The Retro-PES Corner

is it possible for someone to link me to an option file for pes 5 on the original xbox please? I've searched and i'm not having much luck

I used to play PES games on my PS2 back in the days. Just the unpatched original games, and some quick editing in game. It was so good that I still love it now, more than 20 years later. And thanks to this community I heard about the many patches and also discovered some games I didn't know before like the Winning Eleven games, PS2 version of PES 2008 and others. My favorite is still PES 5, scoring feels better to me than in any other game, games can be anything from a boring 0-0 to a wild 4-3 at any time, and shooting just feels great, especially from free kicks. And the database of the original game includes some of best free kick takers ever like Mihajlovic, Juninho or Beckham. With PES5 original season patch it's the ultimate classic PES experience.

I made a video with goals and highlights of different games, some patches, some original game and some just with an edited option file. Games include PES 5, WE9LE, PES 2011, WE10 and more. In the second part of the video many free kick goals are included. The goal by Rooney reminded a bit of Baggio goal for Brescia against Juve (with assist by Pirlo). The free kick I liked the most was the one by Kolarov in Man City vs Tottenham with PES 5 option file for pes 5 by @geeeeee (amazing work, I recommend checking his collection of pes 5 option files). In WE10 I scored from a corner kick for the first time.

Thanks for the mention @Fenomeno9 and I am pleased that you like them. Good video too :)

If anyone is interested here is a link to my PES5 Option Files.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/my-old-pes5-we9le-option-files-in-one-place.85044/

I used to play PES games on my PS2 back in the days. Just the unpatched original games, and some quick editing in game. It was so good that I still love it now, more than 20 years later. And thanks to this community I heard about the many patches and also discovered some games I didn't know before like the Winning Eleven games, PS2 version of PES 2008 and others. My favorite is still PES 5, scoring feels better to me than in any other game, games can be anything from a boring 0-0 to a wild 4-3 at any time, and shooting just feels great, especially from free kicks. And the database of the original game includes some of best free kick takers ever like Mihajlovic, Juninho or Beckham. With PES5 original season patch it's the ultimate classic PES experience.

I made a video with goals and highlights of different games, some patches, some original game and some just with an edited option file. Games include PES 5, WE9LE, PES 2011, WE10 and more. In the second part of the video many free kick goals are included. The goal by Rooney reminded a bit of Baggio goal for Brescia against Juve (with assist by Pirlo). The free kick I liked the most was the one by Kolarov in Man City vs Tottenham with PES 5 option file for pes 5 by @geeeeee (amazing work, I recommend checking his collection of pes 5 option files). In WE10 I scored from a corner kick for the first time.

Did you play the PS2 games with the emulator? If so, how did you set up the screen?

I remember the good old days we used to play a world cup with the multi taps and team up in groups of 3 on pes 6 . There were some epic games played

I miss so much PS1/PS2 multiplayer moments.. Yesterday we took a pizza then go on couch togheter try to win a meaningless fake worldcup,while saying a lot of bullshits...nothing to unlock or unpack. Just the pure desire of play and have fun.
these moments are magic. Online multiplayer have a lot of possibility, but left a big hole in our gamers life,in my opinion.

Thanks for the mention @Fenomeno9 and I am pleased that you like them. Good video too :)

If anyone is interested here is a link to my PES5 Option Files.

@geeeeee do you have a link to your 2011-12 option file? PSD unmodified stats if possible, I could only find the one as old as 2012-13,
And do you have the unmodified PSD stats version for your 2012-13 aswell?

Thank you for creating these files, they all have very accurate squads from those times and are very fun for the master league with the tactics and the many second division teams, your stats formula is also very ingenious and with it the pace of the game is more fluid and slower while still being difficult like i think it's what you intended, best regards.

The free kick style number 4 showcased in this video is definetly the most classy/elegant of all the options in the game, together with the beckham style (style number 5)

Last edited:
Did you play the PS2 games with the emulator? If so, how did you set up the screen?
I play on pcsx2 emulator, I can't remember settings now. But most of the time I play the PC versions of the games, and there I write in kload my screen resolution 1920x1080 and internal resolution to 3840×2160

I play on pcsx2 emulator, I can't remember settings now. But most of the time I play the PC versions of the games, and there I write in kload my screen resolution 1920x1080 and internal resolution to 3840×2160
For PC no problem...In the pcsx2 emulator I wanted to know how you had set the screen

Hi @benga0800 I just checked on the thread and it doesnt look like i finished the 2011/12 season. It looks like i updated it to the 2012/13 season, sorry about that.
That's okay, thank you for everything mate.
Also to get the unadjusted stats you will have to download the adjusted file and apply the reverse of this…

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-ps2-better-gameplay-2011-2012.66169/post-2611201
Oh i see, thinking about it more, thank you for using integer value changes instead of exponential ones ahah! :SAL:

Speaking of Gee's OFs, I've recently been looking all over the web for option files (not patches) for retro PES games (anything from PES 1 to 2013), as I've grown quite bored of the usual patch with "highly HD faces" and etc. I know its weird, but I very much prefer when players are created using the game's editor mode, as this makes it more consistent (no player with ultra hd face next to an low quality one) and its way easier for me to suspense my disbelief and have fun.

I've recently found this PES 2013 OF and it looks awesome, can't wait to try it out sometime. I would be very much grateful if any of you could share with me similar OFs for this and other PES.

I've collecting such option files in my google drive folder, maybe this will help others.

Speaking of Gee's OFs, I've recently been looking all over the web for option files (not patches) for retro PES games (anything from PES 1 to 2013), as I've grown quite bored of the usual patch with "highly HD faces" and etc. I know its weird, but I very much prefer when players are created using the game's editor mode, as this makes it more consistent (no player with ultra hd face next to an low quality one) and its way easier for me to suspense my disbelief and have fun.

I've recently found this PES 2013 OF and it looks awesome, can't wait to try it out sometime. I would be very much grateful if any of you could share with me similar OFs for this and other PES.

I've collecting such option files in my google drive folder, maybe this will help others.
I also prefer OF than actual patch too.
I only create OF for vanilla games. Check my signature if you are interested by some.

Hi @benga0800 I just checked on the thread and it doesnt look like i finished the 2011/12 season. It looks like i updated it to the 2012/13 season, sorry about that.

Also to get the unadjusted stats you will have to download the adjusted file and apply the reverse of this…

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-ps2-better-gameplay-2011-2012.66169/post-2611201
@geeeeee
sorry for the stupid question..but how do I reach the option file section (like your link)?
I'm asking because I can't see it on the main page of the forum
https://evoweb.uk/forums/option-files.15/
This is the section I would like to view

This is how the main page of the forum appears to me, to which the option files section I cannot access and that i cant see
https://evoweb.uk/

@geeeeee
sorry for the stupid question..but how do I reach the option file section (like your link)?
I'm asking because I can't see it on the main page of the forum
https://evoweb.uk/forums/option-files.15/
This is the section I would like to view

This is how the main page of the forum appears to me, to which the option files section I cannot access and that i cant see
https://evoweb.uk/

Here you go @maruni74

I would ignore the first one as that is a bit of a wild goose chase and I never finished it :LOL:

Any problems let me know :)

Ok Thanks..a lot....but anyway just to understand how do I enter the file options section of the forum?

1. Home or Forums (they both lead to the main page)
  2. The Editing Forum (under PES/WE Editing Section)
  3. Then choose what game you want the option file for, for example...
  4. PES2008 / WE2008 (under Older Titles)
  5. PS2 WE 2008 Juventino OF
Enjoy! :)

PS Admittedly you still might have to do a bit of searching, it really helps when people tag it as 'Option File' ;)

1. Home or Forums (they both lead to the main page)
  2. The Editing Forum (under PES/WE Editing Section)
  3. Then choose what game you want the option file for, for example...
  4. PES2008 / WE2008 (under Older Titles)
  5. PS2 WE 2008 Juventino OF
Enjoy! :)

PS Admittedly you still might have to do a bit of searching, it really helps when people tag it as 'Option File' ;)
Eh ok...This is what I do ok? But if you look at the link you posted about your options file...going back there is the option files section

Can someone send me the widescreen patches for J. League Winning eleven 2007 and 2010 CC? I even have some files here, but they are not working. Thanks
Here: :D

Attachments

• J-League Winning Eleven 2007 - Club Championship.rar
    476 bytes · Views: 4
  • J-League Winning Eleven 2010 - Club Championship.rar
    476 bytes · Views: 4
Hello friends.
Well, the question of using a patch or OF is quite complex. Because it depends on the quality of the patch and how much your team prioritized it.
I usually prefer to preserve the original game season. For example, for PES 2013 the best patch is PESEdit 6.0.

Honestly, I don't see any point in trying to transform old versions into current ones. It completely loses the essence of the criteria for the squads, overall, AI (which will shape the signings and tables), as well as the narration/callnames.

Besides, there are aberrations...
See this example, among the "current" OF shared by lucaskyzer Vs Patch.
1.png

2.png
I mean.
The rosters are messy, with the wrong (corner, foul long, curt, penalty) captains, etc. There are countless problems that I have always encountered.
That is why I personally prefer patches or even OF, which preserve the original identity. It gives me more immersion, balance, coherence, nostalgia. lol

Remember.
It is just my opinion. Because, from what I have seen, little is said about this question.

Last edited:
I want help. When i edit Pes 2013 using Pes Editor 2013 i want to delete a national team kit to edit it, but when i am done editing it, for some reason when i enter game plan of that country it crashes for some reason. When i edit a club teams kit and enter the game plan, it works just fine. Why?

Back
Top Bottom