The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

It's alright if you live in the middle of nowhere and don't have to work.
To be fair - if we get snow like this in UK or Ireland - no one goes to work..
Last time we had it in 2018 - our village was cut off from the rest of the world for a week. :LOL:

Schoolboy error not throwing in eggstinct there.

@rockstrongo

Those temperatures remind me of Canada. Where the wind chill can fuck right off thank you very much!
Thing is ,and spoke to Marty earlier today ,that the cold I have down at the very south with -1 (but high humidity and the fucking North sea outside my door) is probably worse ,just like you can have down there and him on Ireland.
That cold Vs a crisp dry cold is worse (to a certain degree ofc)

Thing is ,and spoke to Marty earlier today ,that the cold I have down at the very south with -1 (but high humidity and the fucking North sea outside my door) is probably worse ,just like you can have down there and him on Ireland.
That cold Vs a crisp dry cold is worse (to a certain degree ofc)

Yeah I agree. That's why I said about the wind chill factor. It could be -10 or so and as long as you were dressed ok it didn't really feel that cold but as soon as there was a wind it could feel 10/20 degrees colder depending how strong it was. I imagine you have that blowing in off the North Sea a lot.

Yeah I agree. That's why I said about the wind chill factor. It could be -10 or so and as long as you were dressed ok it didn't really feel that cold but as soon as there was a wind it could feel 10/20 degrees colder depending how strong it was. I imagine you have that blowing in off the North Sea a lot.
It gets chilly as hell with that cold wind and damp sea air.
Prefer that cold they have up north.
Winter/autumn can sod off

All on board with the packaging hate, especially peel heres that invariably require scissors or a knife. Another bugbear with packaging is how difficult it is to work out whether something is recyclable. While we're all being encouraged to do it we shouldn't have to Google plastic type numbers and shit like that.

Can normally manage the cat food pouches which is just as well as the sight of cat food (I think it's the jelly) almost makes me spew.
Time to name and shame.

Deary me M&S. This is a shocker 😂

Attachments

• 4C409FE8-F734-4CC9-9E73-742A5A02972B.jpeg
    4C409FE8-F734-4CC9-9E73-742A5A02972B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
We very rarely get snow where I live ,I'm fine without it ,but when it rains instead between Dec -feb and having a temp of +2 to -2 I'll take it

People supposed to give pro-tips, while it is actually the most obvious or idiotic thing they could suggest.

IE: i am often Google searching for my Sony Bravia, that as time passes, has less and less applications available to install, day after day.

Some usual high-rated tips i step on:

1) Switch on the internet router (oh thanx Captain obvious)

2) Switch off the TV. ( Oh how did i miss this, my TV was 24/7/12/365 open)

3) Switch off the TV and unplug the power cord, this may fix a lot of issues. ( Oh yes, yes, Ef-You Sherlock)!

Last edited:
People supposed to give pro-tips, while it is actually the most obvious or idiotic thing they could suggest.

IE: i am often Google searching for my Sony Bravia, that as time passes has less and less applications to install day after day.

Some usual high-rated tips i step on:

1) Switch on the internet router (oh thanx Captain obvious)

2) Switch off the TV. ( Oh how did i miss this, my TV was 24/7/12/365 open)

3) Switch off the TV and unplug the power cord, this may fix a lot of issues. ( Oh yes, yes, Ef-You Sherlock)!

This too. Also, when it comes to devices, how quick people are to suggest a factory reset. I had a minor connectivity issue with my phone which was annoying me and all roads pointed to factory reset. What fixed it in the end? A different cable. Poor buggers could be resetting their phones for no reason.

Life Hacks. Just the phrase alone is enough but add in the fact they are also mostly either blindingly obvious, completely pointless, or thinly veiled 15 minutes of fame attempts.

The worst one I ever saw was a 'hack' to help you at the till of Aldi or Lidl. The hack? Ask the operator to go a bit slower.

Usually they're nonsense or common sense. I've only seen one that I've ever taken forward - storing cables/wires in toilet roll tubes. Actually works really well.

I know you grumpy old gits really want it ,though you play hard to catch.
Here's 12 min of life hacks (for the shitter)
And you're welcome

Haha. A classic of the genre. The '5-Minute' family are the kings. Typical of those videos, you have a perfectly rational idea at 12:02, after enduring multiple ludicrous notions, peaking at 8:51.

-----

I've noticed a few '12 days of Christmas' things kicking off over the past 24 hours which pissed me off. The 12 Days of Christmas STARTS on Christmas Day.

Haha. A classic of the genre. The '5-Minute' family are the kings. Typical of those videos, you have a perfectly rational idea at 12:02, after enduring multiple ludicrous notions, peaking at 8:51.

-----

I've noticed a few '12 days of Christmas' things kicking off over the past 24 hours which pissed me off. The 12 Days of Christmas STARTS on Christmas Day.
Forgot ,while on the subject.
Hallmark Xmas movies.
1 they're shite.
2 exactly the same storyline
3 it's like 5-6 different movies a day on TV.
4 they're shite

Back
Top Bottom