V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

I'm losing track of this thread now. People randomly posting questions completely unrelated to the mods that this thread is for. Could probably delete 2 pages at least and it'll be fine.

Any tutorial for installing this mode? Sorry I am new to Fifa moding
Don't use the Tool and repair FIFA.

People randomly posting questions completely unrelated to the mods that this thread is for.
This has become par for the course across most every forum I use now. Answer now and in the first thread people find. And discord has exacerbated that. But now I'M going off topic... apologies.
Apologies to anyone if my struggles to load the mod have been an annoyance.

Hi Paul hope your well, thoroughly enjoying latest gameplay mod. Just wondering on the compatability with FIFER's realism alpha. Does not one part of any of Fifer's mods compatibilse with your mods using FMT???

This is my second attempt to post my review on this excellent mod. My first wall of text was defeated by release of version 3A2. I literally wrote half of post when updated page and saw release of new version. At that moment I have already played second half of season with version 2 final (first half I played with vanilla+Matt10 sliders). Now I played another half of season and feel ready to share my thoughts. For start I play 10min halves on Legendary without player based difficulty. All controls on semi-assist besides assisted shooting (this is closest to PES shooting)

This part is valid for both version v2 and v3.

# Player Speed feels excellent. Both speed disparity and worse dribbling with poor stat make players more distinct. And general slowdown of animations make players feel more realistic

# Player Strength feels excellent. Especially satisfying is that I can use strong Forwards how they play IRL.

# Positioning is good. After PES vanilla FIFA had problems for me with track back. Even if this game has emphasis on 1vs1 knowing that I can stall with my CB and CDM will come close enough to use is refreshing.

# Defending feels realistic. No more silly tackles from behind. To win the ball you must get in front. Or you can just pull down faster players from behind before they get away. Just like IRL. And nerf to blocking opens short passes attacks in final third of field. Field feels less restricted but at right amount.

# Goalkeepers changes are great. But I used sliders to buff them because of overpowered shooting ( I will talk about it below)

# Passing is just excellent.

# Injuries have only one problem. I played full season on 2 versions of mod and longest injury I got was 2 weeks. And even such injuries are rare (only 5-6 injuries that had consequences after match).

Now on what that changed between v2 and v3a2 for me.

# Referee was better in v2. I don’t know for sure, but it seems that ref finds fouls when tackles have 2 touches from defending player. First touch (with foot) works correct if defender touched ball before attacker, but if after that second leg or body touches opponent it registers as separate tackle. This is only theory, but it looks like that.

# Shooting is less overpowered in v3 than it was in v2. Now players don’t have uberfast shots from any angle. But still sometimes players just send supersonic balls that goalkeeper have no chance to catch. And legendary CPU shoots faster than World Class. So my sliders are (player/cpu) shot error 60/60, shot speed 35/30, Goalkeeper 62/62

# AI is just excellent. Passing, crossing, fouling, mistakes in difficult situations. It feels much more like real player. Even with my sliders CPU tries longshots when good player have position to try. But with some moments. First of all in both versions CPU feels toothless in aerial battles if my player is waiting for ball. CPU jumps a bit late so my player is on his shoulders almost 100% times. In v3 CPU is better with runs if player have open space in front of them. V2 used pace only on wingers. But v3 have downgrade in situation when full team is in defense. Almost 100% CPU will try “vanilla” scenario: CPU passes to winger, winger just shields ball till players finds good pass. Then 1-2 fast passes and uberfast shot. It is not as overpowered as tiki-taka scripted goal from legendary vanilla CPU, but I feel a bit of that. V2 in that full-defense situation was better. Winger tried to get closer for pass and, if there was no opening, just crossed.

At the end I really enjoy playng with this mod and sincerely thank Paul for all his work. All my criticism is here only to help polish this masterpiece

Last edited:
Hi Paul hope your well, thoroughly enjoying latest gameplay mod. Just wondering on the compatability with FIFER's realism alpha. Does not one part of any of Fifer's mods compatibilse with your mods using FMT???
You're unlikely to get a response other than what is in the very first post that Paul wrote:

"There are good technical reasons why I use FMT, so please stop asking. If you want to use FET/FMM and the Realism Mod, ask FIFER for a gameplay mod. Otherwise. Leave me be. Thanks."

This is my second attempt to post my review on this excellent mod. My first wall of text was defeated by release of version 3A2. I literally wrote half of post when updated page and saw release of new version. At that moment I have already played second half of season with version 2 final (first half I played with vanilla+Matt10 sliders). Now I played another half of season and feel ready to share my thoughts. For start I play 10min halves on Legendary without player based difficulty. All controls on semi-assist besides assisted shooting (this is closest to PES shooting)

# Player Speed feels excellent. Both speed disparity and worse dribbling with poor stat make players more distinct. And general slowdown of animations make players feel more realistic

# Player Strength feels excellent. Especially satisfying is that I can use strong Forwards how they play IRL.

# Positioning is good. After PES vanilla FIFA had problems for me with track back. Even if this game has emphasis on 1vs1 knowing that I can stall with my CB and CDM will come close enough to use is refreshing.

# Defending feels realistic. No more silly tackles from behind. To win the ball you must get in front. Or you can just pull down faster players from behind before they get away. Just like IRL. And nerf to blocking opens short passes attacks in final third of field. Field feels less restricted but at right amount.

# Goalkeepers changes are great. But I used sliders to buff them because of overpowered shooting ( I will talk about it below)

# Injuries have only one problem. I played full season on 2 versions of mod and longest injury I got was 2 weeks. And even such injuries are rare (only 5-6 injuries that had consequences after match).

# Referee was better in v2. I don’t know for sure, but it seems that ref finds fouls when tackles have 2 touches from defending player. First touch (with foot) works correct if defender touched ball before attacker, but if after that second leg or body touches opponent it registers as separate tackle. This is only theory, but it looks like that.

# Shooting is less overpowered in v3 than it was in v2. Now players don’t have uberfast shots from any angle. But still sometimes players just send supersonic balls that goalkeeper have no chance to catch. And legendary CPU shoots faster than World Class. So my sliders are (player/cpu) shot error 60/60, shot speed 35/30, Goalkeeper 62/62

# AI is just excellent. Passing, crossing, fouling, mistakes in difficult situations. It feels much more like real player. Even with my sliders CPU tries longshots when good player have position to try. But with some moments. First of all in both versions CPU feels toothless in aerial battles if my player is waiting for ball. CPU jumps a bit late so my player is on his shoulders almost 100% times. In v3 CPU is better with runs if player have open space in front of them. V2 used pace only on wingers. But v3 have downgrade in situation when full team is in defense. Almost 100% CPU will try “vanilla” scenario: CPU passes to winger, winger just shields ball till players finds good pass. Then 1-2 fast passes and uberfast shot. It is not as overpowered as tiki-taka scripted goal from legendary vanilla CPU, but I feel a bit of that. V2 in that full-defense situation was better. Winger tried to get closer for pass and, if there was no opening, just crossed.

At the end I really enjoy playng with this mod and sincerely thank Paul for all his work. All my criticism is here only to help polish this masterpiece
I agree completely, exellent and realistic gameplay. I made this change to the slides starting from the "recommended by Paulv2k4" (all slides to default) : goalkeeper 70-70, passes 30-30, first touch 60-60, then occasionally I had fun tinkering with H-L-W.

My problem now and that I can't solve is that the mod won't load and I'm forced to play vanilla.

🙏 Advice and help are welcome 🙏

This is exactly the same review I've experienced in two and a half seasons of 3A2 gameplay. What we need to highlight is the referees for sure.

I've previously highlighted this but unsure if I was the only person who's experienced this but "clean" slide tackles are punished even if you've touched the ball first. I'd say 70% of trailing collisions no matter how hard or soft touches to a foot or leg are called as a foul.

Not sure if Paul could nerf this as slide tackling even with 84+ defenders with high slide tackling interception skills can't be used properly.

But other than that, excellent mod!

Spot on review. Agreed with everything!

Sadly the mod loading thing is happening again, despite doig everything we've discussed.It is also now doing the same thing again where it doesn't acknowledge previous settings saves and therefore asks me to set up the whole game again, settings, favourite team, etc, and worse than that, the tournaments I started can't be loaded. Doesn't recognise my profile at all.
I don't know what else to do, @paulv2k4 , I've tried all the known tactics.

I don't know if anyone has encountered this issue on V3A2 where some teams mid game swap some of their players and play them in different positions. ST to LCB, CB and LM etc.

For example below:
1672273462550.png

I don't know if anyone has encountered this issue on V3A2 where some teams mid game swap some of their players and play them in different positions. ST to LCB, CB and LM etc.
That's not necessarily a mod thing. Could be a FIFA bug. Would help to know which mod you're running.

I think the AI in FIFA 23 can do that, as it certainly for the first FIFA ever has AI that changes tactics in game according to the way the match is developing, its got some depth this year that is for sure.

Still loving the career/gameplay mods, I think my biggest issue with the career mod is probably that I'm getting no reports when I'm scouting for new youth players, they literally email me each month to say "I have no report this month"!

Still loving the career/gameplay mods, I think my biggest issue with the career mod is probably that I'm getting no reports when I'm scouting for new youth players, they literally email me each month to say "I have no report this month"!
Try out this mod. Make sure it's all the way at the bottom of the load order(just above the gameplay mod).

Attachments

• CareerMadeEvenBetter33.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    72.6 KB · Views: 42
Yeah but I can send you one without it.

Hell no! I hate FOW! ;) Much thanks :) Saves me having to do it by editing the DB or using Cheat Table etc. :)

Main question is whether we'll be safe to update without mods breaking, think I'll wait for some other guinea pig brave soul to figure it out!

Hell no! I hate FOW! ;) Much thanks :) Saves me having to do it by editing the DB or using Cheat Table etc. :)

Main question is whether we'll be safe to update without mods breaking, think I'll wait for some other guinea pig brave soul to figure it out!
Don't do it. Game crashes on startup.

This may actually help people, so I'm putting it here...

When I first installed FIFA23, the VERY first time, it tried to install itself to the default place that the EA App wanted it to install to. I stopped that because I like my games to be installed to a specific folder that makes modding easier. I stopped, reinstalled throgh Origin and changed it to another folder. From then on I had problems. Doing it through Origin also kickstarted a cloud save (a feature I absolutely detest) and left a small bit of a cloud save connected to FIFA that I could never get deleted.

It occurred to me yesterday to try uninstalling everything for the 7th time or so but letting the game install instead to the default folder the EA App wanted to use on my game drive. Badly designed software is frequently full of quirks like bugs appearing when you customise their use so I just let it do its thing. The game was responding on this install very differently from what it had before and it struck me that during install it was saying that it was "repairing". So something had been left over in a folder somewhere of that first install. The first application of the mod worked.

Unfortunately, I don't know what happened, but it has actually stopped working again for no reason. But the takeaway here is that messing with where you ask the EA App to install the game may cause problems if you don't let it just install where it wants. Or if the default folder is different from where you ask a specific game to be installed because it's the only thing I changed in this process. And it worked. ...except it's not working again./
Thanks to @Placebo and @Topaz for their advice in trying to help me figure this out. I'm just gonna quit now, because I've spent several hours fixing this instead of playing this week and that's pointless to me because life is too damned short. But thanks to everyone anyway.

Last edited:
It occurred to me yesterday to try uninstalling everything for the 7th time or so but letting the game install instead to the default folder the EA App wanted to use on my game drive. Badly designed software is frequently full of quirks like bugs appearing when you customise their use so I just let it do its thing. The game was responding on this install very differently from what it had before and it struck me that during install it was saying that it was "repairing". So something had been left over in a folder somewhere of that first install. The first application of the mod worked.

I've never installed Fifa to the default folder and never had such issues. It sounds like your OS/User Profile is corrupt, have you had any other system/game issues besides Fifa?

I've never installed Fifa to the default folder and never had such issues. It sounds like your OS/User Profile is corrupt, have you had any other system/game issues besides Fifa?
Nope. Nothing.
What do I need to do to check if everything's ok?

Maybe that’s the key. The admin or user rights in Win10…
Like when you don’t have permissions set correctly to access files and/or folders.
Had trouble with that in the past when dealing with MSFS bought from the MS store.

Back
Top Bottom