The Retro-PES Corner

Yeh it was a really tight game, my brother was Ajax.

So the final is France v Genoa

Here are their routes to the final:

France

Qualifying Round - France 4 v Real Betis 1
Round 1 - Sweden 0 v France 1
Round 2 - France 3 v Liverpool 2 (aet)
Round 3 - Elche 1 v France 2
Round 4 - Real Madrid 0 v France 1
Quarter Final - France 1 v Atletico Madrid 0
Semi Final - Portugal 1 v France 2

Genoa

Qualifying Round - Bye
Round 1 - Genoa 3 v Osasuna 2
Round 2 - Genoa 2 v USA 2 (5-4 pens)
Round 3 - Sheff Utd 0 v Genoa 1
Round 4 - Genoa 2 v Stade De Reims 0
Quarter Final - Bologna 0 v Genoa 2
Semi Final - Genoa 1 v Ajax 0

So you can see that Genoa have had an easier ride to the final.

The best matches were France v Liverpool and Genoa v USA, it really looked like Genoa were going out :D

Just click on the matches and it will take you to the brief highlights. ;)

I will upload the final either today or tomorrow.
Come on man I want to see the final lol

Here you go, just for you! :LOL:

Just watched it.

The unchallenged header made it easy for Ekuban. Of course you still have to finish and headers are never easy in PES.

That Picolli goal was mischievous with the last second curl. A cracker.

Nice bit of play from France in the 65th with the back heel but ultimately they looked like they were lacking the desire to win….. until Benzema got a present 😂

Genoa looked like they could go up several gears and France looked like they were playing at their limit.

There’s not a better game experience than playing PES on a couch with a friend or in your case your brother. I miss those days. No one I know in real life plays PES on PS2 and online gaming doesn’t really compare, so you’re lucky you’ve got your brother playing with you.

Just watched it.

The unchallenged header made it easy for Ekuban. Of course you still have to finish and headers are never easy in PES.

That Picolli goal was mischievous with the last second curl. A cracker.

Nice bit of play from France in the 65th with the back heel but ultimately they looked like they were lacking the desire to win….. until Benzema got a present 😂

Genoa looked like they could go up several gears and France looked like they were playing at their limit.

There’s not a better game experience than playing PES on a couch with a friend or in your case your brother. I miss those days. No one I know in real life plays PES on PS2 and online gaming doesn’t really compare, so you’re lucky you’ve got your brother playing with you.

Yeh that Picolli goal was a stunner and I think it is good that it turned out to be the match winner.

Like you said that Benzema goal was a bit of a gift. Interesting that Genoa won, they were pure underdogs, I could be wrong but I think in those 3 years that we played that cup they actually got relegated in real life and then got promoted again.

I think we are pretty lucky because like you said it is difficult to find any local friends that still play retro PES. Thankfully my brother is 10 years older than me and has no interest in getting a new console, in fact he only plays PES with me and doesn't play on his own.

What makes it better is that we are just as good (or as bad) as each other. Here are the stats from that cup:

GARY (me) - 97 Wins (14 pens) / 238 Goals
ANDREW - 89 Wins (16 pens) / 207 Goals

Not bad over the course of 186 matches. That is only a 4 game swing.

He is a bit old school and doesn't really understand the fact that I edit the option file every year to keep it up to date. If i told him how much time I spend editing I know that he would laugh at me and say I was mad (being my older brother). I suggested to him the other day that we could play a cup with some of the classic teams (using the option files made on here) but he said he prefers it being up to date with all the new players :LOL:

Anyway, that cup was actually finished in January and we have already started the 24-26 LAC Cup :D

Yeh that Picolli goal was a stunner and I think it is good that it turned out to be the match winner.

Like you said that Benzema goal was a bit of a gift. Interesting that Genoa won, they were pure underdogs, I could be wrong but I think in those 3 years that we played that cup they actually got relegated in real life and then got promoted again.

I think we are pretty lucky because like you said it is difficult to find any local friends that still play retro PES. Thankfully my brother is 10 years older than me and has no interest in getting a new console, in fact he only plays PES with me and doesn't play on his own.

What makes it better is that we are just as good (or as bad) as each other. Here are the stats from that cup:

GARY (me) - 97 Wins (14 pens) / 238 Goals
ANDREW - 89 Wins (16 pens) / 207 Goals

Not bad over the course of 186 matches. That is only a 4 game swing.

He is a bit old school and doesn't really understand the fact that I edit the option file every year to keep it up to date. If i told him how much time I spend editing I know that he would laugh at me and say I was mad (being my older brother). I suggested to him the other day that we could play a cup with some of the classic teams (using the option files made on here) but he said he prefers it being up to date with all the new players :LOL:

Anyway, that cup was actually finished in January and we have already started the 24-26 LAC Cup :D

Pretty close then with the amount of games you two play.
Well now I know why you continue to update the game lol

Casually playing BAL in PES 2013. 1st season in Eredivisie with RKC Waalwijk (the game randomly selected it).

Just out of curiosity I went on transfers to see what was going around the World and I found out this betrayal.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 04_09_2024 19_29_21.png

Now Barca is THE SuperTeam, but somehow in their Starting XI they decide to go with Afellay instead of Neymar (and Pique as RWB instead of a CB).

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 04_09_2024 19_30_33.pngPro Evolution Soccer 2013 04_09_2024 19_30_09.png

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please on what ‘system’ to use to name the football teams in my new file?

For example is it Manchester City or Man City, Tottenham or Tottenham Hotspur. In the French ligue is it Stade Brestois 29 or just Brest? Is Brest seen as Spurs for Tottenham? Another one, is it Internationale or Inter or Inter Milan, AC Milan or Milan?

I hope you get the point I am trying to make. :D

In my last file I kept it really short and simple like Wolves instead of Wolverhampton Wanderers and PSG instead of Paris St. Germain.

What ‘system’ do you patch makers and option files makers use and is it consistent?

I was thinking of using the same names that footballsquads use to keep it consistent.

It may seem a simple thing but every time I start a new file it always crosses my mind.

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please on what ‘system’ to use to name the football teams in my new file?

For example is it Manchester City or Man City, Tottenham or Tottenham Hotspur. In the French ligue is it Stade Brestois 29 or just Brest? Is Brest seen as Spurs for Tottenham? Another one, is it Internationale or Inter or Inter Milan, AC Milan or Milan?

In my last file I kept it really short and simple like Wolves instead of Wolverhampton Wanderers and PSG instead of Paris St. Germain.

What ‘system’ do you patch makers and option files makers use and is it consistent?

I was thinking of using the same names that footballsquads use to keep it consistent.

It may seem a simple thing but every time I start a new file it always crosses my mind.

I always try to keep it as official as space permits. So Tottenham Hotspur instead of just Tottenham or Spurs. And Internazionale instead of Inter Milan.

Casually playing BAL in PES 2013. 1st season in Eredivisie with RKC Waalwijk (the game randomly selected it).

Just out of curiosity I went on transfers to see what was going around the World and I found out this betrayal.

View attachment 300241

Now Barca is THE SuperTeam, but somehow in their Starting XI they decide to go with Afellay instead of Neymar (and Pique as RWB instead of a CB).

That's why I always play PES 13 with low transfer settings on.

I always try to keep it as official as space permits. So Tottenham Hotspur instead of just Tottenham or Spurs. And Internazionale instead of Inter Milan.

Thanks for sharing Billy, that’s a good way of thinking.

But then i am also thinking, for me Inter Milan is what I am more used to compared to Internazionale. I remember years ago when I first saw that name and I didn't know who they were.

The same way that I prefer Bayern Munich rather than Bayern München. But maybe that is the narrow minded Englishman in me :LOL:

Also another one is AFC Bournemouth when to me Bournemouth is better. Or FC Porto or just Porto.

Is there even a correct way?

Also, it really bugs me why FIFA write Spurs rather than Tottenham when there are far longer team names that they use.

This reminded me that around 2002-04 Barcelona was actually very interested in singnig HIM, but they were even more interested in signing Ricardo Quaresma (wich they ended up doing, bit it did not develop well), because it was a better prospect than CR7 in those times.

This is a great mini-documental about Quaresma that showcases a bit about that situation:

Thanks for sharing Billy, that’s a good way of thinking.

But then i am also thinking, for me Inter Milan is what I am more used to compared to Internazionale. I remember years ago when I first saw that name and I didn't know who they were.

The same way that I prefer Bayern Munich rather than Bayern München. But maybe that is the narrow minded Englishman in me :LOL:

Also another one is AFC Bournemouth when to me Bournemouth is better. Or FC Porto or just Porto.

Also, it really bugs me why FIFA write Spurs rather than Tottenham when there are far longer team names that they use.
Best is to go with what you are happy with. I agree about Bayern Munich as well so I guess I’m not 100% accurate either.

Hi everyone,

That's a great question. In my opinion, I'd prefer the "straightforward" name, like Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers (without the AFC or FC) 😅. I keep the nickname (like Spurs) for when I'm talking with my friends who wouldn't understand me when I'm twisting my tongue trying to pronounce Tottenham Hotspur with a british accent instead of my north african accent 😅😅

For the French teams, I always thought it's a preference to call the teams by their city name, like Sochaux instead of Sochaux-Montbeliard or the full FC Sochaux-Montbeliard. Or, there is that team called La Berrichonne de Chateauroux, I have never heard someone or the commentators say the full name, they instead simply go with Chateauroux. But sometimes it gets confusing when they refer to Bordeaux as Girondains de Bordeaux or Les Girondains 😅.

It would be even more confusing in the case of Borussia Mönchengladbach, would you call it by this name, or Borussia M'Gladbach, or BMG, or Gladbach 😂.

Or the team I support in my country, it goes by the Arabic translation of Association Sportive des Forces Armées Royales, and it's like a taboo to casually call them that, so we just refer to them as Ljish Lmalaki (Royal Army) or by the French term Les FAR. What I can confirm wrong is the use of the city after the name, in some cases you can find the team called FAR Rabat, that is totally wrong!
All in all, my final answer is there is no correct way, at least to me. As long as it doesn't become condensed in the scoreboard, you're good 😅

Hi everyone,

I can't remember what I did back in the day, but more recently I've done the names as they appear in the stadiums/locations list on the league's Wikipedia page.

View attachment 300241

I think it was PES 11 where, in a become a legend save, I watched as Chelsea signed Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, and a few other top stars. Their lineup was insane.

That's a great question. In my opinion, I'd prefer the "straightforward" name, like Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers (without the AFC or FC) 😅. I keep the nickname (like Spurs) for when I'm talking with my friends who wouldn't understand me when I'm twisting my tongue trying to pronounce Tottenham Hotspur with a british accent instead of my north african accent 😅😅

For the French teams, I always thought it's a preference to call the teams by their city name, like Sochaux instead of Sochaux-Montbeliard or the full FC Sochaux-Montbeliard. Or, there is that team called La Berrichonne de Chateauroux, I have never heard someone or the commentators say the full name, they instead simply go with Chateauroux. But sometimes it gets confusing when they refer to Bordeaux as Girondains de Bordeaux or Les Girondains 😅.

It would be even more confusing in the case of Borussia Mönchengladbach, would you call it by this name, or Borussia M'Gladbach, or BMG, or Gladbach 😂.

Or the team I support in my country, it goes by the Arabic translation of Association Sportive des Forces Armées Royales, and it's like a taboo to casually call them that, so we just refer to them as Ljish Lmalaki (Royal Army) or by the French term Les FAR. What I can confirm wrong is the use of the city after the name, in some cases you can find the team called FAR Rabat, that is totally wrong!

All in all, my final answer is there is no correct way, at least to me. As long as it doesn't become condensed in the scoreboard, you're good 😅

Some of those names are a bit of a mouthful :D

I was reading that the reason Bournemouth added AFC to the front of their name was so that they would be at the top of the list in the league alphabetically. :LOL:

I can't remember what I did back in the day, but more recently I've done the names as they appear in the stadiums/locations list on the league's Wikipedia page.

I think when I did my last file I went to Wikipedia but took the name that they said they are “commonly known as…”

🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 View attachment 167907🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

After some delays due to bug fixing the option file, here is J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship fully patched and translated into English.
Originally released in Japan on August 2nd 2007 as a PlayStation 2 exclusive - JLWE2007CC represents in some ways a Final Evolution version of PES 6 with gameplay being a mixture of PES 6 and PES 2008 (which was released only a couple of months after). The game is also the first one in the series to offer a Fantasista or Become a Legend mode.

Download link:

https://sharemods.com/ots8susrarbj/J.League_Winning_Eleven_2007_Club_Championship.zip.html

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Japanese into English. I took the base of Fernando's v1.5 English translation and added further English translated text to hundreds of untranslated strings. This was done with a combination of Google and Apple translation apps. Please note due to the nature of the computational translation software, there may be some sentences that do not make grammatical or contextual sense, and in some instances text may appear outside of their respective boxes due to word count and text size not being fully observed due to translating from Japanese to English, but for the most part you will be able to understand and read the text fine. Huge props to Fernando as this must have taken ages back in the day without these kinds of apps.
  • Imported club emblems, league and competition logos, balls, adboards, textures, banners, scoreboards and turf from an assortment of different patches including from the following teams: Wendetta, Brazukas and WE11 teams.
  • Additional sound files e.g. UEFA Champions League theme for competitions and PES 3 highlight theme for replay playback.
  • Option file kits based on @vialli82 and Wendetta option file, further updated with improvements and assignments as well as brand sponsors - Please note kits may not be 100% accurate due to logo import restrictions and other factors.
I want to give thanks to the following people:

@fernando - for his amazing translation that was used as a base and for all his hard work in previous patches over the last 20 years.
@vialli82 - for his fantastic option file that he worked on and improved and for his importing of faces and testing.
@marqisspes6 - for helping to support us with the development of an Option File editor for the J.League versions of Winning Eleven.
@morodolarama1 - for helping me by providing a partial AFS map for the game.
@Shales - for his support and providing downloads for a large number of previous titles.
@kerim - for offering to help link kits.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying '4 widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
Hi @BillyKong
could you please share this again? The download link is no longer valid.
Thanks a lot.

2010 :

2009 (Not my work) :

Use this to extract the pkg -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/5fprhrjyxt3uzng/PS4PKGViewer.v1.5-LMAN.zip/

I'm not sure when I'll be able to release my own JLWE2009 English translation since I'm completely burned out at the moment.
Thank you so much mate!
Just a question: 2009 version seems to be not patched. Do you know if an option file or a patch exists to apply on it?

Last edited:
So I thought I'd simply add the 24-25 Scottish Premiership to @gourcuff72's 23-24 PES6 OF.

And then I thought: no, I'll update the other teams too.

And then I thought: actually, I'll choose different teams for the other leagues.

And then I thought: I might as well do the kits too.

I'm sure it'll be worth it, as I'll get the Master League/Career Mode with Aberdeen than eFootball/FC25 can't provide.

But fucking hell, doing kits is awful. Remembered why I didn't bother with them in my OFs back in the day, or got someone else to do them. So tedious!

I used to play PES games on my PS2 back in the days. Just the unpatched original games, and some quick editing in game. It was so good that I still love it now, more than 20 years later. And thanks to this community I heard about the many patches and also discovered some games I didn't know before like the Winning Eleven games, PS2 version of PES 2008 and others. My favorite is still PES 5, scoring feels better to me than in any other game, games can be anything from a boring 0-0 to a wild 4-3 at any time, and shooting just feels great, especially from free kicks. And the database of the original game includes some of best free kick takers ever like Mihajlovic, Juninho or Beckham. With PES5 original season patch it's the ultimate classic PES experience.

I made a video with goals and highlights of different games, some patches, some original game and some just with an edited option file. Games include PES 5, WE9LE, PES 2011, WE10 and more. In the second part of the video many free kick goals are included. The goal by Rooney reminded a bit of Baggio goal for Brescia against Juve (with assist by Pirlo). The free kick I liked the most was the one by Kolarov in Man City vs Tottenham with PES 5 option file for pes 5 by @geeeeee (amazing work, I recommend checking his collection of pes 5 option files). In WE10 I scored from a corner kick for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom