UFL [All Platforms]

Just because is not the console version doesnt mean it cant be moded, the ps2 version of pes got kitserver, face/hair servers, ballserver and stadiumserver!
ps4 has been jailbreakable since years! and ps5 doesnt have so much luck too

It's not really about console or pc. Besides modding on newer console is very limited compare to pc.

Main problem is Unreal Engine. Current version of UE cant be modded unless the dev is open the game to completly moddable which i doubt very much then there's a very little hope that UE5 can mod at all.

Come & see efootball editing thread, it's on life support since last year.

Last edited:
Just because is not the console version doesnt mean it cant be moded, the ps2 version of pes got kitserver, face/hair servers, ballserver and stadiumserver!
ps4 has been jailbreakable since years! and ps5 doesnt have so much luck too
Also there could be an edit mode, pretty needed for games without licences. Now, it's limited in comparison to mods but many of us don't really care about adboards and all : principal are Emblems and kits for the visuals, and real names modding for the database. Then there's others stuffs pretty less visible.
Faces are something else, i ain't a fan of PC patch with tons of faces but only 20% following the same "standard" as PES, then the others with big smile as they're recopied by picture is a big no. Now, i saw some superb work from people here which are artist level, like the ones at Konami, but it's rare.

I even prefers the homogeneity of in game remade faces sometimes when i see some Freddy Krugger skins results.

But i don't think in 2023 that it's something hard to reproduce. Efootball is so focused on their Dreamcardgame, online quality and (let's admit it) found a more static gameplay and configuration, as it doesn't really need to have every teams in the game to choose as a basis : they got several league licenced + partnership...

I may be the case for UFL too, but they got a very small amount of licenced teams, but well, perhaps they don't care as it's not a priority (just finishing their mode and launching the game is) and i don't know what type of FUT mode they will purpose at launch.
The best way is the AO tennis one, with a website dedicated for pictures to upload. Better for everyone, especially Xbox players.

Last edited:
Yes. I'm very hesitant about this game having offline mode to play against CPU bots. But on the other side, they need to code the AI that controls the other 10 players, so they are not that far from recreating the whole AI to play against a CPU team.

In this video they explained that their AI is splitted in AI bots (your rivals) and AI Assist (the IA that controls your teammates).
Doing AI from teammates and fully ready for a CPU versus (automatic construction, pattern, shooting, teamplay, players differences etc.) is another thing.

Let's say they perhaps got 10-15% done for the offline mode... So even if they got interest on it, don't expect it 1. when the game will be launch 2. with intersting smart and CPU games with variety and awareness.

Remember that they start from zero and firstly focused on human versus human, i believe it should be harder to create offline AI starting from there without antecedents games you could took and adapt for their game than here from scratch with nothing automatic programmed already.

But i'm really hope i'm wrong and they're will be working on in a future decision. I don't think as it's time demanding and they say "against human" + "out in 2023" so a bit too close to create something acceptable, but never say never.

I don't think there's much of a basis for modding anyway as I don't think this game will have a database of real teams and rosters under fake names like eFootball does. does it?

I got the impression this is purely an online fantasy team game like DLS or what Dream Team and FUT want you to envision.

For me so far this game is literally just a 1 to 1 copy of Fifa Ultimate Team.

I have seen nothing unique so far, even their celebrations and gameplay footage basically screams Ultimate Team to me.

The whole concept seems to be: EA is not yet Free2Play with Fifa so let's copy Ultimate Team and make a free2play version.

Instead of standing out with some unique ideas, it really just seems like they are saying: hey Fifa players you like this? Here is the same.

There will never be a true offline mode with these new games. I think it's pretty clear for the usual number of reasons we don't need to name.
We need us ( fans) to raise money and try getting are own game.

no company based on money will try do to game that is simulation of football ( or any sport)

and sports games are the most complex in the games industry.

Yep, just looks like FIFA 14, which isn;t terrible, it plays slower than FIFA23, so it's better than that.
Yes, that is what I was thinking! the passing animations are bad but dribbling and tricks are not that bad, they have better speed than FIFA. It's okay for Alpha to be fair. They progress a lot from the last videos.

Its pretty much like FIFA, will it be considered good will depend on the amount of content it has on release, but i certainly applaud the effort, even if it's a copy so far.

Its pretty much like FIFA, will it be considered good will depend on the amount of content it has on release, but i certainly applaud the effort, even if it's a copy so far.
For me feels and sometimes moves more like International Superstar Soccer 3

Let's be fair, they are building a football game from scratch, so I say they are doing OK, so far. They are still in alpha and have said they will fix up the animations. Sad state of affairs when the best bet for a decent football game in 2023/24 is from 2 new studios building games from nothing.

You can't tell everything from a video but it's not exactly got me excited. It doesn't look like it adds anything new to what's already been delivered over the years by EA & Konami. No obvious sign of innovation or new approach. Simple pass and shoot football with a few skill moves. Good luck to them but I'm not sure what this offers that'll attract people over from FIFA and eFootball, other than the initial novelty of a new title.

Yep, just looks like FIFA 14, which isn;t terrible, it plays slower than FIFA23, so it's better than that.
Didn't look like Fifa 14 at all for me.

Might be slower but field positioning is even more open then on current Fifa, defending seems worse and also shots seem off.

Yes it is Alpha but they have a long way ahead of them.

Edit: I always liked the physicality in Fifa 14, at that point the Engine worked really well.
That is also something I am not seeing here, it more lacks any physicality

Last edited:
Due to the fact that both this and the other Goalz aim to become a FUT Lite in essence, they do not directly concern me as a customer.

But to be lenient, it strongly reminds me FIFA 99 for PC. Not sure if it's good or bad, today in 2023. But nothing close to ISS 3, imho at least.

For more specific notices, the ball was weird, nothing independent at all, nor that it is 100% free in any FIFA or PES, but here it doesn't even follow any rules in most cases. It is like the ball is programmed more like an event, you press the button and an event happens no matter what.

Also a lot of ghosting (not clipping, here players pass through opponent body masses, is like a dev's choice, not some clipping by accident) and a lot of frenetic tempo, mostly end-to-end action.

Finally, as i watched the whole video, i count ZERO fouls, while in two instances, there were some obviously aggressive tacklings, that should be fouls. Not sure for this, if they have Fouls to OFF, due to being an Alpha Version.

Due to the fact that both this and the other Goalz aim to become a FUT Lite in essence, they do not directly concern me as a customer.

But to be lenient, it strongly reminds me FIFA 99 for PC. Not sure if it's good or bad, today in 2023. But nothing close to ISS 3, imho at least.

For more specific notices, the ball was weird, nothing independent at all, nor that it is 100% free in any FIFA or PES, but here it doesn't even follow any rules in most cases. It is like the ball is programmed more like an event, you press the button and an event happens no matter what.

Also a lot of ghosting (not clipping, here players pass through opponent body masses, is like a dev's choice, not some clipping by accident) and a lot of frenetic tempo, mostly end-to-end action.

Finally, as i watched the whole video, i count ZERO fouls, while in two instances, there were some obviously aggressive tacklings, that should be fouls. Not sure for this, if they have Fouls to OFF, due to being an Alpha Version.
The players' dribbling and tricks/ movements look like ISS3 to me, I play a lot of these games back then, and overall was an unresponsive mess from time to time, tricks were cool looking but the timing was all over the place and useless, I see this here, maybe I'm wrong.

We all know it but we keep expecting a different result or a change in direction but.. it won't happen. The only reason games like GOALZ, eFootball, and UFL exist is not for great and realistic gameplay or graphics, they exist solely to sell players, packs, and cards, and nothing else! The gameplay will be in the background, always in live service games of this kind. The gameplay will just be a tool to get people to buy more cards and packs.

Back
Top Bottom