V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

What happens if you launch Steam, launch EA App, then on EA app click "Play"? You've already set -dataPath ModData into the EA App properties for Fifa23?
As I said before, there is no option in the EAapp. When I click the 3 dots it says „manage in steam“. See pics above.

what I did though, imstarted fifa in steam and it took me to download the EAapp where the steam account got linked to my ea account. That part is done.

only option I see now is adding that launch command in steam. 🤷‍♂️ been playing only the default game since I own it.

edit: i hope I don’t come across rude here. 😊 not my intention, pal! 👋

As I said before, there is no option in the EAapp. When I click the 3 dots it says „manage in steam“. See pics above.

what I did though, imstarted fifa in steam and it took me to download the EAapp where the steam account got linked to my ea account. That part is done.

only option I see now is adding that launch command in steam. 🤷‍♂️ been playing only the default game since I own it.

edit: i hope I don’t come across rude here. 😊 not my intention, pal! 👋

In your Fifa folder you have a ModData subfolder right?

When I click the 3 dots it says „manage in steam“.
This is precisely why I was asking if the mod process functions more smoothly being bought via the EA App vs some other storefront.
That's weird that the EA App would modify your options just because you bought the game via Steam. It begs the question why Steam needs the EA App to activate a game you bought from them? This sort of confusion is annoying, I've seen it with other games on Steam that send you to another platform. I'd try entering the ModData command in the special loading instructions in Steam.

I got to play this mod for the first time last night and I'm not gonna bore anyone with my fine tooth comb opinions but it was great. I still had the speed to Slow but it was still far more enjoyable than the game without the mod.
Question about the online connectivity...
It doesn't appear blocking the exe with the Windows firewall is stopping the game from being connected. Or at least I don't recall seeing a pop up about how I wasn't connected when loading the way FIFA always has. But once I figure out how to stop it from connecting, is there a way to keep getting squads in a way that doesn't impose live tuning to my install? I also really actually like the connected function in the World Cup mode that follows along the tournament letting you have access to squads and lineups from the actual matches. Any way to get that stuff while also not letting the game download any other live tuning? (To be clear I don't need this at all for online play which I never use.)

Also another minor issue where I can't seem to add name and description info to my mods. Trying to figure that out.

In your Fifa folder you have a ModData subfolder right?
positive. There is a ModData folder in my fifa23 root directory.

had a fresh windows install. Installed FIFA as well. set up everything from scratch and now I’m nearly there… I guess. When I launch the game via FMT, it takes me to the EAapp… 👍 just the modpath thing seems missing.

D03739E1-6162-4A6C-A171-1001C1EEDBE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok Ok Ok. Lets take a breath.

1. I dont own the steam version so i cant debug this. But. If you have the steam version and you are forced to use steam which then connects to EA Desktop. I suspect you will have the issue where steam needs to send the command line through to EA Desktop. Changing Steam command line parameters is easy and you can google it. If that doesn't work then you are stuffed for now on both FMT and FET/FMM.

2. Whenever the EA Desktop is used you must use the command parameters and launch normally AFTER youve installed the mods via launcher. Thats quite clear in the launcher and on the Wiki.

3. Always ensure you are not connected to the network when playing to use the mods to their fullest.

4. World Cup mode always wants to connect to servers and will 100% overwrite my gameplay mod. I have an idea to remove this but zero time to fix it right now.

5. We always said. Since before EA Desktop was going to come out. That it will always be a problem. As always, nobody gave two fucks and continued as normal buying the game and modding it anyway they liked. I spent a long time getting it to work on EA Desktop and all the "hacks" that are out there, dont work. The only way is somehow getting EAD to understand the command line you are throwing at it. There are many YT and other videos explaining how to do it. Even for other EA games. So you'll need to research until it works for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
You should be able to go into the EA App now and add that line. From that point on you'd just launch from there. What I don't know is if you ever actually launch from the Modding Tool.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fifa-23-mods-fmt-only.92291/post-3902724
thx anyway.
Ok Ok Ok. Lets take a breath.

1. I dont own the steam version so i cant debug this. But. If you have the steam version and you are forced to use steam which then connects to EA Desktop. I suspect you will have the issue where steam needs to send the command line through to EA Desktop. Changing Steam command line parameters is easy and you can google it. If that doesn't work then you are stuffed for now on both FMT and FET/FMM.

2. Whenever the EA Desktop is used you must use the command parameters and launch normally AFTER youve installed the mods via launcher. Thats quite clear in the launcher and on the Wiki.

3. Always ensure you are not connected to the network when playing to use the mods to their fullest.

4. World Cup mode always wants to connect to servers and will 100% overwrite my gameplay mod. I have an idea to remove this but zero time to fix it right now.

5. We always said way back since EA Desktop was going to come that it will always be a problem. As always, nobody gave two fucks and continued as normal buying the game and modding it anyway they liked. I spent a long time getting it to work on EA Desktop and all the "hacks" that are out there, dont work. The only way is somehow getting EAD to understand the command line you are throwing at it. There are many YT and other videos explaining how to do it. Even for other EA games. So you'll need to research until it works for you. Good luck!
I’ll try and report back. 👍

Its likely because you are using fifa23_trial which doesnt allow command line arguments
Hey Paul. I'm using the right exe. Last night I uninstalled the game entirely, and reinstalled. To get entirely rid of the trial. Then I set up FMT again entirely as well.
EDIT: I seem to have gotten it to all work again. So does the World Cup mode when launched instantly download tuning that affects the WHOLE game? And can you just exit and reload your mod to override that or is it permanently then affected? Must one NEVER go into the World Cup mode?

Last edited:
Ok thanks, thought it was me just going crazy that the WC mode was playing different.
Hopefully the WC gameplay can be modded too, as it is just awful at the moment.
I've seen it too. I was playing offline. So do you think you have to reload the game once you've played in WorldCup mode to get Paul's gameplay back? Or do we think it will be there as long as you play regular modes in the game.

I've seen it too. I was playing offline. So do you think you have to reload the game once you've played in WorldCup mode to get Paul's gameplay back? Or do we think it will be there as long as you play regular modes in the game.
Its a hard set rule. At this point in time, the World Cup mode 100% breaks gameplay mods. You would very likely need to re-run the tool and reinstall the mods to uninstall all the files it downloads for that mode.

Its a hard set rule. At this point in time, the World Cup mode 100% breaks gameplay mods. You would very likely need to re-run the tool and reinstall the mods to uninstall all the files it downloads for that mode.
given the offers I would like to buy fifa 23 pc are there differences between the origin and steam versions? I would like to install the mods without problems thanks

given the offers I would like to buy fifa 23 pc are there differences between the origin and steam versions? I would like to install the mods without problems thanks

EA App version = works with mods ok. Steam version = apparently not working with mods...

Steam version would need the EA App anyways so it just adds an extra pointless layer on top of things.

EA App version = works with mods ok. Steam version = apparently not working with mods...

Steam version would need the EA App anyways so it just adds an extra pointless layer on top of things.
If only I’ve known that… 😩
Is there a steam policy for a return of software?! Like hours played…?!

Sheee… I’m at around 4-5. What a mess.
thx for the reply though.

So I’m sitting here hoping one day it will work?! At least I got better graphics now. 🤷‍♂️

will try the slider sets then tonight to get some improvement at least. 🙄
Try the refund option asap with necessary comments if possible. Give it a try. And yes, playing Origin games on Steam is pointless since it requires Origin/EA App anyway (except Apex Legends and a few old ones, I believe?). Maybe, you could give Steam Launch options a try though? Like adding the Launch arguments on Steam instead of EA App? Anyway, good luck mate.

Try the refund option asap with necessary comments if possible. Give it a try. And yes, playing Origin games on Steam is pointless since it requires Origin/EA App anyway (except Apex Legends and a few old ones, I believe?). Maybe, you could give Steam Launch options a try though? Like adding the Launch arguments on Steam instead of EA App? Anyway, good luck mate.
Hey Dev, i tried adding the launch command to steam before. Not gonna work.
I’ll try the refund as you said... maybe my latest purchase history will be some kind of extra so they can approve the refund. Spent some dime the last couple of month.

I’ll try the refund as you said...
Sometimes being just plain and simply human helps. Especially at this time of the year. Tell them that you fell asleep on the couch and accidentally left the game running. It just sounds so honest that it makes someone have to be a jerk to say no. These companies make millions, they don't actually care about refunding you they just have to justify each refund.

Ok, so I did some tests last night but I wanted your answer before I told you because I was thinking it may have just been in my head.

I have a Premier League tournament going. I have only loaded the game offline except for the first ever launch. I went into a kickoff quick play in the world cup section with your mod loaded and instantly felt the full arcade tiki-taka passing and annoyance which means your mod was overrided. Quickly went into a regular friendly and into my saved tournament. ALL the smooth slower paced feel was gone. I exited the game to Windows-- this is where I don't know if it's all in my head or not -- I ran the game again and went into a friendly and I feel like the World Cup tuning was still there. I exited the game again. I RE-installed your mod (consequently, V3 A2) using Force Reinstall then went into the game to a friendly and it felt like it was running the mod again.

Now remember this is all offline. So then... that would suggest that the tuning for the Cup is baked into the game and then stays active for whatever you do after. And does that would that it isn't even something that gets downloaded, it's just there regardless? So even playing offline, you can't control it? That means your mod needs to be reinstalled if you ever launch the World Cup mode, at all. Luckily though, one could just make a custom tournament for a World Cup if one wanted to keep your gameplay and play a "World Cup".

(Also, I imagine once mods are installed there's no need to run FMT anymore until further updates happen, right?)

Last edited:
Is anyone having success loading the MOD's via (FIFA Mod Manager v1.1.3)?

Ever since moving over from Origin to the EA App. I cannot get the MOD's to load.

Iv'e even tried inputing the path with -dataPathFIFAModData into the properties section of the EA App.

Hope there's a solution soon.

Is anyone having success loading the MOD's via (FIFA Mod Manager v1.1.3)?

Ever since moving over from Origin to the EA App. I cannot get the MOD's to load.

Iv'e even tried inputing the path with -dataPathFIFAModData into the properties section of the EA App.

Hope there's a solution soon.
Wrong place to ask this is a thread for Paul's tool separate tool all together mate

Back
Top Bottom