected, but no need to waste too much time for some stuffs like on PES.
Players/teams names, Badges are +- the same colors as reals so it's recognisable, perhaps kits for when you play are far than enough.
I'll send my correction tomorrow, like Highbury > Arsenal corrected or Manchester U to UTD etc.

Edit/
Really needs to retry Virtua Striker 2 btw, a bit lazy to install emulator lol, sad it's not on PS2 as i brough a PS2. Dreamcast Emulation got not too much issue compared to PS2.
And i remember that This is Football got a certain success at the time : a lot of people possessed that game at least in Belgium and France. For changing to PES etc. no idea. Gived a try once or two, it make me think of old PS1 football in terms of ball physics very straight.
But never heard of "World Tour Soccer 2006" at all.
Probably because of the "2006", a bit late when i played PES 6 on X360 like Sega's VPF.

Last edited:
Lately I've been playing, among the others, Winning Eleven 6 J-League, finally dedicating it some decent time after a literal lifetime I wanted to. Man, such a jewel it is. I'm doing a J-L with Tokio Verdy and I'm having loads of fun, I started it with no commitment but it quickly turned into a "just another game" situation soon. I've had one truly weird run - did two points in my first 8 matches, lost 6 games on a row - then grab a victory in an extra time game and since then I'm on a no-loss streak of 5 games, just went out of the last two positions drawing my latest match.

Gameplay wise, I find it such a pure expression of the saga - it came out months after We6 and Pes 2 but before WE6FE, there surely was some tinkering compared with the previous two but maybe FE is the more evolved one. Anyway - when you have stats THESE extreme:

the game is a quite different experience compared with the one you have with Euro and National teams.. every game turns into a battle to do a mistake less than the opponent, and the tension when you have to defend the result with your clunky defenders, or when you have to search for a goal with your likewise forwards, is really enjoyable. It's really hard to score screamers and generally nice goals.. but when you do so, the satisfaction doubles. Here is a small example of the typical shoot with these players:

it's a shame the second one cuts out before as the ball did such an extreme curve it came back on the field lol, would have been nice to show you.
It came to my mind for a moment how AFC teams were still more than decent in Pes 14 onwards and I can't help but applaud the courage they had back then to mark this strong line between european football and eastern one.

Only downsize to it all is that in this patch I have, I have some translated stuff here and there (like stat names), but all the rest is japanese.. and while playing and navigating menus isn't diffcult, it's hard to become fond of players when you have no idea how they are named lol. Apparently my two brazilian forwards should be a certain Marquinhos (never knew him before) and the more famous Edmundo "O'Animal".. he had a great season here in Italy in Fiorentina back in the days, but lately he falled hard, and his stats reflect that since except from some good base and shoot technique, he's just plain bad lol.

Anyway.. really love the atmosphere and how it all seems so different. From the two extra times with golden goal you have to play if you draw (if you score you get two points, if it still ends in a draw just one), to the stadium and the various chants and effects they put in; I was playing at Vegalta's home and at a certain points I heard the fans doing some rythm thing with.. plates I think lol? I imagined it really was something the fans of that team did back in the days and stuff like this really helps with immersion. These J-Leagues transpires such a love for football and details that you (or at least I) can truly feel the magic even two decades later.

I've also been playing some Pes 10 and WE8 LE here and there but i've written enough, I'll save it for another time :D.

That's an awesome post bro!! The J-League has long been one of my favorite leagues (along with the K-League)! You're really making me want to check out this edition, lately I've been playing WE9 Asia Championship for PCSX2, which is also a great one!!

Are you playing the straight league, or are you doing an ML? Never tried WE6 but I'll probably give it a shot!! I completely agree what you say about the J-League and the love of football and details my friend, these things really shine through and that's the beauty of these international leagues!! Even two, four decades later, we will pick up these WE editions and revel in all the glory of these editions, that's why they are called timeless classics!! :)

I like that you guys start talking about Virtua Pro Football the same month I get my hands on a copy of the game! :D

I haven't had time to try it until today and - my goodness! - it was both weird and wonderful to experience this for the first time! The presentation, the menus and the editing mode all make the game feel like some kind of distant, second cousin to Pro Evolution Soccer!

One of the things that really surprised me was the inclusion of my favorite Danish team, Brøndby IF - as the only club from Denmark, no less! I'm guessing they were included because they won the Danish championship in the 04/05 season, even if the squad seems to be from 05/06... (which - ironically - marked the beginning of the club's decline. :ANX:)

That said, the fact Brøndby IF is in the game, inspired me to check out the Edit Mode to at least make their kits and emblem look closer to the real deal. As some of you have already pointed out, the game's Edit Mode is quite solid, if a bit limited.

There's generally a lot of interesting options available, but the limitations show in how we can mix and match assets. I couldn't even find an option for painting emblems "by hand", so it seems we are stuck with the shapes and figures that are available by default; interestingly, the list of images does include a brick-lined well very similiar to the one that appears on the emblem for the team in real life. I forgot to take a photo, but the overall result was okay!

I played a handful of games afterwards, with mixed results. On the one hand, the game feels extremely cluncky and a little to frantic (this is something I've also noted about PES games of the time - most of them feel too fast for my taste), but on the other, there's usually something addictive about trying to learn the ways of a new-old game and Virtua Pro Football is no exception.

I also started a Career Mode just to see how it played out. It has some very neat ideas, like giving you control of what your character does each week - Do you want to train or take it easy? Maybe you just want to go out and have some fun with a team mate or the coach? - and this is exactly the kind of rpg-esque experience I would have enjoyed if I had played the game as a kid. These days, though, it seems to move too slowly for my taste. If I had been more taken with the gameplay on the pitch, then maybe... who knows?

@millossobek I'm doing a proper J-League.. also cause there isn't a Master League at all in this title :) , there is indeed just JL instead of that. You also have friendlies, a "simulation" mode I haven't looked through and the classic cups.. I don't think there is a plain league either (or maybe you can have it in the same cup selection options.. haven't checked). I agree WE9 Asia Championship is also a wonderful title I'm planning to play properly sooner or later. There is something so fascinating about those far away leagues.. the mistery, the (sometimes) different rules, cups and competitions, the atmosphere.. and Konami managed to capture it so damn well.

Hello retro gamers . I'm reading this super interesting thread. Someone knows where to find links to easily download the series of pes 2008 to 2011 on pc and ps2. And which emulator do you use?? Merci !!!

@millossobek I'm doing a proper J-League.. also cause there isn't a Master League at all in this title :) , there is indeed just JL instead of that. You also have friendlies, a "simulation" mode I haven't looked through and the classic cups.. I don't think there is a plain league either (or maybe you can have it in the same cup selection options.. haven't checked). I agree WE9 Asia Championship is also a wonderful title I'm planning to play properly sooner or later. There is something so fascinating about those far away leagues.. the mistery, the (sometimes) different rules, cups and competitions, the atmosphere.. and Konami managed to capture it so damn well.

The simulation mode is weird. I remember I put a bet on real life games using results from the simulation in JLWE5, just for a bit of fun. Needless to say, I didn't win!

Hello retro gamers . I'm reading this super interesting thread. Someone knows where to find links to easily download the series of pes 2008 to 2011 on pc and ps2. And which emulator do you use?? Merci !!!
CD Romance will get you your PS2 games, PCSX2 will do your emulation. 🙂

Here's a pretty nice find which addresses the PES 2011 sound issue!

View attachment 163159

My friend @vialli82 helped me find a screenshot of this tool in which I can reduce only crowd volume in PES 2011, and thus making it different from the pitch sounds!

This tool is called ""Gameplay tool & New Gameplay patch 0.9.9 beta + HOTFIX by Jenkey1002"", and I finally found some workable links!

I am sharing the tool in case anyone needs it. Here is the download link:
https://uptobox.com/tj1vu4tlnm5g (credit goes to PESNEWUPDATE.COM and of course to Jenkey1002).

And the website I got it from: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2020/11/pes-2011-new-gameplay-patch-by-jenkey1002.html

:TU:
The crowd audio in 2011 is notoriously bad for some reason, I tried to download Tomssons old chant packs for this game but sadly, like most mod from 10 years ago, were never preserved so, they're lost to time.

And where can I find the Iso with patch?? I remember on ps2 that the patches were put with software but I havent names.
I would like to know which pes or winning eleven you prefer on ps2 ?? And pes 2011 is easily editable on pc ???? I have a pc but not made for games.

And where can I find the Iso with patch?? I remember on ps2 that the patches were put with software but I havent names.
I would like to know which pes or winning eleven you prefer on ps2 ?? And pes 2011 is easily editable on pc ???? I have a pc but not made for games.

I'm not a big fan of patches but this site has loads in one place: http://museudospatches.blogspot.com/?m=1

There's a lot of spam to be overcome in the links, though.

My preference is the Japanese Winning Eleven 7 International. There is a pretty neat patch for it but I can't remember its name! The main screen/cover is silver/blue, if anyone can help.

Do you mean the PS2 or PC version of 2011?

Hey guys, as many of you are fans of the japanese or korean version of old gen pes, i decided to write a tool that can convert the audio files from the commentator and translate them into english and some other language that you want (for example my case its spanish) im still working on this, but the idea its to provide a resultant file of csv with all the data

here there's just a console print of my work (which is only just a few hours)

1654520498740.png

this is the k_sound from we9lek, as you can see it will print the korean speach to text, english translation and spanish translation (this last will be selectable by the user when i start making the gui)

its not perfect and it will of course have a lot of bad translations, since its done with google translation service, which everybody knows its not perfect, but hey its something if someone wants to change the commentators :)

here you can see of what im talking about, some of those audios are the guys talking in english and since i force it to be in korean (to prevent google to confuse the input audio in korean with another language) it will translate just some random sh1t

1654520709932.png

Just wanted to share my little work for those who're interest into this :)

Je ne suis pas un grand fan des patchs mais ce site en a plein en un seul endroit : http://museudospatches.blogspot.com/?m=1

Il y a beaucoup de spam à surmonter dans les liens, cependant.

Ma préférence va au japonais Winning Eleven 7 International. Il y a un joli patch pour ça mais je ne me souviens plus de son nom ! L'écran principal/couverture est argenté/bleu, si quelqu'un peut aider.

Tu veux dire la version PS2 ou PC de 2011 ?
Pes2011 pc and ps2

Hey guys, as many of you are fans of the japanese or korean version of old gen pes, i decided to write a tool that can convert the audio files from the commentator and translate them into english and some other language that you want (for example my case its spanish) im still working on this, but the idea its to provide a resultant file of csv with all the data

here there's just a console print of my work (which is only just a few hours)

View attachment 163644

this is the k_sound from we9lek, as you can see it will print the korean speach to text, english translation and spanish translation (this last will be selectable by the user when i start making the gui)

its not perfect and it will of course have a lot of bad translations, since its done with google translation service, which everybody knows its not perfect, but hey its something if someone wants to change the commentators :)

here you can see of what im talking about, some of those audios are the guys talking in english and since i force it to be in korean (to prevent google to confuse the input audio in korean with another language) it will translate just some random sh1t

View attachment 163645

Just wanted to share my little work for those who're interest into this :)
Looking forward to your work

Wanted to share this we9lek k_sound.afs map, first map ever!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/k_sound-afs-beta-map.85209

it took the tool i made almost... 3:34 hours to translate 18587 files from korean to english and spanish, so far i haven't finish the whole tool with a graphical user interface and all that stuff, but if someone knows just a little bit of python here there's the source code https://github.com/moth1995/PES_AUDIO_TO_TEXT you just need to change the source folder where the wav files are located, then the languages and it should be enough for other languages

Some incredible work @marqisspes6 👏. Bravo.

I wouldn’t know how to use your tool but it is looking like an incredible piece that you have shared with the community.

just out of interest. Where are some of those lines I can see translated used in the game?

Quick question: In PES 6 how much do player positions matter? Does a player who is only a DMF get a stat penalty if he plays CMF?

I wanted to share with you guys my progress on my j league editor for we10... Before sharing this version I'm gonna add the option to make it compatible with j league 2007 to 2010, maybe in few weeks its gonna be finish
It's possible to add stats' colors ?

Excellent work @marqisspes6

As JL2007 i got already all kits done except logos.
For JL2008 there's tons of PES 6 O.F., probably one of them got kits season 07-08 for Spanish League.
Tryed the 2 others, but ain't a fan.
JL2007 and 2008 are probably the very best versions. One is a PES6 debugged and dynamic, the other is PES 2008 perhaps even better.

Just for the two needs to found logos for that league (tried to create one but i got an error "non indexed logo", searched everywhere... No idea, size and all fitted, and followed the instruction to make them in "index format")

Just need to copy from PCSX2 to my PS2, resize etc., or someone else. I'm a bit busy right now. We'll see in time and hour. Nothing hurry at all for old games with a gigantic re-playability like those ones.

Does anyone know how to increase the AFS size for a patch without the game crashing? It keeps crashing on PCSX2 when I try and leave the edit mode.

Back
Top Bottom