The Retro-PES Corner

Patches usually have more quality, I perfectly understand why the majority will prefer them. It's just that modern highly detailed faces usually turns me away from feeling like I'm just playing a game and more into feeling like a real life simulation, and this makes it harder for me to suspend my disbelief about the unrealistic nature of the gameplay. It's one of the reasons why I don't like modern football games.

Patches usually have more quality, I perfectly understand why the majority will prefer them. It's just that modern highly detailed faces usually turns me away from feeling like I'm just playing a game and more into feeling like a real life simulation, and this makes it harder for me to suspend my disbelief about the unrealistic nature of the gameplay. It's one of the reasons why I don't like modern football games.
Depends on the patch. There’s some terrible patches and then there’s some patches that are amazing. Generally I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to PES so gameplay always comes first for me (which usually means unaltered original gameplay) and then visuals second. Modern football games always feel like they’re missing that tangible indescribable quality and feeling you get from the best retro football games. On paper the newer the game the better it should be, especially after these major developers having years and years to perfect their craft but it’s never the case. I don’t really know what it is but they’re missing it lol

I have been playing PES 2015 ML on superstar and what a sadistic game lol the CPU has every advantage you can imagine you rarely get a free kick and your passing on 1 bar is erratic and even more extremely difficult with a Serie B team as it should be. Since being tired of playing pes 2021 and looking for a game to get me immersed 2015 really has done the job though along with it being a real challenge vs the AI and im actually enjoying how brutal it is.

I finished 12th in Serie B in my first season with Pescara and in the summer I had a plan of what I was missing and everything I wanted to improve with my new signings worked like my new DMF Cameroon player Loe who has been an absolute rock after the first season with the lightweight ageing Pazienza who couldn't win a header or play a decent pass. Also signed was young Barcelona B striker Dongou who has enough pace to still be useful while I develop him in training. We find ourselves 8th and in the playoffs with 4 games to go this season and had a cup run to the QF where Fiorentina destroyed us 6-1 on agg

I would never claim the AI on 2015 is as dynamic as 2021 but there are things that I have been missing like the fact teams will dominate possession against me (Frosinone 74% of the ball in our 1-1 draw) the skill moves where the AI will skin 2 or 3 of my players especially if I jump in and the goalkeeper being an absolute mixed bag of world class and useless from game to game so you never feel quite sure with your finishing where to put it. You almost know the routines in 2021 but 2015 really catches you out where you think ahh this is a goal and then something totally unexpected happens.

Maybe once I finally step up into Serie A the game will fall apart with higher rated players but right now its perfect for my skill level where every game is a real battle. PES 2015 is really the grandfather of all subsequent games until 2021 and I struggle to understand why they removed so many of its good aspects

some useful random tips for anyone playing it

save your game then jump in and out to change the match weather from night/day/rain the stadium background will let you know whats been selected

when the AI pass it around their own half for too long which can be annoying use the D pad to drop you defensive line and 9 times out of 10 they will pass forward again

Last edited:
Use Cheat Engine, open the process of PCSX2 that's currently running, and find these bytes.

JLWE9 = 39 00 00 00 4A 00 00 00 4B 00 00 00 56 00 00 00 57 00 00 00 63 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 6E 00 00 00 6F 00 00 00
JLWE10 & JLWE2007 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 1E 00 00 00 1F 00 00 00
JLWE2008 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 21 00 00 00
JLWE2009 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 23 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
JLWE2010 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 25 00 00 00
PES6/WE10 & Everything else up to PES 2014 = 00 00 00 00 13 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 1F 00 00 00 20 00 00 00

You'll have to figure out everything by yourself afterwards.

Here are some examples :
JLWE9
View attachment 279881
View attachment 279882
JLWE10
View attachment 279883
View attachment 279884
*Rawore and Canuch works but you can't modify them with edit mode.

In most cases you'll need to find the bytes above twice.
To make the changes permanent you'll need to hex edit the SLPM_661.69 (JLWE9, on other game it will be with different game id.) and the over.afs file inside your iso.

Note : Most of the teams do not work and it's mostly useful for making the Become a Legend/Fantasista teams to be playable. (JLWE9 is an exception.)
how did you make the teams appear in the exhibition match mode? i made something bad and now they are only playable in Cup/League mode, and in Cup/League mode i accidentally obliterated the Arab teams league

@saintric , I'm in the process of finishing an OF I started years ago for that game (PS3 release).

I'm currently playing on the PC with my own OF and it's worth it especially playing around with tactics to improve the game because it works

In my option file for a few teams I gave them a different style of play in custom formation like if they play short passing in offensive formation and defensive I would set custom to long ball this way teams will be more varied in play and keep you guessing

I also used a PC tool to give every winger and full back the Early cross card so the AI put more crosses in it definitely improved the amount of crosses by an estimated 25% for me

Klashmans tactics blog is still around and has 2015 formations on there if you haven't already looked

https://klashman69.blogspot.com/p/tactics.html?m=1

@saintric Hey man, what match duration are you playing in PES 2015? I've settled for 13 minutes as it is long enough to have "somewhat" realistic ML simulated scores, I wish I could play longer though but then the sim scores blow up. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
@saintric Hey man, what match duration are you playing in PES 2015? I've settled for 13 minutes as it is long enough to have "somewhat" realistic ML simulated scores, I wish I could play longer though but then the sim scores blow up. Thanks. :)

I only play 10 minutes for me that's the best for realistic scores in simulated scores and me vs the AI. The league table looks pretty realistic for me although might be too short for some people

i ve never heard good things about pes 2015... ever, weird that people are playing this again

With no new PES games being released (except that abomination efootball pay as you go game) playing 2021 can get a bit boring so I went back to play the older fox engine games and just appreciate the things they do differently and the flaws bother me less these days

2015 with some adjustments is enjoyable and I love the difficulty

I only play 10 minutes for me that's the best for realistic scores in simulated scores and me vs the AI. The league table looks pretty realistic for me although might be too short for some people

With no new PES games being released (except that abomination efootball pay as you go game) playing 2021 can get a bit boring so I went back to play the older fox engine games and just appreciate the things they do differently and the flaws bother me less these days

2015 with some adjustments is enjoyable and I love the difficulty
what do u adjust? in 15?

what do u adjust? in 15?

I use gameplay by jenkey exe along with Klashmans tactics and a custom option file changes to make sure the AI uses the trait cards correctly

think of it as like an older more basic version of PES 2017 I guess thats the closest comparison I can make. Although the modern games do everything a lot better in most areas they sort of filtered out the random moments over the years. I really loved that about the old PES games you would see some wild unexpected stuff happen

I find this still happens in 2015 especially during a ML season and it's keeping me playing game after game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom