UFL [All Platforms]

Honest mistake ,saw someone asking about Goals (go FIFA Kurt go) and checked out their progress=zero.
Hopefully UFL will be great :)
Ha ha ha (not gonna happen)

Honest mistake ,saw someone asking about Goals (go FIFA Kurt go) and checked out their progress=zero.
Hopefully UFL will be great :)
Ha ha ha (not gonna happen)
Ah shit, sorry, my bad also. I didnt go far enough to grasp the whole conversation.
And yeah - both are sadly shaping to be.... how to put it nicely.... not-for-us. :LOL:

Ah shit, sorry, my bad also. I didnt go far enough to grasp the whole conversation.
And yeah - both are sadly shaping to be.... how to put it nicely.... not-for-us. :LOL:
No worries buddy replied pretty much in the wrong thread.
God no ,not for us

At this pace, it seems that UFL will need 10 years of development more to match some of the moves we see in current games.
The robotic moves it has make me to remember first football games in Sega or FIFA 98, but with a new graphic engine.

Plot twist: the "official FIFA game" will be UFL.

After viewing the current state of the game, it seems that UFL team is lacking of resources, budget and experience (logical, given the fact that is the first football game they're creating and the complexity of recreating the sport itself).

Imho, at this time, a company like 2K Sports (a subdivision part of Take Two, that also owns Rockstar) might be the unique one with enough resources and expertise to buy FIFA's rights and develop a third mainstream football game properly.

At this pace, it seems that UFL will need 10 years of development more to match some of the moves we see in current games.
The robotic moves it has make me to remember first football games in Sega or FIFA 98, but with a new graphic engine.

For 10 years, so big team to be on this stage of physics, animations, graphic and AI/Gameplay is pretty disappointing ! If we remember " gameplay football " that game was made by one guy and was way more smooth, without mocap studio. For me UFL looks like free browser/flash game from 2010.

For 10 years, so big team to be on this stage of physics, animations, graphic and AI/Gameplay is pretty disappointing ! If we remember " gameplay football " that game was made by one guy and was way more smooth, without mocap studio. For me UFL looks like free browser/flash game from 2010.

Just to clarify: the team started its development in 2016 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFL_(video_game))
So, 6 years in total and counting. I'm saying that they will need 10 years more to reach FIFA or PES level.

And I totally agree with your comment. What the guy of Gameplay Football reached working alone is insane.

I'm not gonna trash this like some people enjoy trashing eFootball (which on the pitch, isn't even that bad) because I can't knock a team that has the ambition for attempting to make a football game from scratch; one of the hardest subject matters to recreate next to wrestling games probably...

However; For the sheer amount of effort and money they've spent on marketing and hyping up this game, this really, really doesn't live up to the standard you'd come to expect from such a promotional campaign. It doesn't look much different to Dream League soccer or any other low bar mobile football game.

Much like eFootball, If humility was more of your focus and just focusing your efforts and energy on sincerely strengthening your fundamentals rather than self proclaiming to make the most revolutionary football game experience ever knowing yourself, you're absolutely going to fall short on those promises - Then you might earn a little more respect and support but instead, you've talked the big game, dropped your pants and now we're all disappointed.

The search for the girth continues.

Yeah, to me, my feelings at least, is all about what they said about the game before. Like it will be an awesome game to make forget Konami or EA last attempt etc.
I know there's a lot of marketing, but at their place, i would keep my mouth a bit less open. Because there's facts, and when people/we will try it (i will just for killing time), that will be another story.

Like you, i also think about the guy who created Gameplay football. There was stuffs to add, and it was unfinished. He still creating some games in 2D kind of pixel art, but trying to make stuffs special. I suscribed to his twitter : if i'm right as i didn't connected since months the name of the guy's "development team" (i think he got probably some help here and there for the other game) is called "Properly Decent".

Just the name told everything, it's full of humility. He/They just try to make decent games, amusing, without any kind of pretention. UFL is all i hate.
Because even we can say whatever we want about EA/Konami but their game are at least worked and re-worked, whatever the direction took, it's something serious.
Not UFL, more like a try by a team of amateur without any acknowledge, passion, or influence about past football game : it's an FUT replica, the game is completely soulless and looks already annoying to play.

Like a singer who make an album without any musical culture. They need to revise their classics.
I even prefers to retry the game and spend my time with i found from SEGA from end 2006 (after PES 6) on retro "Virtua Pro Football" than this game. Even if there's missing some animations transitions and graphisms are outdated : but i got fun with it even with the flaws like missing animations transitions etc : it's fun to play and realistic in terms of balance.
Point.

I really hope they understand what's wrong with this gameplay, I really hope they know it's not good. On the other hand ... I think they suffer from delusion because I see no reason other than Eugene Nashilov to publish this video. He believes it's good, so he can't wait to show it?
If we talk about GOALS, ok they have been working on the game for a year, but UFL, they have been working on the game for... OK not 10, but 6 years, and the most important and basic thing in football, passing the ball they can't do it right?
How many more years will they need for this !?
Or are just starting to write physical algorithms and calculate animations on how to work...?
What have they been doing all this time since even the engine is not theirs, cutscenes and presentations !? Isn't that the last thing you need to do?
I'm sorry, but I personally can't make any sense of that, but I have to admit that I'm not a game developer, at least not officially, only in some conspiracy theories.
I'm sorry for that rant. I just felt very disappointed, I want to see anything new and good, different from Konami and EA, but since PES is dead, FIFA was not good in the first place, but obviously, it won't happen.

Last edited:
Btw I found one video from Gameplay Football, but if you look at the gameplay, some details look suspiciously close to UFL !

I will be not surprise of UFL just RIP off GF code and put it on Unreal Engine, but the players movements, dribbling , passing and ball physics looks almost identical.
The code itself is Open Source and can be found here :
https://github.com/BazkieBumpercar/GameplayFootball

Last edited:
Btw I found one video from Gameplay Football, but if you look at the gameplay, some details look suspiciously close to UFL !

I will be not surprise of UFL just RIP off GF code and put it on Unreal Engine, but the players movements, dribbling , passing and ball physics looks almost identical.
The code itself is Open Source and can be found here :
https://github.com/BazkieBumpercar/GameplayFootball
It looks better than UFL in terms of gameplay

Yeah perhaps not with the ball because Fifa is even faster, well you can't do that easily a Sombrero/Shoot/Goal at the penalty point...
But in terms of ball circulation assisted yes, it's super pinballish.

And the shoots are all like a straight line, no deviation neither ball falling (due to roll + gravity) effect at all, make me think of old average PS2 games.
I ain't against arcade football games... I even miss that kind of games but they don't assume any more. UFL seems soulless.

Virtua Striker 1 and 2 to take as an example was an assumed Arcade game, fun, dynamic, BUT also balanced in score. I really doubt that UFL games won't end by 5-3 or 6-4 each games, scoring and going straight to the goal looks so easy...

@༺Ƥeຮ༻ don't even search for something better with UFL, don't get any hope about that game. There's much chance that 2K made something a small bit bettr in one year with Fifa licence (even if i don't thrust them for their first year : it will took time as creating a Football "sim-action" like PES needs experience)
But it's fun talking about it, as they were so confident to create a FIFPES killer. They're not even close to PES 15.

What you see is what they aimed for, they're to me at the max level and update will be even noticeable. If you count how much time they did for that thing and how the fundamental are biased...

Last edited:
The part with CR7 killed me, his face when he talk about the game looks exactly like if there were kalashnikovs pointed on him.

Get enough people hyped and following whatever this series is on youtube and that can generate serious money alone, once its out and charging the kids to gamble on players they only need a small % of the multi billion dollar market and they will be quids. Even shit games can generate a ton on money if they are well hyped.

My son is 6 years old and has recently mentioned FUT - as in Dad do you know you can buy cards on FIFA and trade them - can you buy me Ronaldo. Obviously doesnt understand how it works. That conversation was shut down in a split second but its obviously what they are talking about in infant school

Don't worry mate, a kid understand when you explain clearly and don't fear to tell the truth.
Some things need to be said without thinkin "i'm talking to a kid, so i need to be careful"
Yes in terms of choosing words, but that's all.
Good job Daddy.

Back
Top Bottom